PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Why does Chris Paul always get a pass, tbh?..

HarlemHeat37
06-20-2013, 11:57 AM
I've always said this, and the other day, I finally heard people in the media saying it for the first time(on the BS Report)..

Lebron, Howard, Carmelo, etc are all criticized for the method in which they've dictated their teams and chose their destinations..they've all been criticized for potentially playing a part in the firing of a coach..

All 3 of these guys have been roasted by the media at different points the past few years..

Why does Chris Paul get a pass?..

- He wanted out of New Orleans
- He dictated where he went
- He got Del Negro fired

From a basketball perspective, this is a guy that has never made it out of the 2nd round of the playoffs..in the biggest game of his career, he deferred to Jennaro Pargo, tbh..

Why doesn't anybody ever criticize him for anything, tbh?..

Trainwreck2100
06-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Pargo waswide fucking open and was hot that year

whitemamba
06-20-2013, 12:03 PM
he doesnt get a pass, that fish out of water flopping faggot is up there with lebron, melo, howard, williams...

StrengthAndHonor
06-20-2013, 12:16 PM
He gets a pass because Chris Paul has never had a great team. You can say the talent with the Clippers are good now, but in no way, shape or form they are contenders, With Chris, they went from a 32-50 team to 40-26 and 56-26, The amount of wins is substantial and this is all due to CP3's leadership and ability make everyone better. Its the same story in NOH. Melo's team in Denver was quite good, far batter than anything Paul had in Denver, matter of fact Denver was a solid team even after Melo left. Howard's situation in Orlando shares some similarity, but the problem with Dwight is he left a pretty good situation. SVG was almost the perfect coach for Dwight and Rich DeVos was willing to spend money to build around Howard, and that's a fact! CP3's situation in NOH was horrible, they were practically an expansion team. CP3 gets a pass for this year simply because DelNegro is a horrible coach that was severely outcoached in the 1st round. I hate to use the injury card but Blake was also not 100% which led to their demise. We already gave Lebron too much pass, so much to a point where most of y'all are willing to remove the Cavs-Spurs series from his shitty Finals resume :lol

mercos
06-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Chris Paul always gets a pass for the same reason some people still consider him the best point guard in the league: the media loves him. When they like you personally, you can get away with anything.

Clipper Nation
06-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Since when has he been given a pass? The media blamed him for Vinny's firing, the media and fans think he's a whiny flopping bitch, and damn near every commentator has ranked Westbrick, Rose, and Parker over CP3 as the best point guard in the league at one point or another, tbh..... the reason he gets less criticism then others isn't that he's protected, it's that he knows when to shut up and not make a spectacle of himself (unlike Bible Kemp for example), giving the media less ammo to criticize him with.....

Jacob1983
06-20-2013, 01:19 PM
He's a choker in the playoffs.

Rogue
06-20-2013, 07:17 PM
He never criticised bis coach in public. Coaches just got fired while he was playing on the teams coached by those coaches but I don't see no reason-result relation between CP and his coach getting fired tbh

Thebesteva
06-20-2013, 07:42 PM
I've always said this, and the other day, I finally heard people in the media saying it for the first time(on the BS Report)..

Lebron, Howard, Carmelo, etc are all criticized for the method in which they've dictated their teams and chose their destinations..they've all been criticized for potentially playing a part in the firing of a coach..

All 3 of these guys have been roasted by the media at different points the past few years..

- He got Del Negro fired

From a basketball perspective, this is a guy that has never made it out of the 2nd round of the playoffs..in the biggest game of his career, he deferred to Jennaro Pargo, tbh..

He's been viewed as such a loyal guy to the New Orleans franchise for some reason that people in the media give him a pass. I've also heard behind closed doors hes one of the most respectful dudes to the media.

I found out years ago, if you piss off journalists they target you.

StrengthAndHonor
06-20-2013, 07:47 PM
He's been viewed as such a loyal guy to the New Orleans franchise for some reason that people in the media give him a pass. I've also heard behind closed doors hes one of the most respectful dudes to the media.

I found out years ago, if you piss off journalists they target you.

+1 tbh.

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2013, 05:27 PM
:lol running the franchise, tbh..

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-23-2013, 05:37 PM
It's not just Chris Paul, it's the point guard bias in the media. In general point guards get a pass for selfish, narcissistic behavior.

