06-21-2013, 11:33 AM
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304925
pic.

ThePop
06-21-2013, 11:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/HqmId.gif

booonkers
06-21-2013, 11:36 AM
I honestly don't know how to feel about it, he's free to do whatever he wants, I guess i just thought he'd reflect on the game or dwell on it for a lil bit before partying it up.

clambake
06-21-2013, 11:36 AM
lol

Two10Whitey
06-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Trade him.

Baam
06-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Pretty lame, not that he's partying because god knows they needed to party/go to the strip club/whatever but it seems really beta to crash the party of the guy who just beat you.

I know all these guys are friend and all but still, kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Mal
06-21-2013, 11:39 AM
WTF Danny

booonkers
06-21-2013, 11:39 AM
This also surprises me considering how gutted he was in his postgame interview. Oh well, he's a young guy.

RD2191
06-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Who cares.

RD2191
06-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Lmfao @ the pop

Oh, Gee!!
06-21-2013, 11:43 AM
These guys go on with their lives. we should too.

dg7md
06-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Inside job, missing those shots on purpose.

:greedy

DPG21920
I know many people won't agree with me, and that's fine, but I have no issue. In fact, I think it's actually pretty damn cool. Danny proved to me with his play, his interviews and everything else that this meant everything to him.

I think it's a pretty awesome display of sportsmanship that these guys can enjoy this moment all together, even as competitors. It's pretty special IMO. The fact that they realize how fortunate they are for what they do and how great this moment is for both sides and can celebrate that? Pretty special.

daslicer
Pretty lame, not that he's partying because god knows they needed to party/go to the strip club/whatever but it seems really beta to crash the party of the guy who just beat you.

I know all these guys are friend and all but still, kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Yeah I agree with what you said. I can understand going to a strip club/clubbing after a loss like this but to party with the guy who kicked your ass that's just weak but then again Green just doesn't have it. Stuff like this shows that he just doesn't have that edge to be a fierce competitor.

r-nice
06-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Can't say I understand that one.

McGusto55
06-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Wowwww...here i am so fucken hurt..and this motherfucker goes to a Party and better yet the heats Party..WTF

coyotes_geek
06-21-2013, 11:47 AM

I know many people won't agree with me, and that's fine, but I have no issue. In fact, I think it's actually pretty damn cool. Danny proved to me with his play, his interviews and everything else that this meant everything to him.

I think it's a pretty awesome display of sportsmanship that these guys can enjoy this moment all together, even as competitors. It's pretty special IMO. The fact that they realize how fortunate they are for what they do and how great this moment is for both sides and can celebrate that? Pretty special.

Here, here. :toast

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 11:49 AM
http://cdnl.complex.com/mp/620/400/80/0/bb/1/ffffff/861f2753bbdc2d93800522734c024b5c/images_/assets/CHANNEL_IMAGES/SPORTS/2013/06/lebrondanny.jpg

Remember when we all thought that Danny Green was going to be named the 2013 NBA Finals MVP? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, so that didn't happen…
But Green did manage to take a photo with the NBA Finals MVP last night. Despite putting up just five points on 1-12 (yes, 1-12!) shooting in Game 7 of the Finals, the Spurs guard still made his way out to Story nightclub in Miami where he rubbed elbows with the likes of Dwyane Wade, Drake, and, of course, LeBron James. The two were even captured in this photo together, and we're sure that Spurs fans will just love it.
Uh, yeah, or something like that. What a horrible way to finish off an NBA Finals series that looked so promising for Green just a few days ago.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/06/danny-green-club-lebron-james-miami-heat

Danny Green is on my shit list right now. After he costs us #5 with his garbage play he's out partying with the other team. What a joke.

Fpoonsie
06-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Couldn't care less. He gave me quite a show these playoffs. It's the least he deserves.

tmtcsc
06-21-2013, 11:50 AM
http://whosjack.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Uh_wtf_gif.gif

Two10Whitey
06-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Lebron probably got his recruiting skills on.. "yo Danny I always knew you were special dawg! Southbeach is where it's at homie."

Poolboy5623
06-21-2013, 11:51 AM
More proof that it's just a game...get over it people! Maybe man up and STOP crying..

Kidd K
06-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Shit reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ue3dwPYkU

coyotes_geek
06-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Lebron probably got his recruiting skills on.. "yo Danny I always new you were special dawg! Southbeach is where it's at homie."

Something to legitimately be concerned about two years from now, TBQH. That Heat supporting cast is pretty old.

Rapper
06-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Can't accept that

WTF???

What????

HemisfairArena
06-21-2013, 12:00 PM
Damn...thats cold. Tim Duncan looked like he might go hibernate for a month with how devasated he seemed. This kid is out partying with the opposing team. He can do what he wants but there is a time and a place for everything.

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-21-2013, 12:00 PM
Would you rather he go cry in a corner. It's good to get rid of all the negativity after losing the Finals and just blow off some steam. I don't understand why he went, but that's his call.

BillMc
06-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Weird. Somehow, I thought they'd all be on a plane back SA together.

Guess I shouldn't feel so bad about that Game 7 postgame interview for Danny now. He can do what he wants, of course, but it does seem like bad form. And isn't he getting over a cold?

Still, not really a big deal. Just surprised he felt like partying and with whom he chose to do so.

coyotes_geek
06-21-2013, 12:02 PM
:cry Danny Green not making himself as miserable as I am means he doesn't care! :cry

F'n emo Spur fans.

