PDA

View Full Version : JR Smith and other FA targets

tmtcsc
06-21-2013, 10:34 AM
We need a versatile 2 guard that can shoot from the outside and take it to the rim - someone who can create their own opportunities. I know he can be a knucklehead, but in the right situation, away from distractions, he might be a great player for us.

Manu was great for many years but IF he comes back, his role and minutes need to be changed.

Tiago improved his FT's but its obvious that his coordination, athleticism, toughness and finishing ability is severely lacking. He's worth his current 3 mill. contract and not much more. I think someone will overpay and I'm fine with that - As long as we replace him. We need someone to really have Tim's back and anchor the offense from inside.

Leonard cemented himself as the Small Forward in the starting lineup and was awesome. We need to get him a legit back-up too.

Here's who I think we should give serious consideration (No particular order) - And yes, I realize some of them are total douchebags:

1. JR Smith
2. Al Jefferson
3. Jarrett Jack
4. Tony Allen
5. Matt Barnes
6. Corey Brewer

Of our unrestricteds:

1. Manu Ginobili (I hope he stays for cheap or retires) 2-3 Mill per year
2. Boris Diaw (I hope he stays)
3. Tiago Splitter (Stay on the cheap) 4 mill or less per year

4. Mills - No room at the Inn
5. Tracy McGrady - See ya
6. DeJuan Blair - Happy trails

Baam
06-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Man I don't want anyone on your list...

I wouldn't mind JR Smith but I wouldn't love it either, the others are straight no go.

dallasmaverickslose
06-21-2013, 10:43 AM
That list kinda sucks

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-21-2013, 10:46 AM
Diaw and Mills are PO and from what I have last heard neither have exericised it. They have until July sometime to do so. I don't see either one opting out.

Neal is a RFA as well if the Spurs tag him.

Bianconeri
06-21-2013, 10:50 AM
JR could be interesting with a bit of work, but his chuck shooting might make Pop end up in a comma. Besides, I think he loves the NYC lifestyle too much to be bothered about sacrificing for a ring.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Tyreke Evans

timmy2003
06-21-2013, 10:53 AM
JR is a great idea if the Spurs are able to sign him at a reasonable price.

tmtcsc
06-21-2013, 11:01 AM
@ DallasMavericksLose: I'm trying to keep it realistic. Al Jefferson and JR Smith are starters, the rest would be back-ups. WTF do you want? We don't have too many options at this point.

Mal
06-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Mo Williams is FA

tmtcsc
06-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Mo Williams is FA

If he could take the ball to the rim I'd be good with it but he's kind of one dimensional.

timmy2003
06-21-2013, 11:23 AM
Mo Williams is FA
No. I would rather stick with Jos

superjames1992
06-21-2013, 11:24 AM
JR Smith, the ultimate chucker? Screw that

timmy2003
06-21-2013, 11:28 AM
JR Smith, the ultimate chucker? Screw that
At least he does not turn the ball over.

raybies
06-21-2013, 11:32 AM
Jarret Jack can play either guard position. Has experience with small ball. Has toughness and leadership and golden state most likely can't afford to resign him. With Jack manu can play off ball more and sf where available.

Brandon wright as a back up big. Can shot block. Let him and baynes fight for starts. If tiago isn't resigned.

spurtech09
06-21-2013, 12:08 PM
We need a versatile 2 guard that can shoot from the outside and take it to the rim - someone who can create their own opportunities. I know he can be a knucklehead, but in the right situation, away from distractions, he might be a great player for us.

Manu was great for many years but IF he comes back, his role and minutes need to be changed.

Tiago improved his FT's but its obvious that his coordination, athleticism, toughness and finishing ability is severely lacking. He's worth his current 3 mill. contract and not much more. I think someone will overpay and I'm fine with that - As long as we replace him. We need someone to really have Tim's back and anchor the offense from inside.

Leonard cemented himself as the Small Forward in the starting lineup and was awesome. We need to get him a legit back-up too.

