PDA

View Full Version : Parker Gets Shut Down by a Bigger Defender, Per Par

superjames1992
06-20-2013, 11:50 PM
First, Sefolosha. Now, LeBron.

The formula is set. I don't know if there's anything Parker can do to work on this inherent flaw in his game, but it hurts, man. I like Tony, but it's pretty clear that he struggles against size.

And, NO, I am NOT blaming him for the loss. This does need to be discussed, though, as it has become clear that this is an issue for Tony.

superjames1992
06-21-2013, 12:08 AM
I hate to bump this, but I haven't seen it discussed in other threads, tbh.

eyeh8u
06-21-2013, 12:11 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limb_lengthening_methods and HGH

Sobe_Kucks
06-21-2013, 12:13 AM
Dude was gassed he did fine against Lebaby in the other games when. OT only did he have juice. It also had perimeter shooters.

dylankerouac
06-21-2013, 12:14 AM
It was great team defense that shut Tony down. He couldn't even get an unguarded mid range shot when he did decide to take one. Aside from that the whole team turned away from the mid range game, I understand that it's a lower percentage shot but we saw our guys able to hit mid range shots during all the previous playoff rounds and during the regular season.

Completely shutting down that aspect of the game only made it easier for the Heat. On the other end, tonight the Heat had to step up and make those mid-range shots and they did. More importantly, they had the balls to put up those types of shots confidently.

Darius McCrary
06-21-2013, 12:15 AM
Again, cause and effect

Maybe Pop should have ran Parker off ball more with LeBron guarding him, instead of making Parker go straight at lebron.

apalisoc_9
06-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Tony is what i would consider a star player but definitely not a superstar. it's pretty common for star player to be shut down tbh. He only took 12 shoots this game too so he obviously adjusted.

Miami just won the game.