PDA

View Full Version : Timmy Legend ..being disconsolate..

Spursfanfromafar
06-21-2013, 01:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq7KyC5HA6o

3 Legged Dog
06-21-2013, 01:41 AM
Timmy was fucked by Pop, Manu and Danny all of whom shit the bed.

deibero
06-21-2013, 01:41 AM
just saw it, never in 16 yrs have seen that tim duncan..just hearbreaking...

Darius McCrary
06-21-2013, 01:46 AM
Totally heartbreaking. Nothing made me feel this loss like that interview.
Duncan will pick himself up though. It's what he does. He's a winner.

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 01:47 AM
Yea I've never Timmy like this.. Sad. No way should be take any blame for this, missed lay up or not. His coach and role players really let him down in the last 2 games. He's the only reason we're even relevant. He deserves all the credit and non of the blame imo.

Brunodf
06-21-2013, 01:48 AM
37 yr old and carried the team on his back...If his coach wasn't so stubborn he would've at least 6-7 championships right now

Duncan21MVP
06-21-2013, 01:49 AM
Heartbroken, like all of us tonight.

Reminds me of D-Rob in 1995 when Hakeem went off on him. His interview will always stick with me too.

timvp
06-21-2013, 01:53 AM
I can't watch this tonight. Too soon.

Tomorrow.

Or maybe the next day.

Darius McCrary
06-21-2013, 01:55 AM
I thought it was kinda cool how Duncan started to get a little surly with the idiotic questions. He REALLY did seem like Pop's son in parts of that interview

DeadlyDynasty
06-21-2013, 01:56 AM
Just brutal to watch...I love clowning on you guys because you make it so damn easy, but can't help feeling bad for Tim. He was 28 seconds away from #5, and that Game 6 performance (even though mostly 1st half) will go down as one of the unlikeliest and underappreciated performances ever--due to the result. Coming back with 24 and 12 in Game 7 was spectacular as well.

Watching him perform the way he has the last couple games makes it even more confounding why Pop would ever take him out at the end of a game.

AASATX
06-21-2013, 01:56 AM
This is not on Timmy... hate to see him take it out on himself.

Spursfanfromafar
06-21-2013, 01:57 AM

Tomorrow.

Or maybe the next day.

You gotto see this, my friend. Its cathartic.

Darius McCrary
06-21-2013, 02:02 AM
Just brutal to watch...I love clowning on you guys because you make it so damn easy, but can't help feeling bad for Tim. He was 28 seconds away from #5, and that Game 6 performance (even though mostly 1st half) will go down as one of the unlikeliest and underappreciated performances ever--due to the result. Coming back with 24 and 12 in Game 7 was spectacular as well.

Watching him perform the way he has the last couple games makes it even more confounding why Pop would ever take him out at the end of a game.

Underappreciation is this team's MO in non championship years, tbh.
You're a laker fan...Do you remember the shot immediately before Fisher's 0.4? Duncan had the ball behind the three point line, dribbled, took a fall away one-handed shot with Shaq body fouling him and grabbing his entire forearm...swishes the most inefficient shot in basketball with his eyes facing the opposite direction. He didn't even see the shot go in. Duncan had to ask the bench if it went in. Had Fisher not hit that 0.4, Duncan would have hit one of the most memorable shots in NBA history...but no one remembers that shot outside of hardcore Spurs fans.

Likewise...Manu hit one of the clutchest 3's in franchise history (to that point) the very play before he fouled Dirk in 2006.

Likewise...Parker's three in LeBron's face was probably one of the most ruthless Finals shots in all of Finals history. The ball was freaking rotating SIDEWAYS, and it perfectly swished. But no one will remember that shot outside of this forum.

Duncan's 1st half Game 6 performance falls in the same category, tbh.

Skull-1
06-21-2013, 02:04 AM
37 yr old and carried the team on his back...If his coach wasn't so stubborn he would've at least 6-7 championships right now

Leonard helped. Tim carried David. Kwahi carried Tim some here. Kid was a beast.

