PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Popovich..

HarlemHeat37
06-20-2013, 10:25 PM
This was the worst game Pop has ever coached, tbh..

- Relying on Gary Neal all game when he was absolutely horrendous

- No Boris Diaw after he looked great and sparked the Spurs run

- Continuing to ignore running plays for Duncan in the post

- Continuing to ignore Leonard when Parker is covered by Lebron

- Running Green and Neal together for the 4th

Jack Hould
06-20-2013, 10:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J2QdDbelmY

exstatic
06-20-2013, 10:27 PM
What? You couldn't find one of the fifteen other "Fuck Pop" threads? :lol Really?

objective
06-20-2013, 10:27 PM
Pop is coaching a great game, tbh. It's just a team loss.

HemisfairArena
06-20-2013, 10:28 PM

Pop getting exposed more than any other time in his tenure. When he sat Duncan at the end of game 6...he was in trouble. Now its really gonna pile on.

BatManu20
06-20-2013, 10:30 PM
TWICE. Fuck you Pop. Seriously.

IronMexican
06-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Harlem, thought you would be pulling for the Heat this series.

james evans
06-20-2013, 10:46 PM
this game was over before it started. we never had a chance. they figured us out

HarlemHeat37
06-20-2013, 10:50 PM
this game was over before it started. we never had a chance. they figured us out

Shut the fuck up and go kill yourself, tbh..

I hope your sister gets raped by Chris Anderson, tbh..

dunkman
06-20-2013, 10:53 PM
The Heat played slightly better in game 7 they deserved to win, but the Spurs blew the chance to win it all in game 6 tbh.

dbreiden83080
06-20-2013, 10:56 PM

I seriously don't have it in me for blaming Pop for game 7 also.. I can't take that after game 6.. Lets just say he didn't look too upset they lost and inside he better know he blew it badly..

concan1
06-20-2013, 10:58 PM
Spurs lost the series in game 6. They never had a chance tonight they were spent. Pop lost the series in game 6 when he took Duncan out of the game, that game lost the series not tonight. Anyone who does not understand that go f### yourselves!!!

NCaliSpurs
06-20-2013, 10:59 PM

I agree having Neal out there for so long made no sense. Still can't figure out why Diaw sat after making a couple of strong plays.

Horse
06-20-2013, 11:02 PM

That's some stupid ass shit. We were in it till the end and we lost cause of flukey ass shooting. I will never say the better team won this series especially with the way game 6 went.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-20-2013, 11:02 PM
pop fucked us in game 6 and in game 7.... dont know why diaw didnt play more...fuck out thought himself once again

boutons_deux
06-20-2013, 11:03 PM
The Heat played slightly better in game 7 they deserved to win, but the Spurs blew the chance to win it all in game 6 tbh.

go looks at the stats.

Spurs just couldn't score, but won or tied nearly everything else.

concan1
06-20-2013, 11:04 PM
People understand series was lost in game 6 not tonight!!!

hommeaetage
06-20-2013, 11:04 PM
Maybe people were right when they said Pop has gone senile. I can't believe a guy who won 4 championships has no clue how to make obvious in-game adjustments when one guy is playing well, and another isn't

Trill Clinton
06-20-2013, 11:05 PM
pops slippery slope started when he cut stephen jackson.

Capt Bringdown
06-20-2013, 11:06 PM
Pop thought his coaching moves and cutesy tinkerings were better than a Hall-of-famer, top 10 NBA legend, one of the best of all time players. Can you imagine any other coach benching Duncan at that point in game 6?
Pop's self-regard and ego is off the charts, despite the fake banter about humility.
I'll never forgive him for it.

BackHome
06-20-2013, 11:06 PM
Pop looked like he was getting a hard on when he was rubbing up on Lebron and Wade...:(

SA210
06-20-2013, 11:09 PM
All on Pop, gave away Tim's 5th in game 6, and then coached a horrendous game 7.

:lol Neal
:lol no Diaw
:lol Parker won't pass
:lol popsuckers

Spurs Brazil
06-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Pop had some bad decisions but at the end of the day it's a players game and we had a bunch of them with horrible games

LakerLanny
06-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Popovich's Game 6 coaching performance was maybe the worst coaching job of all time.

