PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker is a fake superstar..

HarlemHeat37
06-20-2013, 10:48 PM
6-23 in game 6 and trying to win Finals MVP..

Absolutely nothing in game 7, one of the worst players on the floor..

This team lives and dies by Duncan, Parker didn't step up when he had his chance..

Fuck Tony Parker, tbh..

DAF86
06-20-2013, 10:49 PM
He is not a superstar.

exstatic
06-20-2013, 10:50 PM
You're an ass. Tony Parker is playing on one hamstring.

I'm really ashamed of a lot of fans in this forum. The Spurs deserve better fans that you shower rod hangers.

DapDaGenius
06-20-2013, 10:51 PM
I blame Manu.

mercos
This series proved what we learned last year, Parker can not lead a team to a title. He can be a piece, but he is too easily shut down to be the best player on a team.

Godbama
Yet another fucking tease of a year, this one even worse than the last tease. I would have rather the team lost in the first round than pull this bullshit. Especially after Game 6.

tim_duncan_fan
06-20-2013, 10:52 PM
That little bitch isn't shit without Tim Duncan.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2013, 10:52 PM
He is a superstar. He got shut down though. No need to be angry with him. We're not in game 7 of the finals in it till the last minute with Tony Parker.

No need to make threads like this though. You're not entitled to have your team win when they're not the best (or even when they are). The Spurs played their hearts out tonight. What ore can you ask for?

dbreiden83080
06-20-2013, 10:53 PM
This is Tim Duncan's Spurs as we saw in game 6 and game 7.. Tony always followed..

Josepatches_
06-20-2013, 10:54 PM
He played awful. He should give his MVP trophy to Duncan.

marinoman
06-20-2013, 10:54 PM
you guys are so quick to forget all the great things he's done

UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS

06-20-2013, 10:55 PM
Parker never had the potential to be a superstar... he's only capable of playing a superstar level for a brief time and not against elite defensive team. This team was built around the role players. When the rotation shortens, the Spurs lose their advantage.

imjunsul
06-20-2013, 10:56 PM
yea he had green open twice and threw up dumb shots hes only good at driving in.. no D or vision on the court.. without this system tony aint top 5 PG..he has a worst jump shot than lebron.. 0 jumpers in game 6 and 7.. terrible. he gets countered every year in the playoffs

MannyIsGod
Tony was this team's MVP. There's no doubt about that. Maybe he's not good enough to be the centerpiece on this team but as long as he plays his ass off and gets you to a game 7 like this then how on earth can you be mad? You don't think he wanted to win?

Arc
he was too afraid to even attempt to attack. that's what pisses me off about him. your championship* is on the line and you're just dribbling behind the 3pt line and passing the ball up to somebody else. grow a fucking pair and do something, anything!

NCaliSpurs
06-20-2013, 10:57 PM
Sad to call out the guy that got you there after an untimely injury. The Heat had a lot of fortune to get the title and Tony's gimpiness was a huge factor.

Johnny RIngo
Historically one of the worst second option/third options of all-time. Weak playoff performer, shitty TS%, horrid WS/48 in his playoff career. Garbage player. Ginobili was good in the mid 2000s but he has his priorities elsewhere these days(Argentina's more important to him than the club paying him 14 million a year)

DieHardSpursFan1537
Quit bad-mouthing players because we lost. The guy's hamstring is fucked up

hitmanyr2k
06-20-2013, 10:58 PM
What the hell? Are you guys really Spurs fans? You should be proud of your team right now. They didn't get it done but they put up a great effort.

perfectdark
never saw parker as a superstar due to constant playoff choking
I think he was great this year rly but this series is just not made for him

Darius McCrary
To say he sucks is to belittle how awesome the Heat are.

DAF86
06-20-2013, 10:59 PM
He is not a superstar.

BTW, I'm not knocking on him. He just isn't, there aren't many superstars out there. The injury didn't help either.

dg7md
06-20-2013, 10:59 PM
I don't really know which other superstar could do better than that in his position when he's hurting.

ShoogarBear
06-20-2013, 11:00 PM
What the hell? Are you guys really Spurs fans?

Games like this are a litmus test.

MannyIsGod
BTW, I'm not knocking on him. He just isn't, there aren't many superstars out there. The injury didn't help either.

Whatever dude.

Brazil
He is a superstar. He got shut down though. No need to be angry with him. We're not in game 7 of the finals in it till the last minute with Tony Parker.

