PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 reasons Why it Sucks to be a Spurs fan

RevMouse
09-06-2004, 04:16 PM
Why it Sucks to be a Spurs fan, let me count the ways.....

#10 You have no David Robinson and you will never win a ring w/o him

#9 Coach Pop has no idea who to play and when very sad,

#8 Tim Duncan is one smack to the knee away from retiring early

#7 You have A laker on your team

#6 You might have a Former Laker and Jazz player on your team, That sucks royal

#5 You have no outside shooters

#4 You have to play in the west where there are 5 teams better than yours

#3 You have only 10% real fans 90% are band wagon fans

#2 No matter how long you stand in line for tickets some kid in his basement will buy them all just to sell them to tourist

#1 no matter if you win or lose your owner won't be sober enough to remember.

feel free to add to the listhttp://www.sahoops.net/smilies/lmao.gif

Ps: Before you say this topic is tasteless? keep in Mind I had respect enough to leave out the Coyoty

Tommy Duncan
09-06-2004, 04:45 PM
#0.5 The starting center is from Slovenia.

SequSpur
09-06-2004, 05:45 PM
This was a good top 10 list for 2003-2004.

However, most of the issues except for Rasho have been addressed.

smeagol
09-06-2004, 06:10 PM
#0.5 The starting center is from Slovenia.

MB, we understand you hate Rasho.

But why do you have to piss off people from other countries with your posts. :Q

Why can'y you just say "The starting center is Rasho, who sucks".

Very simple and it doesn't piss off SLOVENIA 8 and others.

Solid D
09-06-2004, 06:26 PM
Time to get back to the Bible Reverend Mouse and sToP consulting with Tonto while Bogarting his peace pipe with blue smoke coming out of it.

Good take, Sequ. Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Rasho, Blah, Blah, Blah.

hegamboa
09-06-2004, 07:41 PM

While I loved David as a player and as a person, the organization must move on (though your #10 reason is quite a compliment)... we can't hinge our future on a player who's paid his dues and given everything to the Spurs organization, and the city of SA... He's one of the few people who make me proud to be an American... let him retire in peace. Last time I checked our squad still has two MVPs... so we're all-right; Duncan (2-time NBA MVP) and Ginobili (2001 Italian League MVP and the consensus as the 2004 Basketball Olympic Tournament MVP --though no official award was given).

He's one of the few coaches who tries to protect a player's health over trying to get an insignificant victory. On this point however, I will concede that he severely hampers Ginobili's style... maybe this year he'll cut him loose. Also the thing with Malik could be better... but part of this is Malik's doing too.

That goes for anyone... Allan Houston, Dirk Nowitzki, Shaq, Kobe, KG, AI, Webber... wait that bug has already bit him. In either case, this reason is too generalized to carry any specificity as a 'Spurs-only' concern.

It's the nature of the business. Besides Horry is closer to home.... don't be mad he likes it here much better than in LA. That's not San Antonio's fault. Point number 7 would be a much better agitator in a Celtics forum not here... think GP.

#6 You might have a Former Laker and Jazz player on your team, That sucks royal.

That's two Laker related points... That's sad for you. Personally, I couldn't care less for Malone (I lost all respect for him the day he clobbered DRob). The spurs organization will do what they want. If he comes on board.. so be it. If not, I wouldn't be too worried.

Uh... hello, you need to keep updated on NBA current events... The Spurs signed Brent Barry. That will have a synergetic effect on all the other Spurs perimeter players because he'll make you pay for leaving him open.

Name them...........

P.S. Be careful that you don't end up looking a tad bit ignorant when compiling this list.

Where do you get your statistics? Do you work for the census bureau... In the end it doesn't matter because this phenomenon is true for most sports franchises (even though your numbers are off).

#2 No matter how long you stand in line for tickets some kid in his basement will buy them all just to sell them to tourist

Now you're just fishing for lame points.... Again, very sad.

#1 no matter if you win or lose your owner won't sober enough to remember.

