PDA

View Full Version : DeMarcus Cousins wants a maxed-out contract extension, and reportedly will demand a

ducks
06-20-2013, 03:10 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/demarcus-cousins-maxed-contract-extension-reportedly-ask-trade-173632731.html
manu for him!

Richie
06-20-2013, 03:12 PM
No thanks. Supreme talent but a cancer to any team. Petulant child in a mans body.

Seventyniner
I'd rather have Dwight Howard. And that's not saying a whole lot.

lefty
Ducks :lol

BRHornet45
06-20-2013, 03:32 PM
He needs (and deserves) a career ending injury. He is a terrible human being.

SenorSpur
06-20-2013, 03:48 PM
I'd rather have Dwight Howard. And that's not saying a whole lot.

I hate to say it, because I'm not a Dwight Howard fan, but I agree. I'd rather have Howard this this clown.

Horry Hipcheck
06-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Cousins and the Maloofs frequently competed with one another to see who could cause the most damage to the Kings franchise. He's an average player with the mind and heart of a child throwing a tantrum. Pass.

james evans
06-20-2013, 04:23 PM
people that are headcases normally reflect those around them. jackson never had problems in san antonio and sheed never had problems in detroit.

look_at_g_shred
06-20-2013, 04:28 PM
lol at this thread

Raven
06-20-2013, 04:30 PM
he's flat out retarded.

chrhawk
06-20-2013, 04:34 PM
Supremely talented player, but total moron.

http://youtu.be/QVW65gfX0yQ

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 04:35 PM
I would take Cousins in a heartbeat. Give me a new young big 3 of Cousins/Leonard/Green and that is sick as hell.

coyotes_geek
06-20-2013, 04:36 PM
keeping Splitter at less than max > maxing out Howard > setting yourself on fire >>>>> maxing out demarcus cousins

Phenomanul
06-20-2013, 04:59 PM
people that are headcases normally reflect those around them. jackson never had problems in san antonio and sheed never had problems in detroit.

mmmm.... IDK... something major got him "kicked off" of the team this year... more than the typical run-ol-the-mill complaint about lack of playing time...

benefactor
06-20-2013, 05:02 PM
:lol max contract

They need to let his ass walk. He won't get more than the MLE on the open market.

tesseractive
06-20-2013, 05:04 PM
:lol max contract

They need to let his ass walk. He won't get more than the MLE on the open market.
Somebody will be dumb enough to pay a lot more than that. Somebody always is.

Beaverfuzz
06-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Good luck getting that contract!

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 05:08 PM
He's gonna get a max contract easy. This kid is 22 and is gonna be a beast. All everyone brings up his where his head is at and that can be fixed. This kid's last game of the season he had 30+ and 20+ against the Clippers. Yeah...no one is gonna wanna give that guy a max deal...lmao. He's already averaging a double/double and his prime isnt for another 6-7 years down the road.

cd98
06-20-2013, 05:10 PM
I'd rather have Splitter, even after his game 4 performance.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 05:13 PM
I'd rather have Splitter, even after his game 4 performance.

Splitter is already 28 and declining right before our eyes. Yep....lets keep that dude over Demarcus Cousins.

tesseractive
06-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Spurs Dennis Rodman says hi.

Part of the reason that well-run franchises do better with headcases is that they carefully research them and try really hard to figure out which ones they think they can handle and which ones they can't.

It doesn't seem like Cousins is fundamentally invested in the concept of a team. Dwight Howard has done some boneheaded things and been incredibly selfish at times, but there have also been times when he was coachable, willing to learn, and willing to do what his team needed him to do. If I'm a GM desperate for a star with a good veteran team and quality coaching -- and I think Howard can recover medically -- I would definitely be willing to look hard at betting the franchise on Dwight Howard.

I would never, ever bet a franchise on Cousins, so I'd never give him anything close to max money.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Spurs Dennis Rodman says hi.

Part of the reason that well-run franchises do better with headcases is that they carefully research them and try really hard to figure out which ones they think they can handle and which ones they can't.

