PDA

View Full Version : This could be the end of it all...

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 06:31 PM
and what a better way to go out than a game 7 in the NBA Finals on the road against the proclaimed best basketball player on the planet. And by end of it all...I mean Duncan just might retire after a series like this..especially with the impending divorce and custody of his kids in the balance...and if he goes...we all know...Popovich goes. And I believe Manu would go as well. So enjoy the game tonight because the Spurs could look way different next year. Win or lose...its been a fun ride and...and I would have it no other way than for these guys to go out with guns blazin'...fightin for their lifes in the last game of the 2013 season for all the marbles.

41times
06-20-2013, 07:04 PM
As crazy as it may sound it could be the end of this Spurs Era.
If they win will Timmy retire. Will Manu be back if he is deemed to old/tired/slow?

But no matter Tony will be there and the young guns will be there.
Enjoy this game for all the right reasons Spurs Fans

dallasmaverickslose
06-20-2013, 07:06 PM
I. Love. This. Team.

celldweller
06-20-2013, 07:07 PM
What an AWESOME ride!!!!!!!!

Nathan89
06-20-2013, 07:10 PM
If the Spurs win the group will comeback next year with a couple new pieces. If they lose the devastation could send Duncan into retirement and Manu should then be sent with him.

slick'81
06-20-2013, 07:12 PM
It could be the end of the trios and the championship era '99-13

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-20-2013, 07:13 PM
I agree. But then again...........similar things were said in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012, weren't they?

But I would indeed have a hard time picturing a 2014 Spurs team even making it as far in the Finals as this team has.

spursfan09
06-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Damn I might cry

dg7md
06-20-2013, 07:39 PM
We'll always find a way to compete and contend, man. Look at the bright side. We are the best franchise in all the 4 major sports.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 07:41 PM
We'll always find a way to compete and contend, man. Look at the bright side. We are the best franchise in all the 4 major sports.

I am, man. I say I want Cousins so we can pair him up with Leonard and Green...and make a new Big 3. But some posters want Splitter and Bonner. That aint gonna get it done.

TimmyDuncan21
06-20-2013, 07:41 PM
What an AWESOME ride!!!!!!!!

This

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-20-2013, 07:43 PM
Tim still loves playing the game so I don't see him retiring whatever happens. Manu might though.

Certainly we're very close to the end of an era, but it's gone 3 years longer than I figured it would, so no complaints, only great (and a few terrible) memories.

What a journey! sums it up for me.

TrainOfThought5
06-20-2013, 07:43 PM
I am, man. I say I want Cousins so we can pair him up with Leonard and Green...and make a new Big 3. But some posters want Splitter and Bonner. That aint gonna get it done.

This.

dg7md
06-20-2013, 07:44 PM

Our front office will do what it takes to continue to be relevant in the league, so I'm definitely not going to think our guys won't be back next year in title-winning potential.

:king

Splitter will be gone if he fucks this up bad, and Bonner is never gonna be that relevant anymore imo

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-20-2013, 07:46 PM
This.

Cousins is a fuckin joke - a talented headcase who will waste what he has. He couldn't handle the discipline or self-sacrifice of the Spurs' culture.

I don't want him anywhere near the Spurs, and I'm pretty sure there's no way he's coming here, so you can give up on that crack dream. :rolleyes

If you honestly think DMC is the next Spurs era you don't understand our team or our culture at all. :nope

Sa_Spursfan20
06-20-2013, 07:46 PM
If this is indeed the end, well then hell...it was a fun ride.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 07:47 PM
If this is indeed the end, well then hell...it was a fun ride.

+1000

TrainOfThought5
06-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Cousins is a fuckin joke - a talented headcase who will waste what he has. He couldn't handle the discipline or self-sacrifice of the Spurs' culture.

I don't want him anywhere near the Spurs, and I'm pretty sure there's no way he's coming here, so you can give up on that crack dream. :rolleyes

If you honestly think DMC is the next Spurs era you don't understand our team or our culture at all. :nope

LMAO OH GOD NO!!!
I wasnt agreeing to that. i was agreeing that splitter and Bonner arent gonna get it done after Duncan retires.