No need to make threads like this though. You're not entitled to have your team win when they're not the best (or even when they are). The Spurs played their hearts out tonight. What ore can you ask for?

Tony was this team's MVP. There's no doubt about that. Maybe he's not good enough to be the centerpiece on this team but as long as he plays his ass off and gets you to a game 7 like this then how on earth can you be mad? You don't think he wanted to win?

What the hell? Are you guys really Spurs fans? You should be proud of your team right now. They didn't get it done but they put up a great effort.

:tu

Dingle Barry
06-20-2013, 11:01 PM
where was claxton

Holden_Caulfield
tmac is bad luck

2centsworth
Tony had this series won in game 6. Pop pissed it away and he pissed away Tony for not taking responsibility. Tony leaves as FA no doubt.

Chinook
I didn't like the way he handled this series. He tried to play too much like a superstar and often ignored open teammates. I also didn't like his comments to the media.

But his performance was not that bad. He played hurt and was still somewhat effective. He made a few clutch plays that could've decided the series. It just didn't work out. Part of that was Tony, but part of that was also poor game-planning. No way the Heat should've gotten away with James are Parker as much as they did.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2013, 11:02 PM
Was Lebron not a superstar because he got shut down in 2007? :lol

Bruno
06-20-2013, 11:02 PM
Wow, that's bad.

timmy2003
06-20-2013, 11:03 PM
Need to give credit to the Heat for making him irrelevant for the entire game 7.

mr poop
Yes he is, for a guy most around here hyped up so much he was m.i.a tonight. Zombie Manu outplayed him. But to be fair if Green played 1/4 as decent as he did in the first few games we win. It is what it is, move on to next season.

DAF86
Whatever dude.

He is a star, he isn't a superstar. Lebron James, Duncan, Kobe and Shaq on their prime, those are superstars. Tony is a great player but just not quite at that level.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-20-2013, 11:04 PM
6-23 in game 6 and trying to win Finals MVP..

Absolutely nothing in game 7, one of the worst players on the floor..

This team lives and dies by Duncan, Parker didn't step up when he had his chance..

Fuck Tony Parker, tbh..

Bullshit.

Parker played injured most of the series, and tonight he could hardly move. Check your head.

Josepatches_
He is a star, he isn't a superstar. Lebron James, Duncan, Kobe and Shaq on their prime, those are superstars. Tony is a great player but just not quite at that level.

Far away

spurtech09
say what you want tony lead the spurs to the finals....Tony Parker much respect to you brother.....can't wait for next yr buddy...god bless

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Parker nearly singlehandedly won game 6 with those last-minute shots and the steal, and he won us game 1. Most of the series he's somehow played on one leg and been effective. Give the guy a freakin break.

Brazil
06-20-2013, 11:06 PM

Dont know what superstar is but always said he is not THE star of a championship team, few are tbh and to be totally honest this year he almost proved me wrong.... One freaking FT shy of being that. I didn't know he was capable to have a year like that. The whole team had an amazing amazing year and gave the nba one of the greatest finals since a long long time. I'm not mad at him or at anybody. I respect the hell of this team. 2013 will stay a very special year.

oh and I hope you will stay around during summer daf86, I appreciate reading you lately :tu

Op is a faggot tbh :lol fake

michaelwcho
06-20-2013, 11:07 PM
Parker's a star, not a superstar. I think he was just a little too beat up there to get any daylight from bigger, more athletic defenders.

I did notice in the timeouts Pop kept saying to trust each other and play like a team. The Spurs' offense was pretty horrid for the most part, and it was pretty heroic to get as many points as they did.

2centsworth
06-20-2013, 11:08 PM
again, Tony went Hero ball in game 6 and gave us the series. Pop decided he was more important than the players and we lost.

timtonymanu
06-20-2013, 11:08 PM
Can't hate Parker. Pop should have recognized that Parker was getting shut down and run the ball through Timmy and Leonard instead of letting him force shots.

lefty
06-20-2013, 11:10 PM
:lol Parker
:lol hero ball
:lol didnt get Finals MVP
:lol overrated

:lol Manu
:lol Turnobili
:lol Spurs

:lol Duncan still our best player

raybies
06-20-2013, 11:11 PM

This

phxspurfan
tmac is bad luck

Brazil

:lol never fail to deliver

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Fuck you you fucking moron.

