PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green postgame interview

DMX7
06-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Ouch, he's beating himself up hard. Played well in game 1-5. Pop should have realized he didn't have it early in game 7. Stupid move.

timtonymanu
06-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Rough ending, but I'm proud of him. The Heat took advantage of his weakness, but you could tell he really wanted to win.

Budkin
06-21-2013, 12:21 AM
He'll continue to improve... we've got a nice little youth movement in him and Kawhi.

HI-FI
06-21-2013, 12:22 AM
i can't even shit on him. he nailed so many timely 3s for us. i feel sorry for the guy. why Pop kept playing him when you could tell he was starting to crack, i'll never know.

ElNono
He made a name for himself, and I'm sure with the help of the vets, he'll bounce back... he has to keep growing and working on improving his game, but he's an asset to this team.

mexicanjunior
This wasn't his fault...he should work on his dribble and floater during the off-season. He has a chance to be a solid 2 guard.

DubMcDub
06-21-2013, 12:23 AM
Tough to watch that post-game interview. Ouch.

HarlemHeat37
06-21-2013, 12:23 AM
Ya, he looked like he wants to kill himself, tbh..

Can't blame the nigga for Miami exposing his weaknesses..he showed up in the playoffs on both ends of the floor..he needs to keep working hard and use this as motivation..

spursmvp
06-21-2013, 12:24 AM
Ouch, he's beating himself up hard. Played well in game 1-5. Pop should have realized he didn't have it early in game 7. Stupid move.

Who would you have wanted pop to play? Tmac never scored even in garbage time in all our games. Neal wasn't much better. I think Green was also sick. Green needs to work on a two point game in the off season. Even a gary neal level midrange game would be great.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
He'll work his butt off this off-season and be more motivated next year.

UZER
Pop should have pulled the plug on him early.

DPG21920
At least he has the mentality to take blame, even if its not true.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
Who would you have wanted pop to play? Tmac never scored even in garbage time in all our games. Neal wasn't much better. I think Green was also sick. Green needs to work on a two point game in the off season. Even a gary neal level midrange game would be great.

For the last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter I wanted to see Parker, Ginobili, Leonard, Diaw, and Duncan.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-21-2013, 12:25 AM

A certain part of the organization could learn that, and that person might be the head coach.

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 12:25 AM
I have no sympathy for that dude right now. Even if you go 1-19 in the last two games (which is unbelievable btw), at least don't be dumb and turn the damn ball over every time you dribble. Or dribble baseline right into traps. And he does it over and over! He literally makes the same mistakes over and over. It's crazy.

timtonymanu
06-21-2013, 12:26 AM
I have no sympathy for that dude right now. Even if you go 1-19 in the last two games (which is unbelievable btw), at least don't be dumb and turn the damn ball over every time you dribble. Or dribble baseline right into traps. And he does it over and over! He literally makes the same mistakes over and over. It's crazy.

You are one of the worst posters on the forum anyway. Constantly counting out your own team and cliff-jumping at every opportunity.

mr poop
He did his share in the series, but tonight pop should have pulled him

Juggity
Honestly, even though Green couldn't buy a bucket late in this series, this guy was on all kinds of fucking fire for about 60% of this series. You can't overstate how important that was to taking this series to 7 games. Without green, it might've ended like OKC's finals exit last year.

I'm proud of him. Good attitude. Good work ethic. Keep at it dude.

HI-FI
06-21-2013, 12:27 AM

niggaPG with the goods.

Pop's drunken, fake modesty shit gets old. I hope this is the game where people really start to hold him accountable.

you should send DG a tweet. I would but I'm not on there. Just show some support or love, I really don't blame him for tonight.

Darius McCrary
Makes me like him even more tbh.

He's part of this team's future. I only wish we had signed him up for more than 3 years.

BatManu20
You are one of the worst posters on the forum anyway. Constantly counting out your own team and cliff-jumping at every opportunity.

Lol okay kid.

