PDA

View Full Version : Realistically do the Spurs have a shot at Game 7? I'm confused.

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Half the people on this forum say that the Spurs are done, they are out of gas, physically drained, and that they won't be able to recover psychologically. The other half are saying that the Spurs have a chance, the Spurs have not lost consecutive games since December, the Heat will be tired as well, the Heat got lucky, etc.

I'm not sure which side to take. My initial reaction after the game and is still the case for the most part is the first one. Manu's press conference and TP's face during the interviews said it all. The other side of me wants to believe that the Spurs might win Game 7 but I just don't know how much gas, if any, do the Spurs have left.

Maybe I'll stick to my initial reaction just to avoid disappointment if the Spurs don't win Game 7? Maybe I want to believe that there is a small chance the Spurs can defy the odds and win Game 7 when in reality I could just be dreaming and drifting away from reality amongst the believers in this forum?

dbreiden83080
06-19-2013, 09:05 PM
It's a long shot.. I think the Heat role players will shoot well and win it for them in game 7..

Horry Hipcheck
06-19-2013, 09:06 PM
This really isn't some complicated issue that needs to have a side chosen. You either feel confident about how the Spurs will perform tomorrow or you don't. It doesn't matter, anyway, because the reality is that the Spurs absolutely have a shot, and that whatever happens in Game 7 happens. No amount of scrutiny or self-assurance will determine the outcome of a game in Miami. The Spurs will win or they will lose, and if it's the latter it will suck and we'll all move on with our lives.

RD2191
06-19-2013, 09:09 PM
The Spurs have no shot tmrw, I don't see where all of this falss hope is coming from. I'm going to bump this at the half when Spurs are down 20.

xtremesteven33
Manu said it best:

"If you gave us the opportunity 5 months ago to sign off for a game 7 in the NBA Finals. Of course we would do it."

The man is a warrior and is no stranger to elimination games. If any player plays best in a "winner take all scenario" its Manu. Sure he hasnt played well. Good thing is its not due to injury. It seems to be all mental. Fuck everyone whos saying bench Ginobili. The man has proven to be clutch many many times. If anything hes a great decoy.

As for the Spurs, Im not sure who will win tomorrow. Thats the beauty of Sports. The unpredictability of it all. Every player is going to empty the tank including on the Heat. I truly believe Lebron and Wade are just as exhausted as the Spurs are.

The Spurs can do this. I know they can. Believe.

hater
take my side. Hater's been right all along. about everything

Spurs in 7. yes there's the slight possibility the Spurs might quit but then how can you feel bad if they do. If they don't give a shit, neither should you. Yes, there's also a possibility of an injury, but oh well what you gonna do.

And in the end if my calculations were wrong and Heat beat us eventhough Spurs were fighting till the end, then time to take your hat off to them and congratulate them.

But that won't happen. spurs in 7

TrainOfThought5
06-19-2013, 09:10 PM
there are people who are looking realistically at the issue and analyzing all sides and coming to a rational conclusion about the probable outcome.

and there are those that "believe".

which one are you?

hater
06-19-2013, 09:12 PM
in other words it's very simple for us fans right now. Just hope Spurs won't quit and it'll all be good.

emanueldavidginobili
06-19-2013, 09:20 PM
I'm already nervous tbh

tesseractive
06-19-2013, 09:20 PM
I called Spurs in 7 before the series. I see no reason to change that now that we're at game 7.

Is there a chance the Spurs have nothing left tomorrow? Sure. But I won't believe it until I see it.

These guys have been through a lot over the years, including some tough-looking series. It seemed like half this board had them written off after Game 2 vs. Golden State. Some people thought they were through after Game 2 or Game 4 of this series. Obviously, they weren't. So it's time to saddle up that horse one last time, go out and leave everything on the court, and see whether that's good enough tomorrow night.

Hopefully Pop can find some things in the film that we can exploit, Manu can take a shot at some redemption for last night, Danny can adapt to the new coverage and hit some more 3s, and so on. Hopefully Tony or Tim can carry us down the stretch one more time like they've both done so much in the past.

Do I know that this will happen? No, of course not. But I believe.

