PDA

View Full Version : How long will it take you to get over this loss?

chrhawk
06-21-2013, 12:37 AM
Man this is as hurt as I've felt as a non-player with no affiliation with the team could feel after a loss. It might take me a week just to re-watch the game on my DVR tbh.

InRareForm
06-21-2013, 12:38 AM
Going to last a lifetime until next title tbh...

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-21-2013, 12:38 AM
I need a national championship from Oregon football or a Finals championship from SA to take this sting away. Actually, if the SA championship comes after Timmy retires, then it may still sting.

2centsworth
06-21-2013, 12:39 AM
If it takes longer than a week I hear you have psychological issues. I'm not kidding either.

BatManu20
Taking it to my grave tbh. Game 6 anyways.

dbreiden83080
I am over game 7 now I didn't expect them to win but am proud how hard they fought..

Game 6 will stay with me forever.. There is no letting go of it..

Budkin
06-21-2013, 12:40 AM
Game 6 will haunt me forever tbh. This game was just a formality.

Ibleedslvrnblk
I am pretty good. I expected the loss. Game six I had never been so emotionally attached to a game in all my sports. I wanted the Spurs to win not only because I loved them to death, but for the good of basketball. The Heat win to me signifies so much that is wrong with this league. Sure they have the best player in the world and that is a tough hurdle to clear in itself but Ray Allen jumping ship, the Miami 3 how they signed, and how it is being seen in other teams. It is killing the league, small markets and just becoming a soap opera. I loved the Spurs because all they do is ball, not worry about sponsorship deals, being on the big screen and bling bling that shit up.

timmy2003
Until the start of next season.

UZER
06-21-2013, 12:41 AM
Loss? What loss?

AntiChrist
How long will it linger with the players?

MeloHype
Until football starts

TheGoldStandard
I'm already thinking what will happen for this offseason.

Keepin' it real
06-21-2013, 12:42 AM
I'm already over it. I "grieved" (as much as you can given that it's pro sports and not anything really important) for the past two days. In my heart of hearts, I knew there was no way the Spurs could win. I was amazed they hung in until the end. Major props.

caŽlo
got over it really quick.

0.4 , manu foul, kinda numbs you in situations like this, tbh

hommeaetage
I was over once the buzzer sounded and turned off my TV. All I had to do was to remind myself that I have to take my boards in a few weeks

MannyIsGod
I'm already over it. It sucks but I'm damn proud of the team. Plus I've been drinking all night! I got too much good shit in life to dwell on my team coming in 2nd to the best player on the planet.

mexicanjunior
06-21-2013, 12:43 AM
Game 6 and this series will haunt me forever...no getting over it. Nothing but disappointment, pain and regret will be attached to 2013.

timvp
06-21-2013, 12:43 AM
Game 6 isn't something you ever get over, tbh.

coyotes_geek
06-21-2013, 12:44 AM
If it takes longer than a week I hear you have psychological issues. I'm not kidding either.

Truth.

Sucks that we lost, especially with such the blown opportunity in Game 6, but it's just sports.

crc21209
06-21-2013, 12:45 AM
Game 6 will forever haunt me. It could be worse I know, we could be Cubs fans or some shit but still...#5 was 28 seconds, one free throw, or one rebound away....and just like that it was taken away from us. Tim Duncan deserved better, especially with all the shit that happened in his personal life the past months. Life just isnt fair....

Harry Callahan
This one was there for the taking - twice!!!!! They could not get it done. It's a shame.

This one hurts for a long long time........

To lose to a rigged up roided out team is unfortunate.

texmich
Im crushed, just hurts cause I know Duncans basketball time is short n lebitch got a ring off us. So a very long time, I want a rematch so bad

Borosai
The Spurs losing this series, regardless of how they lost it, will have no impact on my life. However, from a fan's point of view, the only thing that will bury this crappy memory is a championship. That's it.

Actually, that's not true. Even if they manage to win another title, I will always think "they gave one away." If they don't win another one, this will probably be my first thought. Such a shame.

HI-FI
06-21-2013, 12:46 AM
depends on how sedated I am, etc.. per par.

if sober, a long time. a very long time. i suppose if they win next year i'll get over it quicker, but I don't see that happening. damn.

ElNono
06-21-2013, 12:47 AM
Game 6 will linger with you... at the same time, I'm already looking forward. This team exceeded all my expectations this season, and despite not getting there, I'm very satisfied on how they did.

Darius McCrary
06-21-2013, 12:48 AM
I'm already over it. We have rings already. This was an awesome journey, and Duncan is ever bit as much of a BAMF as we thought he was.

