PDA

View Full Version : On the Spurs, and game 7

Pentagruel
06-20-2013, 12:06 AM
It's been roughly twenty-four hours since the Spurs lost game 6 of the NBA finals. I've felt wretched, hopeful, infuriated, aloof, proud and everything in between. I've felt something. I've felt a lot. And that is meaningful.

I've watched some of the finest basketball that I can ever remember in the last twenty-four hours, an elite team with only one goal in sight. Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, every role player and Gregg Popovich poured everything into a few hours in the Miami night. It was magnificent. One group of individuals brought together in a rare situation who were able to give everything they had with nothing else on their mind, no distractions. They fought until the bitter end, and it meant something to them.

Sure, I was upset. The Spurs were in command, they had the game won, Miami was on the ropes and about to break ; and yet they lost. Parker and Duncan couldn't buy a bucket, Kawhi missed a game winning free throw, Ginobili... well he had a bad Ginobili night, and Pop was a disaster. Sure, I felt that way too, and maybe still do. All of them could have made that difference and they would have been champions, an action to be remembered forever in basketball history ; an ice cold free throw, a magnificent pass, a game winning jumper or a beastly block.

But it didn't happen. Miami made the decisive plays, and Miami won the game. But there is one game yet to be played, one game, the score, 0-0, and one team can still win. And though i'm still upset with game 6, i'm ready to cheer on my Spurs for game 7 where they have one more chance for glory, one more chance to make that final statement, one more chance to be world champions and reach the pinnacle of their craft.

rick1991
06-20-2013, 12:15 AM
Best take yet! Lets get #5. Hit the reset switch and show some confidence! Win or go home. The past is the past lets live in the moment and appreciate the oppourtunity at hand. One game away! Support the team or leave. Win or lose we will go down fighting! Jump on the positive train or go away. If your scared go to church!

Sean Cagney
06-20-2013, 12:58 AM
Best take yet! Lets get #5. Hit the reset switch and show some confidence! Win or go home. The past is the past lets live in the moment and appreciate the oppourtunity at hand. One game away! Support the team or leave. Win or lose we will go down fighting! Jump on the positive train or go away. If your scared go to church!

What is a flat out shame is the guy who said the last part in your post is not here anymore! He would show up in the big games :(