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-21-2013, 12:03 PM
http://thatnbalotterypick.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/pop-dancing-parade1.gif

Rapper
06-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Lebron and the Heat organization paid Danny 10 millions USD for not playing well in Game 6 & 7??

TE
06-21-2013, 12:10 PM
No problem with it. I hope he partied the fk out...dude balled and gave it his all.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
He can do whatever he wants, but that's bad taste. Partying is one thing, but partying with the Heat is another. Not a smart move from him.

z0sa
Not cool but it means nothing. His basketball camp starts on Monday so he probably thought he would party a night and then rest the weekend. Where else to party best besides with his former teammate LeBron?

ffadicted
06-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Sigh....

stxspurs
06-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Hey Green is having his bday party today... I think I saw that Parker is having one today at nueve.....guess they dont hang or as close as we might think.

SpursOwn
06-21-2013, 12:17 PM
I heard he tried to take shots but.missed his mouth and.spilled it. Seriously who cares

resistanze
06-21-2013, 12:21 PM
http://whosjack.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Uh_wtf_gif.gif

:lmao

porscha
06-21-2013, 12:23 PM
truth revealed...... green is a XXXXXXX undercover :bang

resistanze
06-21-2013, 12:25 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/LeBrondance.gif

Seventyniner
06-21-2013, 12:35 PM
From a fan's perspective, the Heat won and the Spurs lost.

From some of the players' perspective, they all won because they get their money either way.

Harry Callahan
06-21-2013, 12:36 PM
Hello......

Former teammates in Cleveland....Jeeez

Gervin44Silas13
06-21-2013, 12:40 PM
fUCK YOU dANNY gREEN!

spursince#99
06-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Hell naw Fam I don't condone This shit. Get This dude The Fuck outta here.

Gervin44Silas13
06-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Did this POS say he was sick and so did POP.....fuck you too Danny Green!!!!

Virgil
06-21-2013, 12:49 PM
I donīt know... I just canīt imagine Jordan, Duncan, Manu, Robinson doing that after losing a chip... Real champions donīt do that.

SA210
06-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Ok I was giving Green a pass last night for being young and nervous, but f this shit. :pctoss

No way I'm partying w those pricks last night if I'm a Spur

Capt Bringdown
06-21-2013, 12:51 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/158bd6d1d916de9eede84eed7f321b16/tumblr_mg2mziewJF1qz71aso1_500.jpg

sexinthatsx
06-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Let's be optimistic here... It's just CIA Danny Green partying with Lebron telling him to join the Spurs after his years in Miami Heat right? right? ;):wtf:(

SA210
06-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Shit reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ue3dwPYkU

Yup

davidbowie
06-21-2013, 01:05 PM
wow that's a fuckin bitch move

TheGoldStandard
06-21-2013, 01:06 PM
I won't let it bother me.. Of course you want your troops to have a hate for the people you just lost it to but it's a business and these guys are all friends.

Twisted_Dawg
06-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Fuck this loser. He choked last year against OKC in the WCF and chocked in Games 6 & 7. I hope the Heat give him an honorary ring.

phxspurfan
06-21-2013, 01:09 PM
lol, awesome. Dude trolled all of the Spurs fans crying themselves to sleep in their East Side shacks right now

poop
06-21-2013, 01:10 PM
I donīt know... I just canīt imagine Jordan, Duncan, Manu, Robinson doing that after losing a chip... Real champions donīt do that.
This. Just bad taste..

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Wouldn't be nearly as bad is he didn't royally suck ass the last 2 games. 1-19 shooting and 7 TO's?? I mean that is honestly the worst I've ever seen. Beyond awful. Cost us #5.

TheGoldStandard
06-21-2013, 01:13 PM
Wouldn't be nearly as bad is he didn't royally suck ass the last 2 games. 1-19 shooting and 7 TO's?? I mean that is honestly the worst I've ever seen. Beyond awful. Cost us #5.

I'm not using Green's poor performance as the reason we lost, despite his crappy play in game 6 and 7 we had opportunities and the guys who needed to score didn't. Parker was a virtual no show in game 7, Manu fucked away game 6 and Duncan missed an easy shot to tie the game in the last minute of game 7.

Poolboy5623
06-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Weird. Somehow, I thought they'd all be on a plane back SA together.

Guess I shouldn't feel so bad about that Game 7 postgame interview for Danny now. He can do what he wants, of course, but it does seem like bad form. And isn't he getting over a cold?

Still, not really a big deal. Just surprised he felt like partying and with whom he chose to do so.

The plane didn't take off until today. What does having a cold have to do with this? For all we know, he stopped by to pay his respects and left..you guys are acting like you saw a pic of him holding onto the heats trophy in one hand and a bottle of booze in his other?

timtonymanu
06-21-2013, 01:20 PM

The Spurs wouldn't even have made this a competitive series if it wasn't for Danny Green. Your dumb ass probably can't even understand that though.

Twisted_Dawg
06-21-2013, 01:20 PM

He was actually 2-19. He still choked in games 6 & 7, choked last year against OKC and is a little bitch for going to that Heat victory party.

Aztecfan03
06-21-2013, 01:23 PM

agree.:toast

And to those saying he lost us the series... seriously?:bang

davidbowie
06-21-2013, 01:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DEE2O3X.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zNW66qe.jpg

Twisted_Dawg
06-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Danny! You only hit two shots in games 6 & 7. Not three!