Kawhi fan
06-21-2013, 12:49 AM
I am over game 7 now I didn't expect them to win but am proud how hard they fought..

This ^^^ Exactly This!!

loveforthegame
06-21-2013, 12:49 AM

TE
06-21-2013, 12:50 AM
tbh

td4mvp21
06-21-2013, 12:51 AM
I think I'll look back on this year forever.

chapnis
06-21-2013, 12:51 AM
IDGAF.

Prime Time
06-21-2013, 12:52 AM
For some reason... I didn't get sad with this loss. I felt like a dying man, and now that it's all over I'm at peace. Spurs put up a heck of a run, and Miami was the better team. Besides, we'll be back next year ;)

Capt Bringdown
06-21-2013, 12:54 AM
New territory as a fan. Not enjoying it right now. A dark place.
Part of me says I wish we would have lost earlier in the playoffs.
To have the championship in the bag and then choke it away...who needs it?
New territory.

SayTown
06-21-2013, 12:57 AM
Im proud of the Spurs this year, I thought last year after winning 20 in a row and losing they were done, only thing that sucks is being the ones who lost to Lebron

007nites
TBH I will never

tony77
It's game 6 that will haunt me, then once I'm over it, ESPN will be there to talk about it. I watched the last 5 minutes of game 7 with the volume on mute

mudyez
06-21-2013, 12:58 AM
I agree that game 6 will hurt a life time...just like .4 and the Dirk+1 do. My friend and I even tortured us with the last 5:30min of it right after game7 (instead of seeing the Heat celebrate).

But the way it went today (Heat just played better and we were fortunate to even keep it close) it will be ok in like 2-3 weeks (I hope).

Furthermore its just too easy to troll "Heat fans" as you can make them out to be Justin Bieber like frontrunners pretty easy. (In all honesty: Do you know one....ONE true Heat fan?).

RD2191
06-21-2013, 12:58 AM
At the end of the day its a game consisting of throwing a ball in a hoop. There's other more important things to worry about in this world. Yes its a huge disappointment and I myself get carried away sometimes but its just a game. Fans of other teams experience what we're experiencing right now every year. Spurs will win again and the Heat will win again. Winning and losing is a part of life. No need to get angry at Heat fans celebrating and cheering for their team no matter how annoying it may be. We celebrated before and one day we will celebrate again.

Capt Bringdown
06-21-2013, 01:04 AM
Ha, just think of Splitter. The media is hyping his blocked dunk as if it was the equivalent of Jordan's jumper over Ehlo. He's going to be seeing that image for the rest of his life.

tim_duncan_fan
06-21-2013, 01:04 AM
Over it. Tim is playing again next year, so I give no fucks.

Just have a good damned offseason and this Finals will fade into irrelevance.

"Remember back in the early twenty-teens when those superstars got together on the Heat and won 3 or 4 championships?"

"Yeah. That was the gayest shit ever. So...what do you think of this guy we just drafted?"

"Not a bad get with the 29th pick. Could be a real find."

Spurs business as usual.

This Finals will hardly be a big deal. The Heat and the "super-friends era" will only matter to ESPN. No one will revere "The Decade That the Super-Stars Quit!"

Budkin
06-21-2013, 01:07 AM
At the end of the day its a game consisting of throwing a ball in a hoop. There's other more important things to worry about in this world. Yes its a huge disappointment and I myself get carried away sometimes but its just a game. Fans of other teams experience what we're experiencing right now every year. Spurs wil win again and the Heat will win again. Winning and losing is a part of life. No need to get angry at Heat fans celebrating and cheering for their team no matter how annoying it may be. We celebrated before and one day we will celebrate again.

Wow rob with the goods. :tu

hooperflash
06-21-2013, 01:10 AM
As many have said, Game 6.

Arc
06-21-2013, 01:15 AM
meh, i'm over it. spurs gave it away, but it also took a miracle (game 6) for the heat to win it.

it's just lebron's time now. maybe leonard becomes the next jordan-esque player and challenges him, maybe no one does. honestly, i really didn't want to go back to the finals because i thought something like this would happen, tainting duncan's perfect record. but then i remembered, even one of the greatest players of all time, bill russell, lost once in the finals.

smaka
06-21-2013, 04:15 AM
Game 6 will haunt me in my worst dreams, I believe. Especially those 28 seconds, when we were so close... but yet so far. For me personally, the 28 seconds were the worst disappointment in my "career" of watching sports. Terrible.

TE
06-21-2013, 04:18 AM
I'm over it, tbh. Sure it stings like hell but what can you do about it?

smaka
06-21-2013, 04:20 AM
I'm over it, tbh. Sure it stings like hell but what can you do about it?

