PDA

View Full Version : Ok... man up... who cried?

hsxvvd
06-21-2013, 04:16 AM
I was choked. ... I probably would have cried more if they won, but I'm man enough to say I had water in my eyes.

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 04:19 AM
Oh I cried. I started tearing when Tim Duncan's hook shot rolled off the rim and even more when he tapped the floor. That ball rolling off the rim was TD's 5th ring slipping away.

dg7md
06-21-2013, 04:20 AM
Nah.

Real men do cry but not at sporting events where we looked defeated. I expected this since game 6.

Texas_Ranger
didn't cry, If I had to cry it would be after game 6, but I was too shocked looking at my tv screen for 2 hours...

KaiRMD1
I choked watching the post game interviews to be quite honest. Was definitely going to cry had we won.

Kool Bob Love
06-21-2013, 04:23 AM
:cry
FUCK MAN

TE
06-21-2013, 04:27 AM
No, didn't cry. I was close to crying while seeing Timmy's postgame interview. That shit was unbearably depressing and sad.

Duncanforthree
06-21-2013, 04:28 AM
Yeah I was ready to release the water works if we won but all I could muster was my eyes filling when Timmy couldn't get the tip in.

My fiance and sister were flowing though. Not outright sobbing just freely running tears.

I was more stunned after Game 6. No tears then just stunned disbelief.

Oh silly sports.

Thebesteva
06-21-2013, 04:29 AM
For some reason when Lebron was up there with David Stern and he was sporting a massive boner as he handed over the trophy....that famous quote hit me,"They say evil prevails when good men fail to act, what they aught to say is evil prevails"

davidbowie
06-21-2013, 04:31 AM
honestly game six hurt more. if we woudlve won i def would ve cried

KL2
06-21-2013, 04:32 AM
I didn't really care, I was more angry last game, this game I expected SA to lose. It's one thing to lose because the team isn't playing well, and another because of a single player's idiotic actions that lead to a loss. This series was officiated pretty well too so I had no complaints about that.

I can never forgive Manu for what he did in game 6, he used to be one of my favorite players but his selfish erratic play has totally ruined what I think of him as a player. I hope to never see him in a Spurs uniform again.

TE
06-21-2013, 04:33 AM
After game 6, I went outside and spent time pondering on the deets of an astrophysics article I read earlier in the day, albeit drunkenly hammered as fuck. Fell asleep shortly after and felt the agony the morning after.

Darius McCrary
06-21-2013, 04:34 AM
I teared up when Duncan missed his chip shot and slapped the floor, and teared up again when I heard Danny and Duncan and Pop's interviews.

hsxvvd
06-21-2013, 04:36 AM
I didn't really care, I was more angry last game, this game I expected SA to lose. It's one thing to lose because the team isn't playing well, and another because of a single player's idiotic actions that lead to a loss. This series was officiated pretty well too so I had no complaints about that.

I can never forgive Manu for what he did in game 6, he used to be one of my favorite players but his selfish erratic play has totally ruined what I think of him as a player. I hope to never see him in a Spurs uniform again.

I thought this too, but this is the price you pay when the guy simply wants to win so much but just doesn't have it in him. That same recklessness is what got us over the line so many times. The heart of a champion without the physical ability to match anymore. All is forgiven here.

Bruno
06-21-2013, 04:49 AM
As much as I love this Spurs team and as much the game 6 and 7 losses are tough, there are no way I would cried over a basketball game.

boutons_deux
06-21-2013, 04:53 AM
"The heart of a champion without the physical ability"

I'm astonished not at his physical errors, decline, but for his stupidity. Where's the wily smarts of a deeply experienced vet?

mudyez
06-21-2013, 05:02 AM
I thought I would cry and it would have been proud tears, but as the game turned out it was hard to cry. It was just too much of a "we lost to the better team" feeling and after two days game6 wasn't that hard to swallow anymore.

I may cry the next few hours when everything sunk in...And maybe it will be a relieve, as I'm just feeling numb right now.

It all feels like when your girlfriend breaks up with you and you know it was unavoidable. This numb feeling, crying later, maybe dealing with it some days/weeks later.

Cry Havoc
06-21-2013, 05:10 AM
Too stunned to cry.

angelbelow
06-21-2013, 05:11 AM
No.

