PDA

View Full Version : Free Throws: The Truth can be FUNNY! LAFF A LITTLE!

hussker
07-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Fellow SPURS FANS...Just have to post a hilarious snippet from the San Antonio Express News Sports page, Writer: Johnny Ludden...

"Oberto teamed with Ginobili, Scola and Chicago's Andres Nocioni when Argentina upset the United States in the 2002 World Championships. The team beat Team USA again last summer on the way to the gold medal in Athens.

Having established himself as one of the best big men in Europe, Oberto had hoped in recent years to join Ginobili in making the jump to the NBA. The Spurs, whose center and power forward positions are basically interchangeable, think he will fit nicely into their rotation. He also is a poor free-throw shooter, so he should feel comfortable among his new teammates. "

That is TOO DAMN FUNNY!

GO SPURS GO!!!!

TRIX IN OH-SIX!

:spin

midgetonadonkey
07-15-2005, 09:13 PM
That is funny but also sad at the same time. I hope, next season, we show everybody that we can hit the FTs. Duncan will go for 75% next season. Bank on it.

hussker
07-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Don't know about 75%, but we can win without the FT. That is PROOF that D wins championships...

Boo
07-15-2005, 11:22 PM
didnt we sign that shooting coach who is known for being one of the best?

maybe he can fix or FT woes.

milkyway21
07-16-2005, 02:48 AM
:lmao

BTW, read an an article about the Oberto signing from Foxsports.........

Huge props to the Spurs.

Those guys are just smart.

The Spurs have reportedly come to an agreement in principle with Argentinean center Fabrico Oberto.

Oberto can play. He is skilled, can rebound, and has played against tough competition. He'll help immediately (because the champs will need so much help.) ??? :rolleyes

hussker
07-16-2005, 10:13 PM
Who is the coach hired to fix our FT woes? Calvin Murphy? Hey, we can use him...Baton Twirling for three hrs a day, FT for 5...

hussker
07-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Do we have a new shot coach coming onboard? I live in College Sattion now and it is hard to hear 1200 or 760 on my radio

Marcus Bryant
07-22-2005, 11:47 PM
If the Spurs hired Calvin Murphy I'd have to reassess my fandom.