PDA

View Full Version : Wade Talks About Kawhi Leonard In Post-Game

LeBronWillBeTheGOAT
06-21-2013, 01:47 AM
"A lot of teams trash talk, all through the game, but not these Spurs. Like Kawhi Leonard, I don't think he said a word the entire series. I don't even know how he sounds like, he's a bad boy, he's going to be good" - Wade, 3 time champion

Props To My Boy Wade Recognizing Young Talent

Skull-1
06-21-2013, 01:53 AM
Leonard is the next generation. Haven't felt like this about a player since Manu in his first playoff run....

I will be loyal to Leonard no matter where he plays.

HI-FI
06-21-2013, 01:55 AM
that's like literally the only silver lining from this debacle.

justinandimcool
06-21-2013, 01:56 AM
Leonard is the next generation. Haven't felt like this about a player since Manu in his first playoff run....

I will be loyal to Leonard no matter where he plays.

Spur for life, tbh.

HI-FI
06-21-2013, 02:00 AM
any stat niggas out there wanna do a comparison between Kawhi's stats and Kobe's final averages?

might have a real superstar, not a media generated one.

Skull-1
06-21-2013, 02:00 AM
Spur for life, tbh.

Totally. I love this kid. 2. 20. 12. 21. Lots of 2s there....

ThePop
06-21-2013, 02:01 AM
Garrett Gilbert all over again, only silver lining. Of course Leonard is actually a stud.

InRareForm
06-21-2013, 02:02 AM
Hate giving these stupid ass heat players credit. but I am glad they are being classy back.

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 02:03 AM
Only 21 years old.. crazy. I hope his knees hold up. He could be special.

Skull-1
06-21-2013, 02:03 AM
any stat niggas out there wanna do a comparison between Kawhi's stats and Kobe's final averages?

might have a real superstar, not a media generated one.

Indeed. Kid is the real deal. Sterile cockpit. Professional seriousness. Love him.

My ten-year old daughter screams his name every time he scores. What a great player. The core of the next Big Three......if we can keep him.

Kool Bob Love
06-21-2013, 02:09 AM
Kawhi is the future.

KaiRMD1
06-21-2013, 02:16 AM
Kawhi has San Antonio Spurs in his blood, you can just see it when he plays. I wouldn't be surprised that if he left the team for anybody, it would be a CA team only because of his hometown but more than likely, he's a Spur for life. He's gonna be the beast on this team.

crc21209
06-21-2013, 02:18 AM
Love Kawhi's passion for the game. He brought it every night throughout the season, playoffs, and Finals. Only 21...and he's only going to get better.

carina_gino20
06-21-2013, 02:22 AM
It's easy to be classy when you won. :lol But good props for Kawhi.

HI-FI
06-21-2013, 02:24 AM
i might have to see how his numbers in these Finals compared to other greats. I thought he was something else. what's sad is this season I was voicing my issues over Pop and Manu, both of whom screwed us the most. But I also kept saying I thought Kawhi has some MJ potential. Maybe not as good, but real special nonetheless.

check out this video and i can imagine Kawhi making similar badass moves to that music. I thought some of his shots in these Finals were almost as impressive as Lebron's and he's only 21.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWvxijHNWB4

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 02:30 AM
We all witnessed throughout the season and playoffs the birth of a star. I hope that he is a Spur for life and that he gets another shot at winning a championship. Duncan and Kawhi deserved a ring. Thanks a lot Pop and Manu!

I think that Kawhi should decline that invitation for Team USA practice. He needs to rest those knees. IMO I think that part of the reason why Kawhi had those knee issues throughout the season is because the Spurs made a big mistake in playing him in the summer league. Seriously, he was our starting small forward last year so why the hell would Pop and the FO play him in the summer league?

Whatever. I'm very proud of Kawhi. I hope that he has a long and healthy career as a Spur. He will officially replace Manu as part of the big 3 next year.

InK
06-21-2013, 02:35 AM
Man, that statement is epic.

Mojazz
06-21-2013, 02:38 AM
Kawhi is a perfect Spurs... Silent and fundamental... He lets his game do the talking! I hope he stays as a Spur til the end.

blizz
06-21-2013, 02:48 AM
We all witnessed throughout the season and playoffs the birth of a star. I hope that he is a Spur for life and that he gets another shot at winning a championship. Duncan and Kawhi deserved a ring. Thanks a lot Pop and Manu!

I think that Kawhi should decline that invitation for Team USA practice. He needs to rest those knees. IMO I think that part of the reason why Kawhi had those knee issues throughout the season is because the Spurs made a big mistake in playing him in the summer league. Seriously, he was our starting small forward last year so why the hell would Pop and the FO play him in the summer league?

Whatever. I'm very proud of Kawhi. I hope that he has a long and healthy career as a Spur. He will officially replace Manu as part of the big 3 next year.
Leonard played in maybe 2 games then they called him home. Wtf are u talking about?

elmanutres
06-21-2013, 03:01 AM
the question is will kawhi be the kind of player that can take you to the promised land like timmy, kobe, lebron, shaq, jordan, bird, magic etc , or will he be a player that can only take you so far (reggie miller, jason kidd, patrick ewing, chris webber, charles barkley, basically guys that were good but couldn't win the big one.) That is my biggest concern

Pelezinho
06-21-2013, 03:02 AM
Kawhi is a perfect Spurs... Silent and fundamental... He lets his game do the talking! I hope he stays as a Spur til the end.
agreed, silent and fundamental, just like Timmy when he first came to the Spurs.