Budkin
06-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Who gives a shit.

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 01:34 PM
You guys need to stop all this hate on Danny Green. Stop saying that he cost us #5 when in reality he was just one of the many mini-reasons why he the Spurs didn't win the title. Green stepped up his play throughout the playoffs. He grew as a player as far as confidence goes. He was an excellent defender on Lebron when running the break, and almost single-handedly along with Duncan won us games 1-5.

We don't know how close his relationship is to Lebron James considering they used to be teammates. The ultimate reason why the Spurs didn't win #5 was because of Pop and Manu giving the game away in Game 6. Spurs were 28 seconds away from winning the title.

Geeboy
06-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Basketball is his profession and not his life... So you guys should move on and have a life too, stop crying over spilled milk. LBJ and DG were teammates before, I see no harm in paying a friend a visit or party together. :toast

dg7md
06-21-2013, 01:47 PM
Look. We want Danny to have his life how he wants it, but it's pretty messed up that he's partying with the team that just fucking beat him. Totally fucking weird.

Twisted_Dawg
06-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Wait for the shitstorm that hits when these pics hit the local TV sport channels for the low information fans that depend on these channels for their Spurs info.

Capt Bringdown
06-21-2013, 01:57 PM
I heard Manu showed up too. However, he couldn't get in because he accidentally threw his ticket away.

weebo
06-21-2013, 01:57 PM
Ya I don't get it either. I hear what people are saying about these guys having their lives, they're friends and blah blah blah. But have some pride man, seriously. You don't go celebrate your ass kicking with the guys that just kicked your ass. Either Green is beyond stupid for doing this or he's just kissing ass to get noticed. SMH

Chinook
06-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Have none of you guys ever hung out with your competition immediately after losing to them? In a lot of activities (like Rugby) it's a tradition to do so. NBA players do it all the time before and after individual games. Why not after such a close series? Basketball is just a game, and it makes no sense to let it carry over into your life.

Green and James are friends, despite what many people on this board thought about their time in Cleveland. That sure didn't stop Green from going hard at James this series, and I doubt it will stop him in the future. I'm sure Danny rose a lot in Miami's eyes, and I'm not surprised they invited him out. They probably invited everyone out.

I'm personally happy for Green. He looked pretty distraught last night, and even in these pictures, he looked beaten. It's nice to see a man have some perspective.

Thebesteva
06-21-2013, 02:02 PM
I heard Manu showed up too. However, he couldn't get in because he accidentally threw his ticket away.

Damn man...seriously that guy was a turnover machine. Turnobli

Chinook
06-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Also, people have to look at it from Green's perspective. Perhaps it was he way of trying to cope with losing after being so close. After all, they were a missed free throw, missed rebound or a missed bucket away from that being their party. Some people have to see the reality of their loss to truly understand it. It doesn't look like Green really enjoyed himself there, and who knows how long he even stayed?

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 02:07 PM
Not that he even belongs in the same breath, but you'd NEVER see the greats hang out with the guys who just beat them... Jordan, Magic, Bird, etc. Those are ultimate competitors. But it's different today too. Guys aren't nearly as competitive anymore. In the new social media age, everyone's all buddy buddy and wants to have a good time.

Agloco
06-21-2013, 02:07 PM
You guys need to stop all this hate on Danny Green. Stop saying that he cost us #5 when in reality he was just one of the many mini-reasons why he the Spurs didn't win the title. Green stepped up his play throughout the playoffs. He grew as a player as far as confidence goes. He was an excellent defender on Lebron when running the break, and almost single-handedly along with Duncan won us games 1-5.

We don't know how close his relationship is to Lebron James considering they used to be teammates. The ultimate reason why the Spurs didn't win #5 was because of Pop and Manu giving the game away in Game 6. Spurs were 28 seconds away from winning the title.

Honestly, Green is the reason this series didn't end in 5 or 6. If he's doesn't play big in the first two games, this is likely a short series.

Gervin44Silas13
06-21-2013, 02:08 PM
fuck Danny Green!!!!!

weebo
06-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Have none of you guys ever hung out with your competition immediately after losing to them? In a lot of activities (like Rugby) it's a tradition to do so. NBA players do it all the time before and after individual games. Why not after such a close series? Basketball is just a game, and it makes no sense to let it carry over into your life.

Green and James are friends, despite what many people on this board thought about their time in Cleveland. That sure didn't stop Green from going hard at James this series, and I doubt it will stop him in the future. I'm sure Danny rose a lot in Miami's eyes, and I'm not surprised they invited him out. They probably invited everyone out.

I'm personally happy for Green. He looked pretty distraught last night, and even in these pictures, he looked beaten. It's nice to see a man have some perspective.

It's called pride. In all my years of competing, I never went to a club, party, or dinner with any of my opponents (win or lose). That's what my teammates, family and friends were for.

justinandimcool
06-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Dumbasses. He probably made a reservation beforehand to celebrate his birthday and a championship. Even though he didn't win, might as well go enjoy your birthday in Miami. Being with friends and beautiful women is better than, I don't know, crying in your hotel room. Just ran into the Heat without knowing they would be there.

That picture of him and LeBron looks as if they just saw each other in passing, and hardly shows they were hanging out, unless you people all share loving embraces with your friends when you hang out in clubs.