Johnny RIngo
lol at all the butthurt people angry at people stating the truth. Parker's a playoff choke artist. Always has been(except when he was matched up with the garbage point guards the 2007 Cavs were trotting out).

Parker's career season TS%: .550
Parker's career playoff TS%: .517

Parker's career season PER: 19.1
Parker's career playoff PER: 17.5

Parker's career season WS/48: .151
Parker's career playoff WS/48: .092

Huge drops from season to playoffs. Those are not star numbers. He'll be remembered as a decent point guard that was lucky to play next to Tim Duncan.

intlspurshk
TP is the MVP of this team and there is no doubt about that. But he is not Kobe in his prime time and he is not LBJ, Durant nor Derrick Rose that can dominate a game on his own. That's also quite obvious though.

Holden_Caulfield
06-20-2013, 11:15 PM
he was being guarded by lerbon fucking james....

SpursOwn
06-20-2013, 11:16 PM
He looked depressed tonight. I love him but the guy is bipolar. When hes off hes quiet and and a bitch

TD 21
06-20-2013, 11:19 PM
I completely agree. He shrunk from the moment. I don't care how injured/gassed he was, to not even attempt to impose his will, was unacceptable. They're going down with Green aimlessly dribbling away and to a lesser extent Neal and he's content to spot up in the corner. He also allowed Pop to sit him for 5 minutes of game time in the 2nd half. Should have told Pop he was playing the entire 4th.

Slydragon
06-20-2013, 11:23 PM
I have never really even consider the thought that this is Tony team, Tim is just being nice and letting him think that so he plays well.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-20-2013, 11:55 PM

While I agree that ripping Parker is ridiculous you can't call out other people on creating stupid threads and being angry with someone since that's all you've been doing with Manu this past week.

In all fairness, Parker did lay an egg both Game 6 and 7.

It goes both ways my man.

2centsworth
06-20-2013, 11:58 PM
While I agree that ripping Parker is ridiculous you can't call out other people on creating stupid threads and being angry with someone since that's all you've been doing with Manu this past week.

to say parker laid and egg in game 6 makes you sound like an idiot. He went Michael Jordan and gave us the lead and the game until Pop decided to bench Tim Duncan.

HarlemHeat37

So why the fuck didn't he pass the ball when Lebron was guarding him, tbh?..he kept over dribbling, instead of passing it out..

He clearly tried to win Finals MVP in game 6, too..

Even when Chalmers was guarding him in the 4th, he looked completely shook, tbh..

I'm not even a Tony Parker hater, I've defended him on SpursTalk for years, but he's a fucking pussy for his game 6 and 7 performances..

I understand that Parker is constantly defended by the SpursTalk veterans, since he's been a whipping boy in the past by the majority of the forum(from 2003 to 2007)..most veteran posters here are conditioned to defend him, tbh..

HI-FI

sad but true son.

2centsworth
06-21-2013, 12:00 AM
So why the fuck didn't he pass the ball when Lebron was guarding him, tbh?..

He clearly tried to win Finals MVP in game 6, too..

I'm not even a Tony Parker hater, I've defended him on SpursTalk for years, but he's a fucking pussy for his game 6 and 7 performances..

losing cred, all that matters is winning time and Parker was the best player on the court. Pop ripped the teams heart out.

HarlemHeat37
06-21-2013, 12:01 AM
losing cred, all that matters is winning time and Parker was the best player on the court. Pop ripped the teams heart out.

What?..

Parker was the best player on the court tonight or in game 6?:lmao..

superjames1992
06-21-2013, 12:03 AM
A superstar couldn't be shut down by a single player. We threw Bruce Bowen all over the superstars in the mid-2000s and though Bruce was great, superstars like Dirk and Kobe still got their points. Parker is a really good PG, but you really can't put him in the "superstar" category as this series shows, tbh. Superstars don't get shut down.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-21-2013, 12:04 AM
to say parker laid and egg in game 6 makes you sound like an idiot. He went Michael Jordan and gave us the lead and the game until Pop decided to bench Tim Duncan.

6-23 FG, had 2 clutch shots the rest was pretty bad. He went hero-ball trying to get MVP that night, he missed open teammates and tried to shoot over Lebron every chance he had.

He laid a huge egg in game 6 and negating that makes you sound like an idiot.

2centsworth
What?..

With two minutes left to the end or regulation in game 6 who was the best player on the court?