LongtimeSpursFan
06-21-2013, 12:28 AM

I don't understand peoples logic. Can't play Green because he was struggling. Don't want Neal because he can't play D or shoots too many shots. Take out Manu because he is turning the ball over. Well who the heck is there left on the bench? TMac? Coach has gotta play players that got him there. Either they perform or they don't.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-21-2013, 12:28 AM

you are unbelievable really - in another thread 2 minutes ago you defended Parker and ripped everyone else.

in this thread you are blaming Green. Seriously get a grip.

timtonymanu
06-21-2013, 12:29 AM
Lol okay kid.

Because you know it's true. Really painful reading all your takes during the playoffs. :lol

Atl Spur
06-21-2013, 12:30 AM
He is not mentally tough......that can't be taught!!! You have it or you don't! Period!!

EIC
06-21-2013, 12:30 AM
For the last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter I wanted to see Parker, Ginobili, Leonard, Diaw, and Duncan.

Best lineup was Duncan, Diaw, Leonard, Neal, Ginobili.

Parker and Green were black holes all night.

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 12:31 AM
Because you know it's true. Really painful reading all your takes during the playoffs. :lol

Lol okay kid.

HarlemHeat37

:lmao:lmao my nigga, tbh..

Atl Spur
Kawhi has it; green's bodey language told the story!

Atl Spur
06-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Diaw 13 mins....why?

mikec
Very pleased with what Danny was able to give us these Finals. He'll get better. Can't wait to see where he'll go next year.

TheGoldStandard
According to KSAT Danny Green was playing ill. I won't shit on him, he played as well as we could have expected out of him for most of the series.. He needs to work on his dribble and pull up when they take away the 3.. He also needs to work on laying the ball up.

Atl Spur
06-21-2013, 12:33 AM
Very pleased with what Danny was able to give us these Finals. He'll get better. Can't wait to see where he'll go next year.

I wouldn't bet on it.

The Whopper
We love Danny but he was way above his ability for a while. Having to rely on role players is no way to win a Finals.

td4mvp21
He really shouldn't be so hard on himself.

SenorSpur
06-21-2013, 12:34 AM
We all cracked on Danny Green pretty hard and he deserved it. He was so awful in the OKC series that he was benched by Pop. He's a completely different player now. He saved the Spurs asses in this series with this superb shooting. Before the series started, if someone told me that Green would break the record for 3-pt FGs in an NBA Finals series, I wouldn't have believed it. This kid has a bright future with this organization and I'm not going to bag on him for a poor Game 6 & 7.

Boomersgold
Diaw 13 mins....why?
I thought he played really well when he was on the floor, but apparently, his plus/minus wasn't so good.

Doe
While he looked like he was summoning the ghost of Nick Anderson, I still can't hate. Not even sure the Spurs get this far if not for his amazing shooting in the earlier games.

Flawless
06-21-2013, 12:35 AM
Where is the video at?

Chinook
06-21-2013, 12:35 AM
We've seen this from him before. First was his tweet after the WCF last year and then it was his tweet after that Jazz game this season. He takes it on himself when the team loses. That's a mentality that many stars needs to take, and he's just a role-player. Last year, he worked on his game to be more open on the three-point line and to make shots under pressure. Now, he needs to get a successful inside game to prevent hard close-outs. I feel confident that he'll use this as good motivation to become a more-complete player. I'm still very excited about him.

That being said, his birthday party is going to be awfully sad now. I doubt he feels right until October.

DPG21920
06-21-2013, 12:36 AM
niggaPG with the goods.

Pop's drunken, fake modesty shit gets old. I hope this is the game where people really start to hold him accountable.

you should send DG a tweet. I would but I'm not on there. Just show some support or love, I really don't blame him for tonight.

Done :tu

TD 21
06-21-2013, 12:37 AM
He obviously tried to do too much off the dribble, but the shooting regression was inevitable, particularly with the Heat locked in on him the past two games . . . but I mostly give him a free pass and the same with Neal.

