PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Spurs.......

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-21-2013, 01:56 PM
...for an amazing playoff run this year. You were rumored to be the underdog at the beginning of every series you played in and you proved the doubters wrong. There's no shame in how you played in the NBA Finals....so much to be proud of. As heart-breaking as game 6 was for us fans, you all played like champions throughout these playoffs. One rebound, one second chance three missed by the Heat and we're celebrating on the Riverwalk. The Heat have the world's greatest player, but you have the world's best team. I was honored to watch a great, great season...thank you.

Thank you Tim Duncan for being who you are. Thank you for believing in your mentor David Robinson, and respecting his legacy when you showed up in San Antonio. You took what he started and made it better. Your greatness enabled David to retire on top of the basketball world and then you kept that spirit alive creating a culture in the Spurs organization that is very unique in professional sports today. Back in 2000 you were considered to be perhaps the greatest player in the world like Lebron is now. When a Florida NBA team came calling you stayed with the small market team that drafted you...that loves you. Had you said yes to Orlando back in 2000 the entire Spurs franchise might be playing in another city today....so thank you for staying. Later, as a veteran in this league you took less money to help your team sign competent role players...players who would prove valuable in the playoffs...you could have still commanded whatever salary you wanted but you put the team before yourself...again...thank you. When you suffered through knee pain and plantar fasciitis you changed your entire physical makeup/diet/workout regimen to further your career. And not only have you furthered it, you've turned back the clock. Players just don't do that...they just don't turn back time like you have...thank you. Had you not achieved the impossible with your physical health the Spurs would likely have been preparing for the upcoming lottery, not licking their wounds after an agonizing 7 game Finals defeat....thank you. You averaged 27 and 15 in the last two games of the NBA Finals...at age 37...on the road. You are the GOAT.

Thank you Manu Ginobili. Thank you for loving this team and this city. You were a crucial ingredient to 3 of our 4 championship teams. You sat out large stretches of the end of the regular season with injuries to both of your hamstrings yet you came back in the playoffs and provided some big minutes. You were asked to play at the highest level when a lot of guys your age would have simply been trying to get themselves back into playing shape. The Heat schemed to stop you, and in some ways they did, but you still delivered some great moments. I was in the arena when you gave us that memorable game 5 performance. There's more of that left in you Manu. Don't retire. Two more years...give us two more. Thank you.

Thank you Tony Parker. You had a chance to blame your hamstring for your struggles in the last two games of the playoffs...but champions don't make excuses. All of us who've seen you play the last 10 years can recognize when you are struggling to find that explosion. If you were 100%, you and the Spurs would have probably produced a different outcome in this series. Just like Tim and Manu, you stayed with the Spurs when more glamorous destinations like New York and LA came calling through the years. You stayed. You played amazing all year...your game has improved each and every year throughout your NBA career which is obviously a reflection of the time and dedication you've put into making your game better. You are in the conversation about the best players in the league. You are a leader on this team...it's now yours. It would have been impossible for Lebron to have stayed with you had you stayed healthy running through the motion offense...ahh, what might have been I suppose. Thank you.

Thank you Kawhi Leonard. You are a star in the making in the mold of the former Spurs greats...fearless, unassuming, hard working. You give me great hope that the legacy of the Spurs will continue even after the Big 3 have retired. Your play in these Finals was amazing. Your dad would obviously be so proud. Thank you.

Thank you Danny Green, Tiago Splitter, Gary Neal, Boris Diaw, Matt Bonner and the rest of the Spurs team. You each stepped up at moments in these playoffs. You are among the best players in the world, but you defer to the greatness of the Spurs core players, and the culture of playing in San Antonio. I was proud to be a Spurs fan watching each of you this post season. There is no Finals appearance without you all doing your part. This is the best supporting cast the Spurs have had in many years. Thank you.

Thank you Gregg Popovich. You are the one coach in the NBA who truly is 'Coach' in my mind. You're a throwback to the days when NBA coaches coached and players listened and respected that leader in the organization. Your philosophy is key to the success this team has enjoyed over the years. San Antonio is the only small market team...the only professional sports team...that can lay claim to the consistent success that the Spurs have enjoyed over the years, and much of that credit has to go to you. You seem to be able to construct, and re-construct a winning formula year after year. Your players want to play for you. They believe in you even if sometimes the fans don't. They actually listen...what professional coach has that type of influence on their team these days? Very few. The loyalty you create in your players is unlike anything in sports. Truly a testament to who you are and the amazing coach you are. You handle winning, and losing with grace, which is a great lesson for all of us. Thank you.

Thank you Spurstalk. It's been a fun decade, plus, that I've been around most of you. I don't get to be around much these days, but this website is still my go-to site for relief from the stress of the day-to-day. I can step into this world and be a kid for a little while. I can go back to the days when the biggest concern in life was hoping and praying for a Spurs victory. I saw the tears rolling down my son's face last night when the Spurs lost and all I could do is think back to all those years I cheered for the Spurs when they came up a little short of my hopes but I kept cheering....kept hoping. I come into this forum and I remember the days when I attended games with my Dad in the Hemisfair Arena, cheering every victory and feeling sad after every loss. From the Iceman, to the Admiral, I cheered every era until finally, 23 years after my first Spurs game, I got to savor that first of four amazing seasons when my Spurs were the last team standing when the season was done. The Tim Duncan era has been the greatest of them all. I've been here cheering with all of you this last decade, and what an honor it's been for me. Thank you Kori. Thank you LJ. Thank all of you.

Spurs Peak After Miami.

Believe.

:cooldevil

ElNono
06-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Thank you Ed for putting that beautiful post together :toast

MeloHype
06-21-2013, 02:10 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/didnt-read-lol-chicken-gif.gif

Agloco
06-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Well put. Have missed your postings around here of late.

LakerHater
06-21-2013, 02:11 PM
https://photos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/941708_10200868708933704_405516633_n.jpg

LakerHater
06-21-2013, 02:12 PM

DesignatedT
06-21-2013, 02:13 PM
:tu

Kuestmaster
06-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Nice post. Very proud of being a spur. Forever.

peacemaker885
06-21-2013, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the post sir. Can't wait for November :-)

timvp
06-21-2013, 02:19 PM
Great post, thanks.

Embedded
06-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Excellent post. I couldn't be more proud of our guys and coaches, really, look how far we made it and how close we came to winning a championship. Let Danny Green party with Lebron, they were friends in Cleveland, it is going to be really weird not having basketball for 4.5 months, and I will miss a lot of you guys, I am sure SpursTalk will slow down during the offseason. Timvp and others, thank you so much for your valuable insight.

ancestron
06-21-2013, 02:23 PM
great read. thanks.

Embedded
06-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Ed, I read that post for a second time, what a great read, thank you so much.

davidbowie
06-21-2013, 02:31 PM
awesome

Amuseddaysleeper
06-21-2013, 02:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOgpT5rEKIU

:lol

But seriously, good post Ed :toast

Dex
06-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Thank you, Ed Helicopter Jones, for providing the first thing I've read that made me feel better about this series.