Tim_duncan21
06-21-2013, 02:06 AM
I hope he'll play for 3 more seasons.

Darius Bieber
06-21-2013, 02:07 AM
You're a laker fan...Do you remember the shot immediately before Fisher's 0.4? Duncan had the ball behind the three point line, dribbled, took a fall away one-handed shot with Shaq body fouling him and grabbing his entire forearm...swishes the most inefficient shot in basketball with his eyes facing the opposite direction. He didn't even see the shot go in. Duncan had to ask the bench if it went in. Had Fisher not hit that 0.4, Duncan would have hit one of the most memorable shots in NBA history...but no one remembers that shot outside of hardcore Spurs fans.

Likewise...Manu hit one of the clutchest 3's in franchise history (to that point) the very play before he fouled Dirk in 2006.

Likewise...Parker's three in LeBron's face was probably one of the most ruthless Finals shots in all of Finals history. The ball was freaking rotating SIDEWAYS, and it perfectly swished. But no one will remember that shot outside of this forum.

Correct. History isn't written for losers, but for winners. Everyone remembers Big Shot Rob in 2005 and Captain Jack/Speedy Claxton in 2003.

peacemaker885
06-21-2013, 02:08 AM
Timmy broken. All of San Antonio and Spurs fans are heartbroken. You are still thest Timmy.

ElNono
06-21-2013, 02:08 AM
I could only watch about 20 secs and with the audio off... we love you Tim. Feel privileged to been able to watch you play the game.

SpursSerb
06-21-2013, 02:14 AM
Why the hell did i watch this? :bang

T Park
06-21-2013, 02:15 AM

Tomorrow.

Or maybe the next day.

I don't think ill ever see it.

I'm turning off sports for a while.

This was not healthy.

Darius McCrary
06-21-2013, 02:15 AM
I don't think ill ever see it.

I'm turning off sports for a while.

This was not healthy.

It really is cathartic.

elmanutres
06-21-2013, 02:51 AM
poor timmy. i wonder if he will ever get his fifth. or if this is really it

Darius McCrary
06-21-2013, 02:54 AM
Did you guys expect Duncan to be fucking happy and blase after this loss???? WTF is wrong with you people

Atl Spur
06-21-2013, 03:26 AM
Tim will retire now; I don't blame him!! Heart is something you have or don't! We need players who posses this now!!

sammy
06-21-2013, 03:26 AM
So sad! Timmy deserved better! Role players didn't show up! Timmy, Manu, Leonard & Diaw were the only ones to show up for this game! It's heartbreaking watching Timmy have to answer these idiots asinine questions! Love you Timmy!

Unfortunately, I can't sleep! Tossing & turning! My heart is broken!

Arcadian
06-21-2013, 03:37 AM
I actually really like this interview. It shows how much he loves winning and hates losing. He's still the greatest winner in the game. And perhaps this will motivate him to win more than ever before.

Gervin44Silas13
06-21-2013, 06:52 AM
Tim and Leonard played their hearts out.....screw you Manu!!!!

chapnis
06-21-2013, 07:02 AM
Tim and Leonard played their hearts out.....screw you Manu!!!!

Manu didn't lose game 7.

HB22inSA
06-21-2013, 07:10 AM
just saw it, never in 16 yrs have seen that tim duncan..just hearbreaking...

TampaDude
06-21-2013, 07:13 AM
Its not your fault, Timmy...in the end, that missed layup made no difference. You're still the man! :toast

SpurAddict561
06-21-2013, 07:20 AM
After this series, I only think any less of Manu and Tony.....not Timmy ONE BIT. Kawhi and Danny both impressed me a ton, they need to stay in the gym practicing on their complete game but they will be studs for years to come.

Duncanforthree
06-21-2013, 07:34 AM
Mike Taylor got choked up playing the audio on his show this morning.

sventhedog
06-21-2013, 07:38 AM
Manu didn't lose game 7.

probably but the finals? he basically beat parker and green for the worst player of the finals award.

