PDA

View Full Version : The Game.

timvp
06-20-2013, 10:56 PM
LeBron and Battier enter the game shooting less than 30% on threes. They go 11-for-18 on threes.

Well done, Miami.

Salt in the wound for San Antonio.

Damn.

Thebesteva
06-20-2013, 10:57 PM
Props to Spurs from a Laker fan...you guys really were an awesome team since 1999.

Splits
06-20-2013, 10:58 PM
Manu Ginobili is a piece of shit

crc21209
Battier fucking sucked for the past month, and this shit happened. Tim Duncan fucking deserves better...

Darius Bieber
Sadly, the 2013 Playoff Run will be remembered for the biggest Choke Job in History.

Crookshanks
I am so depressed right now. We should've been planning a river parade if not for one missed freethrow and one lucky bounce. Just may have to give up basketball for awhile. At least David Stern is retiring, but I'm not sure his replacement will be any better. :depressed

Das Texan
Meanwhile when Danny Green wasnt building a house, he was turning the ball over.

Even better. Makes it hurt a little more.

TheProfessor
And Green/Neal shriveled in an elimination game. So it goes.

ALVAREZ6
06-20-2013, 10:59 PM
lol spurs had the title in game 6
lol heat win in 7

big difference, over a couple FTs :lol and rebounds :lol

Darius McCrary
06-20-2013, 11:00 PM
More reason to accept and swallow the fact that Miami was the better team. Props.

ata
06-20-2013, 11:00 PM
Congrats Miami

Well done Spurs.
With Leonard there is bright future for Spurs.

That lost rebound in G6 cost us ring

dallasmaverickslose
06-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Manu Ginobili is a piece of shit

With all due respect, this is outrageous for anybody to say. Manu played his heart out tonight. I'm shedding tears for him.

Splits
06-20-2013, 11:02 PM
With all due respect, this is outrageous for anybody to say. Manu played his heart out tonight. I'm shedding tears for him.

Manu Ginobili is a piece of shit. He shit the bed and was entirely responsible for the game 6 loss with 8 turnovers and missing a game clinching free throw. And in game 7 he decided to put on his Heat jersey. Fuck this mother fucker.

NCaliSpurs
06-20-2013, 11:03 PM
The Heat hit big shots at home. We had our chance to close in game 6 and the basketball gods denied us.

DJR210
Well done Spoelstra IMO. As the series progressed he made the adjustments needed, the Spurs didn't have the personal to respond back with.. Parker was neutralized, and they forced Green to be a slasher which is the last thing he should be doing.

dallasmaverickslose
Manu Ginobili is a piece of shit. He shit the bed and was entirely responsible for the game 6 loss with 8 turnovers and missing a game clinching free throw. And in game 7 he decided to put on his Heat jersey. Fuck this mother fucker.

Fuck you

Splits
06-20-2013, 11:04 PM
The Heat hit big shots at home. We had our chance to close in game 6 and the basketball gods denied us.

No. Manu Ginobili lost us our chance to close in Game 6. This is entirely on him, mother fucking piece of shit. RETIRE YOU ASSHOLE

ElNono
Yeah... We could even survive Lebron... that's how well we played... but we got Battier'ed...

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
LeBron James in his prime struggles to beat a team led by 77 year old Tim Duncan.

raybies
06-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Nothing to feel bad about. The better team won. We dared bron to shoot, he made em.

We got kawhi. Look what he did.

Splits
06-20-2013, 11:06 PM
Yeah... We could even survive Lebron... that's how well we played... but we got Battier'ed...

We got Manu'ed. He fucked this team in game 6 and b2b turnovers in game 7. Own it. Nobody deserves more blame than him

phxspurfan
Eh, the better team won. Spurs played well but ran into a better defense and a better superstar player (in 2013, not all time). And Manu...lol. Dude better be getting paid after this game

Pentagruel
People need to stop hating here. The Spurs fought to the bitter end, Manu included. They played an amazing series against an evenly matched team in the Miami Heat and fell just short. Of course it hurts to lose when you are that close but stop trashing our players.

mexicanjunior
Heat played like champs in game 7...Pop and Manu played like chumps in game 6...fuck this season.

DJR210

He made his mistakes tonight, but it wasn't like it was in Game 6. I hope we have seen his last game as a Spur, unless he is willing to play for nearly free next year. It's clear the Spurs need to get another playmaker capable of backing up Parker when opposing teams take him out with bigger guys smothering him. We need to get the ball rolling when it comes to the future because it's clear we no longer have a Big Three.