What an overrated hump, if Tom Thibodeaux was your coach (or even say Brian Shaw) you are getting ready for a parade.

No coach ever has done less with more than Pop.

TD 21
06-20-2013, 11:16 PM
I couldn't believe how much rest he gave Parker in the 2nd half. I know he provided nothing, but still. They were down to two and a half guys who were playing well, he's supposed to be their best offensive player and they had very little ball handling/play making on the floor. To go 5 minutes of game time without him was insane. And then to rest Ginobili for a second time in the half, with the game in the balance and him playing well at the time. Unbelievable.

Quite clearly, they weren't winning this game no matter what he did, but still. And then to top it off he's got the disingenuous smile on at the end as he hugs (and kisses, in the case of Wade) James and Wade. Disgusting performance all the way around.

LakerLanny
06-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Pop thought his coaching moves and cutesy tinkerings were better than a Hall-of-famer, top 10 NBA legend, one of the best of all time players. Can you imagine any other coach benching Duncan at that point in game 6?
Pop's self-regard and ego is off the charts, despite the fake banter about humility.

Exactly. Can you imagine the Heat removing LeBron and Wade from the game up 5 in the last 20 seconds with a chance to win the title?

Not just bad coaching, obviously a guy who has read way too many of his own press clippings and has lost all perspective. Impossible to do worse than what he did in Game 6, absolutely impossible.

06-20-2013, 11:17 PM
HarlemHeat just getting his jabs in before he's gone until 2014.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2013, 11:18 PM
Without Greg Popovich we're not in this situation. Seriously, stop.

Johnny RIngo
06-20-2013, 11:19 PM
Not surprised. This is the same guy that was outcoached by Avery fucking Johnson with prime Duncan putting up beast numbers in that playoff series. If Pop can lose to an inferior Mav team, it's not surprising he loses to a superior 66 win Heat team.

th3answ3r
06-20-2013, 11:20 PM
green/neal on the court was so stupid. I dont know why diaw was not in there

LakerLanny
06-20-2013, 11:20 PM
The media likes Pop so he is getting a free pass despite the fact that it is obvious to anyone who knows anything about basketball that he literally cost your team a championship. All he has to do is just not overcoach and you are having a parade, he made at least 10 decisions in Game 6 that were so bad that you have to think either he is completely clueless or possibly bet against your team.

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2013, 11:21 PM

:tu

Hear, hear.

LakerLanny
Now Dude is doing an embarrassing press conference. What a tool.

Johnny RIngo
Exactly. Can you imagine the Heat removing LeBron and Wade from the game up 5 in the last 20 seconds with a chance to win the title?

Not just bad coaching, obviously a guy who has read way too many of his own press clippings and has lost all perspective. Impossible to do worse than what he did in Game 6, absolutely impossible.

Pop lost the plot in '06. Hell, he never should have had as much trouble as he did with the '07 Suns team. D'Antoni giving him fits :lol No wonder's he's Phil Jackson's bitch.

boutons_deux
06-20-2013, 11:22 PM
Neal 26 minutes, gave nothing vs Boris 13.

Pop is just weird.

2centsworth
06-20-2013, 11:23 PM
Popovich's Game 6 coaching performance was maybe the worst coaching job of all time.

What an overrated hump, if Tom Thibodeaux was your coach (or even say Brian Shaw) you are getting ready for a parade.

No coach ever has done less with more than Pop.

this

Capt Bringdown
06-20-2013, 11:24 PM
Hard to imagine a middle-school coach making that kind of error.
You're right, some of the worst, if not THE worst coaching in NBA finals history.

HI-FI
06-20-2013, 11:25 PM
this. it's like fake modesty. him and Manu have cost us a couple rings. I almost want Timmy to go to Miami at this point to get a ring, i'm so pissed at Pop and Manu. man I need a joint at the moment.

HarlemHeat37
13 minutes for Diaw:lmao

Pop's elated look when congratulating Lebron and Wade was fucking disgusting..

