PDA

View Full Version : The Emptiness

$pursDynasty
06-21-2013, 07:37 AM
I am not talking about the game or the loss chance at :lobt:. It is the whole in my life. I am a Political Junkie as well and every four years like a year before a presidential election, I get deep into all the news the politics the polls. Watch it every day, all day long, soaking in it, soaking it all up, on all the networks as much as possible then invariable the election ends, you watch a little post election coverage and then... the whole. How do you fill those 5 hours a day? You watch the same shows but it isn't the same, eventually you move on but it takes time. OK the point is, after this playoff run, being so into it. I believed we could do it this year. Watched everything I could find about basketball. Watching everything from Mike & Mike, the Herd, First Take, SVP, NBA Network. The ones I liked and the ones that I didn't. Just wanting to document take in everything about this run when the Good Guys won it all again and showed the World how it is done. Now...what? I don't want to watch ESPN or any sports coverage. I don't think I'll be listening to any sports talk any time soon. I know they'll give the Spurs the "atta boy" pat on the head and then go on and on and on praising the Heat. I can't stomach that right now. Not when I know the Championship was ours for the taking. Right after the game I was thinking about possible free agent moves but that is like the Patch to a smoker, not a real fix. I'll have to go cold turkey from sports for a while, until football season gets close. How do you fill the hole, the emptiness? I have no idea. Just rhetorical venting. I will still hang out in Spurs talk, misery loving company and all that, knowing that you guys feel the same pain too, but finding something I love nearly as much as I love this team and enjoyed this run...is daunting.

DMX7
06-21-2013, 07:42 AM
Enjoy the team. It shouldn't be your life though. What the media says means nothing.

kobyz
06-21-2013, 08:45 AM
i really big time in the gloom, i came without expectation to the season and even after the start of the playoff, but with us getting closer and closer to the ultimate goal i started to hope and imaging what a lifetime bliss the fifth ring will bring to me, and with the way we loss being so close, virtually having it in our hands, now i have breathing problems to think what could have been and what wonderful and sweet feeling i missed to carry on my life, instead now i left with miserable.

barakz21
06-21-2013, 09:10 AM
I share your sentiments bro. I actually thought about not coming here for a while. Seeing the posts from all the other guys is just so depressing. But, like when I got dumped by this girl that I was so into, I realize that staying away from ST won't exactly help me deal with the disappointment of this loss. Might as well check in and build some optimism for next year.