"It's just a ball game" :cry

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 04:20 AM
I will still remember it inside my coffin.

TE
06-21-2013, 04:24 AM
"It's just a ball game" :cry
:lol tbh being a Cowboys fan has desensitized me from watching a team I'm emotionally attached to choke in epic fashion

Bruno
06-21-2013, 04:26 AM
I'm still over it because I've decided not to think about it. Regarding Spurs, I'm now only focused/interested on their off-season and what they will do. With the draft being in one week and the free agency period starting in 10 days, it's not that hard to do.

SpursSerb
06-21-2013, 04:27 AM
After the Fishers clutch,Spurs came back and won it.After the Nowitzki foul,Spurs came back and won it!

Believe!

JingleJangleJingle
06-21-2013, 04:28 AM
over it mostly because LeBron won the title...

NRHector
06-21-2013, 04:54 AM
I got over this loss right after game 6

pookenstein
06-21-2013, 05:08 AM

This.

Cry Havoc
06-21-2013, 05:11 AM

The joy of a win is so temporal.

But the losses, the bad ones, they stay with you and haunt your dreams.

dg7md
06-21-2013, 05:14 AM
Well, it sucks. Don't think I'm not upset and torn up about it.

I was on the floor, devastated after Game 6. For Game 7, once I saw the Heat have the lead so late, I just shut off the TV and meditated for a while. It sucked, but I couldn't be too upset or angry: just quiet, thinking.

The poster who said it was like suffering and then finally dying was spot on. The loss, although tragic, was relieving in a way, however, I still contend that we were more worthy champions. They played better than us in Game 7, no doubt, but the whole series as a tossup with us coming out more impressive with team play overall.

Anyway, life goes on, and once next season starts, we will get over this and prepare ourselves for another push. We have definite issues with our post-play and mid-range shooting.

We'll be back, there's not a ton of truly great teams in the league.

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 05:16 AM
I got over this loss right after game 6That's what I said to myself after Game 6. Then seeing how close the Spurs kept it throughout the whole game despite the Heat making all the three's they shot for the game to come down to the last minute and seeing Duncan's hook shot roll off the rim? Pretty sad. I think I'm over it now.

milkyway21
06-21-2013, 05:35 AM
Hard to think that after nurturing the Spurs just to be ready for the playoffs, the easy dismantling of the Lakers in a sweep, the perfect timing for Durant is not in the WCF partly because of Westbrook, No Kobe, the struggle to win against those young guns-Curry & Thompson, the grinding against Memphis 4-0, the Finals 3-2 lead, the 20 sec 5-pt lead just turned into waste :(

I don't know if the Spurs can get this far again next year. They have to sign somebody who can contribute immediately but should be a quick learner to know the system & who can gel with the other guys.

Disappointed.
Hard to accept that this could be the last chance for Duncan to win a ring.
He might have to settle with 4 rings. And forget about game 6 & 7.
You can see in his face how disappointed he is.
TP lost for words. Manu stunned.

In the next 2 years a new breed of young superstars are bound to rule the league.

Tim, Manu & Pop might not be with the Spurs anymore.
They will retire together, who knows?
But they will retire with heads up for what they had accomplished in San Antonio.

For us Spurs fans, 4 championships is still worth the ride. :toast

KL2
06-21-2013, 05:48 AM
I'm already over it, didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I think SA can be back next year, even better than last year and win.

-Kawhi is starting to get scary good, he's reached all star level and is still growing as a player. He should be MUCH more involved in the offense, the experience he's gained from playing in the finals guarding the best player in the NBA is invaluable. Although this loss hurts him, I think his confidence will explode and transform him into a very special player.

-Green is also going to get much better, work on his handles and finishing/driving ability and he can become much more than a spot up 3pt shooter. His confidence too will grow from this series.

-Sign new talent, get rid of the baggage (Manu, Neal, Splitter), Imagine we had players that actually contributed each game unlike them. The Spurs' great defense should also get better.

I think next year's team is going to be NASTY, we just need a Duncan to keep playing well which I think he can do, that's going to be vital.

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 05:50 AM
I'm already over it, didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I think SA can be back next year, even better than last year and win.

-Kawhi is starting to get scary good, he's reached all star level and is still growing as a player. He should be MUCH more involved in the offense, the experience he's gained from playing in the finals guarding the best player in the NBA is invaluable. Although this loss hurts him, I think his confidence will explode and transform him into a very special player.

-Green is also going to get much better, work on his handles and finishing/driving ability and he can become much more than a spot up 3pt shooter. His confidence too will grow from this series.