LakerLanny
Pop just isn't a very good coach. He just happened to luck into a miracle pick (Duncan) to an already good roster.

He is probably the most overrated coach in NBA history.

InK
06-20-2013, 11:26 PM

I don't think anyone is arguing the that Pop is amazing at pre-game preparations, adjustments and that he is the main reason behind player development. But his ingame decisions have been disastrous on more then on one occasion. And in game 6 they were on full display. Most of the fans will remember this year as the year when Pop lost the series with his puzzling decisions in the 4th quarter of game 6.

Capt Bringdown
06-20-2013, 11:28 PM

Heartbreaking. Profoundly stupid coaching.

2centsworth
06-20-2013, 11:28 PM

Pop shitted his pants. Proud of all our players.

crc21209
06-20-2013, 11:29 PM

13 minutes? What the fuck? That is inexcuseable. Diaw shouldve been out there the entire 4th...

Johnny RIngo
Pop just isn't a very good coach. He just happened to luck into a miracle pick (Duncan) to an already good roster.

He is probably the most overrated coach in NBA history.

Pop does a lot of things right though. But his negatives(overcoaching and falling apart under pressure) will always keep him out of that top tier echelon of coaches. He's closer to Rick Carlisle than he is to Phil Jackson/Pat Riley.

mexicanjunior

Fuck Pop...hope his wine cellar explodes. He cost Timmy his last chance at a ring and should be fired.

TampaDude

:toast Exactly! Do you all seriously think the Spurs would have 16 consecutive playoff appearances, 5 Western Conference Championships, and 4 NBA Championships without Pop?

sammy
06-20-2013, 11:30 PM
All on Pop, gave away Tim's 5th in game 6, and then coached a horrendous game 7.

Agreed! Thanks a lot Pop! This loss is on you!

siraulo23
06-20-2013, 11:31 PM

I cant figure it out, kawhi posted miller successfully but they wont go to him when chalmers is defending kawhi

and boris diaw, i have no f idea why he didnnt play more througout the series

freetiago
Someone asked him why Parker was on the bench
"it was my decision" :pop:

"care to elaborate"
"no":pop:

hope he gets burned in the media
gets more arrogant every year and people just laugh it off like its funny

HarlemHeat37
13 minutes:lmao..

26 for that rapist:lmao..

2centsworth
:toast Exactly! Do you all seriously think the Spurs would have 16 consecutive playoff appearances, 5 Western Conference Championships, and 4 NBA Championships without Pop?

Not so hard when you consistently have 3 to 5 HOF on the roster.

UZER

So! He gets to dodge all criticism just because without him we wouldn't be there? That's high school stuff.

This is a big boy game. You don't run fucked up lineups out there in game six, play Manu despite his turnovers resulting in heat points over and over for two games, sit diaw the most of the 4th in game 6, never bring him back in game 7 after he sparked your run, ride with a Danny green that is obviously folding in game 7 for the entire game (he was the Manu of game 6), not develop a back up pt guard all year, run a point guard driven system that you yourself have beaten over and over in the playoffs, and escape all criticism just because your rested guys here and there during the season.

dallasmaverickslose

This is such a stupid thread. The OP is a complete moron.

HI-FI
06-20-2013, 11:32 PM

lol, for real. I figured you would give them that look since you love Lebron, but not the coach of the opposing team. I seriously got sick to my stomach at that point.

Borosai
Look, Pop is a very good coach. But he fucked up in game 6. You simply don't take Duncan out of the game at that point. Just tried to be too smart for his own good.

stephen jackson
hes gone senile. classic symptoms

imjunsul
06-20-2013, 11:33 PM
i really really couldnt understand why boris didnt play late in the game.. offense was so much better with him

objective
06-20-2013, 11:34 PM
there's very little that a coach can control during a game. He can't control whether a free throw is good. Or if a shot goes down. Or if a player makes a bad decision and turns the ball over. Or if the play is even run, because it's at the whim of the players. Or what calls the refs make. He can't control Neal leaving shooters non-stop, because that's what Neal does.

