PDA

View Full Version : Stand Up Get Crunk

Bayoupelicanscajun
06-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Hey Spurs Fans,

Pelicans fan here new to the forum. Sorry about your loss last night. It was a hard fought game and a hard fought series.

Anyways, I noticed in watching some of your games during the playoffs that right after a win, the music which plays is "Stand Up Get Crunk" by the Ying Yang Twins. I found this kind of odd, since it is widely known that this is the Saints song played after touchdowns. Even wikipedia mentions it, "They have received notoriety for their song "Halftime (ft. Homebwoi)" which is played at New Orleans Saints (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orleans_Saints) homegames after most touchdowns."

It seems to me that the Spurs should come up with their own music to play instead of stealing something from another professional organization. This is like stealing Chelsea Dagger from the Blackhawks or Sweet Caroline from the Red Sox. I would think a proud organization like the Spurs should be able to come up with their own song to be associated with rather than jacking something. Is it some sort of jealousy that the Saints didn't stay in San Antonio after Katrina?

dallasmaverickslose
06-21-2013, 08:51 AM
Your label says you're a Hornets fan... Liar.

Bayoupelicanscajun
06-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Your label says you're a Hornets fan... Liar.

Spurstalk needs to change the Hornets to the Pelicans on here. In case you aren't a basketball fan, the New Orleans franchise changed their name from the Hornets to the Pelicans.

Bayoupelicanscajun
06-21-2013, 10:44 AM
Sorry guys, maybe my timing was poor. I was just curious as to why the Spurs stole the Saints song. Probably should have waited until next week.

RD2191
06-21-2013, 10:51 AM
:lmao pelicans fan

Bayoupelicanscajun
06-21-2013, 01:08 PM
:lmao pelicans fan Yes, I am a Pelicans fan. Not sure what is funny about that. I asked a simple question and haven't received one solid answer.

The Reckoning
06-21-2013, 01:25 PM
gfy

Bayoupelicanscajun
06-21-2013, 02:12 PM
gfy huh? Just asked a question. Like I said my timing might be poor, but I thought maybe this topic could be a much needed distraction.

Bayoupelicanscajun
06-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Are we removed enough from the finals loss for my question to be answered?

Brazil
06-26-2013, 11:44 AM
what the fuck is that question faggot ?
Is it some sort of jealousy that the Saints didn't stay in San Antonio after Katrina?

Bayoupelicanscajun
06-26-2013, 01:00 PM
My question is why did the spurs decide to steal a song associated with another professional franchise instead of using their own?

No need for your derogatory language.

Juggity
06-26-2013, 01:24 PM
I had no idea until you just stated it that that song was used by the Saints.

Doesn't bother me that the spurs use it, and I doubt anyone outside of New Orleans knows the saints use it. Songs are not exclusive to any organization.

MarCowMar
06-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Given the rich history of metal in Texas, it would be great to hear more of it at the games.

Bayoupelicanscajun
06-26-2013, 02:06 PM
I had no idea until you just stated it that that song was used by the Saints.

Doesn't bother me that the spurs use it, and I doubt anyone outside of New Orleans knows the saints use it. Songs are not exclusive to any organization.

You are in the minority. There is even a Saints version of the song. When the saints went to the superbowl, Miami played it after each td because it is the saints song. Just like Sweet Caroline is associated with the Red Sox and Chelsea Dagger is associated with the Blackhawks. It even discusses it on wikipedia.

Spurs stole the song.

Brazil
06-26-2013, 02:07 PM
My question is why did the spurs decide to steal a song associated with another professional franchise instead of using their own?

No need for your derogatory language.

whats up with the jealousy katrina stuff ?

like the derogatory languade :tu

:lol mad about a song stolen to the saints

Brazil
06-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Spurs stole the song.

