PDA

View Full Version : imagine how sweet a championship title will be...

sventhedog
06-19-2013, 10:32 PM
- the spurs were never considered to go back to the finals.
- spurs had a good season despite injuries.
- miami clearly is superior talent-wise.
after game 6
- spurs are clearly going to be more tired than the younger miami heat.
- everyone is counting the spurs out because it's impossible to recover psychologically from game 6.
- spurs clearly choked.
- heat look like superheroes because they have risen from their death beds.

i'm not the most optimistic spurs fan but a win under all these circumstances will just be nothing short of magical.

SpurPadre
06-19-2013, 10:36 PM
- the spurs were never considered to go back to the finals.
- spurs had a good season despite injuries.
- miami clearly is superior talent-wise.
after game 6
- spurs are clearly going to be more tired than the younger miami heat.
- everyone is counting the spurs out because it's impossible to recover psychologically from game 6.
- spurs clearly choked.
- heat look like superheroes because they have risen from their death beds.

i'm not the most optimistic spurs fan but a win under all these circumstances will just be nothing short of magical.

Uh, the Heat are technically older than the Spurs. It's their Big 3 that's younger than our Big 3.

RD2191
06-19-2013, 10:37 PM
Not gonna happen. You can't let a title slip away like the Spurs did last night.

Spursmania
06-19-2013, 10:41 PM
Anything can happen. BELIEVE!!!

spurraider21
06-19-2013, 10:51 PM
winning game 7 is the only way the pain will go away.

The Spurs success the past 16 years is the only reason i'm not a depressed sports fan. Being a raiders fan who wasn't around during their superbowl years is rough. the tuck rule, the superbowl massacre in the "jon gruden" game, and then a decade+ of ineptitude always haunt me. luckily the only other team in pro sports i am a die hard fan of has been the Spurs, and while they've spoiled me, memories of 04 and 06 still crush me. i surely don't want to add another one to the list. i can't see Tim losing game 7

hyhy
06-19-2013, 11:00 PM
- the spurs were never considered to go back to the finals. (Only by the media and people who dun watch the spurs)
- spurs had a good season despite injuries. (We had the least injuries in the playoffs)
- miami clearly is superior talent-wise. (Game 6 actually showed that we can win the game. We were leading most of the way. Game 5 showed that we were better at Isos than they were)
after game 6
- spurs are clearly going to be more tired than the younger miami heat. (Did you see the energy Lebron expanded on that Headbandless run. He told Spo he needed a timeout coz he was gassed)
- everyone is counting the spurs out because it's impossible to recover psychologically from game 6. (Following that both spurs and heat did not win back-to-back games, I like our chances)
- spurs clearly choked. (Not really. Its they made lucky/clutch three pointers)
- heat look like superheroes because they have risen from their death beds. (They just look lucky)

sventhedog
06-19-2013, 11:24 PM
- the spurs were never considered to go back to the finals. (Only by the media and people who dun watch the spurs)
- spurs had a good season despite injuries. (We had the least injuries in the playoffs)
- miami clearly is superior talent-wise. (Game 6 actually showed that we can win the game. We were leading most of the way. Game 5 showed that we were better at Isos than they were)
after game 6
- spurs are clearly going to be more tired than the younger miami heat. (Did you see the energy Lebron expanded on that Headbandless run. He told Spo he needed a timeout coz he was gassed)
- everyone is counting the spurs out because it's impossible to recover psychologically from game 6. (Following that both spurs and heat did not win back-to-back games, I like our chances)
- spurs clearly choked. (Not really. Its they made lucky/clutch three pointers)
- heat look like superheroes because they have risen from their death beds. (They just look lucky)

lebron was tired but doesn't change the fact that duncan, ginobili are older.

also, when the heat was looking like a beaten team, they were able to pull off a win. tells you something about them and how bad the spurs were.

luck goes to the team that exerts effort and makes things happen. it's not like nobody drained a 3-pter and bosh just was lying on the floor when he go the rebound.

Obstructed_View
06-20-2013, 02:54 AM
Yep, that pretty much describes my summer, imagining how sweet it would have been.

sventhedog
06-20-2013, 07:27 AM
at least there's still hope. if there isn't a even a 1% chance, there would be no reason to play game 7.

noles1983
06-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Not gonna happen. You can't let a title slip away like the Spurs did last night.

gtfo already, grow a pair. You gonna watch the game? If so why? Pussy.

Stabula
06-20-2013, 08:05 AM
I hear timvp has taken up a black tar heroin habit after game 6, tbh

Thomas82
06-20-2013, 08:07 AM
Here is one other thing to keep in mind that I don't think should be overlooked:

Except for Ray Allen (lost in 2010), nobody on the Heat's roster has ever played in a Game 7 in the NBA Finals, but of course the same can't be said about the Spurs.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-20-2013, 08:14 AM
I'm hoping against hope that the Spurs will somehow pull off the unthinkable and win this Game 7. It would be twice as sweet as ANY previous Spurs championship.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-20-2013, 08:16 AM
Here is one other thing to keep in mind that I don't think should be overlooked:

Except for Ray Allen (lost in 2010), nobody on the Heat's roster has ever played in a Game 7 in the NBA Finals, but of course the same can't be said about the Spurs.

But they do have a lot of playoff Game 7 experience with elimination on the line, and I think that's ultimately what's most important.

The Heat beat the Celtics in Game 7 in last year's ECF and the Pacers in Game 7 in this year's ECF.

Thomas82
06-20-2013, 08:18 AM
But they do have a lot of playoff Game 7 experience with elimination on the line, and I think that's ultimately what's most important.

The Heat beat the Celtics in Game 7 in last year's ECF and the Pacers in Game 7 in this year's ECF.

True, but that's not quite the same as the NBA Finals.....this is a bigger stage. I'm just saying.

rascal
06-20-2013, 08:39 AM

This spurs core has not been good overall in thier elimination games.

Spur|n|Austin
06-20-2013, 08:42 AM
I'm hoping against hope that the Spurs will somehow pull off the unthinkable and win this Game 7. It would be twice as sweet as ANY previous Spurs championship.

Well you won't be watching so does it even matter?

Duncan2177
06-20-2013, 09:02 AM
This spurs core has not been good overall in thier elimination games.

The Spurs know they can win game 7. There not gonna come out and just hand over the trophy to Miami.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Well you won't be watching so does it even matter?

It does; if I check the score, I hope to see SAS 109, MIA 104 or something like that.