SpurPadre
06-21-2013, 02:13 PM

I think you're giving Lebron too much credit for sportsmanship. He's been known to be a sore loser in the past with not shaking hands after losing series in the past. He's great reacting to wins but when he loses, it's a different story. Danny might be trying to be the better man here. Oh well, it goes to show we shouldn't be too emotionally invested in these outcomes if the players themselves arent. Then again, I know for sure TD and Manu are really devastated by what happened.

timvp
06-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Life goes on, tbh.

Chinook
06-21-2013, 02:14 PM
It's called pride. In all my years of competing, I never went to a club, party, or dinner with any of my opponents (win or lose). That's what my teammates, family and friends were for.

No, it's called having a different idea of sportsmanship. A lot of these guys are friends off the court. So why not spend time with them after a hard-fought series? There's nothing virtuous about letting the results of a game dominate your life.

UZER
06-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Not that he even belongs in the same breath, but you'd NEVER see the greats hang out with the guys who just beat them... Jordan, Magic, Bird, etc. Those are ultimate competitors. But it's different today too. Guys aren't nearly as competitive anymore. In the new social media age, everyone's all buddy buddy and wants to have a good time.

not so much bothered by Danny being there, just more bothered that this is this generations sports mentality. Were all rich, win or lose this is just one big fraternity, while the fans are restless, sleepless, sick to the stomach. Which brings the point of perspective. Why I do root so hard for a team that has no direct bearing on my life? Pop said it himself, fans take this stuff to seriously. The Spurs have never paid one of my bills. Just food for thought.

Chinook
06-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Which brings the point of perspective. Why I do root so hard for a team that has no direct bearing on my life? Pop said it himself, fans take this stuff to seriously. The Spurs have never paid one of my bills. Just food for thought.

That's where I've been the last few years. I don't let the results of the games get me down as much as I used to. I avoid seeing coverage of losses, but I am pretty much okay to discuss the sports with people after the final buzzer sounds. I am a Ravens fan, and even though I was (and am) very pleased that they won the Super Bowl this season, the next day, I was at about the same place that I am with the Spurs right now. I'm happy for the entertainment they've given me, but I shouldn't take pride or shame in the outcome when I didn't affect it at all.

SPURSCHAMPS
06-21-2013, 02:22 PM
No, it's called having a different idea of sportsmanship. A lot of these guys are friends off the court. So why not spend time with them after a hard-fought series? There's nothing virtuous about letting the results of a game dominate your life.

This and life goes on.. Move on people and try to give credit to where credit is due.

Beaverfuzz
06-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Big deal. I bet Wade and Lebron would have been out partying after game 6/7 if San Antonio won.

Boomersgold
06-21-2013, 02:28 PM

Of course, Stephen Jackson would turn up at the Heat party. :lol

Brazil
06-21-2013, 02:34 PM
/facepalm.gif

johnnymoore
06-21-2013, 02:42 PM
We fans internalize this stuff and we fail to realize that these guys have different motivations now. Before the players started making BIG money, there were real rivalries. Jackie Robinson retired instead of reporting when he was traded to the Giants because he hated them for years as a Dodger. Elgin Baylor and Tommy Heinsohn nearly got into a fist fight TEN YEARS AFTER THEY RETIRED behind stuff that happened in the 60s. Today, the NBA is one big fraternity. Many of these guys have been playing with each other in AAU tournaments and All-Star games since they were 11-12 years old and they are buddies off the court. They're teammates in college, USA Basketball, have the same agents, train and socialize together. Remember, Green didn't grow up as a Spurs fan - the Spurs gave him a job. How many of you stopped socializing with your friends because they work at a company that competes against the company you worked for?

johnnymoore
06-21-2013, 02:45 PM
not so much bothered by Danny being there, just more bothered that this is this generations sports mentality. Were all rich, win or lose this is just one big fraternity, while the fans are restless, sleepless, sick to the stomach. Which brings the point of perspective. Why I do root so hard for a team that has no direct bearing on my life? Pop said it himself, fans take this stuff to seriously. The Spurs have never paid one of my bills. Just food for thought. The flipside is that if we didn't take it so seriously, these guys wouldn't be making that kind of money.

Darius McCrary
06-21-2013, 02:46 PM
I dont have a problem with it. He's prob friends with lebron

heyheymymy
06-21-2013, 02:51 PM
thats poor form no matter how you look at it.

Kidd K
06-21-2013, 03:05 PM

Alright, hold up dude.

I don't like Green partying with LeBron, or even at all right after losing, but what the fuck? GREEN of all people cost us a 5th title? Seriously? Out of everyone on the team he's the one guy who played WAY above expectations that series (Duncan, Leonard, and Diaw are the only other ones who played better than expected). The guy set a record for best three point shooting in NBA history and you're actually blaming him because he was only white hot for 5 games instead of all 7?

You need to blame the asshole in your avatar at least 10x more than Green.

spurtech09
06-21-2013, 03:14 PM
:rolleyes

UZER
06-21-2013, 03:17 PM
That's where I've been the last few years. I don't let the results of the games get me down as much as I used to. I avoid seeing coverage of losses, but I am pretty much okay to discuss the sports with people after the final buzzer sounds. I am a Ravens fan, and even though I was (and am) very pleased that they won the Super Bowl this season, the next day, I was at about the same place that I am with the Spurs right now. I'm happy for the entertainment they've given me, but I shouldn't take pride or shame in the outcome when I didn't affect it at all.

one of the things that first caught my eye was artest and kobe ready to go to blows during the houston lakers playoffs, then artest proceeds to join the lakers in the off season and helps Kobe win two more rings. that was the first time I thought, "then why the hell do I care so much?"

ultimately its just millionaires making millions. lebron was right. regardless of what we thought of him, we do go back to our normal lives and he still makes his millions.