Here's who I think we should give serious consideration (No particular order) - And yes, I realize some of them are total douchebags:

1. JR Smith
2. Al Jefferson
3. Jarrett Jack
4. Tony Allen
5. Matt Barnes
6. Corey Brewer

Of our unrestricteds:

1. Manu Ginobili (I hope he stays for cheap or retires) 2-3 Mill per year
2. Boris Diaw (I hope he stays)
3. Tiago Splitter (Stay on the cheap) 4 mill or less per year

4. Mills - No room at the Inn
5. Tracy McGrady - See ya
6. DeJuan Blair - Happy trailsJr smith and tony allen....

DawgMilkX
06-21-2013, 12:10 PM
If World Peace opts out of his contract I would love to have him on the spurs

Baam
06-21-2013, 12:15 PM
^ yup really like Metta as well, both on and off the court.

That said convincing Tmac to sign a one year deal wouldn't seem bad to me, Manu all the help he can get as far as handling the ball so a point forward like TMac next to him could be nice...

stxspurs
06-21-2013, 12:18 PM
If this is our only hope we are in trouble

Juggity
06-21-2013, 12:25 PM
get the fuck out of here with the friendkiller nonsense :lol

InK
06-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Only one who is interesting on this list is Jack, but no way he gets the money he wants from the Spurs. How come no one is mentioning Pierce and KG btw, they both looking for a new team to play for. And if that Clippers thing falls through, they really dont have many options left. And we can get Doc to to coach the 4th quarters, pretty solid deal imo...

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Lol JR Smith will be vastly overpaid by some other team. There's no top-tier FA's that the Spurs can or will sign.

Gervin44Silas13
06-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Jaren Jack......would be a good fit he can score....and drive and play defense.

MeloHype
06-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Jarret jack and a big man that can block/rebound

sexinthatsx
06-21-2013, 01:10 PM
your list sucks. The one player I seriously think that can help the Spurs out THE MOST is Andre Igoudala. Good 1 on 1 defense on the perimeter, great passer so Tony Parker doesn't need to shoulder the load, great rebounder for a SG/SF at 5-6 rebounds a game, and a stud at fastbreaks. If you watched this kid play during his stint with 76'ers his fastbreak transition offense was what made the 76'ers a great team, and did the same in Denver. Spurs are running this type of offense, and to me this is a complete no brainer.

TheGoldStandard
06-21-2013, 01:19 PM
We need draft picks, a PF/C off the bench who can score and rebound. Tyreke Evens is fine as a 2 guard, hopefully Joseph and Green can learn some handles and shoot better especially off dribble.

Blizzardwizard
06-21-2013, 01:22 PM
:lol
JR Smith? No chance.

superjames1992
06-21-2013, 04:12 PM
At least he does not turn the ball over.
He had an sub-1 AST/TO ratio this postseason. That is pathetic. He's Gary Neal on steroids.

smaka
06-21-2013, 04:15 PM
JR Smith is balling only in the regular season. He is scrub after April 15th :lol Plus his attitude does not fit the Spurs system.

superjames1992
06-21-2013, 04:17 PM
JR Smith is balling only in the regular season. He is scrub after April 15th :lol Plus his attitude does not fit the Spurs system.
Indeed. He is a pathetic chucker whose attitude is pathetic. He would be a cancer on this team. He plays no defense, is supposed to be a shooter but didn't even hit 40% from the floor this postseason, and is a selfish ball-hog, tbh!

kaji157
06-21-2013, 04:24 PM
If manu will continue t come off the bench we will need to get him a lot of help, he can no longer play against the pressure of playing with 4 scrubs around him.

First of chek what Joseph can do this offseason, if he develops a midrange game that should be enough to hold the fort.
I would like a REAL (not splitter, bonner, blair type) scoring threat to play with our second unit.

Andrew Bynum could be woth a look to see what he prefers to do with his future. He is not going to win in Philly.

RD2191
06-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Ryan Richards :hat