Such a bitter ending to a fantastic season, but it was a hell of a ride while it lasted. I already can't wait for the next time the silver and black tip the ball up.

Good to see you back around these parts, old chap. :tu

kaji157
06-21-2013, 02:49 PM
I love this team.
A lot of things that were unprobable to go wrong happened to go wrong, but everyone tried their best.
Clearlly most players weren´t 100% for the playoffs and we don´t have a bunch of good players that came here to play with ur primadonnas stars.
Have we had Allen or Battier like players join us on their prime this core would have had multiple titles, yet they stayed in San Antonio, winning less money that they could, playing a much harder way to try and bring championships to the city they clearly love.
I hope they would have represented my home team the way they represented yours and made me feel part of your community.

#Proud

Gervin44Silas13
06-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Good post!:danceclub

houston spurs fan
06-21-2013, 02:52 PM
One of the best takes I have ever read on ST. I have felt like shit all day, never taken a loss this hard, ever. But this post contributes to my recovery.

crc21209
06-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Thank you Ed Helicopter Jones. Your thread has provided a little bit of relief for me. We are lucky as hell to have this team, from Tim Duncan to Cory Joseph. Every single one of them gave us their all and left it all on the floor this season. I still remember as a little kid growing up watching the Spurs fall in the first round year after after year to the likes of the Jazz. I never imagined they would win 1, let alone 4 titles. Thank you Spurs for everything this season...

~Sweetmelody~
06-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Well said!! Thank you expressing so eloquently how many of us feel, beautiful post!

wildbill2u
06-21-2013, 03:36 PM
It was so well put that somehow we should get it framed and sent to each of the Spurs and the Coaches and Staff with the signatures of Spurs fans at SpursTalk attached.

Kori, LJ, Helicopter make it happen.

SpurSwag
06-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Fantastic post man, and I know we'll be back to win it next year. Words cannot express how fortunate we are to witness Tim Duncan's greatness. The man is everything you could ask of your franchise player, and there's no one I would rather have on my team than him. Kawhi will hopefully take the next step next season to take some of the pressure off of Manu and Tony in terms of creating, and I just know we will be contending next year too. I don't think this was Tim's last shot at #5

~Sweetmelody~
06-21-2013, 03:49 PM
It was so well put that somehow we should get it framed and sent to each of the Spurs and the Coaches and Staff with the signatures of Spurs fans at SpursTalk attached.

Kori, LJ, Helicopter make it happen.

I second that!

romsho
06-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Awesome, awesome post. Really well said. Thanks for that man.

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 04:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgr6BoAa1lo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgr6BoAa1lo)

Rebounds
06-21-2013, 04:54 PM
A complete encapsulation of all I love about my team, the organization and it's loyal fan base. I am so proud just to be a part of it all, ever since the HemisFair Arena days also. Thank you Ed!

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Great post my friend. Makes me sad and brings up feelings of nostalgia, but it's well worth it. Even though we came up short, what an incredible season it really was for a team that most people had completely written off. Cheers to you and all of those who keep this great site up and running. And as always, Go Spurs Go :toast

:flag:

Samurai Jane
06-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Great post! :toast

I'm not as eloquent, so I'll just say, thank you, Spurs, all of you, for the amazing effort and amazing season. Love you guys!!

GrandeDavid
06-21-2013, 05:02 PM
Amazing post, simply beautiful and uplifting. Thank you!

ElNono
06-21-2013, 05:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgr6BoAa1lo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgr6BoAa1lo)

You forgot to spam two other threads in the front page, tbh...

FYI, forum runs and attention whoring is frowned upon upstairs...

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 05:03 PM
http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2013/06/21/thousands-of-fans-welcome-spurs-home-at-san-antonio-airport/?fb_source=pubv1

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 05:14 PM
You forgot to spam two other threads in the front page, tbh...

FYI, forum runs and attention whoring is frowned upon upstairs...Just trying to remind everyone why the Spurs didn't win it all and why Manu should retire.

ElNono
06-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Just trying to remind everyone why the Spurs didn't win it all and why Manu should retire.

We heard you the first 300 times... spamming threads, especially quality thread like this one, isn't going to twist or change anybody's mind... in fact, they reflect pretty poorly on you.

Agloco
06-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Just trying to remind everyone why the Spurs didn't win it all and why Manu should retire.

Take this shit downstairs. You'll get more play there tbh.

eds
06-21-2013, 06:55 PM
thank you

tesseractive
06-21-2013, 06:56 PM
What a wonderful post. Great coda for a great season.

eds
06-21-2013, 07:14 PM
also i want the team to read this

Dimes
06-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Thank you, Ed Helicopter Jones, for providing the first thing I've read that made me feel better about this series.

Such a bitter ending to a fantastic season, but it was a hell of a ride while it lasted. I already can't wait for the next time the silver and black tip the ball up.

Good to see you back around these parts, old chap. :tu

Delurking to say: this. Really great post, thank you.

Sean Cagney
06-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Never thought we would be this far in the playoffs, shocked me! I am upset they lost it all and game 6 ending sucked but yeah they had a great season.

jon123spurs
06-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Everyone doubted us this year. Saying we were old, slow and boring. Well guess what we were 1 FREE THROW AWAY FROM OUR 5TH CHAMPIONSHIP. Put that in your damn pipe and smoke it. Can't tell you how much pride I have in this team. In my eyes they are the 2013 NBA Champions!

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-21-2013, 09:05 PM
:tu It was an AMAZING run. For all the people getting angry at the Spurs, wake up! We got to the NBA FINALS. We sure as hell can do it again next year if we use some of the cap money correctly.

Sean Cagney
06-21-2013, 09:47 PM
:tu It was an AMAZING run. For all the people getting angry at the Spurs, wake up! We got to the NBA FINALS. We sure as hell can do it again next year if we use some of the cap money correctly.

That is a big if! We don't have a first rounder this year do we?

Twenty1Lik3aBoss
06-21-2013, 11:27 PM
awesome post indeed RESPECT!
Duncan best of all time

spurs10
06-22-2013, 12:25 AM
Thank you for this thoughtful and inspiring post. It's hard for some of my friends and colleagues to understand the depth of some of our sorrow, as Spurs fans, after a loss like this. We've lost before, plenty of times, but this one is so hard because we were right there. It's a tough one for sure, but this post of yours Mr. Chopper reminded me of all we have to be thankful for....so again thank you! I want my wife to read this because she's pretty down in the dumps and I'm sure she'll find your post as a lift to her spirits as well! :flag:

StoneBuddha
06-22-2013, 12:39 AM
Thank you, sir! We all needed that little bit of inspiration.

Man In Black
06-22-2013, 12:42 AM
Chopper...AMAZING!!!!

I remember when we frequented the OG Spurs place all those years ago. What you said...POIGNANT!

