PDA

View Full Version : An Amazing 2012-2013 Season Ends Tonight - 48 Minutes Left

Harry Callahan
06-20-2013, 08:18 AM
As a lifelong Spurs fan, this 2012-2013 season has been fantastic with all the twists and turns.

Our team is playing for the NBA championship tonight. I'm very appreciative of this! Not many franchises get this opportunity.

Unlike a number of the current Spurstalk posters, I followed the Spurs teams that you knew were going to be entertaining, but were never strong enough to be the last team standing (teams in the late 1970s and early 1980s).
The Tim Duncan era has made anything possible - including NBA Championships.

In the future, we will likely never see NBA franchises scout, draft, and develop the core of its team like the Spurs have. In the future, we will likely never see NBA franchises stick with its core for a decade plus like the Spurs have. The Spurs have been an exception to the norm for a long time.

NBA teams are now being bought instead of built, with players moving from team to team without regard the cities and fans being left behind. Is this a better way to do things? I don't think so, but that is what the future will likely hold.

My hope for the Spurs is a strong 48 minutes of Basketball tonight. They more than capable of getting this final game. I sincerely believe they are the better TEAM in this series based on how the games have played out so far.

Good luck Spurs!!!!! I hope we are all celebrating #5 at around 10:40 tonight.

One more thing, I'm sure the Spurs fans appreciate our team a little more than the folks in South Florida based on recent events.

Hook Dem
06-20-2013, 08:43 AM
Been here all along Harry! Good post and good luck to our SPURS!!!!!!!

mudyez
06-20-2013, 08:53 AM
:cry It's so beautiful to be a Spursfan!

No matter the outcome, I just love you!

purist
06-20-2013, 09:23 AM
I'm with Harry. Wanna know heartbreak? try losing a 3-1 lead to the Washington Bullets in the Eastern Conference finals. my resilience as a fan was forged over decades of coulda, shoulda, wish we woulda. The Pop/Duncan era has been a sweet ride, regardless of tonight's outcome and regardless of what all the latecomer, wannabe "experts" on spurstalk think.

BillMc
06-20-2013, 09:24 AM
As a lifelong Spurs fan, this 2012-2013 season has been fantastic with all the twists and turns.

Our team is playing for the NBA championship tonight. I'm very appreciative of this! Not many franchises get this opportunity.

Unlike a number of the current Spurstalk posters, I followed the Spurs teams that you knew were going to be entertaining, but were never strong enough to be the last team standing (teams in the late 1970s and early 1980s).
The Tim Duncan era has made anything possible - including NBA Championships.

In the future, we will likely never see NBA franchises scout, draft, and develop the core of its team like the Spurs have. In the future, we will likely never see NBA franchises stick with its core for a decade plus like the Spurs have. The Spurs have been an exception to the norm for a long time.

NBA teams are now being bought instead of built, with players moving from team to team without regard the cities and fans being left behind. Is this a better way to do things? I don't think so, but that is what the future will likely hold.

My hope for the Spurs is a strong 48 minutes of Basketball tonight. They more than capable of getting this final game. I sincerely believe they are the better TEAM in this series based on how the games have played out so far.

Good luck Spurs!!!!! I hope we are all celebrating #5 at around 10:40 tonight.

One more thing, I'm sure the Spurs fans appreciate our team a little more than the folks in South Florida based on recent events.

This.

Good post Harry.

Harry Callahan
06-20-2013, 09:39 AM
I'm with Harry. Wanna know heartbreak? try losing a 3-1 lead to the Washington Bullets in the Eastern Conference finals. my resilience as a fan was forged over decades of coulda, shoulda, wish we woulda. The Pop/Duncan era has been a sweet ride, regardless of tonight's outcome and regardless of what all the latecomer, wannabe "experts" on spurstalk think.

I remember that very well myself. The Spurs have nice lead in game seven, and the lights go out in Washington's Capital Centre causing a 20 minute delay in the game. The SAS implode, and get tagged with Billy Paultz moving screen calls and the like at the end with the Bullets winning out (remember the BULLETS?). That was pretty bad stuff.

I really, really, really want the SAS to win this one. I know how hard it has been to get back to this point. I'm realistic enough to know these opportunities do not come often and oftentimes never for lesser teams. I've been knashing my teeth for the last couple of days (game 6 had a tough, cruel ending for us). I think it's good (for the sake of my blood pressure) that the season wraps tonight and there are no more games.

The Spurs have a bunch of seasoned, tough guys who will fight through just about anything. It would be so wonderful to watch the guys exhale and have some fun tonight. The guys in Black would be and are deserving champions - they have what it takes there is no question about that.

I don't believe in Karma, but there would be poetic justice in the Spurs winning the title tonight and doing it the right way - without taking shortcuts. LeBron, Wade, and Bosh could really use a little dose of humility from time to time.

If the Spurs don't finish them off tonight, they are still a great bunch of players who fought against the odds (the Core players from prior championships are all past 30). This is NOT the way things normally work. Let's put the cherry on top of this thing tonight Spurs.

dbreiden83080
06-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Truly Duncan's Spurs last stand..

TXstbobcat
06-20-2013, 09:53 AM
This has been a special season. I never thought I would get to go to Miami to see the spurs play in game 2 of the finals and get to experience going to game 5 of the finals back home in San Antonio. Being at the game 5 victory in person will be an experience that I will never forget.

TheChillFactor
06-20-2013, 10:02 AM
I'm 36 and got hooked in the pre-Robinson era. Totally relate to everything you said, although obviously not the ECF against the Bullets.

This has been an unbelievable ride. No matter what happens tonight lets just watch our guys go for it one more time and let the chips fall where they may. GO SPURS GO.

Mugen
06-20-2013, 10:03 AM
Been a great season so far where the Spurs stave off Basketball Death once again. Hoping for an epic ending to an entertaining year.

JR3
06-20-2013, 10:08 AM
I love this team. The fact that the Spurs are in tonight's game goes far beyond our expectations. I know I can't EXPECT a win, but I feel like our guys deserve it and they owe it to themselves to go out and find a way to win this game tonight.