PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili is the most rational / realistic player ever

Gino-Step
06-21-2013, 02:32 AM
And it hurt him late in his career.

The way he's played since coming into the league was years beyond anything the league had seen. Inventing new moves and creativity. He played a style of only threes or drives and a method to his madness that had advanced stats people drooling. Knowing the midrange shot is inefficient. Gunning a three in every 2 for 1 end of quarter end of half situation. Taking open threes regardless of when during a shot clock it was cause in his view it's about what's my chances of getting a better shot not how much is left on the shot clock. He saw the floor and passed with incredible wizardry. This is what gave him confidence to tell Pop this is what I do. It's also why his teams always wins. Him being on your squad means teaching players moves like Eurostep, floaters, he single handedly made Parker a better reader of the floor. He knew in his mind about efficiency and willingly came off the bench because he knows he will get more touched in a condensed period of time and less minutes was not as important as touches. He also knew this put him at an advantage playing against subs etc. I also don't think Manu works that much during the offseason. All his skills are instincts vision intelligence and skill. He's not a workout guy or someone shooting till they close the gym. He's a pure intelligence based player.

His rationality and logic is also why he's atheist. He runs a math club as his charity I mean that's how logical and numerical he is. Manu would make a great GM but long story short its why he's failed.

Duncan is a dreamer. He believes regardless of age or situation it's possible to win a championship.

Manu approaches the game purely looking at odds. "Chances are we won't win 3 straight at home" "yeah I had a good game but probably won't play as well next game". "Really Game 6 was our opportunity. It's not likely to get 2 chances." Because he's so sure about why you win and why you lose it doesn't hurt him as much to lose cause he's rationalized it. He thinks it's good enough. He thinks we got unlucky in Game 6. He isn't as eager to win a championship cause he knows the difference even if we had won tonight would be sheer lucky play / bounce and not real difference between being Miami or SA right now. This attitude is why he is who he is but also why he can't go for the impossible.

Nathan89
06-21-2013, 02:36 AM
Duncan is still a stud. Gino is terrible and he recognizes it.

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 02:36 AM
Manu is a very self-conscious guy. Very self-aware. He's smart. Trust me, I bet this series will haunt him for a very long time. He knows it.

ElNono
06-21-2013, 02:37 AM
I don't often post but when I do it's usually because I have something important to say. Now I don't want you to take this personal but your threads are terrible. Again I don't know who you are, what you do, etc but I certainly hope that your contribution to this website is not the culmination of your life.

Gino-Step
06-21-2013, 02:38 AM
Manu is a very self-conscious guy. Very self-aware. He's smart. Trust me, I bet this series will haunt him for a very long time. He knows it.

Manu has had a horrible 12-13 year. Almost the exact opposite to his Olympics + near Finals MVP 04-05 year. Lost the bronze medal to Alexey Shved's lucky 3 from 30 ft then lost the NBA championship to 2 last threes by Miami in Game 6.

3 Legged Dog
06-21-2013, 02:41 AM
Manu had 8 game 6 turnovers and went 1 of 2 at the line at the end of game 6. This prompts you to come on here and laid him for being an atheist mathematician realist? The reality is that he shit the bed. Come t think of it, so did you with an awful post.

ps
Duncan showed up for the finals. your atheist did not. Duncan produced. Your mathematician choked.

Chinook
06-21-2013, 02:43 AM
I don't often post but when I do it's usually because I have something important to say. Now I don't want you to take this personal but your threads are terrible. Again I don't know who you are, what you do, etc but I certainly hope that your contribution to this website is not the culmination of your life.

Well played.

JMGpp
06-21-2013, 02:43 AM
So you're saying he thought that it was rationally to think Argentina could win consecutive matchups against team USA... not dreamed but logical, I don't think so at all, the willingness it is there, just the body doesn't take him there anymore. Also, I reeeaaaallllly don't think "it doesn't affect him as much" it's close to be truth at all.

3 Legged Dog
06-21-2013, 02:44 AM
Manu has had a horrible 12-13 year. Almost the exact opposite to his Olympics + near Finals MVP 04-05 year. Lost the bronze medal to Alexey Shved's lucky 3 from 30 ft then lost the NBA championship to 2 last threes by Miami in Game 6.

He didn't lose the 13 finals because of 2 flukish 3s. He lost because he choked. 8 turnovers and 1or 2 FTs because he REALISTICALLY choked.

3 Legged Dog
06-21-2013, 02:46 AM
I don't often post.

67,000 posts. :)

Gino-Step
06-21-2013, 02:46 AM
Entering the Olympics he said the goal was Bronze in 2012

Gino-Step
06-21-2013, 02:49 AM
So if Parker was 6-15 with 8 turnovers that'd be still really bad no? Instead of turnovers he had 8 more missed shots for 6-23 in Game 6

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 02:51 AM
I've been a huge Manu hater ever since the NBA finals begun. I will never forgive Manu and Pop for costing Duncan his 5th ring and Kawhi's possibly only shot at ever winning a championship.

