PDA

View Full Version : Would a victory tonight be remembered as Pop's best coaching moment of his career?

chrhawk
06-20-2013, 11:18 AM
I wasn't too thrilled with some of Pop's decisions at the end of Game 6. But he's been in the news for the way he regrouped the Spurs taking them out to dinner immediately after the loss. Then, speaking privately with his team on the bus right before practice.

We obviously won't know the true psyche of the Spurs until the first few minutes of the game tbh.

But they appear to doing and saying the right things. If Pop did indeed succeed in refocusing the Spurs and they go on to win tonight will those be the two moments that basketball fans remember him for the most?

ironman2886
06-20-2013, 11:23 AM
It's on the players to perform. Pop has been doing some great coaching. Manu has played mostly terrible, Parker hasn't been as consistent as he should, and Green had his worst game of the finals in game 6. Game 7 is on the players. The players know the scheme. They know the have to play hard. Coach pop has lead this team to game 7. The team needs to finish it.

UZER
06-20-2013, 11:26 AM
I have had my apology ready to go since the beginning of the playoffs. I said if we get this ring, I will take back everything I've said about pop and bow to his greatness (not that he gives a shit about me or my opinion).

But then he goes and pulls that shit in game 6. Still, I'm ready to do it. I want to do it. C'mon Pop, your team and their fans need this moment.

Go Spurs Go!!!!

baseline bum
06-20-2013, 11:27 AM
Yes, and it's not even close.

chrhawk
06-20-2013, 11:30 AM
I don't want it to look like I'm blaming Pop for the loss in Game 6. I still didn't care for some of his calls the other night, but he wasn't the reason they lost.

GrandeDavid
06-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Uh, yeah! Hilarious question.

Fabbs
06-20-2013, 11:32 AM
Give me some Nasty in 2012 was his finest moment.

chrhawk
06-20-2013, 11:34 AM
Give me some Nasty in 2012 was his finest moment.

Would've been more memorable if they won the series tbh.

EVAY
06-20-2013, 11:39 AM
It's on the players to perform. Pop has been doing some great coaching. Manu has played mostly terrible, Parker hasn't been as consistent as he should, and Green had his worst game of the finals in game 6. Game 7 is on the players. The players know the scheme. They know the have to play hard. Coach pop has lead this team to game 7. The team needs to finish it.

Thanks for the input, Mrs. Popovich. jk, jk, lol.

z0sa
06-20-2013, 11:41 AM
Impossible to say until we see his rotations. Game 6 was a debacle and most coaches are graded on series results and the relative success of their adjustments, not individual playoff games.

That said, not every game is NBA Finals Game 7. We just gotta wait and see.

ironman2886
06-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the input, Mrs. Popovich. jk, jk, lol.
I honestly hate some lineups and decisions Pop makes. He isn't a perfect coach, but this is on the players to perform.

Fabbs
06-20-2013, 11:59 AM
I liked his Game 5 pregame speech.
I want some phsicality, toughness. Knock the stuffing out of them.

Similar to the Nasty.

tesseractive
06-20-2013, 12:12 PM
I wasn't too thrilled with some of Pop's decisions at the end of Game 6. But he's been in the news for the way he regrouped the Spurs taking them out to dinner immediately after the loss.
I thought that was Tim taking everybody out. Did I misread something?

If Pop did indeed succeed in refocusing the Spurs and they go on to win tonight will those be the two moments that basketball fans remember him for the most?
It's Game 7 of the NBA Finals on the road against a team that everyone favored and the world thinks is supposed to be legendary. If we win this, it will be remembered by the world at large as the climax of the entire Duncan-Pop-Big 3 era. Period.

SA210
06-20-2013, 12:27 PM
We will all be happy. Still doesn't excuse game 6 though.

ElNono
06-20-2013, 12:31 PM
i don't care tbh... just bring #5 home...

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Pop has done a fine job coaching in the post-season. Manu is the main reason we lost game 6. 8 turnovers alone can easily cost a basketball game.

Brazil
06-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Like I give a shit

chrhawk
06-20-2013, 12:59 PM
I thought that was Tim taking everybody out. Did I misread something?

It was a team dinner, I heard that Pop took his team out and reserved the back of the restaurant for his team. But if there is an article that says Duncan took them out, I'll edit the first part of my post I guess....

Seventyniner
06-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Let's say Parker had made that miracle shot at the end of regulation. Would game 6, then, have been Pop's best coaching moment of his career?

chrhawk
06-20-2013, 01:31 PM
Let's say Parker had made that miracle shot at the end of regulation.

Then Pop is helping plan the parade. And he wouldn't have to had to regroup his team emotionally after a crushing loss, which was the original premise of the thread.

41times
06-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Great Thread Question

I think that If the Spurs win a close game tonight it will be his best moment ever.
If they lose tonight it might make game 6 his worst?