CitizenDwayne
06-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Of course they do.

TrainOfThought5
06-19-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm already nervous tbh

with a user handle like that you should feel a dreadful feeling in your stomach.

LakerLanny
06-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Figure a probably officiating crew of Scott Fixster, Danny Crawford and probably Monty McCutchen or Ed Malloy.

It could be problematic, but surprisingly the Slick Mauer/Gnome/Irish Mike Callahan death crew was surprisingly decent in Game 6. Maybe they call in clean for once in a Game 7, that actually was the case Lakers vs Queens, Game 7 2002.

elmanutres
06-19-2013, 09:26 PM
The Spurs have no shot tmrw, I don't see where all of this falss hope is coming from. I'm going to bump this at the half when Spurs are down 20.

ok don't bother showing up in these forums when we do win. And don't bother celebrating either.

SpurPadre
06-19-2013, 09:27 PM
I just hope they don't quit like they did the game after the .04 game. In that game, only Devin Brown came to play.

Robz4000
06-19-2013, 09:29 PM
I give the Heat a 60/40 advantage, but it was something like 75/25 when the series started. Spurs got a good chance.

Kamala
06-19-2013, 09:29 PM
If any team can be the 1st in 35 years it's the Spurs.

ElNono
06-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Nobody cares what side you pick. Stop making stupid threads.

elmanutres
06-19-2013, 09:33 PM
there are people who are looking realistically at the issue and analyzing all sides and coming to a rational conclusion about the probable outcome.

which one are you?
realistic miami fans figured the game was over in game 6 but those that "believed" saw the most improbable comeback in nba finals history

If the impossible can happen for miami, the possible can happen for the spurs. I "believe", and you fucks that are already giving up have shown your true selfs.

These are the games that seperate the real fans from the fake fans. It will be a treat for us few real ones left. We will win on their court, AND DAMMIT THAT LARRY O BRIEN IS GONNA LOOK GOOD AT THE AT&T CENTER TROPHY DISPLAY

weebo
06-19-2013, 09:35 PM
Win or lose I'm going to enjoy this game for what it is. The last hurrah for the San Antonio Spurs of the last 15 years. It's been such a great ride for me as a fan of this team. This team has given so many great sports moment that I'll never get from any other team I follow. So,I'll enjoy it for one last time. Go Spurs Go!!!

:flag::lobt2::flag::lobt2::flag:

Salty
06-19-2013, 09:41 PM
there are people who are http://whatgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/funny-gifs-diving-fail.gif

which one are you?

fify

TrainOfThought5
06-19-2013, 09:43 PM
realistic miami fans figured the game was over in game 6 but those that "believed" saw the most improbable comeback in nba finals history

If the impossible can happen for miami, the possible can happen for the spurs. I "believe", and you fucks that are already giving up have shown your true selfs.

These are the games that seperate the real fans from the fake fans. It will be a treat for us few real ones left. We will win on their court, AND DAMMIT THAT LARRY O BRIEN IS GONNA LOOK GOOD AT THE AT&T CENTER TROPHY DISPLAY

you know.... i was gonna suffer in silence and not say anything after the loss..... but YOU delusional ass fuckers have got to learn. after the game tomorro make sure you bring your ass in here to explain how come reality wasnt overcome with bullshit and your fan arrogance was unable to affect the goings on on the court.

dipshit.

Master splitter
06-19-2013, 09:44 PM
Pop should send Tim,Tony,Green and Leonard home..let our bench try to win it all. Pretty sure Miami would like that this time around.

spurraider21
06-19-2013, 09:46 PM
i miss the regular season when there would only be 3-4 threads per day not 3-4 pages of threads

marinoman
06-19-2013, 09:49 PM
its not looking good, but it could happen, these people saying no chance, how pathetic are you.