It doesn't seem like Cousins is fundamentally invested in the concept of a team. Dwight Howard has done some boneheaded things and been incredibly selfish at times, but there have also been times when he was coachable, willing to learn, and willing to do what his team needed him to do. If I'm a GM desperate for a star with a good veteran team and quality coaching -- and I think Howard can recover medically -- I would definitely be willing to look hard at betting the franchise on Dwight Howard.

I would never, ever bet a franchise on Cousins, so I'd never give him anything close to max money.

I was actually thinking about Rodman when this thread was made.

Also..we are talking about the Sacramento Kings here. they arent exactly known for properly handling and developing their players. Hell...they were trying to move the team right in the middle of the season this year...its no wonder Cousins as a 22 year old kid is confused under that leadership. He doesnt know whether he's coming or going right now. He's basically trying to force his way out of that mess in Sacramento. I would too.

tesseractive
06-20-2013, 05:18 PM
He's gonna get a max contract easy. This kid is 22 and is gonna be a beast. All everyone brings up his where his head is at and that can be fixed. This kid's last game of the season he had 30+ and 20+ against the Clippers. Yeah...no one is gonna wanna give that guy a max deal...lmao. He's already averaging a double/double and his prime isnt for another 6-7 years down the road.
Amare Stoudamire is on a max contract, too. Just because he can get won doesn't mean it's a good idea to give him one.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 05:22 PM
Amare Stoudamire is on a max contract, too. Just because he can get won doesn't mean it's a good idea to give him one.

Amare got a max deal coming off a season ending injury. The Knicks were stupid there. Amare cant seem to stay healthy anymore. Thats a whole different scenario. Its the same reason people are leary of DHoward. He'll get the max deal of course but there will always be that lingering question of when his back is gonna get injured again. Just look at Bynum too. It makes even more sense for Cousins to get a max deal with all these other guys hurt or recently coming off major injury at the center position.

tesseractive
06-20-2013, 05:23 PM
I was actually thinking about Rodman when this thread was made.

Also..we are talking about the Sacramento Kings here. they arent exactly known for properly handling and developing their players. Hell...they were trying to move the team right in the middle of the season this year...its no wonder Cousins as a 22 year old kid is confused under that leadership. He doesnt know whether he's coming or going right now. He's basically trying to force his way out of that mess in Sacramento. I would too.
It's possible you're right. And obviously, someone will place a bet based on that chance. The problem is that habits and attitudes get formed. Some guys spend their formative years learning that the NBA is all about looking for your stats first, slacking off and counting on the franchise to let it go because they need you more than you need them, and enjoying all the perks of being young and famous. A good situation later on can't always turn that around. After spending several years in one of the most broken franchises in the NBA, I'd be scared to bet on Cousins.

ducks
06-20-2013, 05:35 PM
I knew I could lighten the mood with this thread

spursnatic
06-20-2013, 05:42 PM
After Manu Ginob's performance tonight, you will be taking this thread down!!..GO SPURS GO!!!...

exstatic
06-20-2013, 06:32 PM

Miss that whole part about him being cut for being a disruption this year?

DJR210
06-20-2013, 06:47 PM
Max contract + Headcase = No Thanks

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Max contract + Headcase = No Thanks

14 mil/yr+ diminishing skills= No Thanks....but yet we gave it to Manu.

TXstbobcat
06-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Good luck getting that contract!

There will always be an idiot general manager and owner willing to overpay for an overrated player.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 07:01 PM
There will always be an idiot general manager and owner willing to overpay for an overrated player.

Agreed. Our highest paid player this year is Manu.

tesseractive
06-20-2013, 07:03 PM
That was a fair contract when it was signed, and the amount he was overpaid was more or less deferred salary from the front of the contract.

Remember: when he signed that contract, he was arguably our best player.

BoviceRunsTrains
06-20-2013, 07:04 PM
I've always been a fan of his game. He's got to mature eventually.... right?

dallasmaverickslose
06-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Ah, I don't want him. We can find somebody else without a massive ego.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 07:06 PM
That was a fair contract when it was signed, and the amount he was overpaid was more or less deferred salary from the front of the contract.