-Sign new talent, get rid of the baggage (Manu, Neal, Splitter), Imagine we had players that actually contributed each game unlike them. The Spurs' great defense should also get better.

I think next year's team is going to be NASTY, we just need a Duncan to keep playing well which I think he can do, that's going to be vital.This. Get rid of all the trash and sign Jarett Jack and Al Jefferson/David West.

therealtruth
06-21-2013, 06:10 AM
I pretty much knew they would lose after game 6. Then when Pop said he would run the same rotations pre-game I was certain.

ezau
06-21-2013, 07:05 AM
Game 6 is the biggest loss in franchise history. Fuck.

ErnestLynch
06-21-2013, 07:41 AM
Lemmings

tmtcsc
06-21-2013, 07:42 AM
It's over and gone. Game 6 will be a head shaker forever though. EXTREMELY PROUD of them.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Quite honestly, I am already over it.

Why???

- The NBA is not afraid to have the Spurs in the Finals because they shed the boring label.
- Baby Steps. Spurs got to the WCF, now the Finals, next step is to win it.
- Spurs have alot of cap space to go after a difference maker this offseason. My choice would be OJ Mayo. To me, he is the best available SG and even now he is undervalue and Spurs can get him for a good price.

Look at the West. The only team that I think could beat the Spurs is the Warriors. But if the Spurs bring back Manu, Splitter for good value, Resign TMAC and rehabilitate him and sign someone like Mayo, IMO they will still be the best team in the West and should be back in the Finals next year.

cjw
06-21-2013, 08:30 AM
Game 6 made last night easier to handle. Definitely softened the blow.

tah
06-21-2013, 08:40 AM
Game 6 definitely will be haunt me for a very long time. We were so close, but then let it slip. But I like how we played game 7. Even though we lost, we were still there until end of 4th quarter. One thing I've learned is not to count this team out. We were thinking they were done a few years ago, and would never get back here. Look at how far we get this year. I'm looking forward to next year.

tlongII
06-21-2013, 08:44 AM
I'm already over it.

McGusto55
06-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Last nite was i didnt talk too no one..no one called or texed me...had a very bad night..woke up this moring came late too work..but kunda feeling a little bit better now..good to know im not the only one feelIn like this..but im still hurtin

dorrrr
06-21-2013, 09:17 AM
ffs it's too brutal to shake off any time soon. Timmy at the press conference barely able to speak was so hard to watch. never thought I'd be THAT sad about sports. :/

resistanze
06-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Game 6 will haunt me forever tbh. This game was just a formality.

cute_spursfan
06-21-2013, 09:38 AM
until the casket drops :depressed

superbigtime
06-21-2013, 09:56 AM
It will be a tender scar which will never go away. It's a damn shame.

Crookshanks
06-21-2013, 10:00 AM
I hate Lebron and Miami so much - so this is going to take awhile to get over. I'm avoiding all articles, newscasts and stories about the Finals because I just can't stand to see Lebron's ugly monkey face with the trophy that should've been Timmy's. I am being a very sore loser and I hope I don't run into any Heat fans for the next week or so!

clambake
06-21-2013, 10:05 AM
I hate Lebron and Miami so much - so this is going to take awhile to get over. I'm avoiding all articles, newscasts and stories about the Finals because I just can't stand to see Lebron's ugly monkey face with the trophy that should've been Timmy's. I am being a very sore loser and I hope I don't run into any Heat fans for the next week or so!

god can hear you.

Spurs Brazil
06-22-2013, 06:47 AM

agree, I'm proud of the guys. It was a great run but I'll never forget those 28 seconds :depressed

bigfan
06-22-2013, 07:18 AM
Whats done is done, true it sux but just have to move on. Ill feel better as soon as I see any action from the front office on cutting loose guys or bringing in new ones.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Whats done is done, true it sux but just have to move on. Ill feel better as soon as I see any action from the front office on cutting loose guys or bringing in new ones.True. If the FO stays pat like they've been doing for the past 6 years, if they don't use that available cap space this summer to bring in some help, then I will go from being a Spurs fanatic to a casual Spurs fan. Duncan deserves more and the least the FO can do is to get him some help. Pop and Manu owe Timmy that 5th ring thanks to the 28 seconds. Duncan deserves better.

NBA Playoffs
06-22-2013, 11:10 AM
44T6FYdLcLc

TXstbobcat
06-22-2013, 12:33 PM
It would hurt worse for me if the spurs didn't already have 4 titles. As spurs fans forget, there are a lot of nba teams that would love to be a 4 time nba champion.

EVAY
06-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Already over it. They did WAYYYY better than I expected them to do in the beginning of the season.