StoneBuddha
06-22-2013, 12:48 AM
Thank you for this thoughtful and inspiring post. It's hard for some of my friends and colleagues to understand the depth of some of our sorrow, as Spurs fans, after a loss like this. We've lost before, plenty of times, but this one is so hard because we were right there. It's a tough one for sure, but this post of yours Mr. Chopper reminded me of all we have to be thankful for....so again thank you! I want my wife to read this because she's pretty down in the dumps and I'm sure she'll find your post as a lift to her spirits as well! :flag:

At least your wife feels your pain. Mine doesnt really get sports and looks at me and my 9-year-old son incredulously as we wallowed in deep dispair.

This is the first thing I've read since Tuesday that's made me feel better.

Marcus Bryant
06-22-2013, 01:12 AM
Hear, hear.

lowdown
06-22-2013, 01:52 AM
Thank you for an honest and true perspective. This organization keeps the Spurs in the position to complete with the best so I'm starting to believe they might have another fight in them in the next year or two be the last team standing.

exstatic
06-22-2013, 07:34 AM
That is a big if! We don't have a first rounder this year do we?

What is YES? #28

Eloquent, as always, EHJ.

Thomas3
06-22-2013, 08:51 AM
Best post I've read in years, totally true...
There will never be a big 3 like Tony, Manu and Timmy! They're true champions.

None of these players deserve to be hated at this moment. Especially Manu.

There is no better organisation than The Spurs.

I love this team since 1997. Watching many playoffgames at night here in Belgium (and then went to school/work) prove that!

Grts.

Be proud of this team.

ShoogarBear
06-22-2013, 08:53 AM
Thank, EHJ.

And especially for not describing again what you do in the shower.

mudyez
06-22-2013, 09:34 AM
PROUD!!!!

EVAY
06-22-2013, 09:49 AM
beautifully said.

Thank you for putting it together and posting it.

EVAY
06-22-2013, 09:52 AM
I was in a food/wine shop here in Colorado yesterday and a woman behind the counter was saying "Is that thing finally over? I couldn't stand it". I just said "Last night was a very bad night...very bad." A guy said "oh, you must be a Spurs fan". I just repeated that it was a very bad night, and left.

jag
06-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Quality stuff EHJ

Horse
06-22-2013, 12:11 PM
...for an amazing playoff run this year. You were rumored to be the underdog at the beginning of every series you played in and you proved the doubters wrong. There's no shame in how you played in the NBA Finals....so much to be proud of. As heart-breaking as game 6 was for us fans, you all played like champions throughout these playoffs. One rebound, one second chance three missed by the Heat and we're celebrating on the Riverwalk. The Heat have the world's greatest player, but you have the world's best team. I was honored to watch a great, great season...thank you.

Thank you Tim Duncan for being who you are. Thank you for believing in your mentor David Robinson, and respecting his legacy when you showed up in San Antonio. You took what he started and made it better. Your greatness enabled David to retire on top of the basketball world and then you kept that spirit alive creating a culture in the Spurs organization that is very unique in professional sports today. Back in 2000 you were considered to be perhaps the greatest player in the world like Lebron is now. When a Florida NBA team came calling you stayed with the small market team that drafted you...that loves you. Had you said yes to Orlando back in 2000 the entire Spurs franchise might be playing in another city today....so thank you for staying. Later, as a veteran in this league you took less money to help your team sign competent role players...players who would prove valuable in the playoffs...you could have still commanded whatever salary you wanted but you put the team before yourself...again...thank you. When you suffered through knee pain and plantar fasciitis you changed your entire physical makeup/diet/workout regimen to further your career. And not only have you furthered it, you've turned back the clock. Players just don't do that...they just don't turn back time like you have...thank you. Had you not achieved the impossible with your physical health the Spurs would likely have been preparing for the upcoming lottery, not licking their wounds after an agonizing 7 game Finals defeat....thank you. You averaged 27 and 15 in the last two games of the NBA Finals...at age 37...on the road. You are the GOAT.

Thank you Manu Ginobili. Thank you for loving this team and this city. You were a crucial ingredient to 3 of our 4 championship teams. You sat out large stretches of the end of the regular season with injuries to both of your hamstrings yet you came back in the playoffs and provided some big minutes. You were asked to play at the highest level when a lot of guys your age would have simply been trying to get themselves back into playing shape. The Heat schemed to stop you, and in some ways they did, but you still delivered some great moments. I was in the arena when you gave us that memorable game 5 performance. There's more of that left in you Manu. Don't retire. Two more years...give us two more. Thank you.

Thank you Tony Parker. You had a chance to blame your hamstring for your struggles in the last two games of the playoffs...but champions don't make excuses. All of us who've seen you play the last 10 years can recognize when you are struggling to find that explosion. If you were 100%, you and the Spurs would have probably produced a different outcome in this series. Just like Tim and Manu, you stayed with the Spurs when more glamorous destinations like New York and LA came calling through the years. You stayed. You played amazing all year...your game has improved each and every year throughout your NBA career which is obviously a reflection of the time and dedication you've put into making your game better. You are in the conversation about the best players in the league. You are a leader on this team...it's now yours. It would have been impossible for Lebron to have stayed with you had you stayed healthy running through the motion offense...ahh, what might have been I suppose. Thank you.

Thank you Kawhi Leonard. You are a star in the making in the mold of the former Spurs greats...fearless, unassuming, hard working. You give me great hope that the legacy of the Spurs will continue even after the Big 3 have retired. Your play in these Finals was amazing. Your dad would obviously be so proud. Thank you.

Thank you Danny Green, Tiago Splitter, Gary Neal, Boris Diaw, Matt Bonner and the rest of the Spurs team. You each stepped up at moments in these playoffs. You are among the best players in the world, but you defer to the greatness of the Spurs core players, and the culture of playing in San Antonio. I was proud to be a Spurs fan watching each of you this post season. There is no Finals appearance without you all doing your part. This is the best supporting cast the Spurs have had in many years. Thank you.

Thank you Gregg Popovich. You are the one coach in the NBA who truly is 'Coach' in my mind. You're a throwback to the days when NBA coaches coached and players listened and respected that leader in the organization. Your philosophy is key to the success this team has enjoyed over the years. San Antonio is the only small market team...the only professional sports team...that can lay claim to the consistent success that the Spurs have enjoyed over the years, and much of that credit has to go to you. You seem to be able to construct, and re-construct a winning formula year after year. Your players want to play for you. They believe in you even if sometimes the fans don't. They actually listen...what professional coach has that type of influence on their team these days? Very few. The loyalty you create in your players is unlike anything in sports. Truly a testament to who you are and the amazing coach you are. You handle winning, and losing with grace, which is a great lesson for all of us. Thank you.

