PDA

View Full Version : its confirmed now? Leonard second best player.from 2011 draft

InRareForm
06-21-2013, 01:00 AM
What an amazing display these playoffs

MeloHype
06-21-2013, 01:00 AM
Nobody comes close tbh

baseline bum
06-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Man I was scared missing that free throw was going to Nick Anderson him. I should have known that was a ridiculous thought. Just can't believe the way Kawhi stepped up and made big play after big play every time Miami was threatening to blow the game open.

Juggity
06-21-2013, 01:03 AM
Kawhi is better and more valuable than Kyrie. You don't build a championship contender around a point guard. You build it around a long, athletic SF.

I'm officially subscribing to the DoK theory following these playoffs. Point guard led teams do not win championships.

TE
06-21-2013, 01:03 AM
Hell yeah.

chapnis
06-21-2013, 01:04 AM
He was blowing by LeBron at some points. Impressive.

Borosai
06-21-2013, 01:07 AM
Gotta love Leonard.

sdsucwsl
06-21-2013, 01:08 AM
I think going into the playoffs he was top 5-6. After this experience and the boost in confidence he's earned during these playoffs, he has jump over Klay Thompson and Kenneth Faried as the #2 best player in the 2011 class.

But to say that he's better than Kyrie Irving...c'mon man.

timmy2003
06-21-2013, 01:11 AM
He is an all around player and can be the second or third scoring option. But Spurs need another all star calibre player to have a shot next year.

Juggity
06-21-2013, 01:14 AM
I think going into the playoffs he was top 5-6. After this experience and the boost in confidence he's earned during these playoffs, he has jump over Klay Thompson and Kenneth Faried as the #2 best player in the 2011 class.

But to say that he's better than Kyrie Irving...c'mon man.

Kyrie is a new-age Tony Parker with a 3 point shot. His defense is pretty porous.

You win championships with Lebrons and Durants these days. Athletic SFs who can rebound, shoot, post up, and most of all defend any position on the floor.

sdsucwsl
06-21-2013, 01:17 AM
Tell that to OKC when they lost Westbrook.

Juggity
06-21-2013, 01:25 AM
Tell that to OKC when they lost Westbrook.

OKC isn't led by westbrook. He's a star, but not the leader.

The Spurs are led by Tony Parker. The Celtics are led by Rajon Rondo. The Clippers are led by Chris Paul.

These teams all have the fatal weakness that their best player is physically small and the entire offense depends upon them to set up plays.

The right kind of defense (Miami Heat this year, OKC Thunder last year) can shut down a one-man-show point guard led team.

sdsucwsl
06-21-2013, 01:28 AM
Durant's got the talent, but Westbrook is the leader for OKC.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2013, 01:31 AM
Gotta wonder what his ceiling is. I loved what I saw from him though. This guy has never dissapointed. Only SDSU aztech I'll root for (Go Lobos!)

HI-FI
06-21-2013, 01:34 AM
damn this thread is good shit. what a reminder of what we saw. Spurs really need to think about building something around this kid, because I don't want him to bolt.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-21-2013, 01:36 AM
Ugh why didn't they feed him more tonight

SpursSerb
06-21-2013, 02:09 AM
Lost the title,got Kawhi!Props!

jesterbobman
06-21-2013, 02:23 AM
Honestly: He might be moving towards 1st.

Kyrie is an exceptional offensive player, but he's almost a big a negative defensively as he is offensively. Kawhi was just the second best player in the series in the NBA finals, and the guy in first is an inhuman basketball god who reigns destruction.

Kyrie is still probably taken first. But Kawhi is so clearly ahead of third we shouldn't bother debating.

HarlemHeat37
06-21-2013, 02:26 AM
Agreed with jester, tbh..

If a PG is your best player, you aren't winning a title, tbh..it's very rare..

Leonard is still raw as fuck, yet he posted monster numbers for the entire playoff run, along with elite defense, tbh..his advanced metrics in the playoffs were unreal, tbh..

Leonard is at least #2, without question, and while Irving is better right now, I'd rather take my chances with a player with Leonard's style of play..:lol anybody that chooses Kenneth Faried, one of the most overrated players in the league..

HI-FI
06-21-2013, 02:27 AM
Agreed with jester, tbh..

If a PG is your best player, you aren't winning a title, tbh..it's very rare..

Leonard is still raw as fuck, yet he posted monster numbers for the entire playoff run, along with elite defense, tbh..his advanced metrics in the playoffs were unreal, tbh..
nice. i mentioned elsewhere i am curious how his numbers compared to Kobe's....interesting.

wildchild
06-21-2013, 02:40 AM
No one's worked harder on his play than Kawhi. I love this guy.