Kobulingam
06-21-2013, 07:41 AM
Ginobili sucks

silverblk mystix
06-21-2013, 08:20 AM
Just saw the TD, Manu, Pop & TP interviews....

Pop;

Reporter: "Pop, with 23 secs left in the game - TP was on the bench and Manu had that turnover....why?

Pop: "Because I made that decision."

Reporter: "Care to elaborate?"

Pop: "No."

Another gem:

Reporter: "Pop, Danny Green said he was under the weather before the game - do you think this might have something to do with his performance tonight?

Pop : "I don't know ANYTHING about that."

romain.star
06-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Timmy was fucked by Pop, Manu and Danny all of whom shit the bed.

Danny can't be blamed man... He is a role player and was amazing in Games 1/2/3/4/5. Then, in Games 6 and 7, the Heat defense took care of him; and it's damn hard to score when they decide to make you pay for every shot (right Tony?)

dbreiden83080
06-21-2013, 08:34 AM

Pop;

Reporter: "Pop, with 23 secs left in the game - TP was on the bench and Manu had that turnover....why?

Another gem:

Reporter: "Pop, Danny Green said he was under the weather before the game - do you think this might have something to do with his performance tonight?

It is what it is with Pop. He has always hated the media and been immature with them in post games. He also has for the most part done a great job with all the incarnations of the Spurs since Timmy was drafted in 1997 but this series he was bad. He allowed a coach like 25 years his junior to get the better off him.. Did he cost us the championship IMO probably yes...

But it is what it is..

dbreiden83080
06-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Danny can't be blamed man... He is a role player and was amazing in Games 1/2/3/4/5. Then, in Games 6 and 7, the Heat defense took care of him; and it's damn hard to score when they decide to make you pay for every shot (right Tony?)

I don't blame him but a few more makes and they might win game 7. I don't ask him to carry us like he did in some of those games at home but 1/12 was a real killer.

Typical London Boy
06-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Was so depressing seeing Duncan blaming himself for missing the basket towards the end. If the rest of the team had been as frustrated and angry after their respective bad plays, then we may have had enough fire in the belly to get the job done.

Spursmania
06-21-2013, 08:44 AM
I can't watch. Sorry, I'm not ready as my heart will break. Just turned off tv and went to bed last night. Just from reading comments, I just can't watch it yet.��

peter_slb
06-21-2013, 08:45 AM
He's the last guy who should feel like this. He is 37 years old an was our best player in the last 2 games of the season, this is amazing and he should be proud of that. If everyone played as hard as him and Leonard we would be celebrating the fifth title for 2 days, already.

Dex
06-21-2013, 08:46 AM
I cannot stand to watch this.

Agloco
06-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Tim will retire now; I don't blame him!! Heart is something you have or don't! We need players who posses this now!!

You don't think Timmy has heart? GTFO

barakz21
06-21-2013, 08:57 AM
Damn, I was watching this on the bus and I was just heartbroken to see TD like that. The man lost his marriage. Winning the title, though won't take the sting off of that, but it'll definitely soften the blow. I started idolizing him since I was 13. Through the years, I have never seen him like that. It's just so heartbreaking to see your idol/hero who's been so strong through the years broken like that. It's like he didn't even try to put his psychology degree into play and hide his emotions. I just hope the spurs end up pulling a Dallas, and by that, I mean coming up short in consecutive years to finally win a title.

Ice009
06-21-2013, 09:00 AM
I watched it and initially thought he was pretty composed considering the circumstance and questions asked.

I wasn't that upset after the game, but hours later, I'm so pissed off. I wanted this so bad for Tim. My anger has really gone up a few notches since the game ended.

They should all apologize to Tim.

Gervin44Silas13
06-21-2013, 09:05 AM
hmmmm game six he did and....he had 2 TO late in Game 7.

Mal
06-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Manu didn't lose game 7.

Manu made game 7 happend.