Thank you Spurstalk. It's been a fun decade, plus, that I've been around most of you. I don't get to be around much these days, but this website is still my go-to site for relief from the stress of the day-to-day. I can step into this world and be a kid for a little while. I can go back to the days when the biggest concern in life was hoping and praying for a Spurs victory. I saw the tears rolling down my son's face last night when the Spurs lost and all I could do is think back to all those years I cheered for the Spurs when they came up a little short of my hopes but I kept cheering....kept hoping. I come into this forum and I remember the days when I attended games with my Dad in the Hemisfair Arena, cheering every victory and feeling sad after every loss. From the Iceman, to the Admiral, I cheered every era until finally, 23 years after my first Spurs game, I got to savor that first of four amazing seasons when my Spurs were the last team standing when the season was done. The Tim Duncan era has been the greatest of them all. I've been here cheering with all of you this last decade, and what an honor it's been for me. Thank you Kori. Thank you LJ. Thank all of you.

Spurs Peak After Miami.

Believe.

That was awesome. Game 6 was heartbreaking. And although we can't have the trophy, we all know the San Antonio Spurs were the best team of the 2012-2013 season. miami knows it most of all, so they better watchout!

TXstbobcat
06-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Thank you Spurs. I will never forget that playoff run. Some of those playoff games had my heart racing a mile a minute. I will never forget going to game 2 in Miami and game 5. This season will always be special for me even though we came just short of the title.

carina_gino20
06-22-2013, 12:54 PM
:tu Chopper. Now you better bring the SPAM post back next season.

DMX7
06-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Thank you Spurs. I will never forget that playoff run. Some of those playoff games had my heart racing a mile a minute. I will never forget going to game 2 in Miami and game 5. This season will always be special for me even though we came just short of the title.

You went to game 2 and game 5? Pretty sweet even though we lost game 2 and the series :(

Slomo
06-22-2013, 01:54 PM
Thank you Ed!

:toast :spam:

Sean Cagney
06-22-2013, 01:56 PM
What is YES? #28

Eloquent, as always, EHJ.Oh I thought we traded it for Jax.

DOS CHAINZ
06-22-2013, 02:14 PM
GREAT POST! Had 2Pac's "Keep Ya Head Up" on replay yesterday to help the healing process. But this really hit home. Thank you for such a great read.

TXstbobcat
06-22-2013, 02:16 PM
You went to game 2 and game 5? Pretty sweet even though we lost game 2 and the series :(

Even though we lost game 2, Miami was really fun to visit. The beaches are great and the girls were really hot in Miami.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2013, 04:59 PM
EHJ you still in ABQ? Didn't think it was possible for me to suffer a worst basketball defeat this year than Harvard. :lol I WAS WRONG.

-21-
06-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Best post I've read in a while. :flag:

BWS-1994
06-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Well said. Thanks. Looking forward for a better ending next season! :)

kemak
06-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Love reading positive posts on here, thanks for it.

alamo50
06-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Nice one Ed.

spurraider21
06-22-2013, 10:01 PM
great read. shocked i left that thread unchecked for this long. thanks

sammy
06-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Great post! I felt a little better when I went to airport to welcome them home! Love them win or lose! Cheat were damn lucky, Spurs are the better team! If we were 100% healthy, I guarantee we would be hoisting up our 5th Championship! No reason why we can't get back to the finals next year! Go Spurs Go!

jmanu20
06-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Excellent post Ed. What I liked the most is realizing that the Spurs came so close to a 5th ring without a 100% Tony Parker. That is an absolute testament to the quality of this Spurs team.

team-work
06-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Thanks for your excellent post. It helps steady my mind after all the emotional roller-coaster.

This brings me to the question as to what is more important, the process or the end result? Unfortunately I'm afraid it's the latter. Many years later people (probably including us) will only remember how close we came near the championship and lost it, but forget all the hard work done to get there. Thanks for reminding me of the precious details of this season.

ace3g
06-23-2013, 12:11 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/nba/teamsites-nbateams/release/spurs/sites/spurs/files/content/images-gallery/2013/06/spurs_thankyou_splash_final.jpg?1371829643

http://www.nba.com/spurs/splash/2013thankyou

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-23-2013, 04:47 PM
What is YES? #28

Eloquent, as always, EHJ.

Great to hear. I wasn't sure or not if we did

hsxvvd
06-23-2013, 06:48 PM
Thankyou for making the off-season shorter.

sjacquemotte
06-23-2013, 06:52 PM

Spurs Peak After Miami.

Believe.

:toast
well said

Brazil
06-24-2013, 08:17 AM
:tu

Thanks Ed

NBAFan2323
06-24-2013, 12:56 PM
We gave it a good run but in the end came up short. There is always next year, but I think its time to start rebuilding. I dont think we should re-sign Manu, I think we should go out and get someone else.

Sean Cagney
06-24-2013, 03:38 PM
We gave it a good run but in the end came up short. There is always next year, but I think its time to start rebuilding. I dont think we should re-sign Manu, I think we should go out and get someone else.

Manu will be back IMO, but for alot cheaper and a lesser role.

LakerHater
06-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Manu said somewhere on Twitter than he was comming back

sdsucwsl
06-25-2013, 12:39 AM
As an outsider and a newbie Spurs fan, I would like to add this:

Living in LA, it's kind of an unwritten law that you MUST be a Lakers fan. For most of my life, basketball started and ended with the Lakers due to all the success the team has had over the last 30 years. The issue of being such hometown fan is that one will over look other teams in the league that are in their own way great as well. I have never followed the Spurs before Kawhi Leonard, but I got to the point where I didn't watch much NBA basketball and preferred the college game because of the lack of team play and selfishness of the superstars in the league.

Then I found the Spurs and the team has been a true breath of fresh air for pro-basketball. Any true basketball fan has to appreciate the team play that occurs with the Spurs, the development of its players, and the fact that this is a team that's more concerned about winning than flash. You have to love a team that can bring in players widely considered as "busts" and make them into key components to a championship team. That's unheard of in the NBA and for you fortunate Spurs fans, this system is a part of your team. The Spurs raise superstars, they don't buy superstars. How can you not like a team with this system.

With this said, as this year's playoffs progressed and the realization that this may be the last big run of SA's big 3, people began to finally take notice of the team. Add that to the fact that most people did not want to see Miami and their fabricated all-star team win the Championship and I think the Spurs gained a whole lot of fans and respect during the Finals.

Yes, the Spurs did not win the Finals, but I think the team won in a huge way in many other ways. People now get that this team is ran by hugely successful mad basketball scientists, people get that this is the only team left in the NBA that plays team ball, people get to see players that were considered busts become stars in their own way.

Thank you Spurs for playing basketball the way its supposed to be played and thank you for putting together a great season for millions to enjoy this year and the many years to come.

silverblackfan
06-26-2013, 09:09 AM
Eloquent post and reflects the feelings of this fan. Thanks for posting.

Thank you SA Spurs for all the hard work and professionalism you bring to the sport. This team is one of the few reasons that I still watch NBA.