Way better than a lot of us expected, if you are honest with yourself.

I feel lucky to have this team in my town. And lucky to be one of their fans.

Russ
06-22-2013, 01:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKAtM9xS-fA

Skull-1
06-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Eternity. Game Six. Ugh.

HI-FI
06-22-2013, 01:32 PM
It's still stuck in my head. It's sad that Duncan beats himself up over game7 when it's game 6 I think most or all of us can't forget. Manu's epic shittiness, Pop going loony...

I think like most brutal losses, like death, we will get over it until occasionally we remember how painful it was.

Skull-1
06-22-2013, 01:34 PM
It's still stuck in my head. It's sad that Duncan beats himself up over game7 when it's game 6 I think most or all of us can't forget. Manu's epic shittiness, Pop going loony...

I think like most brutal losses, like death, we will get over it until occasionally we remember how painful it was.

Right on the money, dude.

therealtruth
06-22-2013, 02:01 PM
True. If the FO stays pat like they've been doing for the past 6 years, if they don't use that available cap space this summer to bring in some help, then I will go from being a Spurs fanatic to a casual Spurs fan. Duncan deserves more and the least the FO can do is to get him some help. Pop and Manu owe Timmy that 5th ring thanks to the 28 seconds. Duncan deserves better.

That's the key. Don't stand pat. Sure up the weaknesses. Use TMac or get a backup PG. Get some more low post scoring in our frontcourt. We've got to be able to punish teams for using small ball.

spurtech09
06-22-2013, 03:01 PM
:toast
Until football starts

spurtech09
06-22-2013, 03:02 PM
:toast
Already over it. They did WAYYYY better than I expected them to do in the beginning of the season.

Way better than a lot of us expected, if you are honest with yourself.

I feel lucky to have this team in my town. And lucky to be one of their fans.

Sean Cagney
06-22-2013, 03:04 PM
I'm already over it.

Are you over Memorial Day Miracle and the Lakers meltdown in game 7? I am not digging just asking if you are and if so how long it took to get over that back to back years with that heartbreak.
ffs it's too brutal to shake off any time soon. Timmy at the press conference barely able to speak was so hard to watch. never thought I'd be THAT sad about sports. :/

We should never be that sad about SPORTS, yet for some reason they suck us in and we are.

Budkin
06-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Would have rather been blown out both games... having the title in your hand and then dropping it is so gut wrenching as a sports fan it can't even really be described, especially because of how much Tim deserved it. It's been replaying over and over in my head since that night.

Skull-1
06-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Would have rather been blown out both games... having the title in your hand and then dropping it is so gut wrenching as a sports fan it can't even really be described, especially because of how much Tim deserved it. It's been replaying over and over in my head since that night.

Ditto.

Leonard deserved better, too. I hope he isn't like Dan Marino...get to the big stage early and then never see it again. That kid earned a ring and got denied by the absolute suck of Manu in G6 and Tony in G7.

beachwood
06-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Game 6 is the one that will haunt me. That final minute... the jubilation after Parker nailed a miracle 3... then Kawhi's missed free throws... Allen's dagger... It was the first moment I believed the championship was won, and then it was all taken away. Game 6 hurt more than any Spurs loss I've ever witnessed; so much so that losing Game 7 didn't turn me into a cliff jumper.

But this team far exceeded what I thought was possible this season, so for that I'm happy. It was a wild and crazy ride and as a sports fan, honestly that's all you can hope for sometimes. It could be worse, I could be a Bucks fan or something like that.

Skull-1
06-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Game 6 is the one that will haunt me. That final minute... the jubilation after Parker nailed a miracle 3... then Kawhi's missed free throws... Allen's dagger... It was the first moment I believed the championship was won, and then it was all taken away. Game 6 hurt more than any Spurs loss I've ever witnessed; so much so that losing Game 7 didn't turn me into a cliff jumper.

But this team far exceeded what I thought was possible this season, so for that I'm happy. It was a wild and crazy ride and as a sports fan, honestly that's all you can hope for sometimes. It could be worse, I could be a Bucks fan or something like that.

Leonard missed one. After Manu missed one. Leonard was an absolute beast.

06-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Until the start of next season.

06-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Ditto.

Leonard deserved better, too. I hope he isn't like Dan Marino...get to the big stage early and then never see it again. That kid earned a ring and got denied by the absolute suck of Manu in G6 and Tony in G7.
Man, that would suck, but I have faith. Even after TD is gone, we have a pretty good core

Knoxxx
06-22-2013, 05:10 PM
The loss is not bad at all given the fact I have to stomach a loss of this proportion. We beat them, then gave it away. They have to walk around embarrassed knowing the got beat by a bunch of old farts and rookies. I think they may even need an asterisk to this championship like what Phil Jackson used to say about us before we won 3 more.