His unreluctance to hold back on his checkbook this off-season should be enough of a reason to counter this moot point.

Kevin Kaster
09-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Top 10 reasons it sucks to be a Mavs fan:

10. No championship.
9. No championship.
8. No championship.
7. No championship.
6. No championship.
5. No championship.
4. No championship.
3. No championship.
2. No championship.
1. No championship.

RevMouse
09-06-2004, 08:57 PM
V----Holy $hit Rack this vato ----V:shock

hegamboa
Lieutenant
(9/6/04 5:41 pm)
Reply Re: Top 10 reasons Why it Sucks to be a Spurs fan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I loved David as a player and as a person, the organization must move on (though your #10 reason is quite a compliment)... we can't hinge our future on a player who's paid his dues and given everything to the Spurs organization, and the city of SA... He's one of the few people who make me proud to be an American... let him retire in peace. Last time I checked our squad still has two MVPs... so we're all-right; Duncan (2-time NBA MVP) and Ginobili (2001 Italian League MVP and the consensus as the 2004 Basketball Olympic Tournament MVP --though no official award was given).

Quote:

He's one of the few coaches who tries to protect a player's health over trying to get an insignificant victory. On this point however, I will concede that he severely hampers Ginobili's style... maybe this year he'll cut him loose. Also the thing with Malik could be better... but part of this is Malik's doing too.

Quote:

That goes for anyone... Allan Houston, Dirk Nowitzki, Shaq, Kobe, KG, AI, Webber... wait that bug has already bit him. In either case, this reason is too generalized to carry any specificity as a 'Spurs-only' concern.

Quote:

It's the nature of the business. Besides Horry is closer to home.... don't be mad he likes it here much better than in LA. That's not San Antonio's fault. Point number 7 would be a much better agitator in a Celtics forum not here... think GP.

Quote:
#6 You might have a Former Laker and Jazz player on your team, That sucks royal.

That's two Laker related points... That's sad for you. Personally, I couldn't care less for Malone (I lost all respect for him the day he clobbered DRob). The spurs organization will do what they want. If he comes on board.. so be it. If not, I wouldn't be too worried.

Quote:

Uh... hello, you need to keep updated on NBA current events... The Spurs signed Brent Barry. That will have a synergetic effect on all the other Spurs perimeter players because he'll make you pay for leaving him open.

Quote:

Name them...........

P.S. Be careful that you don't end up looking a tad bit ignorant when compiling this list.

Quote:

Where do you get your statistics? Do you work for the census bureau... In the end it doesn't matter because this phenomenon is true for most sports franchises (even though your numbers are off).

Quote:

Now you're just fishing for lame points.... Again, very sad.

Quote:
#1 no matter if you win or lose your owner won't sober enough to remember.

His unreluctance to hold back on his checkbook this off-season should be enough of a reason to counter this moot point.

hegamboa
09-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Are RevMouse and Sequ one and the same?

hegamboa
09-09-2004, 04:21 PM
Or is it somebody completely new?

Solid D
09-09-2004, 04:29 PM
They are two different guys but they have a few similarities, i.e. chain-pulling, physical height, sense of humor.

I say this, although I have never personally met either one.

If it weren't for Pseudofan, Sequ would be just like Mouse. 8) jk

Medvedenko
09-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Here is my list: I actually respect the spurs a lot and like there team this year, but here we go. My list of why I'm glad I'm not a Spurs Fan.

10: Mario Ellie (Damn I hate this guy)
9: Jaren Jackson (Laker killer)
8: Vinnie Del Negro (nuff said)
7: Pop (He looks like he's going to vomit everytime I see him)
6: Malik Rose
5: Shaving comercials (Duncan & DRob) gayest of all gays
4: T Parker (brings the smuggness to a new level)
3: Avery Johnson
2: Saxaphones
1: Swimming

ShoogarBear
09-09-2004, 07:44 PM
4: T Parker (brings the smuggness to a new level)

From a Laker fan?

Pot. Kettle. Black.