Old School 44
06-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Thank you SPURS and thanks EJ for a great piece. As an old schooler, I've lived through it all with our Spurs. Sure I was disappointed with the outcome of Finals, but I know this is a tremendous team that carries themselves so well in both victory and defeat. Win or lose, I will continue to be a proud, life-long Spurs fan.

Ocotillo
06-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Chopper, thanks for posting this. I had wanted to take some time out and post something like this but you have done a better job than I could have and I just will say, I agree totally.

poeticism707
06-28-2013, 09:03 PM
What you are really thanking the Spurs for is this:
-Parker proving yet again when the moment is largest, he will come up smallest (injury is no excuse, Wade looked like trash often due to age and injury in this series but when his team ABSOLUTELY needed him, he delivered, which is why they are champs.
-Pop not being able to add 2 plus 2 in the basketball terms, and taking TD out of game 6, last seconds, your best big man and defensive player, top 5 all time, hands down your smartest player, when all you need is a defensive rebound and you a re are champs. Then, Pop took game 7 off entirely, not making even the simplest adjustments, like Stern kidnapped his wife or something.
- Manu literally passing to the Heat team like his life depended on it.
And this series again proved, even at 37, if TD doesn't carry the Spurs offensively and defensively, then the Spurs are sunk
If you are thankful for this horrid display of choking and underperformance, then you will no doubt you will 'love' them even more in a few years when they'll be first round fodder for a decade. The only reason they sniffed any titles at all is because of one man alone: TD. Certainly not the resident wino they call a coach, or any other scrub TD has played with.

dallasmaverickslose
06-28-2013, 11:23 PM
I. Love. This. Team.

therealtruth
06-29-2013, 12:36 AM
What you are really thanking the Spurs for is this:
-Parker proving yet again when the moment is largest, he will come up smallest (injury is no excuse, Wade looked like trash often due to age and injury in this series but when his team ABSOLUTELY needed him, he delivered, which is why they are champs.
-Pop not being able to add 2 plus 2 in the basketball terms, and taking TD out of game 6, last seconds, your best big man and defensive player, top 5 all time, hands down your smartest player, when all you need is a defensive rebound and you a re are champs. Then, Pop took game 7 off entirely, not making even the simplest adjustments, like Stern kidnapped his wife or something.
- Manu literally passing to the Heat team like his life depended on it.
And this series again proved, even at 37, if TD doesn't carry the Spurs offensively and defensively, then the Spurs are sunk
If you are thankful for this horrid display of choking and underperformance, then you will no doubt you will 'love' them even more in a few years when they'll be first round fodder for a decade. The only reason they sniffed any titles at all is because of one man alone: TD. Certainly not the resident wino they call a coach, or any other scrub TD has played with.

Pop is too good to need to make adjustments like other coaches.

caribbean_spur
06-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Great post! Thanks Ed and Thank you Spurs.

dallasmaverickslose
06-30-2013, 02:18 PM
Great post! I felt a little better when I went to airport to welcome them home! Love them win or lose! Cheat were damn lucky, Spurs are the better team! If we were 100% healthy, I guarantee we would be hoisting up our 5th Championship! No reason why we can't get back to the finals next year! Go Spurs Go!

Its fans like you that this team truly needs and appreciates. Not jackasses like TheGreatYach and SA210 (just to name a few).

szkorhetz
06-30-2013, 07:21 PM
Just re-watched game 6 and 7. Holy shit, we have won that around 3 times and still lost both.
I am still crying.

dorrrr
06-30-2013, 11:01 PM
just did the hardest and most painful thing for a spur to do. watched the last minutes of game 6. feels like ive just been to hell :bang:depressed

dav4463
07-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Spurs win with class and lose with dignity. This team still has a good chance to make another run at a title.

Sean Cagney
07-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Just re-watched game 6 and 7. Holy shit, we have won that around 3 times and still lost both.
I am still crying.

Stop watching it....... You are right though we won it and lost it a few times in game 6.
just did the hardest and most painful thing for a spur to do. watched the last minutes of game 6. feels like ive just been to hell :bang:depressed
Why do you guys do this to yourself.

Mouth is Bleeding
07-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Thank you Spurs

easjer
07-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Aw, Chopper, this was beautiful. I said to a few people in the days following the loss - I have never been more proud to be a Spurs fan. I've definitely been more happy to be a Spurs fan, but never more proud than this year, with the way they played to the end.

xmas1997
07-07-2013, 09:24 AM
Its fans like you that this team truly needs and appreciates. Not jackasses like TheGreatYach and SA210 (just to name a few).

I have to agree. Wish they would ban thegreatyatch, can't stand his posts, they are so negative and anti-Spurs! I have never used the "ignore" function before, but his posts may require me to for the first time.:nope

exstatic
07-07-2013, 11:44 AM
I have to agree. Wish they would ban thegreatyatch, can't stand his posts, they are so negative and anti-Spurs! I have never used the "ignore" function before, but his posts may require me to for the first time.:nope

Not paying much attention, are you? :lol

Spur|n|Austin
07-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Missed this post weeks ago - thanks for that post Ed :tu

I have to agree. Wish they would ban thegreatyatch, can't stand his posts, they are so negative and anti-Spurs! I have never used the "ignore" function before, but his posts may require me to for the first time.

http://nowthathesgone.com/wp-content/uploads/headway/header-uploads/NowThatHesGoneCover22311.jpg

mudyez
07-08-2013, 02:20 PM
I wouldn't trade the last 20 years of beeing a Spurs fan for anything!

And I won't trade the next 50 years too!

Thank you!

kemak
07-09-2013, 05:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RNBOv.gif

Knoxxx
07-09-2013, 09:29 PM
My dvr cut off at 97-95 Spurs leading game 6 in ot. Message me if you want that version burned to dvd!

lefty
07-10-2013, 07:00 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/didnt-read-lol-chicken-gif.gif
:lmao

lurker23
07-12-2013, 02:34 AM
Thank you Chopper. I finally got around to reading this, after mostly getting over the Finals, and trying to get over myself. Very well said, and I'm sure we're all looking forward to next year. :tu :toast

kobyz
07-12-2013, 12:41 PM

Agloco
07-13-2013, 01:16 PM

I understand the positive vibes, but one cannot forget that the other team wasn't completely healthy either. Most notably Wade. It's likely a much different series if both teams are completely healthy.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Is this thread stickied or something?

Agloco
07-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Is this thread stickied or something?

Yeah

xmas1997
07-16-2013, 09:45 AM

This is the extent of what you have to say?