SpursSerb
06-21-2013, 03:18 PM
In Europe he'd be shot for this.

RD2191
06-21-2013, 03:24 PM

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Danny Green ‏@DGreen_14 (https://twitter.com/DGreen_14)1m (https://twitter.com/DGreen_14/status/348175120101146624)
Got give credit to Miami...but don't think for one sec I was out celebrating with them...jus happened to be at the same place, wrong time

Danny Green ‏@DGreen_14 (https://twitter.com/DGreen_14)10m (https://twitter.com/DGreen_14/status/348173310292553728)
A great journey with a great team...I couldn't ask for a better group...the ride was unbelievable and hopefully we can do it again next yr

Danny Green ‏@DGreen_14 (https://twitter.com/DGreen_14)8m (https://twitter.com/DGreen_14/status/348173744231047169)
Also gotta thank the city of San Antonio and our tru fans thru out the nation for supporting us all year...you guys are amazing

Danny Green ‏@DGreen_14 4m
My goal is to try to get Timmy and Manu to come back for one more...either way we will come back stronger/better...we won't let you down

T-Pain
06-21-2013, 03:29 PM
i dont care. dont blame him. last night after the game i went out to the bar where all my co-workers meet up every thursday night and drank it up to celebrate a great spurs season.

DesignatedT
06-21-2013, 03:31 PM

davidbowie
06-21-2013, 03:43 PM

http://i.imgur.com/cVxP7By.gif

DeadlyDynasty
06-21-2013, 03:46 PM
What a petty thing to bitch about

resistanze
06-21-2013, 03:54 PM

weebo
06-21-2013, 04:01 PM

There's always a time and a place to spend time with those you've competed against. Not immediately after you got beat by them. As some others have posted, you would never see guys like Magic, Jordan, etc...going out of their way to celebrate an opponent's victory. Why? They are competitors. They take pride in how they compete. I don't have any problem with Danny Green validating Lebron's victory, but to make the effort to go to the celebration of your team's ass kicking is in really bad taste.

SpursChampsIII
06-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Judgment

HI-FI
06-21-2013, 04:03 PM
i'm not upset about it, it's just funny some of us were thinking he was going to commit suicide after that series and he's out partying. I do think it looks bad though, especially since no other Spurs were with him.

smaka
06-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Not classy, tbh. Imagine Duncan or Manu partying yesterday. Danny, oh, Danny... :nope

emanueldavidginobili
06-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Why the fuck would he go out partying after a loss like that that's crazy to me atleast I'm to competitive for that I wouldn't even want to see the team I lost to for a week.

tesseractive
06-21-2013, 04:20 PM
i'm not upset about it, it's just funny some of us were thinking he was going to commit suicide after that series and he's out partying. I do think it looks bad though, especially since no other Spurs were with him.
Some people release stress after something like that by drinking. Not necessarily the smartest thing ever, but lots of people do it..

If you're a pro athlete I'm sure you'd much rather go someplace with VIP security then somewhere where fans won't necessarily leave you alone, especially in an opponent's city.

KaiRMD1
06-21-2013, 04:20 PM
He's welcome to do whatever he wants.

gameFACE
06-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Spurs fans acting so damn small town podunk :lol

KuntryDude
06-21-2013, 04:25 PM
I was devasted after Tuesday's & Thursday lost. Partied hard with Heat fans afterwards. Shame on me.

LakerHater
06-21-2013, 04:27 PM

angelbelow
06-21-2013, 04:32 PM
No way Danny would have been able to sleep. Nothing wrong with letting off some steam in town.

Chinook
06-21-2013, 04:34 PM
There's always a time and a place to spend time with those you've competed against. Not immediately after you got beat by them. As some others have posted, you would never see guys like Magic, Jordan, etc...going out of their way to celebrate an opponent's victory. Why? They are competitors. They take pride in how they compete. I don't have any problem with Danny Green validating Lebron's victory, but to make the effort to go to the celebration of your team's ass kicking is in really bad taste.

According to Green, he was just there (probably to celebrate his birthday) and ran into the Heat party. As I said in a post after the one you quoted, Green doesn't really look happy in those pictures. I doubt he really went there to party.

That being said, you might not see Magic or Jordan party right after a game, but we did see Peyton Manning and Ray Lewis hang out for a while after the Ravens beat the Broncos in the playoffs. Some competitors can put aside their animosity almost instantly and go back to being friends. As I said, your view on sportsmanship isn't wrong, but it's not the only view. It's pretty clear Green took the loss as hard as anyone did, and he can handle it in whatever way he sees fit. If that means manning up and congratulating James and the rest of the Heat while watching them celebrate his defeat, that's just what he felt he had to do.

Reck
06-21-2013, 04:37 PM
lol

ElNono
06-21-2013, 04:41 PM
smh some spurfans

MannyIsGod
06-21-2013, 04:48 PM

peacemaker885
06-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Man I don't think Danny had to explain himself but he did. He's a good guy and we should be thankful for that. Lets all move on now.

jiggy_55
06-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Why does he keep saying my goal is to bring Timmy back? Think it's the 2nd time he said that..