SanDiegoSpursFan
06-21-2013, 03:04 AM
the question is will kawhi be the kind of player that can take you to the promised land like timmy, kobe, lebron, shaq, jordan, bird, magic etc , or will he be a player that can only take you so far (reggie miller, jason kidd, patrick ewing, chris webber, charles barkley, basically guys that were good but couldn't win the big one.) That is my biggest concern
I highly doubt Kawhi is gonna be as good as any of those guys.

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 03:06 AM
the question is will kawhi be the kind of player that can take you to the promised land like timmy, kobe, lebron, shaq, jordan, bird, magic etc , or will he be a player that can only take you so far (reggie miller, jason kidd, patrick ewing, chris webber, charles barkley, basically guys that were good but couldn't win the big one.) That is my biggest concernHe has Scottie Pippen potential. He needs to work on his passing. Just like Scottie, he will need another superstar to be Batman. A Kobe in his prime or Lebron would be perfect.

rmt
06-21-2013, 03:08 AM
Love KL's attitude. Even though he was obviously disappointed, he sees the Finals as a learning opportunity. And really, he left it all out on the floor so he couldn't do anything more. He needs to rest up his knees, get rid of the tendonitis, practise his ball handling and fast break.

Green sounds much worse than KL - disappointed in his poor play, not being there for Duncan and Leonard - hope this experience makes him work hard on his game - maybe a mid-range shot and handling the ball.

admiralsnackbar
06-21-2013, 03:11 AM
I highly doubt Kawhi is gonna be as good as any of those guys.

You highly don't know shit about basketball. Kawhi was the only reason the Spurs were in game 7 in the first place (and Timmy).

SanDiegoSpursFan
06-21-2013, 03:17 AM
You highly don't know shit about basketball. Kawhi was the only reason the Spurs were in game 7 in the first place (and Timmy).
7 of the players he listed are top 10 all-time and the other 5 are at least in the top 50.

davidbowie
06-21-2013, 03:19 AM
Hate giving these stupid ass heat players credit. but I am glad they are being classy back.

lol yeah from what i've seen they have been nothing be incredibly kind and thoughtful when talking about the spurs.

admiralsnackbar
06-21-2013, 03:22 AM
Read the second sentence.

You can take a shit on my forehead if Leonard fails to have a better career than Webber, Miller, or Ewing. What's the last time you saw a 2nd year rookie have a real impact on a team's season?

SanDiegoSpursFan
06-21-2013, 03:29 AM
Read the second sentence.

You can take a shit on my forehead if Leonard fails to have a better career than Webber, Miller, or Ewing. What's the last time you saw a 2nd year rookie have a real impact on a team's season?
Ewing and Webber are 20/10 guys for their careers, so it'll be tough for him to get on that level. I think he can surpass Miller.

UZER
06-21-2013, 03:35 AM
posted this in another thread....

everyone always talks about how they love and respect duncan, but not one of these fuckers wanna help this dude get a ring ever in his career. but theyll run around like litlle girls on cell phones trying to team up and make superfriends. dude is the best most unselfish teammate you could ever have and will let you have all the spotlight. its like hes the really nice guy and awesome person in school but he jsut doesnt have enough money and cool toys for other really cool kids to want to be friends with him.

fuck their compliments.

polandprzem
06-21-2013, 03:41 AM
If he hit that crucial 3 and spurs win it could give me something but now. It does not make any difference.

admiralsnackbar
06-21-2013, 03:43 AM

everyone always talks about how they love and respect duncan, but not one of these fuckers wanna help this dude get a ring ever in his career. but theyll run around like litlle girls on cell phones trying to team up and make superfriends. dude is the best most unselfish teammate you could ever have and will let you have all the spotlight. its like hes the really nice guy and awesome person in school but he jsut doesnt have enough money and cool toys for other really cool kids to want to be friends with him.

fuck their compliments.

All you've done is talk shit about this team this week. Fuck your compliments.

Atl Spur
06-21-2013, 03:44 AM
News flash!!! Kawhi has heart and rest can be taught!

InK
06-21-2013, 04:16 AM

fuck their compliments.

:lol Real Talk

UZER
06-21-2013, 04:25 AM
All you've done is talk shit about this team this week. Fuck your compliments.

:lol ok dude.

exstatic
06-21-2013, 07:03 AM
Ewing and Webber are 20/10 guys for their careers, so it'll be tough for him to get on that level. I think he can surpass Miller.

So was Derrick Coleman. Some guys just put up numbers.

Dverde
06-21-2013, 07:18 AM
Duncan will retire after next year and the Spurs will resign him with that money. i agree with him not being a top 10 player, but I think can average 18 ppg and 8 rebs.

dabom
04-15-2016, 02:14 AM
Kawhi is the future.
:lol

wingster
04-15-2016, 04:17 AM
That crap he spoke about Tiago not being able to guard him...sure wasn't the case just a year later.

NameLess Scrub
04-15-2016, 08:32 AM
The amount of old thread bumping in this board :lol