PDA

View Full Version : I Dare You

41times
06-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Pop and the Spurs defense dared LeBron to beat them with a 20 foot jumper last night.
and in the past LeBron shot 30-35% or so from that range.
so last night the Spurs Dared him to beat them with the jumper. Its that simple.

And though I will Never Ever cheer for nor respect LeBron. He deserves the credit for hitting the shots
and winning the game for the CHeat.

I don't disagree with the strategy I am just upset at the result

dallasmaverickslose
06-21-2013, 08:26 AM
We all are upset. His shooting was unreal. We couldn't catch a damn break.

boutons_deux
06-21-2013, 08:30 AM
Heat took 32 fucking 3Gs because they were left open because Pop made no in-game adjustment.

Pop was outcoached

jbspurs
06-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Pop was playing mind games with LeBron. It worked for the 1st 6 games but, last night.

Russ
06-21-2013, 08:43 AM
When L James is hitting outside shots, you just lose.

And then of course Battier chimes in.

I'm surprised Fisher didn't get a ten day contract for the Finals.

The Spurs played well to take it to 7.

dallasmaverickslose
06-21-2013, 08:43 AM
James came to play. And unfortunately so did Battier. Battier killed us.

Gervin44Silas13
06-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Fuck Pop arrogant bastard!!!

tesseractive
06-21-2013, 09:22 AM

I'm surprised Fisher didn't get a ten day contract for the Finals.

The Spurs played well to take it to 7.
True words. We were in this thing in the last minute with LeBron playing like that. Hell of a way to go down swinging. :toast

michaelwcho
06-21-2013, 10:41 AM
James was played as well as he can be played in this series, with the exception of a stretch in Game 6 when they got too close and let him drive in the 4th quarter. As Timmy pointed out, they did change it up a few times in Game 7, getting closer for a bit and even doubling here and there.

Ultimately, when you go against Chris Paul in Karl Malone's body, you are in trouble. He stepped up and overcame his demons to hit those scarily wide open shots, the kind that sometimes makes you tense up and choke on. LBJ's no MJ, but he's good enough. He did it.

Agloco
06-21-2013, 10:47 AM

This. Despite all of that, the Spurs were down 2 with 30 some odd seconds left before LeBrons last dagger.

boutons_deux
06-21-2013, 10:48 AM
LeBron didn't win this series, it was the Spurs' to lose it.

no DG, TP in games 6,7.

Manu :(

Allow 32 mostly uncontested 3Gs in Game7

play Neal ANY minutes.

TP over-dribbling, not getting everybody involved. A shoot-first PG who didn't score.

Pop :(

06-21-2013, 11:35 AM
On days when Lebron is hitting that jumper, he is probably better than Michael Jordan. Not saying that he's consistently better than Jordan, but when Lebron is on fire, he is probably more unstoppable than Jordan. He would have the complete offensive arsenal, jump shots, 3 pointers, post up, the drive, and the passing ability/court vision of elite point guards. The Spurs were lucky (and also because of Leonard's pestering) that this Lebron only showed up one out of seven games. If this Lebron showed up 2-3 games like he kind of does in past series, the Spurs lose in 5.

Man In Black
06-21-2013, 11:44 AM
You have to be who you are and that defense worked well enough to get them a lead after game 5. We need another scoring threat but one who could create offense from nothing. What we needed we had...if the clock was set back 10 years ago in TMAC.

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-21-2013, 11:44 AM
He just couldn't be stopped. Even with Leonard's hand directly in his face everytime, he nailed 5 threes.

Poolboy5623
06-21-2013, 12:04 PM
Just a couple things...sure give LeBron credit for making shots but they were uncontested shots..the best player on the planet should be able to make open shots...shouldn't he? Secondly battiers shooting did hurt but with Allen and miller doing nothing, it wasn't that insurmountable...5-6 3s between the three of them isnt much to overcome. The spurs couldn't handle the heat, when things tightened up..

Poolboy5623
06-21-2013, 12:05 PM
He just couldn't be stopped. Even with Leonard's hand directly in his face everytime, he nailed 5 threes.

Did u watch? 2-3 of his 3s were with no defender in site?!

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-21-2013, 12:23 PM
Did u watch? 2-3 of his 3s were with no defender in site?!
Even if he was open on one or two of them, he racked in 37 points. When LeBron is on, nobody can stop him.

41times
06-21-2013, 02:38 PM
This. Despite all of that, the Spurs were down 2 with 30 some odd seconds left before LeBrons last dagger.

And then Timmy misses a point blank shot and put back. Dammit. It just wasn't mean to be i guess.

DeadlyDynasty
06-21-2013, 02:42 PM
It was the right strategy. Wade and LBJ just hit their shots, tip your hat.

Agloco
06-21-2013, 02:47 PM
On days when Lebron is hitting that jumper, he is probably better than Michael Jordan. Not saying that he's consistently better than Jordan, but when Lebron is on fire, he is probably more unstoppable than Jordan. He would have the complete offensive arsenal, jump shots, 3 pointers, post up, the drive, and the passing ability/court vision of elite point guards. The Spurs were lucky (and also because of Leonard's pestering) that this Lebron only showed up one out of seven games. If this Lebron showed up 2-3 games like he kind of does in past series, the Spurs lose in 5.

He showed up in two out of the seven. Agree with most of what you said except him being better than Jordan. I'm assuming that you mean when LBJ and Jordans jumpers are/were on? Nothing / no one stops either of them tbh. I don't think you can say one is better than the other in that case.

Your overall message is correct. That's basically what teams are reduced to against LBJ (or Jordan): hoping that "God Mode" isn't engaged for the majority of the series.

Or as DD so succinctly stated:

It was the right strategy. Wade and LBJ just hit their shots, tip your hat.

Agloco
06-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Dupe

Agloco
06-21-2013, 02:52 PM
And then Timmy misses a point blank shot and put back. Dammit. It just wasn't mean to be i guess.

We knew that after Game 6 tbh.

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Getting bailed out by Shane Battier as usual.

Poolboy5623
06-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Even if he was open on one or two of them, he racked in 37 points. When LeBron is on, nobody can stop him.

That's fine and dandy...but don't talk like LeBron had a hand in his face all game long...with that much space and the way he was shooting, the spurs are lucky he didn't score 60.

elmanutres
06-21-2013, 06:00 PM
there was that one play where lebron is wide open from three, gets the ball, no one comes to defend him and he adjusts his feet like he's taking a warmup shot. i knew we would lose the game when he made that shot

Knoxxx
06-21-2013, 06:08 PM
I don't even understand how we were shooting to tie with 30 seconds left with how hot James, Wade, and even Battier were shooting from outside. However, Miller and Allen did nothing so I viewed the James/Wade high percentage outside shooting as the real killer.