SpurOutofTownFan
06-21-2013, 04:59 PM
is this a serious thread?

baseline bum
06-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Not classy, tbh. Imagine Duncan or Manu partying yesterday. Danny, oh, Danny... :nope

Dude, the season was over. Nothing wrong with going out to relax a bit after a rough night. He definitely earned it with the great Finals he had.

baseline bum
06-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Life goes on, tbh.

Why you gotta go there with the avatar, man?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Trade him to the Raptors :td

Chinook
06-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Why does he keep saying my goal is to bring Timmy back? Think it's the 2nd time he said that..

He's putting a target on himself. He's going to have to live up to the feeling that he can be the difference-maker on the team. It's similar to Parker's statements to Duncan after the WCF last season. We'll see how Danny follows through, but if he becomes a great player (borderline All-Star like Ray Allen for a few years) then this would be the event that starts it.

boga
06-21-2013, 05:40 PM
IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM, JOIN THEM

DJR210
06-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Can you imagine the amount of premium Miami pussy at that party? Can't blame him for being there..

Sean Cagney
06-21-2013, 05:43 PM

Shabazz
06-21-2013, 05:52 PM
Danny Green was not partying with the Heat. He went to a club with some friends, and it was the wrong club. Those pictures are the only interactions he had with Lebron James before he and his friends left to go to a different club.

You guys ought to be smarter than this.

Knoxxx
06-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Questionable judgement but Danny is a good guy. What's more, his shooting saved us in game 1 and maybe game 5 also.

hater
06-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Danny Green was not the problem this series

elmanutres
06-21-2013, 05:58 PM
lol wow, this escalated quickly. Green went from hero to potential finals mvp to hated for partying with a former teamate

Shabazz
06-21-2013, 06:01 PM
lol wow, this escalated quickly. Green went from hero to potential finals mvp to hated for partying with a former teamate

and he didn't even party with Lebron. Two former teammates gave each other daps in passing before Danny left that club, someone took photos of it, and now people are jumping to conclusions based only on seeing those photos.

cute_spursfan
06-21-2013, 06:11 PM
type of cheese y'all want with that wine? LOL !

SA210
06-21-2013, 06:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cVxP7By.gif

Yup, anyone that believes that :lol

Mr Bones
06-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Green's tweet:

Danny Green ‏@DGreen_141m
Got give credit to Miami...but don't think for one sec I was out celebrating with them...jus happened to be at the same place, wrong time

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet-- it's not all true"
~Thomas Jefferson

hooperflash
06-21-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm too lazy to look through the pages.

Atl Spur
06-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Ask yourself, would LeBron been at his party after being eliminated?

eds
06-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Danny Green was not partying with the Heat. He went to a club with some friends, and it was the wrong club. Those pictures are the only interactions he had with Lebron James before he and his friends left to go to a different club.

You guys ought to be smarter than this.

this made me feel better, im in asia and i just woke up to this news and i'm mad so thanks

eds
06-21-2013, 06:44 PM

tesseractive
06-21-2013, 06:47 PM
~Thomas Jefferson

Atl Spur
06-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Blow off steam? You don't get out much huh? Go over a woman's house, fly back with your team, etc...... Don't party with a dude who wouldn't reciprocate with you!!! Very lame Danny!!!!

Atl Spur
06-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Miami has a ton of clubs; that bitch knew LeBron was there!!!! Quit being naive..... He's a d-rider!!!period

lefty
06-21-2013, 06:55 PM
A hungover Manu was there too :

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/avatars/avaginobili2.bmp

ThaBigFundamental21
06-21-2013, 07:01 PM
Is that Drake, top left? Beiber, bottom left?

ThaBigFundamental21
06-21-2013, 07:06 PM
Not cool. He isn't a true Spur. I guess it's safe to say he ditches us when his contract ends, and jumps shim to Miami, or some big market. Dude wouldn't even be in the NBA if Pop hadn't given him a chance. He called up and begged for another chance. I just don't understand why he would even want to chill with them. It's just odd, think about this, you lose the finals to them, then you try and find where they are partying so you can hang out??? I''m trying to understand his though process here. Whatever, fuck him.

bryants2hot2handle
06-21-2013, 07:15 PM
fuck so fucking pissed to see this. And lebron just living it up like a FRAUD.

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 07:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDrIznvcMRs

rascal
06-21-2013, 07:23 PM
Alright, hold up dude.

I don't like Green partying with LeBron, or even at all right after losing, but what the fuck? GREEN of all people cost us a 5th title? Seriously? Out of everyone on the team he's the one guy who played WAY above expectations that series (Duncan, Leonard, and Diaw are the only other ones who played better than expected). The guy set a record for best three point shooting in NBA history and you're actually blaming him because he was only white hot for 5 games instead of all 7?

You need to blame the asshole in your avatar at least 10x more than Green.

He went cold when they decided to guard him. He can hit an open 3 but not much else.

rmt
06-21-2013, 07:31 PM
DG and Lebron were friends long before he was a Spur. The guy is young, he's in Miami, better to go out than stay in the hotel moping. He was gutted after the game - looked like he was crying - so disappointed that he let TD, Leonard down. Life goes on. Hopefully, the loss drives him to work on his mid-range and ball-handling skills. I was impressed with how he handled himself in the interviews - dressed well, spoke articulately/expressively - not so easily done when you're not used to public speaking on a big stage. Leonard definitely needs work in that area. I don't blame DG for his poor shooting in games 6 and 7 - regression to the mean - it was bound to happen - just happy he broke Allen's record (6 games) in 5 games - nobody thought he'd do that. Future is bright for DG and KL.

spursfan09
06-21-2013, 07:47 PM
How dare he live life.

