PDA

View Full Version : Lose hurts, but Duncan et al. may won more love&respect

oldspursfan
06-21-2013, 07:41 AM
It took a while for me to swallow the loss, but I think after a while spurs fans would appreciate Duncan and all the spurs players even more for giving all on the court and let god decide the outcome. I just read everywhere that people are touched by the spurs, maybe even more than actually winning or touched by something different from winning. Maybe the players will also realize that, winning is sweet, but trying your best no matter what happened may be the meaning of our short and cruel life.

My first post, hope it can help to ease the sorrow of loyal fans. Again, let us thank our spurs players and say we are proud of you forever. I really do.

Typical London Boy
06-21-2013, 08:53 AM
I think after a while spurs fans would appreciate Duncan and all the spurs players even more for giving all on the court and let god decide the outcome.

Sheesh, and I thought it was just the media with the LeBron hyperbole.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-21-2013, 09:22 AM
That's just stupid.

Twenty years from now no one's going to give a damn that we took the Heat to seven. They would if we had won #5.

Josepatches_
06-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Not stupid at all

Duncan had won more love & respect . He never had all the credit he deserved because a lot of people hate us. It was different this time.

TD has increased his legacy. Lose hurts but it's much worse to be defeated in the 1st round.

ffadicted
06-21-2013, 09:38 AM
That's just stupid.

Twenty years from now no one's going to give a damn that we took the Heat to seven. They would if we had won #5.

Doubt it. The last two games will ensure this goes down as one of the best finals in NBA history tbqh

oldspursfan
06-21-2013, 10:06 AM
That's just stupid.

Well it is different because 1. Spurs have won 4 already, 2. Spurs beat Lebron before, 3, it may be best to say time, rather than Lebron, beat TD, and Lebron is absolutely not 10 times better, let alone 50. Just like Federer, he lost to time, but he is still pushing it and enjoying tennis. Maybe sports are not totally about winning it all. There are more to it. At least to me, losing this way reveals more and deeper about us humans. And thinking this way helps me to ease the pain seeing my spurs losing. But damn, what more can us fans ask for from them? And also,KL is the future, and he makes his father proud of him in heaven. We are all going to die, but the spurs have built legacy, and that is bigger than the #5. Again, time and thinking through other angles heals everything faster. Thanks again to spurs players for a special season...

Homeland Security
06-21-2013, 10:22 AM
That's just stupid.

I disagree; I understand what the OP is saying. I think that in light of the 2013 Finals the conventional wisdom about the legacy of the 1999, 2003, 2005, and 2007 championships will end up being re-evaluated more fondly.

Not that it should be much consolation to Spurs fans.