"Im going to bump this thread when Spurs are down 20 at Halftime" what is this shit, the Heat sound like the perfect team for you, go support them

Even if you're right, thats not my point

HEBsteaks
06-19-2013, 09:52 PM
I have a lot more confidence now that Diaw is playing more. With TD, Diaw and Kawhi, I feel the Heat can be controlled. The Spurs did almost win with low production hero ball from TP, an ineffective Green and a Super sized Turnobili on roids. Game 6 was an elimination game for the Heat and their turn to win by following the current W-L pattern, and for the most part, Spurs won 99% of that game and barely lost. It was kinda like game 1. Game 2 the heat adjusted and won. If the Spurs can keep the Heat under control, I think the pressure will mount on the Heat. At this point, I think the Spurs are fighting to win, while the Heat are fighting, to NOT lose.

Spurs will make some adjustments and I feel they will take what they let slip away in Game 6, and go on to win. One thing I noticed these last 2 games, LeBron got frustrated and started to play somewhat passive, the Spurs must get to him early. I believe the Spurs can win. Although its a 50/50 chance, if the Spurs play a complete and clean game, I feel the Spurs improve their chances to 80%.

Budkin
06-19-2013, 09:53 PM
take my side. Hater's been right all along. about everything

Spurs in 7. yes there's the slight possibility the Spurs might quit but then how can you feel bad if they do. If they don't give a shit, neither should you. Yes, there's also a possibility of an injury, but oh well what you gonna do.

And in the end if my calculations were wrong and Heat beat us eventhough Spurs were fighting till the end, then time to take your hat off to them and congratulate them.

But that won't happen. spurs in 7

I'm with hater. Spurs got this.

easjer
06-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Reality:

They have a chance, because there is a game to be played.

What happens in that game is influenced by so many factors, absolute none of which are in the span of your control.

There are tons of reasons to think the Spurs can't do it: fatigue, confidence-shaking loss in Game 6, at home against Miami, inability to score likely due to Miami pressure, knowing we can't stop a run by their big three, our reserves are outclassed against theirs in this match-up, history.

There are reasons to think that the above may not be as glaringly straightforward as it appears at first glance: Spurs have been with Miami in every single game, for longer stretches in every loss. Spurs haven't lost back to back since December. Spurs have a deep desire to win that clawed them back into it. Spurs have shown they can be effective on the floor and if 2 more players step up there are good odds on winning given the previous six games.

They will show up to play hard or they won't. If they don't, no matter. If they do, there is going to be a lot of luck involved with whoever wins, because this matchup has been insanely tough for both teams. Believe or don't believe. It won't matter to the outcome, only to how you feel before the game and after the game.

Austin_Toros
06-19-2013, 10:02 PM
You have to give the Spurs even a small chance at this stage. Game 6 showed that they are definitely capable of winning. As long as the Spurs go all out and Manu picks it up, they should be considered at least a chance. Not a big chance, but a chance nevertheless.

sventhedog
06-19-2013, 10:03 PM
i really don't trust ginobili anymore the way he reacted to a loss. but then he is still free to prove otherwise.

ffadicted
06-19-2013, 10:05 PM
lol yes

therealtruth
06-19-2013, 10:09 PM
Manu said it best:

"If you gave us the opportunity 5 months ago to sign off for a game 7 in the NBA Finals. Of course we would do it."

The man is a warrior and is no stranger to elimination games. If any player plays best in a "winner take all scenario" its Manu. Sure he hasnt played well. Good thing is its not due to injury. It seems to be all mental. Fuck everyone whos saying bench Ginobili. The man has proven to be clutch many many times. If anything hes a great decoy.

As for the Spurs, Im not sure who will win tomorrow. Thats the beauty of Sports. The unpredictability of it all. Every player is going to empty the tank including on the Heat. I truly believe Lebron and Wade are just as exhausted as the Spurs are.

The Spurs can do this. I know they can. Believe.

The Manu from 5 years ago might have been able to make a difference but in this series he's been helping the Heat win more than the Spurs.

hater
06-19-2013, 10:13 PM
with a user handle like that you should feel a dreadful feeling in your stomach.

:lmao

hater
06-19-2013, 10:14 PM
The Manu from 5 years ago might have been able to make a difference but in this series he's been helping the Heat win more than the Spurs.

truth nuke IMO

Kidd K
06-19-2013, 10:21 PM
Considering Ginobili is liquid nitrogen cold, Duncan just blew his load, the Spurs are demoralized, the Heat are excited, it's at Miami, and Parker's playing on a bad hammy, the Spurs just posted their best turnover (excluding Turnobili) and offensive rebounding game since game 1, and we just lost a game where the refs in no way fucked us and at times even let us get away with shit. . .