But the one thing a coach controls IS who is on the court.

He is responsible for that.

The on-court action he has absolute control over is where the critique of Pop is entirely justified.

InK
this. it's like fake modesty. him and Manu have cost us a couple rings. I almost want Timmy to go to Miami at this point to get a ring, i'm so pissed at Pop and Manu. man I need a joint at the moment.

Eh Manu just doesn't have it this year/maybe never again. Can't blame a player like Manu, who always played his heart out for this franchise. U have to put the players in a situation where they can succeed, and the game plan for him was bad from the get go. Saying that some of his turnovers were inexcusable.

james evans
Shut the fuck up and go kill yourself, tbh..

I hope your sister gets raped by Chris Anderson, tbh..
don't have a sister. so go fuk your mother u bitch azz faggot

2centsworth
06-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Coach Spoelstra took Pop to school by benching arguably his best 3pt shooter in Mike Miller for Bosh and the offensive rebound.

jag
06-20-2013, 11:37 PM
LakerLanny going full fucking retard in this thread

siraulo23
still playing neal even though he's allergic to sticking to shooters :lol

but seriously spurs had this championship, kawhi/manu missed their FTs, it shouldnt have come down to this

2centsworth
Eh Manu just doesn't have it this year/maybe never again. Can't blame a player like Manu, who always played his heart out for this franchise. U have to put the players in a situation where they can succeed, and the game plan for him was bad from the get go. Saying that some of his turnovers were inexcusable.

They all get old.

Dverde
06-20-2013, 11:38 PM
I think Cory Joseph should have gotten some of the Neal minutes. Didn't have a huge problem with Pop's job this game. I was surprised to not see more Parker jumpers. Parker and Danny Green were bad. I think Parker had little left in the tank, and I don't blame him. Glad to see the team showed up and played well enough to win.

mancun20
06-20-2013, 11:38 PM
letting the heat get open three after open three, backing off shooters letting them get a rhythm dribble doomed the spurs, popovich's plan backfired he should have made the adjustment...battier and lebron wide open all game

coyotes_geek
06-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Stupid thread. Spurs lost because Parker and Green went a combined 4-24. And Diaw didn't do squat tonight. 13 minutes, -18. Him being out there clearly wasn't working tonight.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2013, 11:41 PM
So! He gets to dodge all criticism just because without him we wouldn't be there? That's high school stuff.

This is a big boy game. You don't run fucked up lineups out there in game six, play Manu despite his turnovers resulting in heat points over and over for two games, sit diaw the most of the 4th in game 6, never bring him back in game 7 after he sparked your run, ride with a Danny green that is obviously folding in game 7 for the entire game (he was the Manu of game 6), not develop a back up pt guard all year, run a point guard driven system that you yourself have beaten over and over in the playoffs, and escape all criticism just because your rested guys here and there during the season.

Saying "fuck pop" is NOT criticism. Its vitriol. Criticize his decisions but spoiled Spurs "fans" who feel entitled spilling hate is bullshit.

2centsworth
06-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Why I was so freakin angry and disappointed after game 6. Pop screwed this team that gave everything they had. Thank goodness Spurstalk is here to vent.

Johnny RIngo
06-20-2013, 11:42 PM

If Manu had his heart in the team, he wouldn't have wasted his time in the bullshit FIBA tournament in the summer and rested like Duncan.

HI-FI
06-20-2013, 11:44 PM
If Manu had his heart in the team, he wouldn't have wasted his time in the bullshit FIBA tournament in the summer and rested like Duncan.

$14 million for leftovers. Pop should never have played him as much, not when he's dribbling like a drunk all series.

2centsworth
06-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Saying "fuck pop" is NOT criticism. Its vitriol. Criticize his decisions but spoiled Spurs "fans" who feel entitled spilling hate is bullshit.

F Pop and the high horse he rode in on. The players had this series won and that arrogant SOB stole it from them. Spoelstra taking advantage and benching a 3pt shooter in favor of a rebounder is a bitch slap.