That being said, I was sad to see how Manu looked the way he did in these finals. He looked way past his prime, he looked emotionally weak, he looked like he was content at winning only three titles, and he looked like he lost his passion for the game. Clearly he didn't believe the Spurs ever had a chance. If he really feels this way and no longer enjoys playing basketball or he doesn't have that hunger to win anymore, then he needs to retire. Spurs really need his salary space to sign someone else on the team to back up Tony Parker.

I will always love Manu for the three championships he contributed to but I will never forget the way he and Pop cost us the #5.

3 Legged Dog
06-21-2013, 02:57 AM
So if Parker was 6-15 with 8 turnovers that'd be still really bad no? Instead of turnovers he had 8 more missed shots for 6-23 in Game 6

On one leg, Tony hit a 3 made a dynamic layup and had a steal (all in the last minute and a half of the 4th) to single handedly put us in a position to win. Then your atheist fucking choked. Oh yes, and he had EIGHT turnovers

Gino-Step
06-21-2013, 02:58 AM
Exactly. He became too mature and have a couple kids. He doesn't have the passion. And you'll never hear "I promise to come back stronger and revenge etc" cause he's too rational. He believes he'll be worse next year than this year no matter what.

He'll probably retire or play in an internatiional city like NYK with Pablo for a year of NY fun ala David Beckham style

Gino-Step
06-21-2013, 02:59 AM
But you see he passes to Kawhi when Kawhi is better etc. that's a benefit cause he's rational about who is good.

Parker on the other hand is a selfish player

ElNono
06-21-2013, 03:06 AM
I've met Manu personally, have probably translated 30+ articles written by Manu himself over the years, and I still can't reconcile it with the garbage in this thread, tbh...

He doesn't have the passion? content with 3 rings? smh

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 03:10 AM
I've met Manu personally, have probably translated 30+ articles written by Manu himself over the years, and I still can't reconcile it with the garbage in this thread, tbh...

He doesn't have the passion? content with 3 rings? smhI said HE LOST his passion. Big difference. Just watch every interview during these NBA finals.

Sean Cagney
06-21-2013, 03:11 AM

He doesn't have the passion? content with 3 rings? smh
Nono forget it tonight man! Some are venting still and talking out of it! He helped us win three rings and I WILL ALWAYS LOVE THE GUY! PERIOD!

Johnny RIngo
06-21-2013, 03:17 AM
Last time Manu was really motivated for basketball was in that bullshit FIBA tournament last year. Argentina's his top priority I guess. He half-assed it for the Spurs this season.

ElNono
06-21-2013, 03:18 AM
I said HE LOST his passion. Big difference. Just watch every interview during these NBA finals.

I did. He was like he always has been, tough with himself. A person without passion doesn't give a shit. Let me add that Manu isn't a guy that necessarily likes to talk to the media. But he had no option here, since it's mandated by the league.

Add that a bunch of those answers are turned into full-blown narratives, like TP's "my hamstring gonna tear".

He writes a column occasionally for an Argie newspaper. I translate most of those and share them here. It's probably a more accurate picture, since he writes them himself whenever he wants. Do a search for "Manu Article", there's a bunch there up until the Finals.

spursince#99
06-21-2013, 03:21 AM

:lol I thought you were joking when you stated this on a previous thread that I read, but now I see you were serious :lmao

ElNono
06-21-2013, 03:22 AM
Nono forget it tonight man! Some are venting still and talking out of it! He helped us win three rings and I WILL ALWAYS LOVE THE GUY! PERIOD!

Meh, everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Manu has aged, and not so well, and probably his current role surpassed him this season. He had overall a bad series too.

I just thought this whole 'realization' the OP had was just a lot of hot air.

SayTown
06-21-2013, 03:23 AM
To Manu Argentina>Spurs

ElNono
06-21-2013, 03:25 AM
:lol I thought you were joking when you stated this on a previous thread that I read, but now I see you were serious :lmao

:lol that was actually something some user posted out of the blue in one of the troll threads I started a while back, and the consensus was that it's hilarious. It's not been just me using it since then, tbh

SayTown
06-21-2013, 03:25 AM
Who cares about Argentina here, it's all about the Spurs, who is writing Manu's checks

Chinook
06-21-2013, 03:27 AM
Duncan is a dreamer. He believes regardless of age or situation it's possible to win a championship.

Manu approaches the game purely looking at odds.

It's funny you think that when their styles of play suggest the opposite. Duncan believes in fundamentals and understands the changes he has to undergo physically to keep playing at a high level. Ginobili is more about taking chances and going against the odds. Duncan doesn't try to do anything he can't and stays within himself. Ginobili attempts to make the hard pass or go for the long contested shot. Duncan's been extremely realistic regarding his age while Ginobili has yet to come to grips with his declining game.

Believing the Spurs couldn't win three straight in San Antonio wasn't the rational thing. Subjective probability is inherently irrational. Understanding that objective probabilty is created from the aggregation of individual, independent events is rational. In other words, the rational view is that you make your own odds.