If they actually won, maybe 5% chance.

naico
06-21-2013, 05:16 AM
It's just a game.

eds
06-21-2013, 05:27 AM
i did not cry, i stopped watching the game when lebron is shooting his freethrows because im not a masochist and i know its over. i congratulated miami then i stay away from the internet for hours. then here i am again, the postgame interview though........

spursparker9
06-21-2013, 05:33 AM
If all the Spurs played well I would probably shed a tear.

But I am too angry at Turnobili in game 6 to cry. If only his performance in game 7 could transfer to game 6...

emanueldavidginobili
06-21-2013, 05:53 AM
I had water in my eyes when the buzzer went off but I was really really reallly drunk

Pound the rock
06-21-2013, 06:46 AM
I teared up when Duncan slammed the floor, then went into my closet after game and was crying softy in the dark

ezau
06-21-2013, 06:52 AM
I cried in Game 6.

ErnestLynch
06-21-2013, 07:18 AM
You cried ? Man. Seek help.

kobyz
06-21-2013, 07:20 AM
i was, and still, too sad to cry...

tmtcsc
06-21-2013, 07:51 AM
No tears. We have 4 rings. The 5th would've been great and was ours. They gave it their all.

ffadicted
06-21-2013, 07:55 AM
I shed tears tbh lol nothing wrong about loving and being emotionally invested in something you're passionate about.
I've cried every single time Brasil lost in the world cup since I was old enough to remember lol

Dex
06-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Did not shed a tear. Honestly, I was fairly stoic after the Game 7 loss.

I might have punched/kicked a few inanimate objects after the Game 6 collapse, though.

Typical London Boy
06-21-2013, 08:52 AM
I didn't cry, because I felt resigned to defeat from the start and thus wasn't expecting much. It's a shame though, because I really wanted to get emotionally involved, but couldn't risk getting my hopes crushed again. There was an eery sense of formality by the time this had finished, but the poll options shouldn't necessarily be so black and white. Real men can cry, and at this - it's just that I didn't.

The ONLY plus, for me, is that Games 6 and 7 weren't the other way around.

703 Spurz
06-21-2013, 09:00 AM
I didn't cry. I just felt like someone punched me in the stomach. I had the same feeling on Tuesday night and I'll tell you I'm glad this shit is over.

porscha
06-21-2013, 09:18 AM
as a die hard spurs fan I have never cried but last night I can't stop my tears....timmy does not needs another title to proven himself, he is always the champ for me but I wanted this one so much for timmy, after all that he's been through I just wanted so much to see a happy smile on his face!
I also cried for manu, manu has always been my hero and I wanted so much to see him be manu again :(

p.s. I HATE Amy Sherrill

200 miles
06-21-2013, 09:22 AM
After last night's game as well as the game before that, I was just too enraged to cry. Honestly, I felt like I wanted to punch a steer in the head.

ThaBigFundamental21
06-21-2013, 09:24 AM
i was, and still, too sad to cry...

This. It's hard to explain. But I am too deeply sad to cry. It hurts. I am dealing with the pain very poorly. Duncan pounding the ground, and the game 6 meltdown. I can't hardly take it. Tim hasn't had any help at C/PF since Robinson retired. It's not right.

Keepin' it real
06-21-2013, 09:26 AM
After Game 6, a couple of silent tears were shed, because that's when (truly) the Spurs lost the NBA title. Game 7 was simply acceptance, the final stage of grief.

Spur|n|Austin
06-21-2013, 09:26 AM
Too angry - far too angry.

sammy
06-21-2013, 09:29 AM
For some reason when Lebron was up there with David Stern and he was sporting a massive boner as he handed over the trophy....that famous quote hit me,"They say evil prevails when good men fail to act, what they aught to say is evil prevails"

I totally agree!

Uncle Drew
06-21-2013, 09:32 AM

:lol Kobe fans and their insecurity of LeBron.

Gibbz
06-21-2013, 09:34 AM
Losers cry in defeat.

dbreiden83080
06-21-2013, 09:35 AM
I was too enraged to cry after game 6..

Trimble87
06-21-2013, 09:41 AM
Did not tear up at all after the game. Game 6 was the heartbreaker, this one did not have that same feel.

