PDA

View Full Version : Heat: The Heat are the poor man's Jordan Bulls

ambchang
06-21-2013, 07:11 AM
Finally dawned on my last night after watching the Spurs being dominated on the perimeter. Of course there are some differences, but the idea of having two perimeter superstar, a third wheel at PF, no real PG and C, strong perimeter defense, strong perimeter offense just reminds me of the Jordan Bulls.

Of course, the Bulls had better interior defense, better post offense (Jordan), better structure and ball movement, but the idea of surrounding two penetrating perimeter superstar with a bunch of shooters and a decent rebounder mirrors the make up of the team.

It was a painful painful lose, but the Spurs gave their all, and the Heat capitalized on the many mistakes the Spurs made in Games 6 and 7.

DMX7
06-21-2013, 08:00 AM
Jordan never got swept in the Finals and didn't lose to the Mavs in the Finals either. This was our worst team to play in the Finals, and we still nearly pulled it out.

AchillesHeel
06-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Pippen way better than 11-13 Wade
MJ and Lebron, MJ is easily the better player
Rodman/Grant better than Chris Bosh/Haslem
Longley better than Anthony/Birdman
Pjax way better than Philibeaner
Paxson/Kerr and Chalmers/Allen, I'll give an edge to the Heat because Chalmers is a great defender and Allen is the all-time GOAT 3pt shooter, though Kerr is just as clutch.

Bulls are easily better, I don't think the Heat could even be called poor man's Bulls.

lefty
06-21-2013, 09:51 AM
He is not saying the Heat are as good as Chicago, he is just saying they are built the same way

AchillesHeel
06-21-2013, 11:19 AM
I get that, just saying the Heat ain't even good enough to be called poor man's Bulls if you compare them to the 90-91 or 95-96 Bulls.

Thread
06-21-2013, 12:19 PM
The Heat didn't give up there in 6. Even on the miss Bosh did not give up and fought for the rebound and the pass off. That is a measure of a man and a team. Many fans had given up by then, turned their backs and walked out.

Rogue
06-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Cully with a golden point here. Bosh had a shitty game in 7 but the Heat would've already lost it in 6 but for the offensive rebound he grabbed, which he then passed to Allen and assisted for the game-tying 3. If Bosh comes back to be a superstar he once was and the Heat sign some hardcore defensive big niggas this summer, they will probably be rich man's Jordan Bulls imho. Bulls only had two superstars while the Heat have 3, and the Heat's role players would trump the likes of Longley and Kukoc anyday.