PDA

View Full Version : the handshaking and hugging after the game

davidbowie
06-21-2013, 05:37 AM
It made me not hate the Heat as much. I mean there is no real bad blood here. The amount of respect they showed to Tim and pop they obviously really like them and were super classy and genuine about it. Even during their speeches always mentioning them. It was awesome to see. There was a point when almost all the heat coaches were in a group hug with pop. Good stuff. :toast

smaka
06-21-2013, 05:38 AM
True, but I can't help but wonder how much of this is "made up" for the media, just to be classy etc.
As I said in another post, it's not hard to be "classy" when you win a chip.

TE
06-21-2013, 05:43 AM
rofl HGH wade self-proclaiming himself "three" slips by you?

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 05:46 AM
rofl HGH wade self-proclaiming himself "three" slips by you?Lebron James - "I agree, I am unstoppable." LOL that's classy.

TE
06-21-2013, 05:51 AM
Lebron James - "I agree, I am unstoppable." LOL that's classy.
lol dude shoulda stayed in Cleveland tbh...we would've seen how "unstoppable" he is without his role players producing (6-6 from three point)

smaka
06-21-2013, 05:53 AM
lol dude shoulda stayed in Cleveland tbh...we would've seen how "unstoppable" he is without his role players producing (6-6 from three point)

Without scrub Battier playing the game of his career, he'd be screwed right now.

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 06:01 AM
Without scrub Battier playing the game of his career, he'd be screwed right now.Without Ray Allen bailing him out with a clutch three point shot in Game 6, he wouldn't have lived to have a Jordanisque performance in Game 7.

polandprzem
06-21-2013, 06:26 AM
And fucking fake huddle b4 games and at the end of game 7. Fak bullshit as he is a leader or something.

chapnis
06-21-2013, 06:35 AM
Don't hate the Heat because the Spurs couldn't close it out. Battier did the exact same thing to us that Danny Green did to them for the first 5 games, he just had the cojones to do it when it mattered more.

It sucks that the Spurs didn't win but that's on the Spurs.

Typical London Boy
06-21-2013, 08:47 AM
I was pleased to see Pop being so gracious, but the incessant smiling was a little too much for me, personally. To an outsider, it would've looked like he'd just won the NBA Championship, not lost it.

dallasmaverickslose
06-21-2013, 08:49 AM
I wonder how the Heat would have acted if they lost...

IronMexican
06-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Extremely un classy spurfan in this thread. Disappointed

Uncle Drew
06-21-2013, 09:30 AM

Without scrub Battier playing the game of his career, he'd be screwed right now.

Without Ray Allen bailing him out with a clutch three point shot in Game 6, he wouldn't have lived to have a Jordanisque performance in Game 7.
Without Danny Green the Spurs lose in 4/5. Role players are are supposed to do that.

sammy
06-21-2013, 09:40 AM
True, but I can't help but wonder how much of this is "made up" for the media, just to be classy etc.
As I said in another post, it's not hard to be "classy" when you win a chip.

I agree! If we had won, I bet poor loser Lebroom would've walked off the floor like he did in '07! Fuck those bitches!

sammy
06-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Lebron James - "I agree, I am unstoppable." LOL that's classy.

Classless arrogant bitch! Coddled by the nba refs! If he wasn't so protected, I guarantee this bitch wouldn't be MVP as this bitch doesn't know the fundamentals of basketball!

Trimble87
06-21-2013, 09:50 AM
As much as you may hate the heat, those handshakes were not in any way for the media.

Pop's talks/embraces with Wade and Lebron were genuine ands it made me like Pop even more then I already did. The class it takes to be that genuinely happy for others after this loss is unimaginable. I would want to storm off the court. Props to Pop for being a good guy.

superbigtime
06-21-2013, 09:50 AM
Pop grinning like the Cheshire cat, kissed Dwyane Wade. Made me sick and repulsed. You fucked it up Pop, I just knew you would, why couldn't you prove me wrong.

lefty
06-21-2013, 09:53 AM
lol Pop bending over, saying they were better and not admitting we should have won if it wasnt for his brain farts in game 6

Spurs9
06-21-2013, 10:25 AM
I don't hate the Heat tbh. The Heat defense was the difference maker, all of those bad passes from Ginboili were mostly of a result of the Heat having active hands. It sucks to lose, but we did go toe to toe against James, almost winning it.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2013, 10:42 AM
I didn't apprecaite it last night but after reading WOj's article I do. I do hate them a lot less.

ducks
06-21-2013, 10:43 AM
heat said they were the toughest team they ever had faced
I still dislike james though

Oh, Gee!!
06-21-2013, 10:44 AM
We hate them cuz we aint them. kinda of stupid to hate on a team or players for winning and hitting shots. thats what they 'posed to do.

ducks
06-21-2013, 10:45 AM
pop grinning was he was glad it was over
he was stressed out over the finals

mexicanjunior
06-21-2013, 10:49 AM
Seeing Pop smiling the whole effing time was sickening...I would have rather the Spurs walked out Pistons 1991 style before the final buzzer. Pop screwed the team over in game 6...nothing to be smiling about after single handedly losing the series tbh.

davidbowie
06-21-2013, 02:22 PM
pop grinning was he was glad it was over
he was stressed out over the finals

i agree with this. i think a lot his gestures were because he was relieved it was all over.

kinda like his pre-game comments about being glad it's the last shoot around of the season lol

silverblk mystix
06-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Seeing Pop smiling the whole effing time was sickening...I would have rather the Spurs walked out Pistons 1991 style before the final buzzer. Pop screwed the team over in game 6...nothing to be smiling about after single handedly losing the series tbh.

Anyone have a gif of that traitorous behavior from Pop....

I know a thread where it would be appropriate ;)

sexinthatsx
06-21-2013, 03:04 PM

It's a defense mechanism to hide tears and uncontrollable sadness. Trick yourself into smiling and you can hold back the tears, you should try it sometime cliff jumper.

The way I see it, it's just Pop trying to lure other superstars to the Spurs now that Tim Duncan is on the decline.

spurraider21
06-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Both teams have a lot of respect for one another. This isn't Spurs-Lakers which was bad blood. This was 2 great teams putting on a show.