They were not winning this game no matter what, but I'm far more disappointed in Parker and I'm flat out disgusted with Pop and Splitter.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2013, 12:38 AM

I kind of feel this is what killed him tonight though. I saw Danny Green try to do way too much tonight. He put too much of it on himself. Everytime he put the ball on the floor something bad happened. Its important for role players to not try to do too much and tonight Danny Green tried to do too much.

I still love the dude and obviously not his fault we lost the series. I just feel going foward it is important for DG to know what his role is and to play within himself.

Whisky Dog
Danny Green played all out for this series and the only reason the Spurs were in a game 7 had a whole lot to do with Danny Green playing lights out for long stretches. Proud of the man for what he accomplished this post season and series

apalisoc_9
Danny gave us what we didn't expect from him.

Sure he had a terrible game 6-7. He's a role player that has made a name for himself..rember we were shitting on this guy before the play-offs started.

He's a good player. Shot when you're open and continue improving.

Atl Spur
Everyone is sad when faced with disappointment a true warrior makes a weakness a strength

SpurPadre
06-21-2013, 12:39 AM
He'll continue to improve... we've got a nice little youth movement in him and Kawhi.

I want him on the team long term but I wonder if he may be better suited as a great 6th man in the long run, where he could be a fixture sixth-man of the year candidate in the league? I mean, I'm not sure he can improve too much in terms of athleticism and finishing at the rim.

hommeaetage
He obviously tried to do too much off the dribble, but the shooting regression was inevitable, particularly with the Heat locked in on him the past two games . . . but I mostly give him a free pass and the same with Neal.

They were not winning this game no matter what, but I'm far more disappointed in Parker and I'm flat out disgusted with Pop and Splitter.

Diaw should have been on the floor in the last 8 min of the game

TheGoldStandard
I want him on the team long term but I wonder if he may be better suited as a great 6th man in the long run, where he could be a fixture sixth-man of the year candidate in the league? I mean, I'm not sure he can improve too much in terms of athleticism and finishing at the rim.

He needs a pull up jumper.. a dribble and pull up when they closeout.

Whisky Dog
06-21-2013, 12:40 AM
I kind of feel this is what killed him tonight though. I saw Danny Green try to do way too much tonight. He put too much of it on himself. Everytime he put the ball on the floor something bad happened. Its important for role players to not try to do too much and tonight Danny Green tried to do too much.

I still love the dude and obviously not his fault we lost the series. I just feel going foward it is important for DG to know what his role is and to play within himself.

The guy who REALLY needs to hear that and take it to heart is Manu. TD realized he wasn't the same player a couple seasons ago and adjusted his game to play within what he's capable of doing now. Manu has declined so badly but refuses to realize that he can't be 2005 finals Manu anymore. That was a huge problem this series and if he doesn't retire he needs to find what role he can play going forward and play within it.

Darius McCrary
06-21-2013, 12:41 AM
:lmao:lmao my nigga, tbh..

tbh you are like the Mario Chalmers of spurstalk tbh
You get so overly confident about posts they end up becoming true

Atl Spur
06-21-2013, 12:41 AM
To aknowledge a weakness is one thing making that very weakness a strength is another.

DPG21920
06-21-2013, 12:42 AM

Fair enough but IMO title teams need role players with his mentality. Not looking at just this game, dude broke the NBA finals record for 3's which allowed game 6 to happen. Spurs should be champs.

Darius McCrary
06-21-2013, 12:42 AM
We all cracked on Danny Green pretty hard and he deserved it. He was so awful in the OKC series that he was benched by Pop. He's a completely different player now. He saved the Spurs asses in this series with this superb shooting. Before the series started, if someone told me that Green would break the record for 3-pt FGs in an NBA Finals series, I wouldn't have believed it. This kid has a bright future with this organization and I'm not going to bag on him for a poor Game 6 & 7.
Thank you for talking some sense.

Harry Callahan
06-21-2013, 12:43 AM
DG was ill according the Express News before the game. That may explain why he struggled.