:lmao

i love offseason

Juggity
06-26-2013, 02:26 PM
:cry Spurs stole the song. :cry

Bayoupelicanscajun
06-26-2013, 04:05 PM
whats up with the jealousy katrina stuff ?

like the derogatory languade :tu

:lol mad about a song stolen to the saints

Please correct your English and resubmit

Brazil
06-26-2013, 04:19 PM
:cry the Spurs are not classy they stole our song :cry

Bayoupelicanscajun
06-26-2013, 04:23 PM
I never said that, but you did say,"like the derogatory languade :tu

:lol mad about a song stolen to the saints" which makes zero sense.

Brazil
06-26-2013, 04:25 PM
:cry Don't steal our song :cry we are no more the Hornets, please call us the pelican :cry

Floyd Pacquiao
06-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Yea Spurs should change it. It sounds corny and outdated tbh

Bayoupelicanscajun
06-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Looks like more pitiful English from you. Once again, I didn't say that. If I would have written that, it would say, "The spurs stole the saints touchdown song. Also, we are the Pelicans now and not the Hornets. Please change this on spurstalk. "

Brazil
06-26-2013, 04:33 PM
:cry It seems to me that the Spurs should come up with their own music to play instead of stealing something from another professional organization :cry

CitizenDwayne
06-26-2013, 04:43 PM
:lol pelicans. Still gets me.

stxspurs
06-26-2013, 05:10 PM
nobody gives a rats ass what the saints song is when they score...ive never heard it on tv. we dont play it when we score plus....ITS NOT FOOTBALL!! so its a moot point.

bigfan
06-26-2013, 05:13 PM
I posted a while back I think that song sux bigtime anyways, I have to agree with the troll this time, it needs to go.

stxspurs
06-26-2013, 05:14 PM
maybe we can get on that 7 nation army shit.....

Juggity
06-26-2013, 05:47 PM
You are in the minority.

Also, nope.

Bayoupelicanscajun
06-27-2013, 08:23 AM
maybe we can get on that 7 nation army shit.....

I wouldn't be surprised. Spurs already stole one song associated with a professional franchise, why not get in on the 7 nation army thing that every lame big 10 school and nfl/nba franchise does.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-27-2013, 08:33 AM
Pelicans is a great name for the franchise in that they are an expert at going fishing.

Bayoupelicanscajun
06-27-2013, 08:51 AM
Pelicans is a great name for the franchise in that they are an expert at going fishing.

I wasn't on board with the name at first, but I really like the logo's I have seen and look forward to the jerseys and court design.

It's not like all nba team names are great. You have:
- a part of a basketball goal
- a part of a cowboy boot
- lakers
- thunder
- a dinosaur
- heat
- magic
- wizards
- a car part

stxspurs
06-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Who dat spurs! SPUUUURS BAASKETBAAAALLLLL

Tim_5rings
06-27-2013, 09:13 AM
I have nothing against New Orleans Saints fans Pelicans gold but

Do not you think it might be just a coincidence
And not necessarily there are spies who stole the song of the saints
As for your question
Even if it really was theft
the fans are not best placed to answer you it's not the ones who choose the song at AT-T Center

To complain send a letter to the franchise fans have not the power to change things

bigfan
06-27-2013, 09:50 AM
Frankly, I wish we would bring back Al Sturchio. Nothing like "Volver" at Hemisfair.

703 Spurz
06-27-2013, 12:19 PM
I wasn't on board with the name at first, but I really like the logo's I have seen and look forward to the jerseys and court design.

It's not like all nba team names are great. You have:
- a part of a basketball goal
- a part of a cowboy boot
- lakers
- thunder
- a dinosaur
- heat
- magic
- wizards
- a car part

Did your blow up doll have a leak in it recently? Beat it with your pointless attempts at talking shit.

Juggity
06-27-2013, 01:09 PM
stole

They bought licensing rights to it.

Bayoupelicanscajun
06-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Did your blow up doll have a leak in it recently? Beat it with your pointless attempts at talking shit.

This is a strange and failed attempt at a cut-down.

I wasn't talking shit. I simply stated that people bash the name "pelicans" without realizing there are a lot of random and bad NBA team teams.