Remember: when he signed that contract, he was arguably our best player.

And that is where the challenge is. We paid Manu on hoping he could continue his performances. Its always a gamble....and I think Cousins is well worth the gamble...but when I see posters say he is a joke or Splitter is a better choice...thats just comical.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 07:11 PM
See here's whats funny..Cousins...even with his mental issues still had a 36 and 22 game against the Clippers on the last game of the season. Kid is only 22. Splitter on the other hand will never, ever have a 36 and 22 game... not to mention Splitter is hitting his prime at the age of 28. You could put 5 PG's out there and Splitter would not score 36 points on them and grab 22 boards...but posters here say they would rather stick with Splitter that plays like a 13 year old girl.

DJR210
06-20-2013, 07:12 PM
14 mil/yr+ diminishing skills= No Thanks....but yet we gave it to Manu.

Manu was not flat out terrible three years ago. He is also a good teammate, and has corporate knowledge. Apples and oranges.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Your a black guy aren't you?

I must be...I know when to use you're instead of your.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 07:13 PM
Manu was not flat out terrible three years ago.

And Cousins is great right now.

DJR210
06-20-2013, 07:16 PM

:lol "Great"

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 07:18 PM
:lol "Great"

Averaging the same as Duncan and DHoward this year...but at the age of 22...you tell me.

Baseline
06-20-2013, 07:19 PM
DeMarcus might strangle Pop. So sure, bring him in.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 07:21 PM
DeMarcus might strangle Pop. So sure, bring him in.

Thats true...so Matt Bonner is a better option.

exstatic
06-20-2013, 07:22 PM
I've always been a fan of his game. He's got to mature eventually.... right?

Nope. See: Jackson, Stephen.

joeSpurs
06-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Some owner might pay him this money. The guy could be making as much money as LeBron ... Some people just aren't serious.

exstatic
06-20-2013, 07:25 PM

No he's not. 17p/10r is not greatness by any standard. He's barely matching our 37 YO Center.

DJR210
06-20-2013, 07:26 PM
Averaging the same as Duncan and DHoward this year...but at the age of 22...you tell me.

Averaging 17 and 9 on a piss poor Kings squad in need of a star? Not bad numbers, but the baggage isnt worth it IMO. Franchise players who have established themselves demand max contracts, he's really fucking confused, and his agent sucks.

exstatic
06-20-2013, 07:27 PM
See here's whats funny..Cousins...even with his mental issues still had a 36 and 22 game against the Clippers on the last game of the season. Kid is only 22. Splitter on the other hand will never, ever have a 36 and 22 game... not to mention Splitter is hitting his prime at the age of 28. You could put 5 PG's out there and Splitter would not score 36 points on them and grab 22 boards...but posters here say they would rather stick with Splitter that plays like a 13 year old girl.

You'd make a pretty average NBA GM, some day, and that isn't a complement. You don't pay some guy based on statistical outliers.

DJR210
06-20-2013, 07:27 PM
No he's not. 17p/10r is not greatness by any standard. He's barely matching our 37 YO Center.

Don't give him credit for a double double, he's averaging 9 board and less than a block a game.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 07:28 PM

Youre kidding right? The guy is already averaging 17 and 10 at the age of 22 and only averaged playing 30 minutes a game. If he averages 35+ minutes a game...he is a 20 and 12 player right now.

InRareForm
06-20-2013, 07:29 PM
why is demarcus cousin a #2 topic 30 minutes before a game 7 of the NBA Finals? :lol

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Hey...dont worry my fellow Spurs fans...we wont get this "scrub"...we'll keep our elite Bonner and Splitter...so no worries.

benefactor
06-20-2013, 07:30 PM
why is demarcus cousin a #2 topic 30 minutes before a game 7 of the NBA Finals? :lol
Stuff like this can be a nice tension breaking distraction.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Stuff like this can be a nice tension breaking distraction.

