PDA

View Full Version : You guys didn't quite make it to the finish line but....

Thebesteva
06-21-2013, 01:25 AM
Wherever I go to read about the Spurs from Lakers to Oklahoma to Clipper message boards it is evident from all fans that they are amazed by the Spurs this season....your guys impressed every fan in the league and Tim Duncan's legacy will be secured forever now.

I know a ring means more to any fan base than any lame old sentiment...but with that said, Spurs just had a Cool Runnings moment tonight They had no business competing with a prime Heat team but despite the leagues pressure for Miami to win, ultimately the Spurs battle tested the Heat and beat the dog shit out of every team in the league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlRnAa1NtBc

MannyIsGod
06-21-2013, 01:27 AM
I wonder how many NBA fans will feel this way. I hope you're right. Man the cool runnings analogy might be spot on! haha

midnightpulp
06-21-2013, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the kind words.

dg7md
06-21-2013, 01:29 AM
We're too good to settle for second best or just being happy to get there...

But yes, we appreciated the support from you guys. Just wish we had grabbed a board or made a FT to let you guys count on us.

Thebesteva
06-21-2013, 01:31 AM
We're too good to settle for second best or just being happy to get there...

But yes, we appreciated the support from you guys. Just wish we had grabbed a board or made a FT to let you guys count on us.

Trust me I know and understand, but you just went against a prime Mike Tyson and took him to 12 rounds and just knocked him down 2-3 times. I know at the end of the day its about hardware and legacy and game 6 will hurt forever, but you have to be proud of showing up in a year where you had NO business on paper.

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 01:32 AM
If you really are a Lakers fan, you're easily the classiest one I've ever encountered. +1 on the Cool Runnings reference. Spot on.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-21-2013, 01:34 AM
Wherever I go to read about the Spurs from Lakers to Oklahoma to Clipper message boards it is evident from all fans that they are amazed by the Spurs this season....your guys impressed every fan in the league and Tim Duncan's legacy will be secured forever now.

I know a ring means more to any fan base than any lame old sentiment...but with that said, Spurs just had a Cool Runnings moment tonight They had no business competing with a prime Heat team but despite the leagues pressure for Miami to win, ultimately the Spurs battle tested the Heat and beat the dog shit out of every team in the league.

Nice to know man, thanks. :tu

Thebesteva
06-21-2013, 01:35 AM
If you really are a Lakers fan, you're easily the classiest one I've ever encountered. +1 on the Cool Runnings reference. Spot on.

I'm a Laker fan, and I have marginal class as well

WildcardManu
06-21-2013, 01:35 AM
Classy

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 01:43 AM
I'm a Laker fan, and I have marginal class as well

Which is still far more than most :tu

AASATX
06-21-2013, 01:54 AM
Thanks man, still stings. Cool running's was a nice touch as well, Left me shaking my head but made me laugh and reflect on this season and how far we went. Hate to say it since Lakers are enemy number 1 for us Spurs folks... but honestly if the roles were reversed and it was Lakers vs Heat I'd would have been rooting for the Lakers. Ever since super friends and their bandwagon came to town they have taken on the roll of my most disliked team right ahead of the Lakers ha.

Skull-1
06-21-2013, 01:56 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlRnAa1NtBc

Class. Thanks guy.

elmanutres
06-21-2013, 02:48 AM
tbh i think people will respect us for a month for getting this far then go back to the usual spurs hating ways. Expect the "you guys choked bigtime" insult to be heard plenty of times next season

mudyez
06-21-2013, 04:25 AM
Wow, thats too much love from Lakers lans the last few hours.

I don't kow what to say.

:cry

Thank you!

smaka
06-21-2013, 04:31 AM
:toast

davidbowie
06-21-2013, 04:32 AM
thnx bruh

Arcadian
06-21-2013, 04:43 AM
I had thought about Cool Runnings as well.

Despite the loss, this series validated the Spurs as being worthy of champions.

Even the Heat players were shocked by how hard it was to beat us.

ezau
06-21-2013, 07:03 AM
Trust me I know and understand, but you just went against a prime Mike Tyson and took him to 12 rounds and just knocked him down 2-3 times. I know at the end of the day its about hardware and legacy and game 6 will hurt forever, but you have to be proud of showing up in a year where you had NO business on paper.

Thanks for this brah.

AchillesHeel
06-21-2013, 07:07 AM
It's funny, the whole Laker Nation was rooting for the Spurs in this series, my respect grew for them.

mancun20
06-21-2013, 07:38 AM
that was beautiful man....hope the lakers and spurs meet again in the western finals...

peacemaker885
06-21-2013, 07:52 AM
Thanks bro. Im from LA and here's hoping the West can bring it home next year.

Clipper Nation
06-21-2013, 07:58 AM
I was rooting for LeBron per par, but the Spurs deserve major props, tbh.... as a Duncan fan as well, it was awesome to watch him defy Father Time this year, and it sucks that LeBron winning meant that Duncan had to lose, tbh....

Spurs will be back for yet another run next year, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon, tbh....

jag
06-21-2013, 08:00 AM
This thread reminds me of the latest Buck Harvey article. The Spurs proved a lot this season.

SpurYank
06-21-2013, 09:33 AM
I live in northern Maryland, near the PA border. Have since 1989. This week alone I've had neighbors, merchants at stores I visit and family members who had never liked this sport or even mention the NBA, praise the SA Spurs because of the class they show and the exciting type of basketball they play. A neighbor who never talks to me came over yesterday to tell me he was hoping the Spurs would win. He sees me wearing a Spurs cap all the time.

Disappointed? You bet. Appreciative? You bet.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Thanks, proud of Timmy and Kawhi, but considering the choke job by Pop, it's hard to be proud of the entire team.