Atl Spur
06-21-2013, 12:44 AM

He doesn't play with a killer instinct; Manu HAD it kawhi will continue to hone in on his as time continue to pass

Ibleedslvrnblk
06-21-2013, 12:44 AM
I cannot watch it. I turned the game off with 25 seconds left. I am surprised I am even here tonight. If not for Danny Green this game would have never happened. Thank you Danny Green sorry your finals performance will be overshadowed by a bunch of primadonnas. You are what hard work, persistence, and real love of the game is all about. Your story should be told to every little boy and girl out there that do no think they have a chance or have been told they are not good enough.

UZER
06-21-2013, 12:47 AM
DG was ill according the Express News before the game. That may explain why he struggled.

Hey hey, no excuses. If Dwyane wade can play on a prosthetic leg, then Danny has no excuses. *blue font*

Chinook
06-21-2013, 12:47 AM

I think it was a little bit of that but mainly just him not being able to get comfortable. The team should've made a better effort to get him going by running a play or two to get him good looks. His one made three was what he had to make for himself off a rebound. I thought Parker in particular tried to do too much by constantly driving into the lane and getting blocked rather than finding Green on the plays where he was actually wide open. That's the way the system is supposed to work. Because Parker didn't do that, Green had to try harder to be a factor and failed. Had they been on the same page, they both would've been more successful.

siraulo23
06-21-2013, 12:48 AM
He more than did his part, we needed tony

spurtech09
06-21-2013, 12:49 AM
:rolleyes
Ouch, he's beating himself up hard. Played well in game 1-5. Pop should have realized he didn't have it early in game 7. Stupid move.:rolleyes

Harry Callahan
06-21-2013, 12:50 AM
It's not an excuse on Green being sick...... It's an explanation. We don't know what was going on with him yet.

This is an agonizing deal for everybody here.

That team worked its butt off all year long and was within an eyelash of winning it all. That's the horrible thing about it. They were good enough to win it and didn't.

ElNono
06-21-2013, 12:53 AM
niggaPG with the goods.

Just sent it...

coachmac87
06-21-2013, 01:03 AM
Miami exposing his weakness? This fool broke the record with 3pters. That's what he does shoot 3's and play defense. Miami knew that coming into this series but didn't think he'd perform like he did. If it wasn't for Danny Green we may not have had a chance to play game 7. He's one if the best shooters in the league. Period!!

Capt Bringdown
06-21-2013, 01:06 AM
Green pulled a Manu in other words.

SayTown
06-21-2013, 01:09 AM
Manu and Sean love to say it, regression to the mean

MannyIsGod
06-21-2013, 01:11 AM
Fair enough but IMO title teams need role players with his mentality. Not looking at just this game, dude broke the NBA finals record for 3's which allowed game 6 to happen. Spurs should be champs.

Yeah DG had an amazing series. AMAZING. I just feel tonight he tried too hard. No blame on him though, AFAIC.

carina_gino20
06-21-2013, 01:22 AM

Done. He gave us more than we ever expected from him this postseason.

Darius McCrary
06-21-2013, 01:23 AM
ughhhh

I just saw Duncan's post game finally.

much much much much worse and depressing than Green's. Just....wow. Keep your head high, Timmy.

J_Paco
06-21-2013, 01:25 AM
Hoping Danny's teammates pick him up and help him realize that it wasn't anyone person's fault they lost. Miami was just too good when they needed to be and the Spurs weren't good enough, sadly. They still had a great season and Green truly earned his spot as a starter and contributor.

baseline bum
06-21-2013, 01:28 AM
'Eh, Green almost saved the season with that incredible turnover he forced on LeBron's breakaway layup in OT. I think after a night's sleep he'll realize how amazing he has been for the team.

ironman2886
06-21-2013, 01:42 AM
The postgame interviews are finally up on the Spurs main site. Danny was hard to watch. I'm so proud of Kawhi and Leonard for having excellent finals' performances.

Chinook
06-21-2013, 01:43 AM
The postgame interviews are finally up on the Spurs main site. Danny was hard to watch. I'm so proud of Kawhi and Leonard for having excellent finals' performances.