ElNono
06-20-2013, 11:07 PM
:blah

I can't hear you...

rick1991
06-20-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm damn proud of this team even without the title I'm proud of this team no one gave them a shot in the beginning of the playoffs and they gave us a great show and did it with such class. Ball doesn't always bounce your way just have to leave it on the line and they did. No shame. winning is everything but with the way they competed I can't complain

siraulo23
06-20-2013, 11:08 PM
credit to lebron

credit to miami's veterans, they had way too many... Ray allen three/Battier barrage in game 7/Mike Miller's hot shooting

DPG21920
06-20-2013, 11:08 PM
How fitting. Manu TO, missed shot. I will never forgive Manu or see him the same. The team was amazing tonight but it shouldn't have come to that. I can't believe Manu played the Spurs out of a title.

Splits
06-20-2013, 11:09 PM
I can't hear you...

Your boy toy fucked ring #5. Own it. 8 turnovers in game 6. 2 turnovers in the last 4 minutes of game 7. Manu fucked this entire franchise all by himself. Own it

Splits
06-20-2013, 11:09 PM
How fitting. Manu TO, missed shot. I will never forgive Manu or see him the same. The team was amazing tonight but it shouldn't have come to that. I can't believe Manu played the Spurs out of a title.

Manu was the best Miami Heat asset in games 6 and 7.

ElNono
06-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Hard to win these things... we have 4 and never lost before tonight, which is a rarity... As underdogs they gave it all and had a chance all the way to the end... love em...

spurtech09
spurs lost....complaining about it ain't gonna get you anywhere.....much respect to the spurs...it was a fun ride

ElNono
:cry

Still can't hear you, what?

DAF86
06-20-2013, 11:11 PM
Can't believe people are knocking on Manu for this game. Game 6 I understand but not this one.

Darkwaters
I never figured we'd win a game 7. Game 6 was our chance; we took it and lost.

Still, Miami was always the major favorite, but we gave them everything they could handle. Were it not for an insane comeback late in Game 6, and a wild shooting night in Game 7, this all might have been very different. I'm proud of what the Spurs did tonight. We didn't wilt, we played hard and didn't give anything easy. But only one team gets to win each year, and I'm just glad that we were playing in that last game of the season, having taken the Heat the distance.

Props to Miami on the championship. But bigger props to the Spurs for nearly upsetting the heavy favorites, 5 years after we were supposed to be irrelevant.

michaelwcho
Manu played badly this series, but he's not the reason they lost. The fact that they didn't have anyone better than Manu Ginobili was the reason they lost. Unless they can find someone better than him next year, he should be on the team again.

Juggity
The spurs weren't even supposed to be in the finals.

They just took one of the greatest teams of all time to 7 games, and it went down to the last minute.

Got nothing to be ashamed of.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-20-2013, 11:12 PM
feels weird.....

venky
06-20-2013, 11:12 PM
LeBron James in his prime struggles to beat a team led by 77 year old Tim Duncan.
This is the main point. No way should he ever be considered better than Kobe or Timmy. The ballwashing by BSPN is just disgusting. I hope Tim can win one more. I still think he has time.

Keepin' it real
06-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Danny Green giveth ... Danny Green taketh away.

DPG21920
Manu played badly this series, but he's not the reason they lost. The fact that they didn't have anyone better than Manu Ginobili was the reason they lost. Unless they can find someone better than him next year, he should be on the team again.

He's quite easily the most singular reason the Spurs lost.

mercos
We played like garbage, but if Battier does not go 6-8 we win the game. Congrats to the Heat. They had enough guys bring it when it mattered.

DAF86
06-20-2013, 11:14 PM

They have it in Leonard. Next season he needs to become a playmaker and Ginobili a role player if Manu plans to keep playing

Splits
Still can't hear you, what?

Manu Ginobili single handedly cost the Spurs game 6 in his choke job and decided to put on his Heat jersey and turnover the ball in the 4th Q of game 7

DPG21920
Can't believe people are knocking on Manu for this game. Game 6 I understand but not this one.

It's not this game. It's the series he played so poorly it cost the Spurs #5

RD2191
06-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Ryan Richards :hat

Splits

Splits

ElNono
:cry

Nope... still can't hear you

SpurSwag
The better team lost. I genuinely believe that

DAF86
06-20-2013, 11:17 PM

OK, say that then. Don't talk about this game when he was clearly the third best player on our team tonight.