06-21-2013, 09:36 AM

Pop;

Another gem:

I would love to hear a real answer sometime

BillMc
06-21-2013, 10:19 AM
Given what's going on in Timmy's personal life, I hope he has someone there to console him. Toughest sports interview I've ever seen. Danny's is pretty rough too.

Damn.

michaelwcho
06-21-2013, 10:36 AM
Poor Tim, that's just pretty raw there. Take a nice rest and then get back to work. That's the best way...

Budkin
06-21-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm actually feeling ok today so there's no fucking way I'm watching this shit. Timmy is the ultimate competitor. He's done it all, he's won it all, he's got nothing to be ashamed of. Timmy IS the San Antonio Spurs and he will be worshipped by us for all time.

booonkers
06-21-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm so gutted for Tim. I pray to God this wasn't his last chance at a ring. Can't wait to see you bounce back next season.

superbigtime
06-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Timmy don't blame yourself.

daslicer
06-21-2013, 12:31 PM
I watched it and surprisingly I was fine seeing it. Tim has nothing to be ashamed of he went down swinging and that's all you can hope for in this type of situation. I hope everything works out for him off the court and in his personal life. Hopefully he has some close friends who can console him.

romain.star
06-21-2013, 01:07 PM
I don't blame him but a few more makes and they might win game 7. I don't ask him to carry us like he did in some of those games at home but 1/12 was a real killer.

One should give Miami defense more credit. They know how to shut down a shooter

dbreiden83080
06-21-2013, 01:12 PM
One should give Miami defense more credit. They know how to shut down a shooter

They didn't in game 3 and 5..

TheGoldStandard
06-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Tim will rebound and have fire to come back next season for 1 last run. The Spurs owe it to him to do everything in there power to get players to give him a title. Break the bank for at least 1 season for this, please.

baseline bum
06-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Correct. History isn't written for losers, but for winners. Everyone remembers Big Shot Rob in 2005 and Captain Jack/Speedy Claxton in 2003.

Yeah, no one remembers Billups going HAM on Parker/Duncan on the pick and roll that whole 4th quarter and OT thanks to Rob's heroics.

Killakobe81
06-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Wow heartbreaking what a great player. Second favorite player to Kobe in the most recent era ...LeBron may be better than both someday but since MJ there is Kobe and Timmy no one else matters.

timtonymanu
06-21-2013, 01:22 PM
Don't need to watch that shit. I already know he's feeling sad.

The silver lining to all this though is now the whole nation just knows how truly great Tim Duncan is. He's still a 4 time champion at the end of the day.

LakerHater
06-21-2013, 01:31 PM
He brought up Game 6!!

FUCK YOU POP!!!

Larry33Legend
06-21-2013, 01:32 PM
http://abload.de/img/basketballspurslebrongkkdc.gif

The Reckoning
06-21-2013, 01:38 PM
regardless of whether youre a spurs fan or not, you have to feel for this guy. he gave it his all and is a true competitor until the day he retires.

he'll work twice as hard in the offseason and come back strong. timmy doesn't have an expiration date.

Pero
06-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Damn that's sad.. He's totaly devastated. I mean, of course that's normal but I didn't expect he'll show it that much.

romain.star
06-21-2013, 01:42 PM
They didn't in game 3 and 5..

Because the Heat allowed him to go crazy from the 3pts line early in the Series. Back then, he was not a defensive priority.

As Bosh said after Game 5 --> no more open 3s for Green. And they just adjusted in Games 6/7

rascal
06-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Manu made game 7 happend.

Manu had 3 costly turnovers in the final minutes of game 7. yes he hit a couple of shots and a 3 pointer but the turnovers sealed the game for Miami. Losing important possessions down the stretch killed the Spurs chances.

polandprzem
06-21-2013, 01:49 PM
I just watched it

:depressed

polandprzem
06-21-2013, 01:56 PM
My friend who is a LeBron fan felt sorry for Tim and said Timmay deserved a ring.