HarlemHeat37
06-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Stupid thread. Spurs lost because Parker and Green went a combined 4-24. And Diaw didn't do squat tonight. 13 minutes, -18. Him being out there clearly wasn't working tonight.

Spurs were +1 during Diaw's last stint and they took the lead after the game was looking grim, tbh..

They were getting great looks and Diaw was able to get Duncan the ball..the Spurs had all the momentum with the Diaw-Duncan lineup to end the 3rd..

Neal was absolutely atrocious all game..one his 2 makes was a bank heave..he kept leaving shooters wide open from 3..

MannyIsGod
06-20-2013, 11:48 PM
F Pop and the high horse he rode in on. The players had this series won and that arrogant SOB stole it from them. Spoelstra taking advantage and benching a 3pt shooter in favor of a rebounder is a bitch slap.

I expect better for you man.

texmich
06-20-2013, 11:49 PM
http://thehomesteadingboards.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/x1nv5-the-rock-clapping.gif

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2013, 11:50 PM
Old ass Spurs push the media's darling to elimination twice. Fuck you.

2centsworth
06-20-2013, 11:51 PM
I expect better for you man.

bro, I am a Spurs Homer to the nth degree, but I can't stand arrogance. I'm forgiving by nature, but gonna take me time to forgive someone who shows no contrition. Devastated knowing the players did enough to win, but our coach went Bill Buckner. Again, would be easier to forgive if he wasn't such a prick.

Nathan89
06-20-2013, 11:52 PM
Pop not preparing the team to play with Kawhi as the third option was another preparation failing as a coach. Just as he didn't prepare the team to play with Splitter next to Duncan in 2011 and decided to play Splitter next to Duncan after the Grizz bigs were eating our lunch for a couple of games. Does he have any fucking foresight?

Wish coach Bud was taking over.

nickbroken
06-20-2013, 11:52 PM
Yeah fuck Pop and the 4 championships he helped bring us? Spurs fans are some of the biggest frontrunners I have ever seen. All you harping on the team make me sick, it hurts but they gave it their all.

Johnny RIngo
06-20-2013, 11:54 PM
Yeah fuck Pop and the 4 championships he helped bring us? Spurs fans are some of the biggest frontrunners I have ever seen. All you harping on the team make me sick, it hurts but they gave it their all.

We probably have six if Phil Jackson coached the Spurs from '98 onwards.

2centsworth
06-20-2013, 11:55 PM

yeah, David Robinson, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobilli, Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry, Sean Elliott, and the plethora of ballers had nothing to do with it.

coyotes_geek
06-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Spurs were +1 during Diaw's last stint and they took the lead after the game was looking grim, tbh..

They were getting great looks and Diaw was able to get Duncan the ball..the Spurs had all the momentum with the Diaw-Duncan lineup to end the 3rd..

Neal was absolutely atrocious all game..one his 2 makes was a bank heave..he kept leaving shooters wide open from 3..

Lebron shot 5 for 8 and scored 15 points when Diaw was in the game. 6 of Miami's 11 three pointers came while Diaw was in the game. It wasn't working.

Agree that Neal sucked, but so did Tony and Green and the Heat were lighting the Spurs up when Diaw was in the game. So what was Pop supposed to do?

Also, the Spurs were -5 during Diaw's last stint, not +1. Entered at Q3 5:07 with the Spurs up 57-56, left at Q4 11:26, Spurs down 71-75.

Nathan89
06-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Let's post up Kawhi on Miller and get a successful outcome. Then we can not go back to that for the rest of the game.

Let's watch Kawhi take whoever(even lebron) is guarding him off the dribble but let it be a rarity for him to get the ball. He rather Neal, Green, and Gino do some stupid shit with the ball.

InK
06-20-2013, 11:58 PM

We all upset, but spitting out random bullshit won't make any better. Saying Manu hasn't always left everything on the basketball court is just silly. Your better or arguing that he tries to do much to help the team, and in the process hurts it. That he doesn't realize the boundaries of his abilities, and that he makes stupid plays based on that...But questioning his heart, cmon now...

poeticism707
06-21-2013, 12:00 AM
Fire Pop, that front running loser. Diaw should have played THE ENTIRE fourth, he stretches the floor, he the Spurs best passer BY FAR, and he can defend LeBron. Giving away games 6 and 7 is THE ULTIMATE CHOKE JOB BY POP.