Borosai
06-20-2013, 11:17 PM
I'm not going to blame Manu for tonight, but the guy had how many turnovers down the stretch? 3 or 4. At some point he should adjust his game and stop being so fucking careless with the ball. Where's the accountability? He can get upset at himself all he wants, but if he comes back and does the same thing over and over again, it's negligent.

Duncan deserved better. Leonard was his best running mate this series.

Game 6 is all that matters to me.

Agloco
06-20-2013, 11:18 PM
Your boy toy fucked ring #5. Own it. 8 turnovers in game 6. 2 turnovers in the last 4 minutes of game 7. Manu fucked this entire franchise all by himself. Own it

You're an idiot.

RD2191
06-20-2013, 11:18 PM
Manu did not cost the Spurs number 5. Yeah he shit the bed but its not like our bench is loaded with talent. Guys, it took fluke shots for the Heat to beat an old as fuck Spurs team. It was a great season all things considered. Timmy would rape this Heat team in his prime. Fuck Lebron. He will always be a piece of shit. Tim Duncan is a real man and a living legend.

EVAY
06-20-2013, 11:19 PM
Props to Miami. It is over. I still love this team more than any team in the history of the Spurs. IT was not meant to be.

But I love our Spurs.

michaelwcho
06-20-2013, 11:20 PM

Who's going to handle the ball, then?

Crookshanks
06-20-2013, 11:21 PM
I will not give props to Miami and I will not say they were the better team. Yes, they won in the end, but not without some really lucky things happening, and quite a bit of favoritism from the refs. Just one missed freethrow and one lucky bounce away from losing in game 6. I hate Lebron and will not watch any sports shows or read any articles praising him as the greatest player on the planet. This hurts too bad, and I'm going to be a very sore loser!

jag
06-20-2013, 11:23 PM
I've never truly been bothered by Spurs losses. Series losses to the Lakers, Thunder, Grizzlies... I've always found a way to genuinely enjoy the chance to watch my favorite players and my favorite team compete, win or lose. That's easy to do when I've seen them have so much success.

I know they'll be back; it wouldnt surprise me to see them in the WCF again next season. But this one is different. To be so close. To be seconds away from writing the perfect final chapter on an amazing story, for an amazing franchise and a once in a lifetime group of players. This one sucks. It almost doesn't feel real.

TheProfessor
06-20-2013, 11:25 PM
Miami is/was the better team. The Spurs had one of those rare runs in them - Green's improbable three-point shooting early in the series, Kawhi's coming out party, Timmy's rejuvenation. We were so close to beating the better team in seven-game series, it's really pretty remarkable. But it's going to hurt even worse because of it.

jag
06-20-2013, 11:25 PM

Give it a rest

SenorSpur
06-20-2013, 11:26 PM
As I take a minute to see past my own hurt and disappointment, which is hard to do, I will say that this was clearly one of the best and most exciting NBA Finals that I can remember. My NBA Finals recollection dates back to 1975 with Golden State's monumental upset of the heavily favored Washington Bullets, in what was easily the biggest upset in NBA Finals history (4-0). As for the series we just watched, Games 6 & 7 of this series really pushed the entire series over the top. Though it's hard to acknowledge it now, this was a classic series and one that I've wanted to see since LBJ decided to take his talent to South Beach. This was a great matchup between two championship-caliber teams and it didn't disappoint.

OK, enough of that crap...I now return myself to my own bitter disappointment and despair.

DPG21920
06-20-2013, 11:38 PM
Give it a rest

Eat shit. I am proud of the team & I stated my stance before the game. Spurs win #5 if Manu does not have an all time shit series. It's not irrational. It's truth. People agreed before This game. The fact he played solid (outside of the fourth) doesn't change that.

Manu deserves respect. He deserves to be celebrated. But I will never hold him in the same light as I once did. I understand if you don't agree but eat shit for trying to act like its not justified.

Borosai
06-20-2013, 11:44 PM
Manu deserves respect and praise for what he has meant to the Spurs in the past, but he also deserves criticism for not adjusting. He can't score 30 points to make up for his wild plays anymore. But those plays keep on coming.

jag
06-20-2013, 11:46 PM
Eat shit. I am proud of the team & I stated my stance before the game. Spurs win #5 if Manu does not have an all time shit series. It's not irrational. It's truth. People agreed before This game. The fact he played solid (outside of the fourth) doesn't change that.

Manu deserves respect. He deserves to be celebrated. But I will never hold him in the same light as I once did. I understand if you don't agree but eat shit for trying to act like its not justified.