I don't get why he is a fuckin james fan :wtf

therealtruth
06-21-2013, 06:47 PM
It is what it is with Pop. He has always hated the media and been immature with them in post games. He also has for the most part done a great job with all the incarnations of the Spurs since Timmy was drafted in 1997 but this series he was bad. He allowed a coach like 25 years his junior to get the better off him.. Did he cost us the championship IMO probably yes...

But it is what it is..

I don't think you have the right to be a jerk when you have the biggest coaching choke job possibly ever.

rascal
06-21-2013, 07:08 PM
Yea, I really feel bad for a guy who is a multimillionaire, already has 4 titles, will be in the Hall of Fame someday, won't have to work into his mid 60s or later like most of us suckers and can get almost any woman he wants now that he is free.

dbreiden83080
06-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Because the Heat allowed him to go crazy from the 3pts line early in the Series.

You don't actually believe that.. Teams don't throw away finals games..

Sean Cagney
06-21-2013, 08:22 PM
I actually really like this interview. It shows how much he loves winning and hates losing. He's still the greatest winner in the game. And perhaps this will motivate him to win more than ever before.
Yeah man Tim really is a competitor, you could tell how bad he wants to win. I never saw emotion like that out of him when he hit the floor, dude left it out there.
Manu had 3 costly turnovers in the final minutes of game 7. yes he hit a couple of shots and a 3 pointer but the turnovers sealed the game for Miami. Losing important possessions down the stretch killed the Spurs chances.

He was the gift and the curse.

Sean Cagney
06-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Tim will rebound and have fire to come back next season for 1 last run. The Spurs owe it to him to do everything in there power to get players to give him a title. Break the bank for at least 1 season for this, please.
They need the mixture of the right pieces like a Barry or Horry, definitely need someone who can run the backup PG badly. I don't see who they can get though? No star will come here so they need to get some right pieces but thats a crapshoot.

eds
06-21-2013, 09:03 PM
i can't watch this

Obstructed_View
06-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Manu didn't lose game 7.

Four bad jumpers, four turnovers in the 4th quarter? Really?

ElNono
06-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Four bad jumpers, four turnovers in the 4th quarter? Really?

Really. We don't get to the 4th quarter with a shot without Gino... not to mention he was one of the very few outside of TD and Kawhi producing anything at all out there... and at the very end, he was just trying to will it. He hit a crazy rainbow three to still give us some breathing room... IMO, he did what the team needed from him in games 5 and 7... I have no problem with people pinning this series on him, because he was terrible in Game 6, and not good enough in the other games.

tim_duncan_fan
06-21-2013, 09:37 PM

This! This! This! We have to get another guy to be the playoffs go-to-guy to combo with Tim. We can't come back unimproved. It just wouldn't be ethical. Timmy can not go out with a loss in his last Finals appearance. It would be literally immoral for the front office to do nothing.

Sorry Tim.

GaryJohnston
06-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Fuck man....That was tough to watch. The team really screwed Tim and the fans. Yeah he had a missed layup, but he plays his ass off more than anyone on this team. If Manu wasn't so reckless we'd be celebrating right now. I put this loss squarely on Manu and to a lesser degree, Pop.

Sean Cagney
06-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Really. We don't get to the 4th quarter with a shot without Gino... not to mention he was one of the very few outside of TD and Kawhi producing anything at all out there... and at the very end, he was just trying to will it. He hit a crazy rainbow three to still give us some breathing room... IMO, he did what the team needed from him in games 5 and 7... I have no problem with people pinning this series on him, because he was terrible in Game 6, and not good enough in the other games.

Not his fault though, sure his passes were just crazy at times but his body at that age and mileage is just not there anymore! He has played for so long and summers etc., that will catch up to anymore.

TheGoldStandard
06-21-2013, 10:45 PM
They need the mixture of the right pieces like a Barry or Horry, definitely need someone who can run the backup PG badly. I don't see who they can get though? No star will come here so they need to get some right pieces but thats a crapshoot.

I think the players need to do some recruiting and even Pop. As weird and has un spurs like that seems I think they have to, call some people up and have a pow wow, get some FA's here on the cheap for 1 run at a title.. To Stick it to south beach.