I would give us about a 25% chance at most. Maybe a little less because of Ginobili potentially being a huge negative presence again. It's going to rest on the shoulders of Duncan and Parker. Diaw, Leonard, and maybe someone else like Gary Neal is going to have to step up since Ginobili is apparently incapable of just playing average when asked to for just one fuckin game.

xtremesteven33
06-19-2013, 10:24 PM

Ill make a judgement after game 7.

unforeseen
06-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Considering Ginobili is liquid nitrogen cold, Duncan just blew his load, the Spurs are demoralized, the Heat are excited, it's at Miami, and Parker's playing on a bad hammy, and the Spurs just posted their best turnover (excluding Turnobili) and offensive rebounding game since game 1. . .

I would give us about 25%. Maybe a little less. It's going to rest on the shoulders of Duncan and Parker. Diaw, Leonard, and maybe someone else like Gary Neal is going to have to step up since Ginobili is clearly incapable of even playing average when asked.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/heat_fusion/jsmvf1U.gif

SpurPadre
06-19-2013, 10:32 PM
FWIW, I just heard Greg Anthony on the radio and he actually gives us a good chance to win and used his own experience with the Knicks in '94 when they lost to the Rockets as an example. They lost Game 6 when they likely should've won and were said to have choked it away. And even though they went on to lose Game 7, it was a competitive game to the closing minutes of the 4th quarter, showing no emotional letdown from having lost a heartbreaker the last game. He thinks this Spurs team is the best equipped to recover from a loss like that and come back in a big way for Game 7. He didn't pick either us or the Heat to win, but he still doesn't think it's fair people aren't giving us a chance. I don't know why but it's made me feel better about our chances.

dg7md
06-19-2013, 10:38 PM
The Pacers were last second layup away from beating Miami at home. Anybody can win anytime, anywhere...

angelbelow
06-19-2013, 10:56 PM
There is no reason to believe that we won't be competitive. As long as they play hard and execute the game plan to the best of their ability, that is all you can ask for. Win or lose, I'm looking forward to seeing this Spurs team give it their all one last time.

In my honest opinion, if we play hard and consistent, we are the better team.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-19-2013, 11:49 PM
I believe they can win. Never lost the faith about that, even when they played bad. I think they are the better team.

Now, they looked gassed last night, especially TP who didn't get any help at PG. It was sad to see Pop pulling him in and out in between time outs so he could get a breather. If TP can get some rest during the game then I think the Spurs have a chance at closing out strong at the end of the game.

Also, if they start the game getting bad calls, they need to play through that and don't lose patience. It's doable.

I thought the Spurs played a subpar game last night and still managed to almost win it several times.

DubMcDub
06-19-2013, 11:51 PM
Anybody who says "no chance" is a fool. Anybody who says they have a good chance (with "good" meaning >40% or so) is also a fool.

They are firmly the underdog. But they can win. For sure. Doesn't mean they will, but they can.

Rapper
06-19-2013, 11:53 PM
Heat in 7. Period

Johnsyounger
06-20-2013, 12:00 AM
If any team can be the 1st in 35 years it's the Spurs.
The Spurs are the ONLY team in the NBA right now that can win a game 7 on the road. Believe.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-20-2013, 12:02 AM
Half the people on this forum say that the Spurs are done, they are out of gas, physically drained, and that they won't be able to recover psychologically. The other half are saying that the Spurs have a chance, the Spurs have not lost consecutive games since December, the Heat will be tired as well, the Heat got lucky, etc.

I'm not sure which side to take. My initial reaction after the game and is still the case for the most part is the first one. Manu's press conference and TP's face during the interviews said it all. The other side of me wants to believe that the Spurs might win Game 7 but I just don't know how much gas, if any, do the Spurs have left.

Maybe I'll stick to my initial reaction just to avoid disappointment if the Spurs don't win Game 7? Maybe I want to believe that there is a small chance the Spurs can defy the odds and win Game 7 when in reality I could just be dreaming and drifting away from reality amongst the believers in this forum?