InK
06-21-2013, 12:01 AM
bro, I am a Spurs Homer to the nth degree, but I can't stand arrogance. I'm forgiving by nature, but gonna take me time to forgive someone who shows no contrition. Devastated knowing the players did enough to win, but our coach went Bill Buckner. Again, would be easier to forgive if he wasn't such a prick.

I kinda agree with that sentiment.

The Whopper
06-21-2013, 12:06 AM
I dont blame Pop. Our only hope was to hope for the top team to miss open shots. It worked for a while. Didn't tonight. We lose. And life goes on.

2centsworth
06-21-2013, 12:09 AM
I dont blame Pop. Our only hope was to hope for the top team to miss open shots. It worked for a while. Didn't tonight. We lose. And life goes on.

tonight was inevitable.

HI-FI
06-21-2013, 12:11 AM
no need to apologize to anyone. you're bringing up good points.

UZER
06-21-2013, 12:14 AM

This. He makes it hard to forgive him because he is so arrogant. He is a dick to the media to keep them arms length away so they are afraid to question any of his highly questionable moves. The SA media is scared shitless of him. He shit the bed, and deserves to be called out for it.

fresnodog
06-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Pop needs to really be fired. Game 6 sitting Duncan Parker at crucial time. And manu is FINISHED PLEASE RETIRE

Poolboy5623
06-21-2013, 12:25 AM
I'd like to think the spurs would have gotten the board with Timmy in there, at the end of game 6..but there's no guarantee..he was out there tonight when the heat had that frustrating sequence of 5-6 offensive rebounds before scoring..as much as it all sucks it really came down to a couple of free throws and a tough corner three. So much had to go wrong for the spurs and so much had to go right for Miami, in less than 30 secs..and it did. But yeah, in that situation td deserved to be on the floor. No question.

2centsworth
06-21-2013, 12:26 AM
F U POP!!! I know after yelling this enough times I'm gonna feel better.

BackHome
06-21-2013, 12:36 AM
Pop not preparing the team to play with Kawhi as the third option was another preparation failing as a coach. Just as he didn't prepare the team to play with Splitter next to Duncan in 2011 and decided to play Splitter next to Duncan after the Grizz bigs were eating our lunch for a couple of games. Does he have any fucking foresight?

Wish coach Bud was taking over.

Also waiting till the end of the season to figure out who will be your backup PG and not even playing him fucking epic........

rmt
06-21-2013, 12:50 AM
Pop is too inflexible - too in love with "his system." He played Manu when he wasn't playing well, he didn't play Diaw when he was playing well, he didn't pull Green when it was plain to see that he was scared of the ball. When TP is sitting, play Diaw - only he can get the ball to Duncan in the post.

Pop failed to incorporate Leonard into the offense - not running anything for him, stunting his growth offensively. Have him practise ball-handling skills over the summer, play him 40 minutes a game, maybe re-sign McGrady at vet's min and have him teach KL some of his offensive moves, have him take over the keys to the franchise instead of parking him in the corner. He rode "the big 3" too long - hoping that Manu still had it in him when it's been clear that he hasn't for a while - injured so often, takes forever to get back into rhythm.

For game 7, can't believe he didn't make any adjustments at half-time when it was clear that Lebron, Wade and Battier were hitting their shots. Contest the 3s - Spurs can't win if they trading 2s for 3s. Heat had it easy on offense - just step into a 3 - no pressure, no work. Spurs had to work their butts off on offense. It's a game 7 - make them feel the pressure.

nickbroken
06-21-2013, 01:40 AM
yeah, David Robinson, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobilli, Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry, Sean Elliott, and the plethora of ballers had nothing to do with it.

You did read where I wrote helped bring us?