SpurOutofTownFan

LOL you are a huge TP homer

SpurOutofTownFan
06-21-2013, 12:05 AM
With two minutes left to the end or regulation in game 6 who was the best player on the court?

i hope you arent serious,... oh wait.. you are

tim_duncan_fan
06-21-2013, 12:06 AM
where was claxton

lolololololololol We needed a backup PG so badly. Regardless of how you feel about TP, that is an undeniable fact, and CoJo just isn't ready yet.

2centsworth
06-21-2013, 12:06 AM
6-23 FG, had 2 clutch shots the rest was pretty bad. He went hero-ball trying to get MVP that night, he missed open teammates and tried to shoot over Lebron every chance he had.

I quote the Great Larry Bird, I don't give a shit what you do the first 3 qtrs. It's about what you do at the end of games that makes you great. Tony was great at the end of game 6. that's my standard

Holden_Caulfield
06-21-2013, 12:08 AM
What?..

he gave us the lead in the 4th of game 6. what more could you ask for.

ElNono
06-21-2013, 12:09 AM
Love all of our guys... I get the feeling Tony was hurting and also worn out... I think everybody played their hearts out... that's all you can ask.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2013, 12:10 AM

Link to threads where I said "fuck manu"? Link to a post where I said anything like "fuck manu"? Thanks.

Your confusing me hating your stupid drama queen act (gives Wade a run for his money) for being someone who did something other than be critical of the way Manu played.

Dverde
Parker nearly singlehandedly won game 6 with those last-minute shots and the steal, and he won us game 1. Most of the series he's somehow played on one leg and been effective. Give the guy a freakin break. Truth. I think LeBron and the series wore him down. He had little left for game 7.

2centsworth
Love all of our guys... I get the feeling Tony was hurting and also worn out... I think everybody played their hearts out... that's all you can ask.

team gave it all they had. left it all on the court. Pop shitted on them lol

superjames1992
06-21-2013, 12:11 AM
LeBron, tbh.

Dverde
06-21-2013, 12:12 AM
Manu and Pop cost us this series. Danny Green cost us game 7, but overall I think its even for all the 3s he made in the other games.

2centsworth
06-21-2013, 12:13 AM
LeBron, tbh.

stats say different, tbh:jack

Spurtacus
06-21-2013, 12:14 AM
I'd like to see you play hard with a strained hamstring, calf bruise with blood running inflaming your achilles all while being guarded by the best player in the game.

poeticism707
06-21-2013, 12:14 AM
Harsh but true. When it matters most, and all the chips are down, its always 37 year old TD that has to deliver for the Spurs. EVERY YEAR TD HAS PLAYED, HE THE SPURS MVP. Don't be fooled by Parker's fool's gold reg season numbers. TD is a top five player all time, on BOTH sides of the ball. TP is a sometimes all star.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-21-2013, 12:15 AM
I quote the Great Larry Bird, I don't give a shit what you do the first 3 qtrs. It's about what you do at the end of games that makes you great. Tony was great at the end of game 6. that's my standard

Well, facts don't agree with you:

In extra time Parker went 0/3 FG, missed 1 FT, missed 1 3pt and had a rebound

Leonard score 4 pts and went 2/3 FG with 3 rebounds

So, no - he was shit.

2centsworth
06-21-2013, 12:15 AM
Well, facts don't agree with you:

In extra time Parker went 0/3 FG, missed 1 FT, missed 1 3pt and had a rebound

Leonard score 4 pts and went 2/3 FG with 3 rebounds

So, no - he was shit.

you got to learn to read first. End of regulation.:rolleyes

SpurOutofTownFan
06-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Link to threads where I said "fuck manu"? Link to a post where I said anything like "fuck manu"? Thanks.

Your confusing me hating your stupid drama queen act (gives Wade a run for his money) for being someone who did something other than be critical of the way Manu played.

I never said you said fuck manu - you obviously have problems with reading comprehension. You, nonetheless, have been pounding the rock the entire week with Manu. You are all over the place.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-21-2013, 12:17 AM
you got to learn to read first. End of regulation.:rolleyes

I know what I did - as I said before he hit two clutch shots and that was it, for the rest of regulation and for the rest of game. Facts dont lie.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2013, 12:17 AM
I never said you said fuck manu - you obviously have problems with reading comprehension. You, nonetheless, have been pounding the rock the entire week with Manu. You are all over the place.

link to the posts you think I made that were out of line. Go for it.