That said I felt terrible for Tim. Missing that layup and his reaction to it, then his press conference. I have that deep sadness you feel in your gut when thinking of how bad that is/will hurt Duncan every time he thinks of it. No tears tho...

sammy
06-21-2013, 09:50 AM
I did! I'm heartbroken especially for Timmy, Manu & Danny! I'm still crying but I'm a girl so can do that! So proud of my Spurs! :toast The hatred I feel for the undeserving cheat continues! Those bitches think they are so good when they play in the weakest conference! Fuck those bitches!:bang

Kidd K
06-21-2013, 09:51 AM
I didn't. My sadness came after game 6, but no crying after that either. After game 7, I was just extremely disappointed.

The way the game was rounding out, the end was kind of obvious. It never seemed like we could win unless we got lucky, which we didn't. Spurs were scratching and clawing for every point while the Heat were just banging easy shots all night. It's like Pop expected the Heat wouldn't be able to hit jumpers since it was game 7. Yeah, well it isn't that had when they're wide open all night.

Knew Duncan would get gassed and be somewhat unable to help at the end too since he was relied upon too much up until then. Dude had barely any help and the Spurs really just threw the game away with all the turnovers in the 4th.

Maybe I would've been more sad if we just got beat rather than lose from the inside out beating ourselves and making it much more difficult to win.

sjacquemotte
06-21-2013, 09:54 AM
When Manu drove and then threw it away, I beat the crap out of my couch.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-21-2013, 09:58 AM
I didn't cry at first, then I thought about Timmy, and tears came. Great player, class act, least deserving guy to be screwed out of a wedding ring and a 5th championship ring. He really deserve this, but Pop and Manu ruined their legacies and unfortunately as Duncan was improving his, he had to suffer for it.

BillMc
06-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Timmy and Danny's post game interviews were brutal. Welled up a bit then. Also, when Timmy was walking off the court.

ShooGazer
06-21-2013, 10:14 AM
I was pretty stoic throughout the game while at the bar with friends. Once I got home though and started checking out the post-game interviews and forums, it just sucks. This aftershock effect sucks. Almost wanted to tear up but I'm just pretty bummed.

doobs
06-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Real men do cry, but not over silly things like sports.

timvp
06-21-2013, 11:07 AM
Nah. I've just been numb since what happened in Game 6.

SpursDynasty21
06-21-2013, 11:10 AM
I'll admit that I cried.

Budkin
06-21-2013, 11:16 AM
I was in complete shock after game 6. No way I could have cried. Game 7 seemed like it was a foregone conclusion.

Sa_Spursfan20
06-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Nah. I've just been numb since what happened in Game 6.

Kind of this. I was disappointed last night, but game 6 took the impact out of it.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Didn't cry. I cried in 04 and 06 tbh, but right now I feel nothing.

Still can't believe this happend to us.

jag
06-21-2013, 11:35 AM
As soon as the final buzzer sounded, I went fetal position, weeping uncontrollably. I was inconsolable.

My girlfriend heard my cries of desperation, found me on the floor and then drove me to the emergency room at a local hospital. I was stabilized sometime in the early morning hours.

Rough night, tbh...

06-21-2013, 11:39 AM
It was a basketball game that none of us played in.....

Although I was sadder than I care to admit. Seeing Duncan slam the floor at the end... that was terrible. Nothing can erase that pain, except another championship.

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Didn't cry, but it felt like I was being stabbed because of how close we were.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-21-2013, 11:42 AM
If any Heat fan talks smack, we can always reply: "Congratulations on your 4th championship........Oh, wait."

8FOR!3
06-21-2013, 11:42 AM
I wanted to but I just didn't have it in me. If this was really an end of an era, I'd be devastated. But next year the same team will be back, a couple of differences.

baseline bum
06-21-2013, 11:50 AM
:lol crying over a basketball game

I mean the loss hurt and all (moreso than any other in franchise history), but it's not like a family member died.