Johnny RIngo
06-21-2013, 02:05 AM
We all upset, but spitting out random bullshit won't make any better. Saying Manu hasn't always left everything on the basketball court is just silly. Your better or arguing that he tries to do much to help the team, and in the process hurts it. That he doesn't realize the boundaries of his abilities, and that he makes stupid plays based on that...But questioning his heart, cmon now...

Explain to me why an injury prone, 35 year old is playing international basketball when his club is paying him 14 million to play REAL basketball? Even worse is Ginobili looked impressive for Argentina and then came back to the NBA and played like shit for the entire regular season and playoffs.

Brunodf
06-21-2013, 02:12 AM
Explain to me why an injury prone, 35 year old is playing international basketball when his club is paying him 14 million to play REAL basketball? Even worse is Ginobili looked impressive for Argentina and then came back to the NBA and played like shit for the entire regular season and playoffs.
Maybe because his NT coach play him big minutes no matter what, so he is always in rhythm

UZER
06-21-2013, 02:14 AM
Maybe because his NT coach play him big minutes no matter what, so he is always in rhythm

The only NT plays for a month, and only 40 min games at that. Manu can't even get through training camp without getting hurt.

Brunodf
06-21-2013, 02:16 AM
The only NT plays for a month, and only 40 min games at that. Manu can't even get through training camp without getting hurt.
How do u know that? He never played big minutes in the NBA

Johnny RIngo
06-21-2013, 02:17 AM

He had 20+ playoff games to get in rhythm

ChumpDumper
06-21-2013, 02:17 AM
How do u know that? He never played big minutes in the NBAHe played 8 games and averaged 30 minutes last summer.

3 Legged Dog
06-21-2013, 02:21 AM

yep. In game 6 Pop, Manu and Danny shit the bed. They don't have enough Clorox at Costco to the shit statins out of those sheets. Burn em. Burn the mattress too.

perfectdark
06-21-2013, 02:22 AM
pop overcontrols everything and his rotation as killers

SA210
06-21-2013, 02:25 AM
We probably have six if Phil Jackson coached the Spurs from '98 onwards.

At least

InK
06-21-2013, 03:16 AM

Because he loves his country, and feels its an honor to represent his National team at the Olympics. Most likely because of that. Seems like most international players share the sentiment. I don't even know if the Spurs from a business standpoint want to estrange a whole country because of a few games played in the Olympics.

Manu was signed bellow his market value throughout his career, the first year his contract is bad, is this one. And people started complaining (mentioning it) about it in the NBA finals.

And i never said Manu sacrificed everything for the Spurs as well, just that he always gave everything he had on the court, and that im not gonna blame a guy like that. I just can't, even though i fully realized he played terrible...

Johnny RIngo
06-21-2013, 03:24 AM
Because he loves his country, and feels its an honor to represent his National team at the Olympics. Most likely because of that. Seems like most international players share the sentiment. I don't even know if the Spurs from a business standpoint want to estrange a whole country because of a few games played in the Olympics.

It's incredibly stupid on Manu's part to continue playing in the off-season at his age. His history with chronic injuries makes it even worse. Duncan rests his body and prepares for the regular season like a professional. Ginobili puts his own interests first before the Spurs. Cuban was right in calling international basketball a sham that does nothing but hurt NBA teams.

Atl Spur
06-21-2013, 03:40 AM

Atleast someone else see's this!! Parker doesn't pass unless forced!

SayTown
06-21-2013, 03:40 AM
Pop "they made more baskets than us"

InK
06-21-2013, 03:44 AM
It's incredibly stupid on Manu's part to continue playing in the off-season at his age. His history with chronic injuries makes it even worse. Duncan rests his body and prepares for the regular season like a professional. Ginobili puts his own interests first before the Spurs. Cuban was right in calling international basketball a sham that does nothing but hurt NBA teams.

Well except for the part where entire countries tune in to watch their national hero's play in the NBA playoffs, buy NBA merchandise, and buy TV broadcast rights.

And Manu hasn't played for his national team since the 2008 Olympics, right? I would take Manu's interests over the 95 percent of American born players " i want the biggest paycheck possible no matter what" interest any day of the week tbh.

SayTown
06-21-2013, 03:51 AM
Pop is too old to coach a championship team