HarlemHeat37
06-21-2013, 12:18 AM
Why is a guy with what is apparently a "severely injured" hamstring trying to beat Lebron and chucking instead of passing it to Duncan inside or Leonard against Chalmers/Miller?..

2centsworth
06-21-2013, 12:19 AM
I know what I did - as I said before he hit two clutch shots and that was it, for the rest of regulation and for the rest of game. Facts dont lie.

you started a new conversation or you don't know how to read.

HI-FI
06-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Why is a guy with what is apparently a "severely injured" hamstring trying to beat Lebron and chucking instead of passing it to Duncan inside or Leonard against Chalmers/Miller?..
why didn't Pop call him out on that or try to gameplan around it?

jag

Stop posting

BatManu20
Fucking idiots. Parker was our best player all season and fucking got us to the Finals. Just cause your butt hurt we lost he suddenly sucks? Gtfoh with that garbage.

Danny fucking Green shot 1-19 the last two games with like 7 TO's. And absolutely terrible decision making on offense.

Manu Ginobili might as well have been fucking playing for Miami the last 2 games. Seriously, he was that atrocious.

Splitter was God awful against Miami. Basically made us play Duncan every minute of every game, he was so bad.

And you want to blame Parker? The guy who, On one hamstring, led us here this season got us back in Game 6 with 2 unreal shots? Stop.

2centsworth
06-21-2013, 12:23 AM

I can actually agree with this, but to say that cost us the series is way off. Dude had the series won. Is he a perfect player, no such thing except MJ himself.

dbreiden83080
06-21-2013, 12:25 AM
This series proved what we learned last year, Parker can not lead a team to a title. He can be a piece, but he is too easily shut down to be the best player on a team.

Tony is a hell of a PG he is just not a great player.. He got to play with one of the all time legends and he can basically thank Tim for those 3 rings..

But he is and always will be just short of great.. As this series proved..

dbreiden83080
06-21-2013, 12:27 AM
He played awful. He should give his MVP trophy to Duncan.

Had we won game 6, I think Duncan was getting the MVP and after game 7 for sure it would have been Tim..

J_Paco
You're an ass. Tony Parker is playing on one hamstring.

I'm really ashamed of a lot of fans in this forum. The Spurs deserve better fans that you shower rod hangers.

+1

Parker played on one fucking leg and that still isn't good enough. The team won as a unit and loses as a unit, too. We'll be back next season, people.

Sleepy_Floyd

Ugh. I'll never give up on my team but I give up on these people

HarlemHeat37
06-21-2013, 12:28 AM
:lol Who said Tony Parker sucks?..

I said he's a fake superstar that didn't step up when his team needed him..is that even an argument, tbh?..

He had an opportunity to go down in history as a rare instance of a PG leading a team to a title, and he blew it in games 6 and 7, tbh..

spurs10
06-21-2013, 12:28 AM
Why did TP say in his press conference after game 5, " I wonder why they are leaving him wide open?" First of all it suggests that Danny Green's record breaking shooting was not as great as people were saying. Secondly, it guaranteed the end of Green's run. He was throwing his own teammate under the bus imo.

dbreiden83080
06-21-2013, 12:30 AM
is that even an argument, tbh?..

Nope..

Did he step up last year in the WCF?
Did he in the finals this year?

He is very good but not great. A great player closes the deal..

2centsworth
06-21-2013, 12:31 AM
Tony is a hell of a PG he is just not a great player.. He got to play with one of the all time legends and he can basically thank Tim for those 3 rings..

You on drugs? Was their a backcourt mate that was any good in games 6 or 7? He was basically the only guard against Miami's D spearheaded by Lebron. Plus, he has one healthy hammy to boot. With all that said he still pulled off the miracle shots and steal at the end of regulation in game 6 to give the spurs the series. Tony is absolutely great. No doubt about it.

2centsworth
06-21-2013, 12:33 AM
:lol Who said Tony Parker sucks?..

I said he's a fake superstar that didn't step up when his team needed him..is that even an argument, tbh?..

He had an opportunity to go down in history as a rare instance of a PG leading a team to a title, and he blew it in games 6 and 7, tbh..

How do you blow game 6 when you go balls out to give your team a commanding lead with 28 secs left? Especially considering he was the only guard we had. Danny Green, Manu and neal crawled into the fetal position.