And the Spurs wouldn't have the 2005 title if not for Manu. You take the good with the bad, or you take none of it. I don't disagree with anything you said about this series and his culpability. That being said, you've made your point. Give it a fucking rest.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-20-2013, 11:46 PM
LeBron and Battier enter the game shooting less than 30% on threes. They go 11-for-18 on threes.

Well done, Miami.

Damn.

That, and 4 incredibly lucky bounces for the Heat in game 6 (2 FTs, 2 rebounds). Heat were very freakin lucky to win this thing.

Still LBJ, earned it tonight, he really did, not just on 3s but all those long 2s he hit. Reminds me of MJ's 6 3s vs Portland.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-20-2013, 11:47 PM
As I take a minute to see past my own hurt and disappointment, which is hard to do, I will say that this was clearly one of the best and most exciting NBA Finals that I can remember. My NBA Finals recollection dates back to 1975 with Golden State's monumental upset of the heavily favored Washington Bullets, in what was easily the biggest upset in NBA Finals history (4-0). As for the series we just watched, Games 6 & 7 of this series really pushed the entire series over the top. Though it's hard to acknowledge it now, this was a classic series and one that I've wanted to see since LBJ decided to take his talent to South Beach. This was a great matchup between two championship-caliber teams and it didn't disappoint.

OK, enough of that crap...I now return myself to my own bitter disappointment and despair.

:tu

Me too on both sentiments.

romain.star
06-20-2013, 11:47 PM

Sir, you should go to bed now

SpurOutofTownFan
06-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Sadly, the 2013 Playoff Run will be remembered for the biggest Choke Job in History.

mmm no... the Spurs werent supposed to be there honestly - it's gravy

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-20-2013, 11:50 PM
I've never truly been bothered by Spurs losses. Series losses to the Lakers, Thunder, Grizzlies... I've always found a way to genuinely enjoy the chance to watch my favorite players and my favorite team compete, win or lose. That's easy to do when I've seen them have so much success.

I know they'll be back; it wouldnt surprise me to see them in the WCF again next season. But this one is different. To be so close. To be seconds away from writing the perfect final chapter on an amazing story, for an amazing franchise and a once in a lifetime group of players. This one sucks. It almost doesn't feel real.

Yup... truly gut-punch, heartbreaking loss. This is worse than 0.4sec and 2006, this is the one that literally slipped through our fingers... :depressed

Boomersgold

Well done, Miami.

Damn.

Who was guarding Battier again?

jag
That, and 4 incredibly lucky bounces for the Heat in game 6 (2 FTs, 2 rebounds). Heat were very freakin lucky to win this thing.

Still LBJ, earned it tonight, he really did, not just on 3s but all those long 2s he hit. Reminds me of MJ's 6 3s vs Portland.

He went over and above earning it tonight. He was as big as it gets at the biggest moments. Gotta give him props.

DPG21920
And the Spurs wouldn't have the 2005 title if not for Manu. You take the good with the bad, or you take none of it. I don't disagree with anything you said about this series and his culpability. That being said, you've made your point. Give it a fucking rest.

Oh - I see. It's ok to make valid arguments just not if they come to fruition. I'm not calling for everyone to hate Manu. I don't hate Manu. Spurs just gutted me & I'm expressing the way I feel about Manu. I think this is a bigger moment than most give credence. I stated before the game this loss could have far reaching ramifications & could signal a very real change for this franchise

TampaDude
06-20-2013, 11:55 PM
He went over and above earning it tonight. He was as big as it gets at the biggest moments. Gotta give him props.

^ this, tbh

LeBron EARNED this one...can't hate...

jag
06-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Oh - I see. It's ok to make valid arguments just not if they come to fruition. I'm not calling for everyone to hate Manu. I don't hate Manu. Spurs just gutted me & I'm expressing the way I feel about Manu. I think this is a bigger moment than most give credence. I stated before the game this loss could have far reaching ramifications & could signal a very real change for this franchise

Any significant changes to this franchise will be a result of Tim's retirement, not this loss. This one is tough though, in a different way than any before.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-20-2013, 11:59 PM

Yup. If he was just a little less brilliant we take the series. He carried the Heat for the last 5 quarters and won the thing. Love him or hate him, you've gotta respect what he did.

dylankerouac
06-21-2013, 12:00 AM
Credit to the Heat for hitting their mid range shots tonight. It frustrated me how the Spurs were either driving or shooting a three. They completely forgot about the mid-range game during the latter part of the series. IMHO they needed to take some of those too so that Miami respected the mid range game too, I'm sure it would of opened more up and Miami wasn't going to be expecting it, that's for sure.