NickiRasgo
06-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Honestly, I cried. :( I'm still depressed right now. Like what timvp said, he can't blame us if we're emotionally invested just like me. Spurs has been a big part of my childhood life, they're the reason why I love basketball. Because of them, I learned how to play and developed my skill in basketball. They're my inspiration too. It's just really really sad esp. seeing Tim Duncan like that. Not to mention he just lost his wife few months ago, he doesn't deserved that! Just really really sad. :(

daslicer
06-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Game 6 made me numb for last few days that I couldn't even cry. The feeling I got from this game is the same feeling you get when your in school taking finals for a class you hate. You know most likely the odds of passing are not that good but your just glad to get it out of the way. That's pretty much how I felt about this game.

Brunodf
06-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Not me, and i was one of the true believers since the beginning of the season.

i can't say i didn't see this shit coming the moment that Pop tried to beat the Heat playing their game.

phxspurfan
06-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Game 6 tore my heart out and dented my chest plate

yesterday I was so cynical that every time LeBron hit one of those fluke shots (and Wade, and Battier, and Chalmers...) and every time Manu had another turnover and every time Duncan missed a layup

oh forget it

kemak
06-21-2013, 01:26 PM
Definitely fucked up my hand punching a wall.

spurraider21
06-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Too stunned to cry.
this.
just had a blank stare that didn't go away

Duncanforthree
06-21-2013, 11:54 PM
If you didn't cry at some point or get choked up you fall into one of the following categories:

A. You don't love this team as much as you think you do.

B. You are a cynical hard person that knows the existence of a loving God is unlikely and shit happens.

C. You had your tear ducts removed due to a medical condition and you wanted to cry but couldn't. NOT your fault

D. You are a machismo asshole that took it out on your wife/girlfriend/both and fell asleep with empty beer cans all around you.

E. You have no soul. Not to be confused with B ..

F. You believe in CIA Pop and know he is just pulling a slow burn on the Heat by spotting them this Chip so we can take it from them next year.

Me? I'm easy. I cried. A little.

Spurs7794
06-22-2013, 12:07 AM
I thought I would cry after game 6. But that loss was so surreal...that my mind just numbed itself. I watched game 7 like a zombie...zero yelling or emotions (I was way more into every playoff game and many regular season games than this one). It just felt like a foregone conclusion. I felt blank as I watched Tim Duncan, my favorite player ever miss that layup....I felt blank seeing him devastated. As the game ended, I stared blankly at the screen....then walked into the bathroom and cried for a minute. It's like two days of terrible emotions came out right then.

Granted this is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but when you love a team (TRULY LOVE A TEAM), it hurts. Couple that with Game 6 being maybe the most devastating loss in NBA history and I'll readily admit that I cried for the first time for the Spurs since I was 11 in 1995.

Stabula
06-22-2013, 12:22 AM
Game 6 was the time to cry.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2013, 12:28 AM
I thought I would cry after game 6. But that loss was so surreal...that my mind just numbed itself. I watched game 7 like a zombie...zero yelling or emotions (I was way more into every playoff game and many regular season games than this one). It just felt like a foregone conclusion. I felt blank as I watched Tim Duncan, my favorite player ever miss that layup....I felt blank seeing him devastated. As the game ended, I stared blankly at the screen....then walked into the bathroom and cried for a minute. It's like two days of terrible emotions came out right then.
Granted this is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but when you love a team (TRULY LOVE A TEAM), it hurts. Couple that with Game 6 being maybe the most devastating loss in NBA history and I'll readily admit that I cried for the first time for the Spurs since I was 11 in 1995.This was the second time I cried for the Spurs.

The first time was last year after Game 6 of the WCF @ OKC. Last year's cry was a different type of cry though. I was raging. I wanted to burn $tern and those fu*king ref$ alive for robbing us of a Game 7.

Last night's cry were a couple of tears as I watched Duncan's 5th slipping away when he missed that hook shot.

BTW I lived and enjoyed all four of the Spurs championshiops and I've seen all of the Spurs struggles and hearbreaking losses. I never once shed a tear until last year. I guess I'm becoming more EMO since I don't know how long it will be before Duncan retires. Oh God, I'm gonna cry so bad when Duncan actually retires.

elmanutres
06-22-2013, 01:36 AM
i wanted to cry but i couldn't. it was weird. but one thing for sure. i could not sleep till like 5 30 am. was up all night rolling and turning

hater
06-22-2013, 01:39 AM
not me nigga

I don't cry

hater don't cry

Duncanforthree
06-22-2013, 02:00 AM
So which category, Hater? Jk bro peace

Spurs Brazil
06-22-2013, 07:20 AM
Too stunned to cry.

same here, especially after game 6

Tim_duncan21
06-23-2013, 07:16 AM
I didn't cry but didn't feel good about the series especially for Tim.