Looking at things rationally, all the odds are against the Spurs: playing away from home (1) after a gut-punch loss (2) with old star players (3) at the end of a 100+ game season (4) against the defending champions (5) who also happen to have the best player in the world right now (6). All of that says "fuck no!" Going on logic, I give us a 20% chance at best.

However, the universe always doesn't operate on logic. If you believe in storylines, the greatest storyline would be for the Spurs to come back and win game 7, and we have seen something similar before, namely the Horry game in 2005 when we were out for the count multiple times and somehow still won the game. If you believe in patterns, the pattern of this series says that we win game 7. If you believe in voodoo, I am busy sticking pins into my LBJ, Wade and Bosh dolls, so that can only help right? :lmao

Anyway, there is no rational reason why we should think we have much of a chance in game 7. But sports has a way of counteracting logic, so who the hell knows? My approach is to mentally prepare myself for a loss in order to soften the blow if that occurs, but to maintain hope that the incredible could happen and the pain of game 6 could lead to an even greater payoff in game 7.

Either way, have a bottle of hard liquor ready for afterwards. ;) :drunk

kobyz
06-20-2013, 12:44 AM
no chance, game 7 Miami will be at the top of their game, we don't know how to play with our back to the wall very well, sad sad end of en era, how we always find ways to lose it from our hands, i feel like i want to kill myself, what a heartbreak...

elmanutres
06-20-2013, 12:46 AM
you know.... i was gonna suffer in silence and not say anything after the loss..... but YOU delusional ass fuckers have got to learn. after the game tomorro make sure you bring your ass in here to explain how come reality wasnt overcome with bullshit and your fan arrogance was unable to affect the goings on on the court.

dipshit.
Me believing in my team may not affect the outcome of the game, but that's just how sports is. You aren't the only one that suffered last night. I'm over it, the spurs players are over it, they talked about it and discussed last night. yeah i'm fucking scared we will lose, should i stop believing in my team now? Hell no. Sports has defied logic many times. Using logic the lakers should've won in 1970 when willis reed tore his leg muscle. The bulls shouldve lost game 5 in 97 when jordan got the flu. We saw last night, logic said we should've won game 6 with 5 up with like 30 seconds to go. That's what sports is all about. The difference is that us winning is not an impossibility. We can win game 7. And if you are gonna ditch this time and probably miss one of the best moments in spurs history then be my guest. Just turn in your spurs gear and don't fucking show up on this board celebrating saying "I knew they would pull through". dipshit

weeks
06-20-2013, 01:20 AM
espn: should the spurs sit their star players for game 7?

Kuestmaster
06-20-2013, 01:37 AM
On the Heat you can count for sure on James 25-30 and bosh 15. That's it. Everything else is on the air. If Wade don't have another Game 4 performance and we can contain Chalmers and Allen 3pt shooting... We like our chances. A lot. Manu and Parker can't play worse than they did in game 6. And yet we were in position of winning it.

I was devastated yesterday, but today I have faith, I know that maybe this is the last chance for this group and of course they know it. They will play with fire in their heart and eyes. Just one more game. 48 minutes. We can do it. Don't stop believing until the fat lady sings fellas.

spurman123
06-20-2013, 01:40 AM
Yes they have a legitimate shot at winning it or else they wouldn't be here to begin with.

timtonymanu
06-20-2013, 01:42 AM
It's a toss-up, no matter what. But I feel the Spurs will win.

daslicer
06-20-2013, 01:49 AM
To be truthful I just look forward to the game. Win or lose I'm at peace with myself. The hardest part is waiting for this game its the same feeling I used to get a few days before finals in college.

Baam
06-20-2013, 01:56 AM

Lol this is the perfect gif for tonight's game.

Horse
06-20-2013, 07:31 AM
This team goes how Timmy goes, and he looked pissed. You just gotta believe and if you don't go fuck yourself!

PublicOption
06-20-2013, 07:37 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nike-shoes-declare-lebron-two-time-champ-article-1.1376012

Spur|n|Austin
06-20-2013, 08:21 AM

:lol

Sandman52
06-20-2013, 09:04 AM
As far as fatigue goes, they have the whole summer to rest. I have full confidence that the Spurs will have enough left in the tank.