None of this is to say that Ginobili isn't a rational person or that his views are without merit. It is to say that connecting a "realistic view" with a defeatist attitude is not the sign of a rational mind.

SayTown
06-21-2013, 03:36 AM
Manu playing in the Olympics caused the Spurs the Championship no doubt

InK
06-21-2013, 04:46 AM
Manu playing in the Olympics caused the Spurs the Championship no doubt

Parker, Splitter, Diaw, Decolo also played there. What did that cost?

therealtruth
06-21-2013, 04:47 AM
Manu used to be the best closer. I always liked when he got to the free throw line late in playoff games because you knew he was going to close. I didn't get that feeling this time and sure enough he missed a free throw.

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 04:48 AM
Parker, Splitter, Diaw, Decolo also played there. What did that cost?They all got injured throughout the season. Parker was injured throughout the playoffs.

InK
06-21-2013, 04:49 AM
They all got injured throughout the season. Parker was injured throughout the playoffs.

So what did that cost us?

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 05:21 AM
So what did that cost us?Cost us a shitty version of TP in the finals and possibly another micro-reason on why the Spurs didn't win the title.

SayTown
06-21-2013, 06:13 AM
Parker, Splitter, Diaw, Decolo also played there. What did that cost?

comparing Parker, Splitter, Diaw, Decolo to Ginobili end of story

Gino-Step
06-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Ginobili's latest article proves my point. He rationalized everything to a game of chances and luck. Case closed.

elmanutres
06-25-2013, 09:14 PM
theres not much to say when father time catches up to your ass. and unfortunately for manu, father time caught up at the worst moment

kemak
06-25-2013, 09:17 PM

Lol I don't post often? 67,500 post count = your generous contribution

ElNono
06-25-2013, 09:18 PM
smh, tbh :lol

Brazil
06-26-2013, 11:55 AM
:lmao dear god

:lol GNSFs
:lol NASFs
:lol replying without reading
:lol ElNono wasting his time
:lol OP
:lol this thread
:lol kemak
:lol Gino-Step
:lol "I don't often post but when I do it's usually because I have something important to say. Now I don't want you to take this personal but your threads are terrible. Again I don't know who you are, what you do, etc but I certainly hope that your contribution to this website is not the culmination of your life."

MmP
06-26-2013, 12:10 PM
I do believe that Olympics may have influence Manu's season and he knows it. Regarding losing his passion..smh..

Fabbs
06-26-2013, 12:13 PM
So if Parker was 6-15 with 8 turnovers that'd be still really bad no? Instead of turnovers he had 8 more missed shots for 6-23 in Game 6Parker sucked ass but he nutted up and had the trey and then the nifty reverse layup to put us up by three. Coach Mo-rons failure to foul before the shot -certainly foul the rebounder Bosh- was an all time clutz move.

Knoxxx
06-26-2013, 12:27 PM
What is Manu's veritical? I saw a discussion 10 years ago suggesting it may be as high as 38 inches which if true was elite. I am sure he has lost a few from that if true, but he still gets up quite well!

Horse
06-26-2013, 12:57 PM
And it hurt him late in his career.

The way he's played since coming into the league was years beyond anything the league had seen. Inventing new moves and creativity. He played a style of only threes or drives and a method to his madness that had advanced stats people drooling. Knowing the midrange shot is inefficient. Gunning a three in every 2 for 1 end of quarter end of half situation. Taking open threes regardless of when during a shot clock it was cause in his view it's about what's my chances of getting a better shot not how much is left on the shot clock. He saw the floor and passed with incredible wizardry. This is what gave him confidence to tell Pop this is what I do. It's also why his teams always wins. Him being on your squad means teaching players moves like Eurostep, floaters, he single handedly made Parker a better reader of the floor. He knew in his mind about efficiency and willingly came off the bench because he knows he will get more touched in a condensed period of time and less minutes was not as important as touches. He also knew this put him at an advantage playing against subs etc. I also don't think Manu works that much during the offseason. All his skills are instincts vision intelligence and skill. He's not a workout guy or someone shooting till they close the gym. He's a pure intelligence based player.

His rationality and logic is also why he's atheist. He runs a math club as his charity I mean that's how logical and numerical he is. Manu would make a great GM but long story short its why he's failed.

Manu approaches the game purely looking at odds. "Chances are we won't win 3 straight at home" "yeah I had a good game but probably won't play as well next game". "Really Game 6 was our opportunity. It's not likely to get 2 chances." Because he's so sure about why you win and why you lose it doesn't hurt him as much to lose cause he's rationalized it. He thinks it's good enough. He thinks we got unlucky in Game 6. He isn't as eager to win a championship cause he knows the difference even if we had won tonight would be sheer lucky play / bounce and not real difference between being Miami or SA right now. This attitude is why he is who he is but also why he can't go for the impossible.

And how can you argue with Duncan, he was a free throw, a rebound, a bad coaching decison or a Manu turnover from winning a championship at 37.