Duncan also turned away from his high post shots, he hits these at a great percentage but he decides to go away from it as the Spurs get closer to ending the season. I remember he went away from it against OKC too last season. If we win next year I firmly believe its because Duncan sticks with those shots. Every season he trusts them just a little bit more.

I hope Green and Kawhi can bring more to the table next year, especially if Green can handle the ball better.

I'd like to see Tony hungry for the whole season and playoffs. Healthy enough to hit midrange shots (and continue with some surprising threes) at a good percentage.

Darius McCrary
06-21-2013, 12:05 AM

I agree, but you can follow cause and effect and blame Pop for not finding more backcourt help and realizing before we got here that Manu was not cut out for doing what we want him to do anymore.
Actually, I think it was Harlem who posted sometime in March that Pop needed to start running offense through Kawhi or it would cost us.
Kawhi didn't start becoming a focal point of this offense until game 7 of the NBA finals. And he played solid. Better than Manu. For some reason, we went away from that in the 2nd half, but the fact of the matter is if you blame Manu for sucking, it's tantamount to blaming Bonner for sucking in the playoffs. Sometimes bad players are put in a position to fail.

Not that I personally blame Pop. I'm just saying, if you blame Manu, you may be misdirecting your blame.

ElNono
06-21-2013, 12:05 AM
As I said yesterday, I have no problem with people putting this series on Manu. But if there's anything that 'changes' here is that Manu can't consistently be the '3' in the big 3. That role needs to go to Kawhi now. Manu can still play Neal's role (much better than Neal), and be the 4th/5th best guy. But he has to decide to come back for that. I hope he does. I think he can be valuable in that role.

Lebron was beast. What else can you say after a game like that.

DPG21920
06-21-2013, 12:13 AM
I agree, but you can follow cause and effect and blame Pop for not finding more backcourt help and realizing before we got here that Manu was not cut out for doing what we want him to do anymore.
Actually, I think it was Harlem who posted sometime in March that Pop needed to start running offense through Kawhi or it would cost us.
Kawhi didn't start becoming a focal point of this offense until game 7 of the NBA finals. And he played solid. Better than Manu. For some reason, we went away from that in the 2nd half, but the fact of the matter is if you blame Manu for sucking, it's tantamount to blaming Bonner for sucking in the playoffs. Sometimes bad players are put in a position to fail.

Not that I personally blame Pop. I'm just saying, if you blame Manu, you may be misdirecting your blame.

If TP can continually get better at his age, Duncan too, Manu should at least be able to stay mentally strong IMO enough not to derail things. I can't blame Pop for trusting Manu. I trust Manu. I would have done the same thing and gone with him. But when you are at the point where you not playing would have equaled a title that's on Manu. Physical decline or not, you can be a savvy player and help. He hurt the team.

I will always appreciate Manu but I will forever slightly resent him for this. Those talking about him returning, which I want, better drastically alter their money amount though. If you cost a team a title, are injury prone and disminished to the point you can no longer be relief upon to be great against bench players you need to be paid accordingly.

My concern is (and we will see if its valid) is that with the greatness of Tim will he ever trust Manu again? Will pop?

Darius McCrary
06-21-2013, 12:17 AM
If TP can continually get better at his age, Duncan too, Manu should at least be able to stay mentally strong IMO enough not to derail things. I can't blame Pop for trusting Manu. I trust Manu. I would have done the same thing and gone with him. But when you are at the point where you not playing would have equaled a title that's on Manu. Physical decline or not, you can be a savvy player and help. He hurt the team.

I will always appreciate Manu but I will forever slightly resent him for this. Those talking about him returning, which I want, better drastically alter their money amount though. If you cost a team a title, are injury prone and disminished to the point you can no longer be relief upon to be great against bench players you need to be paid accordingly.

My concern is (and we will see if its valid) is that with the greatness of Tim will he ever trust Manu again? Will pop?

Dude I'm pretty much full on board with everything you said. But I just don't blame him as singularly as you do. Maybe it's a coping mechanism, but the fact remains (in my mind) the Heat were the better team. Manu didn't make James hit that 2nd 3. Manu didn't make Ray Allen hit a perfectly defended clutch 3. Manu didn't force James and Battier to go god-mode tonight.

Budkin
06-21-2013, 12:19 AM

Life sucks sometimes... it's now our Redsox 86, Rangers 2011 moment. At least we've won 4 titles in recent years.

