PDA

View Full Version : I'm not even mad.

chapnis
06-21-2013, 12:12 AM
I thought I'd be sad, disappointing and depressed if the Spurs lost, and yeah, it sucks. But, the Heat are an amazing basketball team, there's no shame in losing to them. Kawhi Leonard played his ass off and there's 10 years of him to come.

In a way, now that's it over, it's in the past and it's a wee bit easier moving on with my life now that I'm not worrying about the Spurs.

superjames1992
06-21-2013, 12:12 AM
I thought I'd be sad, disappointing and depressed if the Spurs lost, and yeah, it sucks. But, the Heat are an amazing basketball team, there's no shame in losing to them. Kawhi Leonard played his ass off and there's 10 years of him to come.

In a way, now that's it over, it's in the past and it's a wee bit easier moving on with my life now that I'm not worrying about the Spurs.
I feel the same way, tbh. I'm sad, but I'm not mad. I'll be over it tomorrow for the most part.

InRareForm
06-21-2013, 12:14 AM
don't worry, 5-10 years this series will forever haunt us, but we will remember the 4 championships the big 3 moreso down the line in the future.

EIC
Ditto. Game 6 took it all out of me. Was mostly numb for Game 7. Got a little bit of a rapid heartbeat when it was tight late in the fourth, but always figured the Heat would find a way to win it.

Richie
Honestly, I never felt we were really in the game. We never got any separation and I just never really believed the Spurs would pull it off during the game. Obviously I hoped, but they really didn't look like they had much left.

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 12:18 AM
I'm more depressed than mad. I knew after Game 6 the chances were slim to none. Also, shout out to Danny Green, Pop, and Manu for costing Timmy #5.

TheGoldStandard
06-21-2013, 12:20 AM
It stings really hard, my wife cried and I felt torn up inside. Kawhi Leonard is our future and you have to think that a lot of the team is hurting worse.. Just disappointed at the result as they were so close. I see a lot of changes happening in the off season, not so much because of this but because of cap space and age.

mexicanjunior
There is definitely shame in being part of the biggest finals collapse in NBA history...game 6 will be a career definer and something that will haunt this franchise forever.

chapnis
I think missing game 6 probably worked in my favour. I probably couldn't have handled that shit.

Dverde
06-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Really the Spurs had no business beating this team. The talent advantage is huge and LeBron got over his chocking the year before with OKC/Celtics. Going into the playoffs they were talking like they wouldn't lose a game in the entire playoffs. We played really well and scared the crap out of their fans. Refs didn't screw us too badly. I thought they would be much worse for game 6 and 7. Spurs man'd up and played a solid game 7. This will always be heat's fan favorite series to watch back. We made OKC from last year look like garbage.

chapnis
06-21-2013, 12:21 AM
There is definitely shame in being part of the biggest finals collapse in NBA history...game 6 will be a career definer and something that will haunt this franchise forever.

No it won't. It will be a what could have been but will never overshadow the success of the Spurs. The thing it will define is this era being called the Kobe era instead of the Duncan era.

Doe
06-21-2013, 12:24 AM
Not mad but disappointed. On the other hand I'm psyched as hell about Kawhi Leonard. He's a star in the making and the biggest stage of the game only caused him to rise to the challenge. It will be a treat watching him develop.

SpurPadre
06-21-2013, 12:26 AM
Really the Spurs had no business beating this team. The talent advantage is huge and LeBron got over his chocking the year before with OKC/Celtics. Going into the playoffs they were talking like they wouldn't lose a game in the entire playoffs. We played really well and scared the crap out of their fans. Refs didn't screw us too badly. I thought they would be much worse for game 6 and 7. Spurs man'd up and played a solid game 7. This will always be heat's fan favorite series to watch back. We made OKC from last year look like garbage.

No, the Heat had no business winning the title because of our Game 6 chokejob. The talent advantage is theirs but in terms of game tactics and coaching, we have the upper hand.

dav4463
06-21-2013, 12:28 AM
We lost to the best team money could buy.

Borosai
06-21-2013, 12:29 AM
Well, I've been mad since Tuesday. Oh well.

Arcadian
06-21-2013, 12:32 AM
It's funny. I always used to wonder what it feels like to lose a Game 7 of the Finals. I used to think it must be awful - it must be the worst way to lose, getting to the last possible game and still losing.

But it doesn't feel nearly as bad as I thought it would. We still made it to the last possible game. Either way, both teams are done for the year. They got the trophy and we didn't. Whatever. The Heat were lucky to survive game 6.

We still have a great core with Duncan/Parker/Leonard. Until Tim retires, this team remains a contender every year. Next year, our guys will be motivated more than ever before. I have a feeling we'll be back next year...and if so, we won't lose again.

The thing it will define is this era being called the Kobe era instead of the Duncan era.

No, I still think it's the Duncan era. And I still think he's getting #5.

HI-FI
The reason I am at peace with this series is for 2 reasons. 1)the officiating was actually decent for the most part and I couldn't ask for more, just a chance from above. IT's our fault we lost, so i don't see that as tragic, just more ridiculous.

2)This series validated certain issues or problems I was having with certain people. But the fact it came at the expense of Timmy getting his fifth ring is what sucks. I was really hoping I would be proven wrong so Timmy could ring again. That was more important.

gameFACE
I'm disappointed but no where near devastated or thinking this will haunt me or the Spurs for years to come.

Nathan89
06-21-2013, 12:33 AM
I'm more at ease now than I was at the end of last game. I guess because it's final.

The Whopper
06-21-2013, 12:34 AM
I think we are all glad to not have anxiety any more. That sucked.

deibero
06-21-2013, 12:41 AM
i am so relieved this was over with and happy to see the classy spurs hugging heat players and moving on...

i was at game 6 and it was the most depressing thing you can imagine...i had nightmares for two nights...

for some reason this loss just gave me my life back... i have so much pride for this team that it really doesnt bother me that they didnt come out on top!

Chinook
06-21-2013, 12:42 AM
I actually feel pretty meh about the whole thing. I mean, what really was the difference between the Spurs winning or losing this game? I guess I would be going to be parade if they had won, but besides that, it makes very little difference to me. I don't support the Spurs to have bragging rights, so really, I don't take any satisfaction for them winning rings. I watch the them for entertainment, and they gave me a great series. I'm once again happy that I'm a Spurs fan, and that's really the best thing the team can ever really do for him.

MeloHype
06-21-2013, 12:44 AM
I was raging the whole 4th quarter, im now in the depressed stage, denial is next