PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Tim Duncan's Last Game Proved He Was A Better Player Than Shaq

Koolaid_Man
06-20-2013, 05:03 PM
Listen..I've always maintained there's a pretty big difference between best player and most dominant player. Shaq was unstoppable the most dominant player ever at the center position...but Tim Duncan is / was simply a better basketball player...same thing with Kobe and Lebron...Lebron has the physical dominance over Kobe but Kobe is / was just hands down simply a better basketball player.

Shaq was virtually ineffective 5 ft or more out from the basket..whereas Duncan showed last game in flashes just how good he was in his prime...he had a jumper for a bigman and he was money off the glass...Shaq was nothing if he wasn't 2 ft from the basket...Shaq was also Lazy on defense...Duncan played great defense...if anyone can repeat that performance it's Duncan ...while he scored a ton of points last game he didn't have to work hard for them...he's literally playing against one of the biggest pussies we've ever seen in Bosh...and Duncan is salivating at the Bosh assignment.

I'm hoping tonight is tantamount to the Obama election in 2008...a complete fucking total shock to the world....I want to see Lebron fail so bad I can fucking taste it!!!! Not because I hate Lebron but because I hate the media that wants to crown him the best ever...I want them to go suck a phat dick tonight!!!

Killakobe81
06-20-2013, 05:27 PM
Been saying the same since 1999 ...Duncan best big since Kareem. Prime Hakeem was better , Shaq more dominantbut for a career I only take Kareem over Tim. LeBron is a beast and more skilled than Shaq but He dies have some ugly to his game.

D-Wade
06-20-2013, 05:34 PM
I think that's a fair comparison. I remember those Shaq-era Lakers. Those games were brutal. I was a Kings fan back then cuz I liked C-Webb and Bibby but the way Shaq used to slow down the game with his banging and hack-a-shaq was brutal. He "dominated" the game sure but I hated it. It was the opposite of the "skill" and "finesse" game that the Kings were running. And on Tuesday, Lebron's game was pretty much like that. Bad through the first 3 Qs and then he turned it up. But it was pure physicality, for better or worse. He put his head down and sometimes made the Spurs look stupid... and sometimes made himself look stupid (like with those 2 TOs in the final minute).

Koolaid_Man
06-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Been saying the same since 1999 ...Duncan best big since Kareem. Prime Hakeem was better , Shaq more dominantbut for a career I only take Kareem over Tim. LeBron is a beast and more skilled than Shaq but He dies have some ugly to his game.

:lol you're crazy..Hakeem would have murdered Duncan..it's not even a fair comparison

Killakobe81
06-20-2013, 06:59 PM
:lol you're crazy..Hakeem would have murdered Duncan..it's not even a fair comparison

What?! I said prime Hakeem was better ...

Arcadian
06-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Tim Duncan is / was simply a better basketball player...

Agreed.

same thing with Kobe and Lebron...Lebron has the physical dominance over Kobe but Kobe is / was just hands down simply a better basketball player.

:lol Nah, I can't let you get away with that. It's not the same thing at all. Lebron is arguably more skilled and more physically dominant.

Koolaid_Man
06-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Agreed.

:lol Nah, I can't let you get away with that. It's not the same thing at all. Lebron is arguably more skilled and more physically dominant.

:lmao put the crack pipe down lil homie....you're straight outta your fuckin mind

AussieFanKurt
06-20-2013, 07:13 PM
Shaq could have been the best if he cared more

Koolaid_Man
06-20-2013, 07:13 PM
What?! I said prime Hakeem was better ...

prime Hakeem was better then Prime Duncan agreed...but then again that's all that matters.

AussieFanKurt
06-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Lebron is not more skilled but his physical dominance offsets that

Koolaid_Man
06-20-2013, 07:14 PM

disagree..don't think Shaq would have ever had Duncan's skillset no matter how much he cared...he was too big and dominant which in my book automatically means a lower skill level

AchillesHeel
06-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Agreed.

Seriously? who's troll is this?

irishock
06-20-2013, 07:32 PM
Duncan has nothing to lose.

Horse
06-20-2013, 07:35 PM
You're crazy, he was great and super great for those two years. But outside of them David owned him look at the records. So I'm pretty Timmy would have been just fine.

Killakobe81
06-20-2013, 09:02 PM

I agree

Killakobe81
06-20-2013, 09:03 PM
Hakeem was great more than just 2 years