I got a laugh out of that.

3 Legged Dog
06-21-2013, 01:47 AM
Wasn't his fault? Are you kidding me? He flat out SHIT himself in games 6 and 7.

Rudy T once said, "never underestimate the heart of a champion." Danny Green is not an assassin. Not built for the pressure.

Danny, Pop and Manu shit the bed.

ironman2886
06-21-2013, 01:47 AM
I got a laugh out of that.
Lol. My bad. Of course I meant green.

DMX7
06-21-2013, 01:50 AM
Danny's was tougher to watch than Timmy.

Ice009
06-21-2013, 01:51 AM
I just watched the start of it and then stopped. Couldn't watch it anymore. Very tough on himself.

Chinook
06-21-2013, 01:52 AM
I'm watching the Green press conference now. He's definitely bummed, but I think he has a good handle on things. He knows he wasn't good enough to be the player he feels he can be. He wants to get better, and that has served him well so far, and it will continue to do so in the future.

Sean Cagney
06-21-2013, 01:52 AM
He is not mentally tough......that can't be taught!!! You have it or you don't! Period!!

LIKE I said THAT IT OR NOT! THAT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

peacemaker885
06-21-2013, 01:56 AM
Fell bad for DG. You can feel even from the pre game interview that he's unsure of himself. He's aware of his limitations being a streaky shooter. He knows that he's due for a couple of bad games and I'm guessing that just took him out. This should be mitivation for him to get better.

Tim_duncan21
06-21-2013, 02:00 AM
He did great this series. Too bad he was not able to carry that hot streak in games 6 and 7.

3 Legged Dog
06-21-2013, 02:07 AM
2 for 19 (in games 6 & 7) when the real pressure arrived. Dude shit the bed.

he can't dribble for shit. When he tries to dunk he usually gets blocked by the rim. And other than shooting 3s, his offense is horrid.

get him some depends

SA210
06-21-2013, 02:08 AM

UZER
06-21-2013, 02:11 AM
^^^he should've, but I'm not mad at green. He definitely brought more to the table this series that was expected of him.

crc21209
06-21-2013, 02:12 AM
Both Danny and Kawhi's postgames were heart warming and hard to watch. They both looked like they been crying. That made me feel like we really do have some great guys. You can tell they wanted it bad and arent just there for the "money." The future is bright for us Spurs fans with these two. I am damn proud of them..

baseline bum
06-21-2013, 02:17 AM

For who? McGrady who moves like he's 42? CoJo who can't hit a jumpshot? Even when he isn't hitting shots Green is an outstanding transition defender. It's not like we're talking Richard Jefferson who was unable to do anything other than hit the three.

You roll with what got you there; especially when there is no other serious option anyways.

DeadlyDynasty
06-21-2013, 02:19 AM
I gotta see this interview...I thought TD's was tough to watch but your reactions tell me this is even worse

koriwhat
06-21-2013, 02:20 AM
where are y'all seeing these videos at?

InK
DG came through for us. Can't ask more from a role player then what Danny did for us in this series.

perfectdark
I blame pop for overusing him
and taking him out after he scored his only 3.....

Chinook
06-21-2013, 02:24 AM
For who? McGrady who moves like he's 42? CoJo who can't hit a jumpshot? Even when he isn't hitting shots Green is an outstanding transition defender. It's not like we're talking Richard Jefferson who was unable to do anything other than hit the three.

You roll with what got you there; especially when there is no other serious option anyways.

Exactly. People overlook that Green gave the Spurs a chance to win at the end of overtime in Game 6 with his defense on James. Had the Spurs won that game, that play would have been shown for years.

TE
06-21-2013, 02:25 AM
Damn. That was tough to watch. Manu's was also tough to watch.

Darius McCrary
06-21-2013, 02:27 AM

Blows my mind people think otherwise...I'm beginning to think 60% of the Spurs Forum are trolls....

InK
06-21-2013, 02:31 AM
Exactly. People overlook that Green gave the Spurs a chance to win at the end of overtime in Game 6 with his defense on James. Had the Spurs won that game, that play would have been shown for years.