Robz4000
06-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Game 6 will stay with me forever tbh. Still damn proud of the team and confident it'll be right there next year barring injuries (which with this team is always a heavy possibility).

Budkin
06-22-2013, 05:55 PM
The worst part is that we bucked all the percentages... the wrong way. We won Game 1, Game 3, and Game 5, which all have very high percentages of winning the series. Then a 5 pt lead with 28 seconds left... a win percentage of 98.6. And we lost. The basketball gods punished the Spurs. For what reason we'll never know, but they and we as fans will always know the pain.

SuperDave
06-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Really it's game 6 more than 7 that kills me, but I don't know that I will ever truly be able to get over it. The Spurs winning #5 next year sure would help.

therealtruth
06-22-2013, 07:44 PM
The worst part is that we bucked all the percentages... the wrong way. We won Game 1, Game 3, and Game 5, which all have very high percentages of winning the series. Then a 5 pt lead with 28 seconds left... a win percentage of 98.6. And we lost. The basketball gods punished the Spurs. For what reason we'll never know, but they and we as fans will always know the pain.

Spot on. I am pretty much certain no team has blown a 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, and up 5 with 28 sec left lead in game 6.

Kool Bob Love
06-22-2013, 11:03 PM

I swear i was thinking about this untill the end of game 7. It was my little security blanket.:lol:depressed

Game 6:depressed

Shit these muther fuckers had the yellow rope to block off the fans. The bubbly was already being put in the locker room. The trophy was seconds away from being rolled to the court. Than just like that *PUFF* all gone. SMFH.

lefty
06-22-2013, 11:06 PM
FOr fuck sake, what kind of emo thread is this ?

It's just a sport, people have bigger problems than their team losing a title

I have to admit though ... those 28 seconds .... I was jumping left and right, "omg we have the lead, omg heroic TP, omg 5 pt lead, yeaaaaaaaah " :lol

Then poof

From jubilation to :cry

Kool Bob Love
06-22-2013, 11:07 PM
After the Fishers clutch,Spurs came back and won it.After the Nowitzki foul,Spurs came back and won it!

Believe!

Fuck yeah man GO SPURS GO 4ever!!!

:flag:

Sean Cagney
06-22-2013, 11:20 PM
Ditto.

GOT DAMNIT did you have to bring up my other team here :( Marino. Thanks for making me feel better that we got beat in the 84 SEASON and never made it back. Thanks alot man.

I have no F IN CLUE man! Bucked all the % yeah they did! Winner of game 3 tied 90% or so! Then game 5 etc. Spurs did something earlier in their years that defied odds and bball Gods said we owe you a loss for it and then boom! They did it.

#1spursfanNvegas
06-22-2013, 11:26 PM
...not getting over it till we get the next chip

Sean Cagney
06-22-2013, 11:43 PM
...not getting over it till we get the next chip

I HOPE we are not waiting too long then bro!!!!!!!!!

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-22-2013, 11:46 PM
It won't really hurt for the first few weeks - just not really processing it or it sinking in. Then, it'll probably really sink in and then will hurt for a long time. So many what-ifs or if-onlys.

TheGoldStandard
06-22-2013, 11:53 PM
What loss?

Sean Cagney
06-22-2013, 11:56 PM
It won't really hurt for the first few weeks - just not really processing it or it sinking in. Then, it'll probably really sink in and then will hurt for a long time. So many what-ifs or if-onlys.
My advice to you sir do not overanalyze this the rest of your days or you will need therapy, over a BBALL GAME! Spurs had a finals this year and lost it! They won 4 before it, could have easily lost in 05 without one shot but that one sank, this time their shot sank! Enjoy the good with the bad times, they mean you actually got there and had a shot while other teams would kill for that.

baseline bum
06-23-2013, 12:10 AM
For me, the losses stopped truly hurting once the Spurs won the title in 1999. I just wanted to see Robinson get one, Duncan get one. The other three and this Finals trip were just gravy on top.

midnightpulp
06-23-2013, 12:41 AM
For me, the losses stopped truly hurting once the Spurs won the title in 1999. I just wanted to see Robinson get one, Duncan get one. The other three and this Finals trip were just gravy on top.

:tu

Problem is, you get greedy :lol

ace3g
06-23-2013, 12:52 AM
I'm still over it because I've decided not to think about it. Regarding Spurs, I'm now only focused/interested on their off-season and what they will do. With the draft being in one week and the free agency period starting in 10 days, it's not that hard to do.