YallMean
06-21-2013, 12:34 AM
He must be. Pop must be a genius taking a core of a fake star, a shithead, and a 37 year old to 7 games down the wire with the Heat, best team ever assembled in the history of the league.

Look you can't have both ways.

TheGoldStandard
06-21-2013, 12:34 AM
Hopefully TP takes the entire offseason off to get healthy and works on that 3 ball this offseason. Hopefully the Spurs actually can give him a legit backup off the bench to help him.

HarlemHeat37
06-21-2013, 12:39 AM
He must be. Pop must be a genius taking a core of a fake star, a shithead, and a 37 year old to 7 games down the wire with the Heat, best team ever assembled in the history of the league.

Look you can't have both ways.

In a year with arguably the weakest West in NBA history, along with Westbrook's injury..

Pop is overrated as fuck, but he's still a top 2 coach in the league..

A top 2 coach
A top 3 PG
Arguably the best big in the NBA this year
Arguably the best perimeter defensive tandem in the NBA
A top 5-7 SF in the NBA

That's enough to get you in the Finals in a weak conference..

Josepatches_
06-21-2013, 12:44 AM
I'm not able to find all these people tired of the Spurs fans in the "Manu sucks" threads. No harmstring excuse for Manu, no blame Pop instead of him for his plays.....

Tony played awful tonight and not much better in game 6 . He averaged around 15 ppg and 40% FG in the Finals. Like or not He was one of the keys why we lost the Finals

2centsworth
06-21-2013, 12:52 AM
I'm not able to find all these people tired of the Spurs fans in the "Manu sucks" threads. No harmstring excuse for Manu, no blame Pop instead of him for his plays.....

Tony played awful tonight and not much better in game 6 . He averaged around 15 ppg and 40% FG in the Finals. Like or not He was one of the keys why we lost the Finals:lol:lol Even in Manu's best game Tony outscored him.

Tony is the only reason we don't get swept starting with game 1.

mexicanjunior
06-21-2013, 12:59 AM
Tony gave it all he had on 1 leg, I have no complaints with his play or effort. He made the plays that should have won Timmy his fifth ring...Pop and Manu negated his hard work and handed Miami the championship on a silver fucking platter.

Budkin
06-21-2013, 01:10 AM
Tony got us here... he just couldn't get us all the way.

Johnny RIngo
06-21-2013, 03:15 AM

He's not even on Pau Gasol's level as a player. If he was, Spurs would have beaten the Heat in six.

Fernando TD21
06-21-2013, 03:45 AM

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 04:07 AM
I didn't like the way he handled this series. He tried to play too much like a superstar and often ignored open teammates. I also didn't like his comments to the media.

But his performance was not that bad. He played hurt and was still somewhat effective. He made a few clutch plays that could've decided the series. It just didn't work out. Part of that was Tony, but part of that was also poor game-planning. No way the Heat should've gotten away with James are Parker as much as they did.Best comment of this thread. Ever since the hamstring injury, Parker's jump shot began to get worse as the series went along. I don't think it's fair that he is constantly being defended by a bigger guy: Sefolosha, Klay Thompson, and then Lebron. Not fair.

blkroadrunners
06-21-2013, 04:16 AM
:lol going from best PG in the league entering into the finals to a mere fake superstar

milkyway21
06-21-2013, 04:52 AM
enough of not playing 100!

driving into big men? waiting for screens? I never been so disappointed in my entire life watching the Spurs than the way Tony played in game 7.
He can do it in regular /season games but in the finals? messed up game 6 & game 7.

HE IS SELFISH !

boutons_deux
06-21-2013, 04:58 AM
It would sound like an excuse if Tony or other Spurs say he was playing hurt, so I hope we don't hear that.

But I really wonder how, if he was hurt enough to affect his games 6,7 so much. For a guy without much natural ability, no physical grace (layups off both feet? wrong foot?), he's come a long way, but he's missing some smarts, and maybe not enough ability for the biggest stage.

Duncanforthree
06-21-2013, 05:01 AM
Fitting thread I suppose since the OP is a fake Spurs fan.

