PDA

View Full Version : An Article that May Increase Your Hope Of A Game 7 Spurs Victory

cd021
06-19-2013, 10:53 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/2013/6/19/4444164/lebron-james-dwyane-wade-heat-spurs-nba-finals-game-6

Read the entire article

Lebron & Wade -O Rating -100.8/ D Rating-112.7

Lebron & No Wade: 131.7 O rating /89.5 D Rating

"For those that aren't interested in the numbers, that means that the Heat have been a pretty bad team this series with Wade and James in together and lights-out incredible with James in sans Wade. Obviously, there's a sample size and opposition issue at play here, but those are staggering numbers."

basically it may be a problem for the heat. They stink on offense when Wade and lBJ plays and are very bad on defense.

Based on that the Spurs lineup that would seem to have the most success if Parker, Green, Leonard, Diaw and Duncan.

-Lebron seems to be hesitant on posting Diaw and seems to drive only to spaces the Spurs want him to go (funneling) his jumper has been iffy all series as well. Despite us having almost 50 turnovers in the past 3 games they really haven't capitalized on it in the fast break. He normally thrives in transition for easy baskets. Leonard can help off of Wade who actually has about 6 3pt attempts in 21 game these playoffs,

tesseractive
06-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Prada's Pictures is freaking awesome.

cutewizard
06-19-2013, 10:57 PM
i actually like this combination of Duncan, Diaw, Leonard, Green and Parker to start game 7

hope Pop sees this idea and implements it,

hmmmmm, well see............

LarryDavid
06-19-2013, 11:02 PM
i actually like this combination of Duncan, Diaw, Leonard, Green and Parker to start game 7

Not sure about starting, but I hope this is the lineup they go with for a majority of the game.

tesseractive
06-19-2013, 11:04 PM

hope Pop sees this idea and implements it,

hmmmmm, well see............
I agree: that's an effective lineup, and it ought to get quite a few minutes. The only issue is that it leaves Tiago to sub for Duncan for as short a period as humanly possible, and Manu and Neal as the only viable subs for everyone else.

Regardless of whether we slash Manu's minutes or not, we're still going to need him to play better tomorrow night, because we have to rest our players. If Manu is dropping turnovers at the same rate, we're done whether Diaw starts or not. We also desperately need some outside shooting from somewhere in the rotation.

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 11:11 PM
I agree: that's an effective lineup, and it ought to get quite a few minutes. The only issue is that it leaves Tiago to sub for Duncan for as short a period as humanly possible, and Manu and Neal as the only viable subs for everyone else.

Regardless of whether we slash Manu's minutes or not, we're still going to need him to play better tomorrow night, because we have to rest our players. If Manu is dropping turnovers at the same rate, we're done whether Diaw starts or not. We also desperately need some outside shooting from somewhere in the rotation.That is why we need the big 3 to have good games. The better our superstar players play, the more open shots that our role players will get.

pgardn
06-19-2013, 11:12 PM
Diaw...

I like the smarts, but the stamina.
When he gets tired his legs go concrete.
I want him to have some legs on Lebron to adequately spell Leonard.
Leonard is doing an admirable job but, yes, 21 year olds tire having to cover a bull.

hater
06-19-2013, 11:21 PM
Heat woulda swept the SPurs if Wade had sat IMO

tesseractive
06-19-2013, 11:23 PM
That is why we need the big 3 to have good games. The better our superstar players play, the more open shots that our role players will get.
It works the other way, too -- if we hit outside shots when we can get them, it opens up the paint more for our stars.

sventhedog
06-19-2013, 11:33 PM
haven't read the article but doesn't this mean that a bad-heat team is tied for a good spurs team 3-3 in a series? with a chance to beat the spurs, how bad can the spurs be to let that happen?