For me it is a mixed bag on one hand I will never forget this loss ever, not just the Spurs first loss in the Finals but how they lost it (hell would have rather been swept or blown out the final 2 games). Even if they do get #5 I will always think "damn this should be #6". And if they do get #5 and it's without Duncan it will sting even more. Plus never felt like the Heat were the better team in the series.

On the other hand you have to refocus on what the Spurs are going to do over the offseason and thankfully that is about to start. Last year seemed worse because I knew it was going to be a while before offseason FA, trade rumors, draft would start, the Finals still had to play out, etc.

Overall I never thought I would see a number beside a zero in the loss column in the Spurs Finals record during the Big 3 era. I always thought there was probably a reason we lost prior to the Finals to keep that perfect Finals record in tact. Changes your perspective on the postseason.

Sucks because of the story lines this season (would have been a great DVD :( ): substantial sanctions, Stern's last year, Spurs big 3 defeating Heat's big 3, uncertainty heading into the playoffs (weren't exactly playing well, in part because of injuries)

Still haven't watched ESPN or other sports channels, been watching a lot of movies to keep myself occupied.

Sean Cagney
06-23-2013, 01:34 AM
For me it is a mixed bag on one hand I will never forget this loss ever, not just the Spurs first loss in the Finals but how they lost it (hell would have rather been swept or blown out the final 2 games). Even if they do get #5 I will always think "damn this should be #6". And if they do get #5 and it's without Duncan it will sting even more. Plus never felt like the Heat were the better team in the series

On the other hand you have to refocus on what the Spurs are going to do over the offseason and thankfully that is about to start. Last year seemed worse because I knew it was going to be a while before offseason FA, trade rumors, draft would start, the Finals still had to play out, etc.

Overall I never thought I would see a number beside a zero in the loss column in the Spurs Finals record during the Big 3 era. I always thought there was probably a reason we lost prior to the Finals to keep that perfect Finals record in tact. Changes your perspective on the postseason.

Still haven't watched ESPN or other sports channels, been watching a lot of movies to keep myself occupied.It seems you focus more on negatives than the positives then all in all! Since you will dwell on this one for a while and not the times they won it! Some would kill for one ring but you see it as a negative type thing and we should have #6 if they win #5 then right? I mean seriously it's cool they were 4-0 but they made it back and lost one! Barely but they did! So that seems all some of you fans will remember?

ace3g
06-23-2013, 02:02 AM
It seems you focus more on negatives than the positives then all in all! Since you will dwell on this one for a while and not the times they won it! Some would kill for one ring but you see it as a negative type thing and we should have #6 if they win #5 then right? I mean seriously it's cool they were 4-0 but they made it back and lost one! Barely but they did! So that seems all some of you fans will remember?

I will always be grateful and fortunate that the team from my hometown and the only team I root for (besides the Devils in the NHL) has won 4 championships but this was suppose to be #5 for Timmy.

Sean Cagney
06-23-2013, 02:29 AM
I will always be grateful and fortunate that the team from my hometown and the only team I root for (besides the Devils in the NHL) has won 4 championships but this was suppose to be #5 for Timmy.

Yeah it was suppose to be, but there is other things to focus on this summer! AND #5 for TIMMY might have to wait or it might not ever come? Timmy gave it his all this year and fell just short, yeah it sucks the way they lost but things happen. If Horry's shot falls in 03 we lose and if Horry's shot does not fall in 05 we are two less! Thats how close the game is sir, think about that.

EJFischer
06-23-2013, 02:32 AM
Game. Fucking. 6.

I'm still not sleeping well.

midnightpulp
06-23-2013, 03:16 AM
Yeah it was suppose to be, but there is other things to focus on this summer! AND #5 for TIMMY might have to wait or it might not ever come? Timmy gave it his all this year and fell just short, yeah it sucks the way they lost but things happen. If Horry's shot falls in 03 we lose and if Horry's shot does not fall in 05 we are two less! Thats how close the game is sir, think about that.

If the Spurs had lost that game (and went on to lose the series), it would've made game 6 look like a Sunday picnic, since, in way, there was more at stake. Yes, a title wasn't on the line, but at the time, the Spurs only had one title, which the basketball world derided because of the lockout; the Lakers were the Yankees to the Spurs Redsox; and Duncan had a world of critics and doubters ready to pounce. Since that was the defacto NBA Finals, winning that game and that series changed everything for the Spurs.

If Horry's shot was an inch truer, the Spurs franchise could've been very different than it is today.

tlongII
06-23-2013, 09:46 AM
Are you over Memorial Day Miracle and the Lakers meltdown in game 7? I am not digging just asking if you are and if so how long it took to get over that back to back years with that heartbreak.