Marcus Bryant
06-22-2013, 12:26 AM
'til the wheels fall off.

~O~
06-22-2013, 03:41 AM
------

~O~
06-22-2013, 03:42 AM

I...remember..that shot...I was really young when that happened.

Legacy
06-22-2013, 04:02 AM
I don't know exactly how Timmy and Pop's coach/player relationship is. But (about game 6)... If Timmy really wanted the championship so badly, he could've said something to Pop along the lines of, "You know what... I think it's a better idea that I stay out on the court during these last few seconds (or few minutes--WTFever) just in case something happens." Unless Pop said something along the lines of, "NO! You sit your ass down and let the 'others' do all the work--we got this in the bag!" Timmy should've known better, imho, and should've spoken up to Pop. Once OT kicked off, you could see the look on TD's face, that he knew he fucked up as well. Sorry, probably not the most popular opinion... but I'm not feeling sorry for Timmy at all right now. Nope. :nope ... Game 7 was well-deserved, imho. Learn to stand your ground, Tim! That's it, and that's all, folks. :toast

Legacy
06-22-2013, 04:17 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m05ddwzjj31r7vhnpo1_500.gif

polandprzem
06-22-2013, 04:34 AM
I don't know exactly how Timmy and Pop's coach/player relationship is. But (about game 6)... If Timmy really wanted the championship so badly, he could've said something to Pop along the lines of, "You know what... I think it's a better idea that I stay out on the court during these last few seconds (or few minutes--WTFever) just in case something happens." Unless Pop said something along the lines of, "NO! You sit your ass down and let the 'others' do all the work--we got this in the bag!" Timmy should've known better, imho, and should've spoken up to Pop. Once OT kicked off, you could see the look on TD's face, that he knew he fucked up as well. Sorry, probably not the most popular opinion... but I'm not feeling sorry for Timmy at all right now. Nope. :nope ... Game 7 was well-deserved, imho. Learn to stand your ground, Tim! That's it, and that's all, folks. :toast

Ifs and coulda woulda now is irrelevant.

Miami Heat are the champions ...

polandprzem
06-22-2013, 04:34 AM
FUCk

Legacy
06-22-2013, 04:35 AM
Ifs and coulda woulda now is irrelevant.

Miami Heat are the champions ...

Exactly! Congratulations to The 2013 NBA Champs, The Miami Heat! :king

The Spurs gift-wrapped this one for them.

Spurs Brazil
06-22-2013, 07:36 AM
Didn't want to see after the game or yesterday. Decided to see now and :depressed

Rebounds
06-22-2013, 09:31 AM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/andygamezusa/Timmy2013PlayoffsSmall_zps62a40e8d.jpg

You carrried the weight and for that you will always be my hero, #21.

therealtruth
06-22-2013, 03:03 PM

I agree. Like I said before imagine if the Rockets had decided to sit Olajuwan at the end of game 6 in '94. He wouldn't have been able to make the block on Starks shot. The Spurs were one defensive play away from winning and they sat their best defensive player. I don't see how anybody can argue how you play better defense without your best defensive player. Championship teams make those defensive stops.

romain.star
06-23-2013, 05:24 AM
You don't actually believe that.. Teams don't throw away finals games..

They don't throw away games but they choose their defensive priorities. Green shooting the lights out, he became a top priority for the Heat.

3 Legged Dog
06-23-2013, 12:08 PM
Manu didn't lose game 7.

No but he sure as Hell did all that he could to choke away game 6. You remember, when we lost our 5th banner

therealtruth
06-23-2013, 12:48 PM
They don't throw away games but they choose their defensive priorities. Green shooting the lights out, he became a top priority for the Heat.

I agree just like Battier shooting 3's wasn't a priority for us in game 7.

mudyez
06-24-2013, 07:56 AM
in case it hasn't been posted yet:

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2013/6/24/4458352/nba-playoffs-finals-spurs-open-letter-to-tim-duncan