Kidd K
06-21-2013, 07:56 PM
He went cold when they decided to guard him. He can hit an open 3 but not much else.

Offensively, I agree. And that's why I don't blame Danny Green for not doing much in games 6 and 7. He was bound to not make an impact for at least two games (probably more like five) because he's a roleplayer who isn't relied upon.

Green did way more than we thought he would. Manu did FAR less than we thought he would. Manu is to blame much, much more than Green and it's not even close.

booonkers
06-21-2013, 07:59 PM
Sorry Danny Green, was just at the same club at the wrong time.

Atl Spur
06-21-2013, 08:03 PM
How dare he live life.

I'm glad you were never my teammate! You just don't get it I can tell!

rascal
06-21-2013, 08:03 PM
Offensively, I agree. And that's why I don't blame Danny Green for not doing much in games 6 and 7. He was bound to not make an impact for at least two games (probably more like five) because he's a roleplayer who isn't relied upon.

Green did way more than we thought he would. Manu did FAR less than we thought he would. Manu is to blame much, much more than Green and it's not even close.

I am not at all surprised about Manu. I did not expect much from Manu or Splitter and got pretty much what I expected from both. People in here were overrating both.
I said earlier in the season Leonard should over take Manu in playing a bigger role in the offense during the season so he will be a beast come playoff time. Did not happen as Manu was still given the bigger role.

Atl Spur
06-21-2013, 08:05 PM
No one said he should stop living life but be a leader and not someone's groupie dude. Ask yourself, would LeBron done the same?

weebo
06-21-2013, 08:09 PM
This is not about the fans or the media. This about your teammates, your coaches, and the organization. Someone mentioned Manning hanging out with Ray Lewis after the Superbowl but Danny Green is no Peyton Manning. He hasn't earned that right. He is a role player on a team stacked with HOF'ers. If this had been Duncan, different story. Plus, he has the rest of the offseason "to live his life."

Kidd K
06-21-2013, 08:12 PM
I am not at all surprised about Manu. I did not expect much from Manu or Splitter and got pretty much what I expected from both. People in here were overrating both.
I said earlier in the season Leonard should over take Manu in playing a bigger role in the offense during the season so he will be a beast come playoff time. Did not happen as Manu was still given the bigger role.

The way Pop was playing Manu, it was with very high expectations. He never got benched no matter how bad he played. I use that as my measuring stick more than I do what I personally think.

Green hasn't been used in a way where he's relied upon, and Manu is. Green came through well above not only what fans thought, but also what Pop seems to typically expect. Manu: total opposite even if some fans are giving him a pass (undeservedly) in saying they didn't expect the Spurs highest salary player to perform very well.

davidbowie
06-21-2013, 08:16 PM

:rollin

Another edp classic

booonkers
06-21-2013, 08:21 PM
I love how Danny Green tweets his thoughts. I especially love how he wants everyone to come back and try again next year.

james evans
06-21-2013, 10:08 PM
BITCH!!! he didn't seem too down on himself in those pics. get rid of him.

SA210
06-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Not about Danny Green, but this shit is hilarious :lmao

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q71/s720x720/1016590_588377511182600_1665895746_n.jpg

SA210
06-21-2013, 10:17 PM

:rollin

bigfan
06-21-2013, 10:17 PM
He is young and fucked up. Hopefully either he will realize his mistake or he will get educated by his teammates. Not that big of a deal.

th3answ3r
06-21-2013, 10:35 PM
disrespectful. how can you do this to your teammates?
Hell how can you live with yourself, nba finals and you lost I would not be partying with the enemy.

Mr Bones
06-22-2013, 12:14 AM
Green's tweet:

~Thomas Jefferson

People in this thread are still ranting about a story that isn't true, and I imagine over the course of the next few years there will still be people complaining that Danny Green partied with the Heat on the night the Spurs lost game 7. It's not true, people. It's simply not true. This is how stupid urban myths are started and never go away.

PingPong
06-22-2013, 12:19 AM
Who's give a fuck? But I just think this fucker isn't a starting player fora a contender team.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2013, 12:23 AM
People that keep trashing Green, that don't want him on the team anymore, saying that he choked when he had an unbelievable year in the playoffs, all because of some pics? I am starting to question your knowledge as a basketball fan. If you'll want to crucify anyone for costing us a title then sh*t go crucify Pop and Manu.

rick1991
06-22-2013, 12:42 AM
People in this thread are still ranting about a story that isn't true, and I imagine over the course of the next few years there will still be people complaining that Danny Green partied with the Heat on the night the Spurs lost game 7. It's not true, people. It's simply not true. This is how stupid urban myths are started and never go away.

100% true.

BackHome
06-22-2013, 01:19 AM
I'm glad you were never my teammate! You just don't get it I can tell!