AchillesHeel
06-23-2013, 07:27 AM
lol, crying over sports. they still get paid millions and losing was bad, but not as devastating as some make it up to be. No one died or got injured in those games.

And1Mak
06-23-2013, 07:28 AM
i definitely had tears

Quasar
06-23-2013, 08:46 AM
No tears... but have stayed away from all sports-related news since then just in case.

I haven't even looked at the final box score... I'm so disgusted... That was their chance!

Worse is that my favourite Spur played a big role in losing the championship... Manu oh manu. What happened? Hope he recovers from this and that they have an even better run next year!

ViceCity84
06-23-2013, 09:52 AM
I would of cried if they won,because beating this Heat with their best players past their prime and with marginal talent.
I felt nothing after they loss.I watch the replay on DVR again and saved all 7 games on VHS.Im psychotic,immune to heartbreak.I wish you guys can feel the same as me.

HB22inSA
06-23-2013, 11:23 AM
lol, crying over sports. they still get paid millions and losing was bad, but not as devastating as some make it up to be. No one died or got injured in those games.

Exactly.

Pop said it best during his season review. If this was the worst thing that happens to these guys, they are going to have an easy life.

There are much worse things.

therealtruth
06-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Not me, and i was one of the true believers since the beginning of the season.

i can't say i didn't see this shit coming the moment that Pop tried to beat the Heat playing their game.

I pretty much saw it coming also. Next year we need to learn to play with our advantages instead of adapting to the other team. Spoelstra knew his team was pretty much doomed if he played against our best defensive 5 man unit so he got Pop to throw away that advantage. The irony is he tried to make it seem like their problems were defensively. The problem was they couldn't score against us.

Brunodf
06-23-2013, 03:25 PM
I pretty much saw it coming also. Next year we need to learn to play with our advantages instead of adapting to the other team. Spoelstra knew his team was pretty much doomed if he played against our best defensive 5 man unit so he got Pop to throw away that advantage. The irony is he tried to make it seem like their problems were defensively. The problem was they couldn't score against us.
Agree

SilverSpur
06-23-2013, 09:59 PM
Didn't cry. I'm still in a fog, like this isn't real. Just doesn't feel right.

unforeseen
06-23-2013, 10:07 PM
It is only a game. Life goes on. Look forward to next season.

Knoxxx
06-23-2013, 10:08 PM
I didn't cry but remember feeling VERY VERY SAD. And yes the surreal part.

Sean Cagney
06-23-2013, 10:09 PM

I cry when I see your sig and wish I had a girl as hot as either of those three!!!!!! COT DAMN!
I didn't cry but remember feeling VERY VERY SAD. And yes the surreal part.

Everyone was sad, natural reaction there to be upset at the loss. They had it and then it was gone! POOF! That sucked most of all.

We will be alright though, life goes on and you will remember the good damn times when this fades. This team won alot.

SpursDynasty
06-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Spurs recovered from 0.4 by winning the 2005 championship.
Spurs recovered from Manu's foul on Dirk in Game 7 by winning the 2007 championship.
Calling it now. The Spurs will win the 2014 championship.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-24-2013, 03:38 AM
Nah, didn't cry, screamed FAAAAAARK!!! about 50 times then got hammered instead. :drunk

Did the job.

Now I just feel a sullen resentment towards the bounce of the ball.

eric365
06-24-2013, 04:30 AM
Didn't cry. I was expecting the loss before the game to prepare myself

Horry For 3!
06-24-2013, 07:09 AM
I never cried. I was in shock and depressed a bit after game 6. I was just pissed after game 7.

romain.star
06-24-2013, 07:25 AM
Never cried for a Sport event. This is just a game after all

urunobili
06-24-2013, 08:55 AM
after Tony's Gigantic three on game 6 I started choking to then witness them choke...