41times
06-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Well there have been 17 NBA Finals Game 7's
Home team has won 14 of those.
So yes the Spurs have a chance
But the odds are only about 18%
Do you Believe!?

jag
06-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Nobody cares what side you pick. Stop making stupid threads.

Kidd K
06-20-2013, 09:33 AM
I give the Heat a 60/40 advantage, but it was something like 75/25 when the series started. Spurs got a good chance.

Weird, I have the exact opposite impression than you.

It would be 60/50, or even just 55/45 Heat. . .in game 6.

With how we lost the game the way we did, and how Manu has apparently mentally quit on the team, I feel like our odds are down to 25/75. A lot of the pressure that was on the Heat just shifted to us, as did all of their depression. Now the Heat are excited and looking to get that title, while the Spurs are lamenting the loss of it before it's even over.

We're going to need Duncan to give us at least 25/15 and 30/10 out of Parker. With less than 4 turnovers out of Ginobili, and at least 3 threes from Danny Green. Basically we need everything to be right to win now.

peacemaker885
06-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Spurs in 7.

jack sommerset
06-20-2013, 09:52 AM
A Prayer for Hope

Heavenly father, I am your humble servant,
I come before you today in need of hope.
There are times when I fell helpless,
There are times when I feel weak.
I pray for hope.
I need hope for a better future.
I need hope for a better life.
I need hope for love and kindness.

Some say that the sky is at it’s
darkest just before the light.
I pray that this is true, for all seems dark.
I need your light, Lord, in every way.

I pray to be filled with your light from
head to toe. To bask in your glory.
To know that all is right in the world,
as you have planned, and as you want
it to be.

Help me to walk in your light, and live
my life in faith and glory.

In your name I pray, Amen.

CosmicCowboy
06-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Spurs will compete tonight and will compete next year with or without Manu.

All this moaning about "last chance" cracks me up.

Spurs are bringing back a damn strong core of players with the opportunity to improve even more in the off season.

With or without Manu and barring major injuries they will win 50+ again next year and be in the playoffs.

Sasha
06-20-2013, 02:29 PM

Wow.

Oh, Gee!!
06-20-2013, 02:35 PM
both teams have a shot tbh. otherwise, why play the game?

Chinook
06-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Subjective probability is one of the dumbest concepts ever. The Spurs have a chance to win because they are playing the game. Trying to make any further quantification of that chance is ludicrous. Either the Spurs or Heat will win the game, and once that happens, there will be no real way to know how "likely" it was. Objective probability can only look backwards; it is NOT predictive.

So people should quit trying to say how good the Spurs' chances of victory are. They're in the game with good enough players to beat the Heat. That's all that really matters.

41times
06-20-2013, 07:08 PM
3 of 17 road teams win game 7
Are the Spurs one of the 18%ers

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-20-2013, 07:54 PM

You are the worst kind of shithead. You quit on the team 50 times during this series, and thousands of times during the year. You actively want us to get blown out so you can say "I told you so"... you're sick.

I really wish you'd fuck off to your troll hole and never come back. I have never hated anyone on this site, but I hate you. You're no Spurs fan, you're a leech on all that is good in the world.

RD2191
06-20-2013, 08:05 PM
You are the worst kind of shithead. You quit on the team 50 times during this series, and thousands of times during the year. You actively want us to get blown out so you can say "I told you so"... you're sick.

I really wish you'd fuck off to your troll hole and never come back. I have never hated anyone on this site, but I hate you. You're no Spurs fan, you're a leech on all that is good in the world.

Tell me more about this leech.

LakerLanny
06-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Figure a probably officiating crew of Scott Fixster, Danny Crawford and probably Monty McCutchen or Ed Malloy.

It could be problematic, but surprisingly the Slick Mauer/Gnome/Irish Mike Callahan death crew was surprisingly decent in Game 6. Maybe they call in clean for once in a Game 7, that actually was the case Lakers vs Queens, Game 7 2002.

I predicted the exact officiating crew. That is not a good sign.