Sean Cagney
06-21-2013, 12:21 AM

Dallas up 2-0 and up 15 late in game three! STFU! LA with Magic in 86, watch what happened there! There has been alot worse than one game here! Come on bro! LOL BIGGEST CHOKE job in history.
Life sucks sometimes... it's now our Redsox 86, Rangers 2011 moment. At least we've won 4 titles in recent years.

That is what will keep us sane! If we lost those before and this one, we are on suicide watch right now! DAMN I can not imagine!

DPG21920
06-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Agreed on a momentary look but boiled down none of that would have mattered if Manu just plays bad vs catastrophic. He didnt have to be great, just not terrible. He was terrible. I'm not second guessing Pop or TP/TD for trusting him either. I'm saying this marks the first time, due to age/circumstance that he can't and won't be trusted. To me, that changes everything.

Arcadian
06-21-2013, 12:23 AM
This team has been on an upward trajectory for the past three years.

2011: First round loss
2012: Conference finals loss
2013: NBA Finals loss
2014: ???

Sean Cagney
06-21-2013, 12:27 AM

Get a few new faces and???????? WHO KNOWS.

Budkin
06-21-2013, 12:30 AM
Might take another 10 years but with the way this franchise is run we'll be ok.

dbreiden83080
06-21-2013, 12:31 AM

I actually like our chances next year.. Manu needs to be downgraded or just go so KL can flourish..

Bill_Brasky
06-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Woulda been nice to have Captain Jack.

Capt Bringdown
06-21-2013, 12:37 AM
More reason to accept and swallow the fact that Miami was the better team. Props.

Words of wisdom, painful as they may be. Spurs weren't at best for just a second in game 6, and Miami capitalized like the champions they are. They won the series at that moment.
Can't say the Spurs didn't have a chance to respond.
They just weren't good enough.

John B
06-21-2013, 01:04 AM
Congratulations to the Heat. But hats off to the Spurs for giving everything they got. I didn't even expect them to be in the finals at the start of the season, and to be on game 7 against LeBron's team and had a chance to win. Wow. My congratulations to the Spurs organization. I don't know what the future brings. We might have seen the last time the big three together. I surely hope not. But we have young players who would be better, Kawhi will be a superstar, and hopefully we pick-up another athletic scorer. Spurs will just be hungrier and better. Thank you for the great season. Go Spurs Go!

jmanu20
06-21-2013, 01:17 AM

Well done, Miami.

The difference maker bar none in my opinion. Bosh, Miller, AND Allen were scoreless. If Battier hits 3 less threes, the Spurs win.

Damn.

smaka
06-21-2013, 04:00 AM
Screw those Miami threes. Scrub Battier hits 6 threes in a game 7, when he was bricking every shot he took in previous games or series. It hurts.

sanman53
06-21-2013, 06:20 AM
The Spurs looked like they were playing to 'survive', to not get blown out, rather than 'knock the stuffing out of them'.

boutons_deux
06-21-2013, 06:22 AM
As bad as Manu was, Tony and Danny, if they had delivered their average games, could have compensated, but they were too below average in games 6,7.

Soul_Patch
06-21-2013, 06:49 AM
The Heat seemed to get every bounce and fluke ball when they needed it most. The Spurs couldn't buy a run to save their life. They just couldn't catch a break. I kept telling my wife, they just need that one small run to get a few points of separation. When they looked like they may get it, they would miss a wide open layup that bounced right to a Heat players hands and ended in a dunk or layup, or even worse, 3 pointer, on the other end.

jjktkk
06-21-2013, 06:54 AM
As bad as Manu was, Tony and Danny, if they had delivered their average games, could have compensated, but they were too below average in games 6,7.

Tony is arguably our best player. And he was shut down the past couple of games in this series. Wheres james took over games, Tony did/could not.

HB22inSA
06-21-2013, 07:08 AM
The Heat seemed to get every bounce and fluke ball when they needed it most. The Spurs couldn't buy a run to save their life. They just couldn't catch a break. I kept telling my wife, they just need that one small run to get a few points of separation. When they looked like they may get it, they would miss a wide open layup that bounced right to a Heat players hands and ended in a dunk or layup, or even worse, 3 pointer, on the other end.

Spot on.

You just had the feeling the Spurs were never getting over the hump. The Chalmers 3 made me realize it was the Heat's night.

But even with all of the fluke shooting and Lebron in superstar mode, the Spurs had a chance.

Can't ask for much more on the road in a Game 7.