Bingo. We are just discussing a different topic leading up to game 7.

exstatic
06-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Averaging 17 and 9 on a piss poor Kings squad in need of a star? Not bad numbers, but the baggage isnt worth it IMO. Franchise players who have established themselves demand max contracts, he's really fucking confused, and his agent sucks.
Actually, on a bad team he should be like 26/12. Not putting up big numbers on a bad team speaks of laziness, inefficiency, or both.

ducks
06-20-2013, 07:32 PM
with the other owners I would want out to

exstatic
06-20-2013, 07:32 PM
Don't give him credit for a double double, he's averaging 9 board and less than a block a game.

It was 9.9. I rounded. Sue me. :lol

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 07:34 PM
Actually, on a bad team he should be like 26/12. Not putting up big numbers on a bad team speaks of laziness, inefficiency, or both.

On a bad team? You mean like DHoward and the Lakers?...and Howard could still only average 17 and 12 and he is gonna get a max deal easily. I think everyone on the Lakers was injured and Howard should have averaged 25 and 15.

exstatic
06-20-2013, 07:34 PM
Youre kidding right? The guy is already averaging 17 and 10 at the age of 22 and only averaged playing 30 minutes a game. If he averages 35+ minutes a game...he is a 20 and 12 player right now.

So, why isn't he? Every NBA coach he's had has at least eventually hated his guts, and he's gotten two of them fired.

exstatic
06-20-2013, 07:36 PM
On a bad team? You mean like DHoward and the Lakers?...and Howard could still only average 17 and 12 and he is gonna get a max deal easily. I think everyone on the Lakers was injured and Howard should have averaged 25 and 15.

Howard HAS averaged 25/15. That's not a projection or wish, and he was injured this year, not to mention having to make due with Kobe's scraps. Oh, and if the LAL are bad, Sacto is abysmal.

DJR210
06-20-2013, 07:36 PM

That's my point. His numbers arent bad, but considering the team he's on they should be much better.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 07:37 PM
So, why isn't he? Every NBA coach he's had has at least eventually hated his guts, and he's gotten two of them fired.

Same reason Drummond isnt averaging 35+ a game right now...and by the way...Drummond is gonna be a beast too. They are young and they play for lottery franchises who dont know what to do with them. Both Drummond and Cousins should be at 35+minutes/gm easily.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 07:38 PM
That's my point. His numbers arent bad, but considering the team he's on they should be much better.

Once again...same deal...the thread says Cousins wants a max deal and people laughed but say Howard should get a max deal...when Howard played on a bad team and couldnt average much more.

DJR210
06-20-2013, 07:40 PM
LOL, I would never say Howard should get maxed, he's a primadonna faggot too tbh.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 07:42 PM
LOL, I would never say Howard should get maxed, he's a primadonna faggot too tbh.

Leave personality out of it. People also say LeBron is a primadonna.

DJR210
06-20-2013, 07:43 PM
Leave personality out of it. People also say LeBron is a primadonna.

There is a difference between crying to refs, and being a cancer to the team.

Chinook
06-20-2013, 07:45 PM
I'd be all on that if I were Houston. The Rockets need to gamble on another potential star. It worked out beautifully with Harden, and even though the risk is much great with Cousins, the reward is also higher.

Try to trade for Cousins without giving up Asik. If you have to, trade Asik for Cousins and try to sign a free-agent big NOT named Howard (so Splitter or Josh Smith). Then, they'll have the biggest boom-or-bust lineup in the league.

Lin/Beverly
Harden
Parsons
Cousins/Smith
Asik/Splitter/Cousins

Pretty intriguing.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 07:46 PM
I'd be all on that if I were Houston. The Rockets need to gamble on another potential star. It worked out beautifully with Harden, and even though the risk is much great with Cousins, the reward is also higher.

Try to trade for Cousins without giving up Asik. If you have to, trade Asik for Cousins and try to sign a free-agent big NOT named Howard (so Splitter or Josh Smith). Then, they'll have the biggest boom-or-bust lineup in the league.

