PDA

View Full Version : Response and Reaction to Game 6

SpursDynasty21
06-19-2013, 11:11 PM
This is my first topic, but I wanted to share my thoughts about what happened in Game 6. The Heat were in a must win game. They had to win to force a Game 7, and even with that pressure the Spurs had the game under control until a few mistakes cost them in the final seconds. I'm upset about the loss, too. I'm trying to stay positive and also realistic. It's been awhile since a road team has won Game 7. The Spurs have proven that they can win in Miami, they did it once and almost done it again in Game 6. That is with Manu Ginobili's turnovers, the missed free throws, and the bad rebounding at the end. That is with a rough game by Danny Green. The Spurs seem like the team that can overcome this loss. I look at it as a loss, and that doesn't matter if it was by 30 points or 3. The Spurs needed to make a few plays at the end and they didn't do it. It's as simple as that.

I think that the Spurs can win Game 7 if they get consistent play from Duncan and Parker. Maybe Khawi Leonard and/or Danny Green step up. As of right now, Green may be the Finals MVP if the Spurs win. Can he step up in this game? I don't know what to expect from Manu Ginobili, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. If he starts off slow, I'd go with Neal the rest of the way. This is not a time to be loyal, this is a time to bring home a championship.

Bottom line, the Game 6 defeat was tough. Victory was at the Spurs' fingertips...but it slipped away. Regardless of the loss, the Spurs had the game under control for most of the way. Will it be that way in Game 7? Time will tell, but I just hope that the Spurs keep it close. I don't want the Heat to go on a long run and get the crowd hyped up early. This is Game 7. The Spurs want this and know that they have one last chance to bring it home. Thanks for reading!

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2013, 11:21 PM
I just wish that the game hadn't gone to overtime. I would have preferred to lose the game like games 2 and 4 instead of this heartbreaking overtime lost. Some people would have preferred that the Spurs lose a close one which I can agree with too but in overtime? Sh*t this was supposed to be our game. That is the main problem.

Sean Cagney
06-19-2013, 11:25 PM
I just wish that the game hadn't gone to overtime. I would have preferred to lose the game like games 2 and 4 instead of this heartbreaking overtime lost. Some people would have preferred that the Spurs lose a close one which I can agree with too but in overtime? Sh*t this was supposed to be our game. That is the main problem.

I agree with you and I felt the same exact way, a loss cool we go to a game 7 and hang it all out! BUT TO LOSE like that? WHEW! That is horrible.

SpursDynasty21
06-19-2013, 11:33 PM
I'm trying to overlook how the Spurs lost, but just accept the fact that they did lose. Just pretend that the Spurs got blown out. Wouldn't that make the Heat feel better than knowing that it took overtime to beat the Spurs in a must win game?