+1 ........You would never see Jordan/Kareem,Bird going to another teams after party after they beat you in the Finals.

spursfan09
06-22-2013, 02:04 AM
:lol teammate? In what freaken league? What game? You know there's sports and there's life. Two seperate things. After game 7 life goes on. I'm not going to be pissed he partied it up with Lebron. Its Tim Duncan's , tony Parker's job to be upset, not mine. This is like my nephew calling me up after game 7 saying how we are not losers, how can we lose . How could this happen? I told him we did not play the game. I'm not the loser. Just a fan. I got emotionally invested in a team and it hurt but I am not the team. If DG needed to take his mind off things and Lj was his teammate so what? It's not like he was the heat locker room wearing championship gear.

sexinthatsx
06-22-2013, 02:39 AM

hahaha not only did Ginobili lose the ball numerous times, he lost his ticket. Seems like he has a knack for losing things. Too soon?

milkyway21
06-22-2013, 06:02 AM
Ya I don't get it either. I hear what people are saying about these guys having their lives, they're friends and blah blah blah. But have some pride man, seriously. You don't go celebrate your ass kicking with the guys that just kicked your ass. Either Green is beyond stupid for doing this or he's just kissing ass to get noticed. SMH

:tu
Duncan's heart is still bleeding at that time and you show up at the party who just kicked your ass?

Have some dignity & show support...

I am not a sore loser

but you can show sportsmanship, hugging, handshake after the game

Legacy
06-22-2013, 06:07 AM
:lol Again... it's just back to the good $life$ for these athletes/millionaires... they could give 2 shits about what we think. That's just the way it is. They're gonna' live it up and spend dat money any which way they want to with whomever they damn well want to. ... And there ain't shit you can do about it.

spursfan09
06-22-2013, 06:27 AM
^exactly so who cares? It's Tim or Tony or manuS job to care.

AussieFanKurt
06-22-2013, 08:29 AM
why does it matter

exstatic
06-22-2013, 08:32 AM
Does anyone think that if we had played Indy in the Finals and beaten them that GHill wouldn't have stopped by for a drink?

It's the same thing. Take a fucking pill, people.

jag
06-22-2013, 09:34 AM

Agree 100%

jag
06-22-2013, 09:38 AM

Trill Clinton?

dallasmaverickslose
06-22-2013, 09:39 AM

Ok I'm not gonna lie. This one is pretty effing hilarious.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2013, 10:52 AM
:lol Again... it's just back to the good $life$ for these athletes/millionaires... they could give 2 shits about what we think. That's just the way it is. They're gonna' live it up and spend dat money any which way they want to with whomever they damn well want to. ... And there ain't shit you can do about it.This is why Tim Duncan is special and unique. He is a true warrior, the ultimate winner, and a class act.

mudyez
06-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Didn't read all the posts, but my take is:

I really don't like it, but in todays NBA I don't blame him either. They are all friends to the extent, that they are more friend than competitors. I hate that and would love it oldschool. I don't want to see handshakes etc.. I want Pistons like walkoffs and dirty tripping attempts.

Imagine John Starks partying with Kenny Smith, Robert Horry, Mario elie etc. in '94!

SA210
06-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Yahoo front page:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/danny-green-made-appearance-heat-championship-celebration-173557204.html

exstatic
06-22-2013, 11:19 AM

I really don't like it, but in todays NBA I don't blame him either. They are all friends to the extent, that they are more friend than competitors. I hate that and would love it oldschool. I don't want to see handshakes etc.. I want Pistons like walkoffs and dirty tripping attempts.

Imagine John Starks partying with Kenny Smith, Robert Horry, Mario elie etc. in '94!

Was he ever a teammate of theirs? To me, that's what tips the scales over to the point where it's OK for Danny to be there with LeBron.

Xevious
06-22-2013, 11:20 AM

Said it better than I could. Once the ball is tipped, it's all business. But the series/season is over. There's no reason why these guys can't congratulate each other over a hard fought series and have a good time.

mudyez
06-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Was he ever a teammate of theirs? To me, that's what tips the scales over to the point where it's OK for Danny to be there with LeBron.

Sure, that works for DG...but I also had to think about Gronk and the Giants, so I'm not sure if its only about "teammating".

But then again, Gronk is a weirdo.

As I said: I don't even blame Danny, I'd just wish the league would toughen up a bit. All this love is hard to swallow, when fans despise the oponents. It gives a feeling of players not giving a sh*** about the team (again, I'm not saying Danny doesn't).

And I'm one of Pop's supporters for acting the way he did after the game (but more like: "That will help his team and fans to put it into perspective...it's just a game).

jimbo
06-22-2013, 11:38 AM

:cry b-b-but Spurs = class :cry

mudyez
06-22-2013, 11:40 AM
:cry b-b-but Spurs = class :cry

And I love it....But the whole league?

Mr Bones
06-22-2013, 11:42 AM

Green's tweet:

~Thomas Jefferson

cute_spursfan
06-22-2013, 11:58 AM
he aint young. he turns 26 today!!! old enough to know better but, young enough to Not give a FFcUK!!! no respect towards tim. fuck this fuck boy...

milkyway21
06-22-2013, 03:08 PM
maybe he just wants to have a good time after his woeful woeful 1-for-19 from three-point range in Game 6 and 7 ? :depressed

Roy Hibbert & David West did not shake hands after their ECF loss to Miami that was how disappointed they were.
I think they don't need to but for sportsmanship they have to.

But partying? :D It's like you congratulated somebody for the job well done....job well done for outplaying you in the last 20 sec of game 6 :nutkick:

:vomit: :lol

If not true, thank you for those who leak a story he was there to party.

dbestpro
06-22-2013, 03:38 PM
It is the way of the show. Just all of the cast members getting together to celebrate their performances.