Texas_Ranger
06-21-2013, 05:04 AM
I don't know how can some of you defend him just cause he was injured. If he was that hurt he wouldn't been able to play selfish hero ball. He wanted the finals MVP, you could see it and with his stupid ball hogging he cost us a chance to win game 6.

romain.star
06-21-2013, 05:15 AM
I don't know how can some of you defend him just cause he was injured. If he was that hurt he wouldn't been able to play selfish hero ball. He wanted the finals MVP, you could see it and with his stupid ball hogging he cost us a chance to win game 6.

Blaming one player for that Game 6 loss is just ridiculous.

I'll assume that you did not see that Game 6 because if you did, you're just a stupid Slovenian hater

romain.star
06-21-2013, 05:18 AM
Why did TP say in his press conference after game 5, " I wonder why they are leaving him wide open?" First of all it suggests that Danny Green's record breaking shooting was not as great as people were saying. Secondly, it guaranteed the end of Green's run. He was throwing his own teammate under the bus imo.

Parker only suggested that Danny Green is one mother fucker 3 points shooter. And he was damn right.

Wait... are you seriously saying that the Heat needed this comment from Parker to realise that Green was killing them from beyond the arc?

Texas_Ranger
06-21-2013, 05:20 AM
Blaming one player for that Game 6 loss is just ridiculous.

I'll assume that you did not see that Game 6 because if you did, you're just a stupid Slovenian hater

I don't blame the guy. Manu was even worse. But you don't just start ball hogging when you can't hit shit the whole game. If I blame someone it's Pop who put Tim on the bench 2 times when we needed a rebound.

romain.star
06-21-2013, 05:26 AM
I don't blame the guy. Manu was even worse. But you don't just start ball hogging when you can't hit shit the whole game. If I blame someone it's Pop who put Tim on the bench 2 times when we needed a rebound.

"he cost us a chance to win Game 6" --> "I don't blame the guy"

:rolleyes

Do you understand what you write?

ducks
06-21-2013, 10:26 AM

No need to make threads like this though. You're not entitled to have your team win when they're not the best (or even when they are). The Spurs played their hearts out tonight. What ore can you ask for? james a a much bigger and stronger guy he is going against and he has one hamstring
atleast he did not force alot of shots in game 7

ducks
06-21-2013, 10:27 AM

he only took one shot in second half

z0sa
06-21-2013, 10:28 AM
Disagree. TP played great all things considered. But the reality is that this team still only goes as far as as Timmy can carry them.

Stabula
06-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Parker didn't transform into the MVP everyone hoped this year. Too bad I thought he legitimately had a shot at being regular season AND finals MVP this year.

ducks
06-21-2013, 02:43 PM
hamstring injury

baseline bum
06-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Fuck this thread. Parker's hamstring and stamina were shit. If he was healthy at all there's no way he doesn't play 45 minutes last night like Duncan and Leonard, instead of the 36 he ended up with. GFY Harlem.

kaji157
06-21-2013, 02:54 PM

Pretty much because in some way he is more of an idiot than the average Spurs, and thought, that having green properlly covered he would have more opportunities to score.
The next two games were 2 of the worst shooting games of his career.

CosmicCowboy
06-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Fuck you cheesy ass bandwagon fans. Spurs just took the best team in the NBA right to the wire in the last minutes of a game 7 finals.

r-nice
06-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Why did TP say in his press conference after game 5, " I wonder why they are leaving him wide open?"

I found that strange too. Not to say the Heat weren't going to focus on him going forward anyway, but Tony Parker pointing it out didn't help.

StoneBuddha
06-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Parker is a great PG but I sometimes cringe when I hear him in interviews. He's always pretty free spoken, ranging from his comments in 2011 about that being the Spurs last chance, his remarks about this being "his" team, etc.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2013, 04:41 PM

link to the posts you think I made that were out of line. Go for it.

Yeah, thats what I thought you over emotional whiny little bitch. When confronted to put up or shut up you choose the latter option. At least its easy to get you to STFU.

Agloco
06-21-2013, 04:56 PM
:cry Players and coaches on my team aren't allowed to make mistakes or have bad games :cry

Come on HH, you're better than this.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Yeah, thats what I thought you over emotional whiny little bitch. When confronted to put up or shut up you choose the latter option. At least its easy to get you to STFU.

oh shut the fuck up if you think i have time to dig up all your stupid whinny shit. For the love of god.

baseline bum
06-21-2013, 04:58 PM
:cry Players and coaches on my team aren't allowed to make mistakes or have bad games :cry

Come on HH, you're better than this.

Grown man post :tu

Mama there goes Harlem til 2014.