TheRemix
07-17-2013, 02:29 PM
inspiring words tbh

lefty
07-18-2013, 08:45 PM
http://nba.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p16191168dt.jpg

marzbarz
07-19-2013, 12:30 PM

This changes nothing. Still Spurs proud:flag:

DwayneSchintzius
07-19-2013, 07:12 PM

Manu should be on the cover of that.

xmas1997
07-19-2013, 07:51 PM

IMHO it is way too soon to put an epitaph to Manu, just a realistic evaluation, and I am neither a Manu lover or hater, rather an objective observer.

xmas1997
07-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Ok, my 1000th post and I'll use it in the most positive and appreciative way by saying "thank you, San Antonio Spurs" for all the championships, the near championships, and even the dismal years. Thanks for all those rowdy roucous crazy noisy Hemisfair arena Ice and Capt. Late days as they raised its' roof day by day. And the amazing drafts to get DRob, Sean, Timmy, Tony, and Manu. I was there when the Dallas Chapparals became the San Antonio Chapparals and then the Spurs, from Angelo Drossos to Red to the present day, and suffered through some terrible coaches too to the present day.

Go Spurs Go, Forever, the greatest team in all of sports!

edit:Say, what gives, how many 1000th posts am I supposed to have? Looks like I have about 6 or 7 that all say 1000.:lmao

DwayneSchintzius
07-19-2013, 08:50 PM
IMHO it is way too soon to put an epitaph to Manu, just a realistic evaluation, and I am neither a Manu lover or hater, rather an objective observer.

no its not, we should of not resigned him.

xmas1997
07-19-2013, 09:01 PM
no its not, we should of not resigned him.

Oh, come on, not again, not another one, get real, all of this has been explained over and over again ad nauseum!

dallasmaverickslose
07-21-2013, 02:35 AM

How original.

Do you Manu haters ever come up with anything new?

DwayneSchintzius
07-21-2013, 01:18 PM
How original.

Do you Manu haters ever come up with anything new?

manu sucks

xmas1997
07-21-2013, 01:40 PM
manu sucks

Even more profound!

kobyz
07-23-2013, 01:27 PM
thank you Spurs for wonderful season with almost, just almost the marvelest ending to the era and almost the most amazing achievement in history, couldn't be proud more, this team is all what sport should be about...
thank you Pop, thank you Manu, thanks Pop for the unmatched and unrecover grief we have been left with....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFkSMHle8-M

look_at_g_shred
07-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Thank you Spurs. My love for you is so crazy. It was an amazing season even if it didn't end our way. I was there through all 82 games and every series in the playoffs was a joy to watch. I will never take for granted how good you've been to us all. Can't wait for next season!

TheGreatYacht
07-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Thank you Spurs for everything you've done. I have nothing but blind faith and loyalty for the organization. I trust that you'll do everything possible to assemble a championship contender team every year. I am proud of the 4 championships that this franchise has earned therefore I am nobody to ever question your decisions.

Pop is the best coach in the NBA. The man is the most humble coach in the NBA and can never go wrong with decisions. Coach Pop is a genius and is always open to different ideas and is one of the best at making adjustments during the playoffs. Pop imposes his will against other NBA coaches. He never outcoaches himself nor does he ever get outcoached. Four NBA titles are a testament to his greatness.

We have the best front office in the NBA. No other franchise does a better job at recruiting free agents. This organization would not have 4 championships without our wonderful general manager in RC Buford who is the epitome of professionalism on and off the court.

Tim Duncan should be grateful that he landed in such wonderful organization. Timmy would not be the greatest power forward of all time without coach Pop. Tim Duncan would not have 4 rings without Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. Tim Duncan is also very fortunate to play along two future Hall of Famers in Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. Without Parker and Manu, Tim would not have all the individual accomplishments he has.

The Spurs have been the best organization in the NBA for the past 15 years, better than the Lakers. Thank you Spurs and I am proud of being a Spurs homer.
:flag::lobt2:

anakha
07-24-2013, 12:47 AM
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Chillen
07-25-2013, 06:38 AM
Miami is good, very good and a much smarter basketball team than in 2011 when the Mavs beat their butts in the Finals. Despite all that the Spurs were mere seconds aways from beating them and winning an NBA title, yeah it sucks they blew it but I knew the Heat wouldn't just roll over and die. So the Spurs had an amazing season that didn't end well but like I said Miami is a very good basketball team and they almost did eliminate them, if it wasn't for a Ray f#$king Allen 3 from heaven. The positives are the Spurs will be hungry and ready to compete for an NBA title in 2014, they will learn from that Finals loss and hopefully they stay healthy and we have a Finals rematch again with the Heat possibly.

xmas1997
07-25-2013, 09:09 AM
Miami is good, very good and a much smarter basketball team than in 2011 when the Mavs beat their butts in the Finals. Despite all that the Spurs were mere seconds aways from beating them and winning an NBA title, yeah it sucks they blew it but I knew the Heat wouldn't just roll over and die. So the Spurs had an amazing season that didn't end well but like I said Miami is a very good basketball team and they almost did eliminate them, if it wasn't for a Ray f#$king Allen 3 from heaven. The positives are the Spurs will be hungry and ready to compete for an NBA title in 2014, they will learn from that Finals loss and hopefully they stay healthy and we have a Finals rematch again with the Heat possibly.

I agree, and hopefully they beat the Heat next time, it would be sweet, and also hopefully we or any other team besides the Heat get Oden. I think the Heat have to sign him if for no other reason than to keep him from the Spurs.

kemak
07-26-2013, 01:18 PM
manu sucks

Worst player in the NBA is still light years better than you.....guy.