We should never be that sad about SPORTS, yet for some reason they suck us in and we are.

Nope. I'll never get over those.

midnightpulp
06-23-2013, 09:50 AM

Those, more so the game 7 meltdown, probably sting you more than game 6 stings us since the Blazers haven't won a title in 24 years up until that point. Adding insult to injury, it was against the hated Lakers.

#1spursfanNvegas
06-23-2013, 10:55 AM
I HOPE we are not waiting too long then bro!!!!!!!!!

Im with you on that one :flag:

Sean Cagney
06-23-2013, 01:17 PM

I doubt I will get over this one either this year, it will fade some but as a sports fan it will stay with me.

Sean Cagney
06-23-2013, 01:18 PM
If the Spurs had lost that game (and went on to lose the series), it would've made game 6 look like a Sunday picnic, since, in way, there was more at stake. Yes, a title wasn't on the line, but at the time, the Spurs only had one title, which the basketball world derided because of the lockout; the Lakers were the Yankees to the Spurs Redsox; and Duncan had a world of critics and doubters ready to pounce. Since that was the defacto NBA Finals, winning that game and that series changed everything for the Spurs.

If Horry's shot was an inch truer, the Spurs franchise could've been very different than it is today.Not many think about this. but the shot that didn't fall changed the way things turned out! You are correct. If that shot falls I am devistated as a fan and never ever recover.

poeticism707
06-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Will never forgive Pop gift wrapping two offensive rebounds by taking Duncan out of game 6, and mailing in game 7, no adjustments, no nothing, leaving Dias to rot on the bench the entire.
fourth, etc.
Parker can be forgiven, because he's just an all star player, and when he gets his worst match up- the long, tall defender, Parker will suck. But no more about nonsense about how Parker is carrying the team, etc. I don't care if TP puts up 30 and 12 a game this season, this is TD's team until Parker can man up, and do the entire post season, and get TD another ring.

ace3g
06-23-2013, 02:18 PM
One thing is for sure, after this postseason, I'm going to be super melo until the playoffs start in 2014: no reg season win/loss will bother me anymore (unless said victory/loss impacts us making the playoffs). This loss changes your perspective on the grand scheme of things, sports wise.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-24-2013, 12:53 PM
If this loss were to the Pacers, I wouldn't mind half as much.

But I just detest the Miami Heat so much.

TDomination
06-24-2013, 01:24 PM
For the first time since Game 7 I'm back on Spurstalk.

I just couldn't handle anything spurs related. My heart would sink everytime I saw a car with a Spurs flag.

But I'm feeling a little better, actually excited about next year.

But to answer the op question, I don't think I will ever get over this. I mean we still won 2 championships after .4 and it still haunts me. To see that Duncans shot was overshadowed by another shot just kills me.

But life goes on and this team will play again in a few months and I can't wait!

chrhawk
06-24-2013, 01:39 PM
For the first time since Game 7 I'm back on Spurstalk.

I just couldn't handle anything spurs related. My heart would sink everytime I saw a car with a Spurs flag.

But I'm feeling a little better, actually excited about next year.

But to answer the op question, I don't think I will ever get over this. I mean we still won 2 championships after .4 and it still haunts me. To see that Duncans shot was overshadowed by another shot just kills me.

But life goes on and this team will play again in a few months and I can't wait!

Yea man I felt disappointed not for me because I'm not playing or have any affiliation with the team. More than anything I was disappointed for Duncan and Ginobili. Duncan because he will forever be my favorite player of all time and Ginobili because he was clearly hurt knowing he didn't play that well in the NBA Finals.

Oh, Gee!!
06-24-2013, 02:44 PM
I was "over it" when I woke up friday morning bc i have a family, job, and a life. it was a good season, and now I look forward to football season.

Spanklin
06-24-2013, 03:22 PM
I'll be over it the second free agency starts and we sign Josh Smith.

Can you imagine this defense? Sick sick.

Can you imagine Smith making those dunks that Splitter got blocked on? (BTW---was there a single player on the Heat who did not block Splitter?) Or all those clanks from Barbosa being a thing of the past. Ugh, he played like shit.

Smoove is a screaming perfect fit for a championship run. You couldn't ask for a better pairing.

dorrrr
06-24-2013, 03:22 PM
tbh, i'm living a full life, working, studying, girls etc. yet my thoughts are still busy with this. feels like a nightmare. it's only basketball yeah but it sure as hell feels like much more. i think i can only let this go after i'll stop asking myself "what if", and of course, after my heat-fans-friends will die.