PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Duncan or Parker?..

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2013, 11:13 PM
Who has been the Spurs best player in the playoffs, tbh?..

Parker has received all the hype, but taking a closer look, it's very close..

Parker: 22.2 PER
Duncan: 21 PER

Parker: .527 TS%
Duncan: .521 TS%

Parker: 109 offensive rating
Duncan: 105 offensive rating

Parker: 105 defensive rating(worst on the team)
Duncan: 98 defensive rating(best on the team)

Parker: .162 WS/48
Duncan: .156 WS/48

Statistically, they are virtually identical, tbh, with Parker having the slight edge in every category minus defense, where Duncan has a massive advantage..

Parker is the engine of the Spurs offense, he's usually the catalyst for the open looks from 3 and he has been the Spurs clutch-time ace, tbh..his role as pick&roll ball-handler is imperative to the Spurs success and the team is built around him, from an offensive standpoint..

Duncan is the defensive anchor of the Spurs defense, which ranks 3rd in the playoffs and has actually performed much better than their offense, tbh..offensively, his numbers are pretty impressive, considering he has went against Dwight Howard, Andrew Bogut and Marc Gasol, one of the most difficult runs for an individual big that I can remember, tbh..

midnightpulp
06-19-2013, 11:20 PM
I really, really wanted to crown this Tony's team and elevate him to superstar status following these Finals, win or lose. I thought he'd have a strong series, even though Miami has a great pick-and-roll defense, and figured the culprits for losing this series would be Manu (which is true), a worn down Duncan, who I expected to run out of gas, and Lebron going historic. Tony's culpability isn't as high as Manu's obviously, but last night's performance now gives him a greater share of the blame than Duncan if the Spurs lose this series. So that considered, Duncan's probably been the Spurs best overall player.

All that can change tomorrow, though. I feel it in my fuckin' bones that Duncan is going to be historically bad tomorrow.

HeatChamps
06-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Yeah Duncan will be a TOSB tomorrow.

TDMVPDPOY
06-19-2013, 11:57 PM
duncan is fmvp of this team

his the one that shows up while everyone doesnt till the 2nd half and goes away from duncan for no apparent reason
ppl say duncan fades in the 2nd half, how can you fade if ur not t aking bulk of shots or no one is passing when someone is busy bricking a new backboard?

ElNono
06-20-2013, 12:00 AM
Tough one, tbh... on one hand, Tony has been playing injured, so keeping up with those numbers while hurt is pretty damn remarkable... on the other hand, you just gotta be in awe with 37 year old Duncan...

HI-FI
06-20-2013, 12:18 AM
as much as I hate on french faux fag, he has improved in so many ways, other than when he gets frustrated and goes instant heroball mode.

personally, I want either Duncan or Kawhi to get Finals MVP. Every year Duncan is in peak form, we're in the Finals. Some of Parker's best years have led to playoff exits by this point. If not for Duncan getting lighter and stronger, Parker would be at home right now eating prime pussy and croissants. So Duncan it is.

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2013, 12:21 AM
dont know why you clowns bring up excuses for that fake ass leader
if his injured, why does he feel the need to go heroball?...cant he just continue to make plays and defer to the open man?

irishock
06-20-2013, 12:27 AM
Quite clearly Tim Duncan.

z0sa
06-20-2013, 12:28 AM
Tim Duncan. Elite two way bigs affect the game in far more ways than a PG possibly can.

mercos
06-20-2013, 12:32 AM
Parker. Its very close, and both have been amazing, but Parker is able to play at a high level at the end of games. Due to his age, Duncan can not give us an elite effort in the fourth very often. A majority of NBA games are decided in the fourth quarter.

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2013, 12:45 AM
Parker. Its very close, and both have been amazing, but Parker is able to play at a high level at the end of games. Due to his age, Duncan can not give us an elite effort in the fourth very often. A majority of NBA games are decided in the fourth quarter.

high level as in bricking and hero mode, makes 1-2 plays out of 16 bricks and you call him a winner clutch? if he was that good he wouldve shown up for the whole game like duncan has

lol playing the age shit again, duncan had no problem playing big minutes when game was on the line, what was parkers excuse? playing with fake injury so he can get some rest? pulling a page out of wade, pierce fake ass injury games to overcome and overglorify if they win the game?

mercos
06-20-2013, 12:58 AM
I'm not trying to shit on Duncan here, but he scored 0 points in the fourth quarter and OT. No idea what Parker's fourth quarter numbers were overall, but I know he got 5 points quick to get us the lead back in the final minutes.

TDfan2007
06-20-2013, 01:28 AM
I'm not trying to shit on Duncan here, but he scored 0 points in the fourth quarter and OT. No idea what Parker's fourth quarter numbers were overall, but I know he got 5 points quick to get us the lead back in the final minutes.

Timmy was our best player in the OT sessions in the Memphis series. He just didn't score in overtime in game 6 because he did not get the ball. I don't think he attempted a single shot. At that point Tony was in full-on hero mode.

TDfan2007
06-20-2013, 01:30 AM
To answer OP's question, the best player has been Timmy. Parker's defense during this entire playoff run has been incredibly bad.

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2013, 01:43 AM

BLAME duncan cause he didnt shoot when the hero iso 10 consecutive plays?

HI-FI
06-20-2013, 01:52 AM
BLAME duncan cause he didnt shoot when the hero iso 10 consecutive plays?

so why does Parker get away with so much heroball, especially when its not working? Does Pop see him as his long lost French son?

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2013, 01:59 AM
so why does Parker get away with so much heroball, especially when its not working? Does Pop see him as his long lost French son?

THE fkn clown probably got a big head ever since he thinks its his team when he has led the team to bullshit
thinking he really is runners up mvp candidate, when in fact he didnt even finish top3 vote getter
thinking he will win fmvp by ballhogging
gives up just as many points on the other end due to his shit defense, lol mario chalmers

Spursfanfromafar
06-20-2013, 02:19 AM
Kawhi Leonard....

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2013, 02:25 AM
what are KL and tds stats avgs for the finals atm?

midnightpulp
06-20-2013, 04:27 AM
Another funny thing is that Duncan has the highest FT percentage on the team during the playoffs.

I just hope he goes out strong tomorrow and doesn't have one of those 3-12 type games.

Legacy
06-20-2013, 04:49 AM
Timmy and Kawhi, imo. I saw so much bonding between the both of them during these entire playoffs. It was such a beautiful thing to witness. :cry

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2013, 04:56 AM
I BET YOU robin and catwoman is not going to show up tommarow, ive seen enough of these 2 idiots to be making up the big 3

mudyez
06-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Timmy will save us!

HeatChamps
06-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Timmy will save us!
37 year old Duncan coming back after a overtime game logging heavy minutes? I don't think so. 28 year Lebron coming back? Much more likely. Age matters.