He was just amazing for the majority of the games. TD getting the ball in great spots in game 6 in first half, is a bi product of the Heat defense having to shadow Green on the 3pt line as well. He was amazing, and hopefully he just continues to improve (like Kawhi)

Stabula
06-21-2013, 02:33 AM
What did Green say that was so suicidal? I didn't see the post-game coverage.

baseline bum
06-21-2013, 02:35 AM

Watching Tim's presser convinced me that I should never watch any of the other players' for this game.

KaiRMD1
06-21-2013, 02:36 AM
Danny Green was great in this series and when Duncan didn't show up, Danny Green did so my hats off to this guy tbh.

InK
06-21-2013, 02:37 AM
Watching Tim's presser convinced me that I should never watch any of the other players' for this game.

What happened? I watched all of em but Tim's, to hard atm.

baseline bum
06-21-2013, 02:39 AM
What happened? I watched all of em but Tim's, to hard atm.

Tim basically said the layup he missed on Battier will haunt him the rest of his life.

Chinook
06-21-2013, 02:41 AM

Nothing really. People are overreacting. He just took an unfairly large portion of the blame. I feel bad that he's so down after having a great overall series (he pretty much dismissed that when a reporter brought it up), but I'm glad he's owning the loss. That's the mentality of someone who wants to be a leader. He truly thinks his play not only can, but should affect the outcome of the game, which is not something often attributed to role-players. Even if he never develops into a star, Green is about to move up the NBA ladder to be a main impact player.

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 02:41 AM
Danny Green taking loss hard: "You've got to come to play and I didn't. I let Timmy, Manu, & Pop down."

Danny Green: "I didn’t come to play tonight and help my teammates out. I left them out to dry. I let Timmy, Manu & Pop down.”

carina_gino20
06-21-2013, 02:42 AM
Tim basically said the layup he missed on Battier will haunt him the rest of his life.

Felt so sad for TD. Danny's was difficult to watch, too.

MeloHype
06-21-2013, 02:44 AM
I cried a little watching Duncan's postgame :cry

Stabula
06-21-2013, 02:44 AM
Danny Green taking loss hard: "You've got to come to play and I didn't. I let Timmy, Manu, & Pop down."

Danny Green: "I didn’t come to play tonight and help my teammates out. I left them out to dry. I let Timmy, Manu & Pop down.”

Ha I notice he left out Tony. He knows Tony didn't show up tonight either.

Chinook
06-21-2013, 02:48 AM

That's telling. I think Green knows Ginobili tried to get him going by passing him the ball (albeit in poor position to get off a good shot) and Green just couldn't hit. That wasn't the same for Parker, who was clearly not happy with Green all series. Tony ignoring his shooters so much contributed to the loss as much as anything else.

Still, Ginobili let everyone down, too. Actually, I think when all is said and done and the team meets to have dinner in a couple of days/weeks, the blame will even out, and they'll all be stronger for it. They may not get another chance at a ring, but their characters will be stronger.

MeloHype
06-21-2013, 02:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq7KyC5HA6o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOpSJg59r3o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAUv3rRuJTM

Can't find Greens

circ
06-21-2013, 03:13 AM
Ha I notice he left out Tony. He knows Tony didn't show up tonight either.

nvm

InK
06-21-2013, 03:21 AM

Anyone who makes a statement like that is someone you go to war with. Specially after a phenomenal series he had. Good kid, glad we have him for a few more years.

sammy
06-21-2013, 03:45 AM
Wasn't his fault? Are you kidding me? He flat out SHIT himself in games 6 and 7.

Rudy T once said, "never underestimate the heart of a champion." Danny Green is not an assassin. Not built for the pressure.

Danny, Pop and Manu shit the bed.

Hey dumbass! Danny carried us throughout these playoffs with his shooting! Did you even watch the game tonight! Manu played well tonight! The loss is on Pop, Parker (no show), Neal & Splitter!

sammy
06-21-2013, 03:47 AM
Anyone who makes a statement like that is someone you go to war with. Specially after a phenomenal series he had. Good kid, glad we have him for a few more years.

