PDA

View Full Version : Market value of Tiago, Manu and Neal

timmy2003
06-20-2013, 11:54 PM
Please estimate how much they are worth at this stage of their career.
Tiago: 30-35 millions for 4 years
Neal: 6m for 2 years
Manu: 12m for 2 years

caŽlo
06-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Manu needs to fucking retire

SpurOutofTownFan
06-21-2013, 12:02 AM
Manu needs to fucking retire

lol

Richie
06-21-2013, 12:03 AM
Manu: 12m for 2 years

What are you smoking? I want Manu back but not at that price. We need to get a free agent here.

I think he'll get MLE money, but he really needs to take the Room Exception (5m/2yr) so we can have 11m+ for a free agent.

cjw
06-21-2013, 12:04 AM
Replace Neal's salary there for Manu. 2 years / 3 million per with a player option in the second year is about right. Exactly what Ray Allen took.

Though if Ray wants to opt out and join us...

timmy2003
06-21-2013, 12:06 AM
What are you smoking? I want Manu back but not at that price. We need to get a free agent here.

I think he'll get MLE money, but he really needs to take the Room Exception (5m/2yr) so we can have 11m+ for a free agent.
I was talking about his market value ( the price other teams are willing to pay based on his overall skills and experience ) not the price Spurs going to re-sign him.

Richie
06-21-2013, 12:10 AM
I was talking about his market value ( the price other teams are willing to pay based on his overall skills and experience ) not the price Spurs going to re-sign him.

Honestly, I don't see any team watching this playoffs and offering him $6m per. He was pretty awful for the entire run, with a few nice moments.

I just hope the Spurs don't overpay him on a loyalty contract.

Dverde
06-21-2013, 12:15 AM
Manu - 2 years for 8M is the most, Tiago more like 28M for 4 years, need to let Neal go and sign a new SG who can drive and kick like Manu/Parker

timmy2003
06-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Honestly, I don't see any team watching this playoffs and offering him $6m per. He was pretty awful for the entire run, with a few nice moments.

I just hope the Spurs don't overpay him on a loyalty contract.
Despite his aweful performance in the playoff, he was still the third or fourth scoring option and played 30 mins per game. I don't see how he is able to adapt to a smaller and changing role next year.

Nathan89
06-21-2013, 12:22 AM
If I was Boston I would rather have Tiago on a more reasonable contract than Deandre Jordan. His market value could get us a nice oldie if Duncan could accept KG on the team.

freetiago
06-21-2013, 12:24 AM
Ginobili has 0 leverage now
its either retire or take what the Spurs offer
i dont see any team offering Ginobili a contract right now unless its a vet min after this Finals performance

Spurs Brazil
06-22-2013, 06:15 AM
Pay Tiago more than 5m a year is too much. If he wants more I'd rather look at other options. Actually the 1st thing Spurs should do is see what Manu wants.

Cut Bonner to save money.

The perfect scenario for me would be sign Milsap and keep Manu. If, after that, they can keep Neal, it'd be a bonus

Russo21
06-22-2013, 06:43 AM
Tiago 4 years-35 million? lol :lol I take turds that are stronger then that soft piece of shit. He lost so much value playing like a soft prissy little pansy against the weak Miami frontline he can GTFO for all I care. Stupid soft bitch should be in the WNBA. And Manu 2 years-12 million? For an old injury prone turnover machine that puts up brickfests? Fuck no. Give him the VET minimum or something or he can get fucked. Stupid South American poofters.

kobyz
06-22-2013, 07:06 AM
we should keep Tiago but not more than 6m per year(i don't see teams offer him huge contract or him wanting to go to rebuilding situation), i think he could improve and be a better player next season if putting work on the summer, should work on his technique with the ball and looking the game in more of spontaneous way.
Gino should be offer somthing between 2m - 4m but you could ask him to be generous and sign for the vet min.
Neal i want to keep with 2 years 4m.
too bad Diaw take almost 5m in cap space(suppose he exploit his option), it's too much for his production and also if we get Milsap he doesn't have much worth and use.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Tiago 4 years-35 million? lol :lol I take turds that are stronger then that soft piece of shit. He lost so much value playing like a soft prissy little pansy against the weak Miami frontline he can GTFO for all I care. Stupid soft bitch should be in the WNBA. And Manu 2 years-12 million? For an old injury prone turnover machine that puts up brickfests? Fuck no. Give him the VET minimum or something or he can get fucked. Stupid South American poofters.Bingo.
Pay Tiago more than 5m a year is too much. If he wants more I'd rather look at other options. Actually the 1st thing Spurs should do is see what Manu wants.

Cut Bonner to save money.

The perfect scenario for me would be sign Milsap and keep Manu. If, after that, they can keep Neal, it'd be a bonusWhy does everyone keep insisting on Paul Millsap? The guy is a fuc*ing midget. He will win us some regular season games but come playoff time, if we run into a big team like the Clippers, Lakers, Grizzlies, or Nuggets, then the Spurs will pay the consequences of having an undersized big man. Then Millsap will be on the trading block or in Pop's dog house the following year because Pop hates undersized big men. Just ask Malik Rose and Dejuan Blair.

Russ
06-22-2013, 11:21 AM
The silver lining of the Finals was that none of these three played up to their standards.

Hopefully, that will keep their market value down.

I think the Spurs need to keep all three.

Xevious
06-22-2013, 11:33 AM
People like to dog on Tiago for his finals performance, but are forgetting the strong season he had. We aren't going to find another PF/C with his level of production in free agency or the draft, especially for his price. Resigning him is a no brainer. You all will be asking for him back when the Spurs run into the Lakers or Grizzlies again in the PO.

As for Manu, offer him the min out of loyalty. If he doesn't take it, he'll retire probably.

Neal is a streaky shooter that plays below average defense and could be replaced. So if they sign him for cheap, fine.