Rajon Rondo gets a pass for being a stat whoring piece of shit
Steve Nash gets a pass for being a deadbeat dad, getting a coach fired for telling him to play defense, and a host of other things
Deron Williams gets a pass for being a coach killer
Derrick Rose gets a pass for countless things we don't need to go over :lol

It's the agenda to promote point guards as selfless, great teammates that are extremely important.

whitemamba
06-23-2013, 06:16 PM
:lol running the franchise, tbh..

goods tbh

rayjayjohnson
06-23-2013, 07:41 PM

- He got Del Negro fired

my boy Russillo was the one who pointed this out on that bummer Simmon's podcast.

fuck Chris Paul. He bitch made as fuck

Malik Hairston
05-11-2014, 02:35 PM
Simmons already giving Chris Paul another pass on the ABC pre-game show, tbh..

Blaming the controversy surrounding Sterling's wife and how it's too difficult for the Clippers to focus and compete right now:lmao..

RobbyH
05-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Another backdoor sweep to add to his resume..

sook
05-11-2014, 02:58 PM
I love how its never a question that TP is the best PG in the playoffs, but completely forgotten as the RS rolls around.

Arcadian
05-11-2014, 03:46 PM
Probably has something to do with his looks and personality. Women find him attractive, and he seems like a kool kat. People are unconsciously influenced by that stuff.

CitizenDwayne
05-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Probably has something to do with his looks and personality. Women find him attractive, and he seems like a kool kat. People are unconsciously influenced by that stuff.

You're projecting, nigga

Malik Hairston
05-11-2014, 03:50 PM
I don't think Chris Paul is considered attractive, is he really, tbh?:lol..nigga looks like a mouse..

He's not likeable at all, though..annoying on the court with constant flopping and complaining, and even dirty, too..

Killakobe81
05-11-2014, 03:55 PM
I love how its never a question that TP is the best PG in the playoffs, but completely forgotten as the RS rolls around.

True dat but when his own fans call him "Enrique" ...how can you blame media?

Killakobe81
05-11-2014, 03:59 PM
I don't think Chris Paul is considered attractive, is he really, tbh?:lol..nigga looks like a mouse..

He's not likeable at all, though..annoying on the court with constant flopping and complaining, and even dirty, too..

All true but some women find his eyes attractive.

He reminds me of Isiah in so many ways baby faced, dirty players, sneaky smiles. Great with media but wouldnt trust either with my wife they seem like the self serving backstabbing types ...

CitizenDwayne
05-11-2014, 04:01 PM
He reminds me of Isiah in so many ways baby faced, dirty players, sneaky smiles.

Agree totally

Arcadian
05-11-2014, 04:01 PM
He's not particularly hateable, either...I'm just completely indifferent about him. I imagine others feel the same.

baseline bum
05-11-2014, 04:09 PM

$20 million next year. I'll go out on a limb and say bitches find the nigga attractive.

DMC
05-11-2014, 05:19 PM
Simmons already giving Chris Paul another pass on the ABC pre-game show, tbh..

Blaming the controversy surrounding Sterling's wife and how it's too difficult for the Clippers to focus and compete right now:lmao..

It doesn't matter. When all the smoke clears in their careers, it will be written that Chris Paul was never able to get over that hump. It really doesn't matter what those who need to sell copy will write or say about him, they are paid shills for large corporations (like Allstate) that need people like Chris to remain on pedestals in order to continue bilking money from the sweat of the Negro male. That's all basketball is anyhow. No one would even forfeit a portion of their own salary to win a ring, why would the media then put its interest in championships instead of profits? They should not and they won't. That will guarantee you and me the freedom to watch monkeyball for years to come, and there will arise from the LA ashes a savior who's skin shall be tawny like the fur of the deer, and his name will be Blake, and he will be heralded by car commercials and this Chris Paul will be just as the Paul from Tarsus, misleading the world and changing what was once a beautiful thing into a shit filled fuck fest. He's basically going to undo everything the last 40 years of NBA basketball has done, by making winning no longer important.

ElNono
05-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Jalen Rose now sucking his cock on the post-game show...

Venti Quattro
05-14-2014, 12:25 AM
Not even the refs can be used for his choke.

Malik Hairston
05-14-2014, 12:31 AM
I dunno, the officiating will probably negate the blame Paul will receive, tbh..

DD
05-14-2014, 12:46 AM
:lolPG-led teams

sook
05-14-2014, 12:57 AM
he fucked up, officiating or not. Props to him for owning up to it though.

Venti Quattro
05-16-2014, 12:16 AM
Chris Fall and elimination games :lol :lol :lol