PDA

View Full Version : Pop Smling and Hugging Heat Players Postgame

deibero
06-21-2013, 12:45 AM
you will think im opening this thread to complain abot that, but on the opposite.

after suffering myself two days with depression from the game 6 loss, and the anxiety of game 7 and seeing the great coach pop applauding the heat like that, it gave me for the first time in my life a new perspective: this is fact its only a game, man!

pop says all the time that its a game and people take it too seriously, he just demonstrated that after the toughest loss you can imagine. i have so much respect for him.

if the coach of this team can smile and move on, maybe its a sign that we should do the same and not take this things so serious.

cheer your team win or lose and at the end of the day go back to your life and let it go!

jag
06-21-2013, 12:46 AM
He can see past the emotion of the moment. It's one of the things that makes him special.

Ibleedslvrnblk
06-21-2013, 12:47 AM
This is just another reason why this organization from the top to the bottom is class act. We can sit here and question every move he does but truthfully he is an amazing coach and no one else in this spot could do better.

mudyez
06-21-2013, 12:49 AM
While my friend (semi spurs fan) trew a tantgrum about it, I loved it.

MeloHype
06-21-2013, 12:51 AM
What, you want him to cuss them out and punch them?

deibero
06-21-2013, 12:52 AM
What, you want him to cuss them out and punch them?

wow you really dont watch sports do you? have you ever seen an opposing coach hug and congratulate the other team players that way?

not even the harbaugh brothers hugged it off...

Harry Callahan
06-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Pop is probably dying inside right now......his team let the Heat off the hook. I would not be so gracious in defeat.

I think Pop knows this was the last rodeo for this core team as a serious (truly serious) title contender.

I hate that they fall just short.

FromWayDowntown
06-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Anything else from Popovich would have been shocking. While some might see his graciousness in victory or defeat (every single time) as weakness, it is a clear manifestation of who he is and his unique perspective in today's world about the job he does. Others act graciously, but I think none are as sincere.

J_Paco
06-21-2013, 12:56 AM
Pop is probably dying inside right now......his team let the Heat off the hook. I would not be so gracious in defeat.

Yet, the fact that he's gracious in defeat is what makes him a great leader and person.

SpurPadre
06-21-2013, 12:56 AM
This is only a part of his life as he's a man of many interests but you gotta be sure this is killing him inside. He just knows how to mask it. I'm sure he'll get over it sooner than anybody else on the team, though.

jag
06-21-2013, 12:57 AM
Anything else from Popovich would have been shocking. While some might see his graciousness in victory or defeat (every single time) as weakness, it is a clear manifestation of who he is and his unique perspective in today's world about the job he does. Others act graciously, but I think none are as sincere.

Well said

InRareForm
06-21-2013, 12:57 AM
I think that was the ultimate goal of him doing that.

UZER
06-21-2013, 12:58 AM

It's just more proof pop gives a shit what any of us think, or anyone who questions his moves. He's said it before, we all take this stuff way too seriously. They are all millionaires. He has reason to smile.

TD 21
06-21-2013, 12:59 AM
It's both sickening and disingenuous, as was the vast majority of his post game comments. All an act for the cameras, since he likes to pretend he doesn't take this "too seriously", when in reality, it's clearly the exact opposite and he's gutted inside.

And his obligatory "we lost to a better team" comment was nonsense. The Spurs were the better team in this series and deserved to win it.

Harry Callahan
06-21-2013, 01:01 AM
Yet, the fact that he's gracious in defeat is what makes him a great leader and person.

Yes - he is able to give credit to the other squad......... This is two month grind he just went through. Pop seemed a lot less stressed now that the thing is over.

I'm going to be in a funk for a little while - what a great opportunity that didn't quite work out for the Spurs.

I didn't expect the Spurs to stretch this thing to 7 games. They competed till the end.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-21-2013, 01:08 AM
typical pop...

Twisted_Dawg
06-21-2013, 01:16 AM
The Heat should award him a ring for his efforts in helping them win a championship.

Skull-1
06-21-2013, 01:26 AM
And his obligatory "we lost to a better team" comment was nonsense. The Spurs were the better team in this series and deserved to win it.

And one...

dg7md
06-21-2013, 01:27 AM
Gross.

Too soon, Pop.

HI-FI
06-21-2013, 01:29 AM
It's both sickening and disingenuous, as was the vast majority of his post game comments. All an act for the cameras, since he likes to pretend he doesn't take this "too seriously", when in reality, it's clearly the exact opposite and he's gutted inside.

i haven't seen his postgame comments, but Pop seems like a tenured prof at times, once great but gets away with a lot.