PDA

View Full Version : NBA: If the Spurs lose tonight...

Seventyniner
06-20-2013, 01:08 PM
...will it be the closest a team has ever gotten to a title without actually winning it? Considering there have only been three Finals game 7s in the last 20 years (not counting tonight), it would have to be the closest in the last two decades. Forgive my lack of NBA knowledge before that point.

Thebesteva
06-20-2013, 01:26 PM
...will it be the closest a team has ever gotten to a title without actually winning it? Considering there have only been three Finals game 7s in the last 20 years (not counting tonight), it would have to be the closest in the last two decades. Forgive my lack of NBA knowledge before that point.

Yes that would be it. I mean it would be a case where you had the trophy in your hands and all you had to do to win it was not fuck up in EPIC proportions. It makes me pissed to say that cuz I hate the Heat.

Sa_Spursfan20
06-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Lakers-Celtics 2010

midnightpulp
06-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Yep. 28 seconds away. 98.6 chance to win it at the point according to the percentages.

The Dallas Mavericks are probably in 2nd place with their '06 meltdown, when they blew a 13 point lead with 6 and half minutes to go in game 3, which if they won, would've basically won them the championship.

irishock
06-20-2013, 01:39 PM
02 Sac Kings were an airball away from a title, tbh.

midnightpulp
06-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Yes that would be it. I mean it would be a case where you had the trophy in your hands and all you had to do to win it was not fuck up in EPIC proportions. It makes me pissed to say that cuz I hate the Heat.

And the shitty thing here is the Spurs engineered one of the clutchest 4th quarter moments in Finals history to go up 5, aided of course by Miami's epic fuckups, which would've gone down in the annals of NBA history and pretty much killed Lebron's legacy for the moment.

One FT. One rebound away.