I agree! Love u Danny!

InK
06-21-2013, 03:47 AM
Timmy vid was brutal, don't recommend watching if u still heartbroken.

smaka
06-21-2013, 04:42 AM
I admit I was mad as hell at him during the game, because of all the floaters and threes he missed...

But now that I've slept on it... He became helluva player in a couple of years. He went from being a scrub that was cut off so many times, to playing in Slovenia (where, to be honest, he wasn't outstanding), to being a starter in a classy organisation of the San Antonio Spurs.
Last year, he couldn't buy a shot in WCF, he took the blame and got better. This year, he was on fire for 4 games, but not only in this series. He saved Spurs' ass a couple of times, sadly, the Heat have figured him out for the last games.

But... I believe this will only motivate him to get better during summer, to work on his ball handling and finishing at the rim. He will come back stronger next year.

eds
06-21-2013, 05:17 AM
i am very proud of him and also kawhi

spursparker9
06-21-2013, 05:41 AM
Where is Green and Leonard post game video?

-21-
06-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Very proud of Danny. He did more than his share in the Finals, tbh. I'm glad we have him.

Dex
06-21-2013, 10:23 AM

Less Green would've meant more Neal. If we are going to have someone on the floor who can't hit a shot, we might as well go with the one who can at least play defense.

Baam
06-21-2013, 10:25 AM
That's telling. I think Green knows Ginobili tried to get him going by passing him the ball (albeit in poor position to get off a good shot) and Green just couldn't hit. That wasn't the same for Parker, who was clearly not happy with Green all series. Tony ignoring his shooters so much contributed to the loss as much as anything else.

Still, Ginobili let everyone down, too. Actually, I think when all is said and done and the team meets to have dinner in a couple of days/weeks, the blame will even out, and they'll all be stronger for it. They may not get another chance at a ring, but their characters will be stronger.

Lol Tony being conservative with his passing was the thing that gave us a chance, he had two pivotal games with ZERO turnover that were right there for the taking.

BillMc
06-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Man, so tough for Danny.

ducks
06-21-2013, 10:40 AM
dude needs to work on a 18 pull up jump shot this summer
a floater would be nice to
glad he is tough on himself now get in the gym and improve:hat

boutons_deux
06-21-2013, 10:40 AM
We used to bitch about, envy the Lakers' swagger.

Heat sure had plenty of swagger, aka self/team confidence, in Game7.

Spurs just never seem to be a swagger, self-confidence group. I don't mean Bosh's yelling, chest beating, LeBron's strutting and numerous monkey faces, just loose-y, goose-y we-can-do-it business-like confidence. Spurs kinda looked beat all Game7, in spite of being right there to the end. Then I think their lack of self-trust and self-confidence got exposed.

--- signed

Dr Phil :)

Darius Bieber
06-21-2013, 11:08 AM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2013/06/21/130621greenmp4-2516126

booonkers
06-21-2013, 11:21 AM
I love Danny Green's attitude. I'm confident he's gonna come back even better next year. I'm excited of the thought of Leonard and Green having another summer of improvement.

Man In Black
06-21-2013, 11:34 AM
I think Danny Green's game has grown so much. My only issue with his play last night is that he followed what Miami gave him to the letter. In short, they wanted him to attack the lane because his 2 point game isn't as much a problem as his 3 point game. I was hoping him & the rest of the team would have made the adjustment and instead of going baseline and then picking up your dribble and getting trapped or taking a weak floater, that he just pass the ball and then cut to the 3 point like ala Dale Ellis, Reggie Miller, or even Craig Hodges...then that would have suited the Spurs better.

SpursChampsIII
06-21-2013, 12:28 PM
You live and die with the three and Danny had a very good season...he didn't lose the Spurs' title...they all did. However, don't go partying with the Heat after the loss...not good judgment.

senorglory
06-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Love Danny Green.

Fuck the rest of you.