Lin/Beverly
Harden
Parsons
Cousins/Smith
Asik/Splitter/Cousins

Pretty intriguing.

That is an awesome team. Asik and Cousins in the paint.

exstatic
06-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Once again...same deal...the thread says Cousins wants a max deal and people laughed but say Howard should get a max deal...when Howard played on a bad team and couldnt average much more.

Howard's done it, put up the big numbers. Cousins hasn't. This was one of his best seasons and one of Howard's worst. You're not helping your case for Cousins using that comparison.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Howard's done it, put up the big numbers. Cousins hasn't. This was one of his best seasons and one of Howard's worst. You're not helping your case for Cousins using that comparison.

Cousins is 22....LMAO. What part of that is hard to understand? Howard's 2nd season in the league...he averaged 15 and 12...Cousins averaged 18 and 11. LMAO

james evans
06-20-2013, 08:47 PM
Miss that whole part about him being cut for being a disruption this year?
no, he just was calling pop out on his bullshit. he had enough and other players should speak out about it too. his substitutions are shiity. when we win, he looks like a genius, when we lose, they look like what they are.

exstatic
06-20-2013, 08:56 PM
no, he just was calling pop out on his bullshit. he had enough and other players should speak out about it too. his substitutions are shiity. when we win, he looks like a genius, when we lose, they look like what they are.

What part of the word disruption are you failing to understand? You pretty much just describe one to a 'T'. Calling out the boss is never smart.

exstatic
06-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Cousins is 22....LMAO. What part of that is hard to understand? Howard's 2nd season in the league...he averaged 15 and 12...Cousins averaged 18 and 11. LMAO

Yeah, but Howard ALWAYS defended. Cousins is a dishrag on D.

james evans
06-20-2013, 09:01 PM
my bad, wrong thread haha

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Yeah, but Howard ALWAYS defended. Cousins is a dishrag on D.

And DHoward doesnt have an offensive game and is a d-bag.

exstatic
06-20-2013, 09:29 PM
And DHoward doesnt have an offensive game and is a d-bag.

He doesn't have a post game, but somehow he scores, and decently.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 09:29 PM
He doesn't have a post game, but somehow he scores, and decently.

Not as well as Cousins.

dbreiden83080
06-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Yeah a team that went 28-54 should be giving one of their own a max contract..

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Yeah a team that went 28-54 should be giving one of their own a max contract..

LMAO...worse argument of all time. So every player that has a bad record in pro sprts should not be looked at as a great player? Troy Aikman went 1-15 in his first year...he sucked so bad he won 3 Super Bowls.

dbreiden83080
06-20-2013, 09:35 PM
LMAO...worse argument of all time. So every player that has a bad record in pro sprts should not be looked at as a great player? Troy Aikman went 1-15 in his first year...he sucked so bad he won 3 Super Bowls.

You think he is a max money guy???

Whoa....

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 09:37 PM
You think he is a max money guy???

Whoa....

You dont?

LMAO

dbreiden83080
06-20-2013, 09:38 PM
You dont?

LMAO

He put 19 a game on a team that won 28 games..

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 09:41 PM
I'm done with this thread until after the game. I'm trying to watch my Spurs.

imjunsul
06-21-2013, 12:02 AM
bump

Beaverfuzz
06-21-2013, 06:17 PM

And now he's not, same boat as Cousins.

TheGoldStandard
06-21-2013, 06:36 PM
I'd take Cousins in a second, the guy needs someone who has experience to teach him and a franchise that has skins on the wall to settle him down. It's hard to get someone's attention when you have shitty players around you, no skins on the wall and bad coaching.. Tyreke Evans wants out too. I'd take him, teach him, Pop would coddle him and he'd perform.

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 06:39 PM
keeping Splitter at less than max > maxing out Howard > setting yourself on fire >>>>> maxing out demarcus cousins

Lol

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 06:41 PM
You have a better chance of seeing Vlade Divac come out of retirement to play for the Spurs then you do seeing Demarcus Cousins in a Spurs uniform..