elmanutres
07-26-2013, 07:43 PM
After we lost the finals i was sitting on my chair just baffled. Our first ever finals lost, our 4-0 record now tainted with a loss. I was trying to force myself to cry but i just couldn't, i don't know why. Maybe because I'm one of those guys that don't hate LeBron. I was watching timmy with a look of defeat congratulate LeBron, and it struck home because i knew when he was going to come back home, he would have to deal with not only a finals loss, but also a divorce. Although upset, i still watched the the heat celebrate in the locker room. I wasn't exactly angry, but I was looking at what could've been. I was imagining timmy and parker and kawhi and manu, all the guys celebrating in the locker room. But it was simply an imagination as my phone was buzzing from all the updates from bleacher report reporting the heat won. After the ABC programming ended, i was still shocked of what happened. It was surreal. I had a huge rush of adrenaline throught the game and it was still pumping. But as it waned, the more apparent it came to me we had lost. I was sitting on the edge of my bed, the background was quiet. My car keys resting on top of the table and my giant spurs flag leaning on the wall. I could've been celebrating in downtown in that very moment, Waving my giant spurs flag, running all over the place, almost getting my ass runned over like an idiot. I had planned with my friends to first celebrate on zarzamora street in the west side, then go downtown afterwards. But it was quiet. What was supposed to be the sounds of honking horns and yelling voices, were only imaginary as silence controlled my area. Well i might as well get tacos. I went to go get some taco cabana and eat tacos like some fat gay guy eating a bucket of ice cream on the couch in sadness. My drive was, well thoughts of what happened. I was actually talking to myself out loud. The streets were quiet but not as quiet as after game 6. After game 6, the streets were dead. I only saw 1 car pass by on fredericksburg. Only 1 car. They were a good number of cars on the streets. Less than usual, but i guess not as bad as after game 6. After the finals loss, i proceeded on one of the most saddest drives I ever had. One hand on the wheel and the other resting my head in disappointment. Had my car painted up "spurs 2013 champs" all over it, but instead it was simply imagination. To make matters worse, i saw a car with people sticking out of it, they had heat jerseys on and in red paint, their car had paint that read "heat 2013 champs" and "fuck the spurs". It definitely angered me, They were definitely bandwagoners, no doubt in my mind. Assholes adding salt to the wound. They were asking to get beat up but, I had to let it go. I was driving on I-10 and was passing utsa-downtown and downtown itself. My window was down and I heard what sounded like cheering. But we just lost, what the hell? I thought i was hearing things so i took an exit and headed to downtown. To my surprise, downtown was packed with beeping cars and cheering people. We just lost the finals in one of the worst ways imaginable and there were people still headed to downtown celebrating like we won. People waving their spurs flag chanting go spurs go and pedestrians celebrating on the corner slapping hands of drivers. There was still a party. The police were there directing traffic. I guess some thought they had the night off but looks like they had to do their job anyways. Downtown was celebrating not in winning, but as a way to say thank you for an unbelievable season. Nobody thought we would go to the finals. Like usual people wrote us off saying we were done, that we were too old, washed up. That the lakers or thunder were winning the west. They thought the lakers would upset us, they said the warriors would outrun us, they said the grizzlies would shut us down, that they would sweep us, they said, that we weren't going back to the finals. We proved all the doubters wrong. They said the heat would roll over us but we fought them, and gave them what they said "the hardest series ever". Danny green stepped up after he went missing last year and broke records, Gary Neal, a guy we absolutely hated when he touched the ball for playing hero ball, truly played like a hero for one series. Duncan, after everyone said this guy was done, proved everyone wrong and played like an MVP and gave a legendary performance to his already legendary status. Parker proved why he was the best point guard in the league after everyone not a spurs fan continue to write him off the best pg list. Kawhi, in his second year at the ripe age of 21, did what he could and put up a great numbers and gave LeBron the fits in his coming out party. And manu, while the blame is rested on him, he did what he could. When father time catches up to your ass, there isn't much you can do. We were supposed to be done, the thunder were supposed to be facing the heat, the lakers, grizzlies, clippers, warriors were supposed to be in the finals. But no, it was that old ass team that was supposed to be done after 2008, that was supposed to be done after 2009, 2010, oh we surely had to be done in 2011, 2012. But they were wrong. Watching those people celebrate, it changed me as a spurs fan. It made me realized how spoiled we have been from the greatness that tim duncan has given us. We weren't suppose to get him, boston was, but the balls bounced our way. So much so that after we got the number one pick, the balls bounced right again and we won again. Of course it didin't count. Thats how lucky we were, maybe it was destiny. We got a french guy at the 28th pick that many teams passed up and an Argentine that was passed up 57 times. I think that's destiny. We have 4 banners up at the AT&T center, no other small market team can say that. We are very lucky we are not like sacramento or new orleans or milwaukee. We had like 50+ wins for over 15 years, we have not sucked since George Gervin left and before Robinson arrived. We have no sucked since we were still in the cold war with russia and michael jackson was still partially black. The only time we ever sucked since then was in 96-97 and we got duncan. Teams would suck for years even decades and not land a franchise player. We got him in one bad year alone. Still don't think it was destiny? I think the finals loss was probably a good thing, because it definitely made me appreciate the spurs greatness. I never truly appreciated all this up until after the loss. We are hella lucky, to what we have and what we have done. And yeah, our team may not be perfect, manu may be done, tim may be old, pop may be thick headed sometimes, we missed opportunities to repeat and what not, but this team is the heart of this city. You cannot go a single block, or restraunt without seeing something involving the spurs. Appreciate what we have now because, we may never come back to this level of greatness. This may be our glory days and we may never match it up in the future. we had a pretty lame offseason so far, but just remember we had worse off seasons. We may have lost bad, but maybe next year we can win it all. Maybe i'm getting ahead of myself, probably. But I still think the spurs ain't done yet. But whatever happens, in the near future, I will always be a spurs fan, no matter what. It's losses like that finals loss that seperate the bandwagoners from the true fans, and on that night, san antonio proved to me we will always love this team no matter what.

