PDA

View Full Version : In the other news...

Brazil
06-20-2013, 10:44 AM
Lebron is a great player...

I'm amazed by the number of threads pointing out the reasons of Game 6 so called collapse (Turnobili, Parker selfish prick, One FT, Pop arrogance, Duncan too nice, head band, aliens...) and yet everybody seems to over look the main one: Lebron.

What happened in game 6? Lebron happened... His first half has been meh but he did a great job on Parker then in the 4th quarter he put a monster performance and gave his team a shot, Bosh with 2 surprising clutch defensive plays and clutch Allen put the cherry on the cake.

At the end we should all give Miami in general and Lebron in particular credit for this win. They have been dominated, hanged on and finally made amazing plays down the stretch.

I hate Lebron with a big passion but dude is good at playing basketball

MannyIsGod
06-20-2013, 10:46 AM
Honestly, Lebron was the big reason the Spurs were down and played amazing through 8 1/2 minutes or so of the quarter. But he was not very good from that point on. He had some really awful shots (maybe credit should be given to the Spurs D here) in that time and he had some turn overs too. He missed 2 3s very badly also and if not for offensive rebounding from his team he'd not have the one three that he made during that span.

All in all its pretty unfair to say he lost them the game because he got them back in it to begin with, but I think the Spurs handled him reasonably well down the stretch.

Brazil
06-20-2013, 12:17 PM
Honestly, Lebron was the big reason the Spurs were down and played amazing through 8 1/2 minutes or so of the quarter. But he was not very good from that point on. He had some really awful shots (maybe credit should be given to the Spurs D here) in that time and he had some turn overs too. He missed 2 3s very badly also and if not for offensive rebounding from his team he'd not have the one three that he made during that span.

All in all its pretty unfair to say he lost them the game because he got them back in it to begin with, but I think the Spurs handled him reasonably well down the stretch.

yet on the brick 3 for instance, his team get the O rebound, then he shot the ball without a second thought 3 seconds after bricking ugly, of course he made mistakes and had some awful shots but it didn't affect him and he continued to play and showed why he is the best bb player.

Budkin
06-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Fuck him. I want him to cry tonight.

jstep13
06-20-2013, 12:19 PM
he was damn near in tears on the sideline before Allen bailed him out

Jenks
06-20-2013, 12:23 PM
It's probably because the guy he was guarding put them up 5 and then he missed both first chance 3 pointers and was bailed out by no rebounding. Michael Jordan 2.0

Brazil
06-20-2013, 12:27 PM
:lol

you guys are priceless tbh he scored what ? 16 pts in the fourth quarter at 70% FG and this is his team who bailed him out ? :lmao

Spur|n|Austin
06-20-2013, 12:38 PM
he was damn near in tears on the sideline before Allen bailed him out

I actually thought I saw teary eyes, no joke.

tesseractive
06-20-2013, 01:01 PM

you guys are priceless tbh he scored what ? 16 pts in the fourth quarter at 70% FG and this is his team who bailed him out ? :lmao

LeBron was brilliant throught most of the 4th, and he didn't fold even when he made mistakes. I give him all the credit in the world.

Chris Bosh, by the way, was also fucking amazing with the game on the line. He doesn't get nearly enough credit for the work he does, and he amazes me because he's on a team that's all about the spotlight, but he's willing to go to work quietly, change his game to fill the role they need him to play, get constantly trashed by fans and the media, and be a complete pro about it.

Brazil
06-20-2013, 03:20 PM
LeBron was brilliant throught most of the 4th, and he didn't fold even when he made mistakes. I give him all the credit in the world.

yes

Chris Bosh, by the way, was also fucking amazing with the game on the line. He doesn't get nearly enough credit for the work he does, and he amazes me because he's on a team that's all about the spotlight, but he's willing to go to work quietly, change his game to fill the role they need him to play, get constantly trashed by fans and the media, and be a complete pro about it.

and yes

SouthernFried
06-20-2013, 03:31 PM
LeBron was LeBron. However, he started his hot streak when he was playing against the 2nd team. That seemed to get him going, and it just continued from there for the rest of the 4th quarter.

Doesn't diminish what he did...but, it's interesting to note :)

said7
06-20-2013, 03:50 PM
Can you even begin to imagine how brutal the media would have destroyed him had the spurs won. If not for offensive rebound at the end he had 2 turnovers and 2 misses in the last 4 possession. That is not "clutch". People are too hard on him tho.

06-20-2013, 04:08 PM
If I remember correctly, ESPN showed that Lebron scored 16 in the fourth quarter and that was the most in NBA finals history...

therealtruth
06-20-2013, 07:35 PM
LeBron was LeBron. However, he started his hot streak when he was playing against the 2nd team. That seemed to get him going, and it just continued from there for the rest of the 4th quarter.

Doesn't diminish what he did...but, it's interesting to note :)

That's when Pop started to lose the game. He didn't sense the movement. He didn't realize that almost everygame in this series has turned on the critical stretch from end of the 3rd to the beginning of the 4th.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-20-2013, 07:39 PM

Absolutely. At half time in the game thread I said that I was worried about when the real LBJ was going to show up, go to the basket, and mercilessly rip us apart, and that's exactly what he did in the 4th Q. :depressed