xmas1997
07-26-2013, 07:54 PM
After we lost the finals i was sitting on my chair just baffled. Our first ever finals lost, our 4-0 record now tainted with a loss. I was trying to force myself to cry but i just couldn't, i don't know why. Maybe because I'm one of those guys that don't hate LeBron. I was watching timmy with a look of defeat congratulate LeBron, and it struck home because i knew when he was going to come back home, he would have to deal with not only a finals loss, but also a divorce. Although upset, i still watched the the heat celebrate in the locker room. I wasn't exactly angry, but I was looking at what could've been. I was imagining timmy and parker and kawhi and manu, all the guys celebrating in the locker room. But it was simply an imagination as my phone was buzzing from all the updates from bleacher report reporting the heat won. After the ABC programming ended, i was still shocked of what happened. It was surreal. I had a huge rush of adrenaline throught the game and it was still pumping. But as it waned, the more apparent it came to me we had lost. I was sitting on the edge of my bed, the background was quiet. My car keys resting on top of the table and my giant spurs flag leaning on the wall. I could've been celebrating in downtown in that very moment, Waving my giant spurs flag, running all over the place, almost getting my ass runned over like an idiot. I had planned with my friends to first celebrate on zarzamora street in the west side, then go downtown afterwards. But it was quiet. What was supposed to be the sounds of honking horns and yelling voices, were only imaginary as silence controlled my area. Well i might as well get tacos. I went to go get some taco cabana and eat tacos like some fat gay guy eating a bucket of ice cream on the couch in sadness. My drive was, well thoughts of what happened. I was actually talking to myself out loud. The streets were quiet but not as quiet as after game 6. After game 6, the streets were dead. I only saw 1 car pass by on fredericksburg. Only 1 car. They were a good number of cars on the streets. Less than usual, but i guess not as bad as after game 6. After the finals loss, i proceeded on one of the most saddest drives I ever had. One hand on the wheel and the other resting my head in disappointment. Had my car painted up "spurs 2013 champs" all over it, but instead it was simply imagination. To make matters worse, i saw a car with people sticking out of it, they had heat jerseys on and in red paint, their car had paint that read "heat 2013 champs" and "fuck the spurs". It definitely angered me, They were definitely bandwagoners, no doubt in my mind. Assholes adding salt to the wound. They were asking to get beat up but, I had to let it go. I was driving on I-10 and was passing utsa-downtown and downtown itself. My window was down and I heard what sounded like cheering. But we just lost, what the hell? I thought i was hearing things so i took an exit and headed to downtown. To my surprise, downtown was packed with beeping cars and cheering people. We just lost the finals in one of the worst ways imaginable and there were people still headed to downtown celebrating like we won. People waving their spurs flag chanting go spurs go and pedestrians celebrating on the corner slapping hands of drivers. There was still a party. The police were there directing traffic. I guess some thought they had the night off but looks like they had to do their job anyways. Downtown was celebrating not in winning, but as a way to say thank you for an unbelievable season. Nobody thought we would go to the finals. Like usual people wrote us off saying we were done, that we were too old, washed up. That the lakers or thunder were winning the west. They thought the lakers would upset us, they said the warriors would outrun us, they said the grizzlies would shut us down, that they would sweep us, they said, that we weren't going back to the finals. We proved all the doubters wrong. They said the heat would roll over us but we fought them, and gave them what they said "the hardest series ever". Danny green stepped up after he went missing last year and broke records, Gary Neal, a guy we absolutely hated when he touched the ball for playing hero ball, truly played like a hero for one series. Duncan, after everyone said this guy was done, proved everyone wrong and played like an MVP and gave a legendary performance to his already legendary status. Parker proved why he was the best point guard in the league after everyone not a spurs fan continue to write him off the best pg list. Kawhi, in his second year at the ripe age of 21, did what he could and put up a great numbers and gave LeBron the fits in his coming out party. And manu, while the blame is rested on him, he did what he could. When father time catches up to your ass, there isn't much you can do. We were supposed to be done, the thunder were supposed to be facing the heat, the lakers, grizzlies, clippers, warriors were supposed to be in the finals. But no, it was that old ass team that was supposed to be done after 2008, that was supposed to be done after 2009, 2010, oh we surely had to be done in 2011, 2012. But they were wrong. Watching those people celebrate, it changed me as a spurs fan. It made me realized how spoiled we have been from the greatness that tim duncan has given us. We weren't suppose to get him, boston was, but the balls bounced our way. So much so that after we got the number one pick, the balls bounced right again and we won again. Of course it didin't count. Thats how lucky we were, maybe it was destiny. We got a french guy at the 28th pick that many teams passed up and an Argentine that was passed up 57 times. I think that's destiny. We have 4 banners up at the AT&T center, no other small market team can say that. We are very lucky we are not like sacramento or new orleans or milwaukee. We had like 50+ wins for over 15 years, we have not sucked since George Gervin left and before Robinson arrived. We have no sucked since we were still in the cold war with russia and michael jackson was still partially black. The only time we ever sucked since then was in 96-97 and we got duncan. Teams would suck for years even decades and not land a franchise player. We got him in one bad year alone. Still don't think it was destiny? I think the finals loss was probably a good thing, because it definitely made me appreciate the spurs greatness. I never truly appreciated all this up until after the loss. We are hella lucky, to what we have and what we have done. And yeah, our team may not be perfect, manu may be done, tim may be old, pop may be thick headed sometimes, we missed opportunities to repeat and what not, but this team is the heart of this city. You cannot go a single block, or restraunt without seeing something involving the spurs. Appreciate what we have now because, we may never come back to this level of greatness. This may be our glory days and we may never match it up in the future. we had a pretty lame offseason so far, but just remember we had worse off seasons. We may have lost bad, but maybe next year we can win it all. Maybe i'm getting ahead of myself, probably. But I still think the spurs ain't done yet. But whatever happens, in the near future, I will always be a spurs fan, no matter what. It's losses like that finals loss that seperate the bandwagoners from the true fans, and on that night, san antonio proved to me we will always love this team no matter what.

Thank you!
Best post I've ever read!
Thank you again!

xmas1997
07-26-2013, 07:55 PM

Thank you!
Best post I've ever read!
Thank you again!

RD2191
07-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Man, Fuck this thread.

dallasmaverickslose
07-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Man, Fuck this thread.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5030/5747792479_454666d7b1_z.jpg

dallasmaverickslose
07-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Thank you Spurs for everything you've done. I have nothing but blind faith and loyalty for the organization. I trust that you'll do everything possible to assemble a championship contender team every year. I am proud of the 4 championships that this franchise has earned therefore I am nobody to ever question your decisions.

Pop is the best coach in the NBA. The man is the most humble coach in the NBA and can never go wrong with decisions. Coach Pop is a genius and is always open to different ideas and is one of the best at making adjustments during the playoffs. Pop imposes his will against other NBA coaches. He never outcoaches himself nor does he ever get outcoached. Four NBA titles are a testament to his greatness.

We have the best front office in the NBA. No other franchise does a better job at recruiting free agents. This organization would not have 4 championships without our wonderful general manager in RC Buford who is the epitome of professionalism on and off the court.

Tim Duncan should be grateful that he landed in such wonderful organization. Timmy would not be the greatest power forward of all time without coach Pop. Tim Duncan would not have 4 rings without Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. Tim Duncan is also very fortunate to play along two future Hall of Famers in Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. Without Parker and Manu, Tim would not have all the individual accomplishments he has.

The Spurs have been the best organization in the NBA for the past 15 years, better than the Lakers. Thank you Spurs and I am proud of being a Spurs homer.
:flag::lobt2:

I am so sorry that I don't hate Pop and Manu. Will you ever forgive me for this unspeakable sin?

TheGreatYacht
07-28-2013, 03:29 PM
I am so sorry that I don't hate Pop and Manu. Will you ever forgive me for this unspeakable sin?I came up with these words just to illustrate how rational and knowledgeable people like you can be.

dallasmaverickslose
07-28-2013, 04:54 PM
I came up with these words just to illustrate how rational and knowledgeable people like you can be.

OK

polandprzem
07-30-2013, 02:25 AM
Thank you Spurs for the season

Another blown opportunity but that how it goes with you guys

bklynspursfan
07-31-2013, 07:20 PM
Here in NY they're showing the Spurs game from when they played in NY. Even playing their 4th game in 5 nights, they just make the game look so easy. There's no reason to doubt this team won't have another really good year. They are going to be very tough to beat in a 7 game series if healthy just as they were this past post season. Their defense will be improved, their bench should be improved, and Kawhi Leonard has another year under his belt. Really looking forward to watching this team play again.

J_Paco
08-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Thank you, San Antonio Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks Ed for the quality post when I was feeling blue in June. On to next season!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go, Spurs, Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Spurs for the season

Another blown opportunity but that how it goes with you guys

:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

Yeah, 'cause their per-ordained to win and the other team had nothing to do with it. Get over it, crybabies. They've lost to the two very best players in the NBA (on the two other best teams in the league) and only had team-ball to compete with. Not an in his prime Über-stud like LeBron or Durant (and friends) but guys who were battling in the NBA (and afar) when those guys were in high school.

08-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Great posts by many.

It was a great postseason run when it looked bleak after the way the regular season ended. They took the supposedly unbeatable Heat to the limit only to have a few bizarre sequences squelch what would've been the sweetest title in team history.

I'm damn proud of the way these Spurs always quiet the critics when they're written off season after season for the past 5 years.

look_at_g_shred
08-14-2013, 03:56 PM
I need my Spurs basketball already!!! Fucking feening!!!!!

MultiTroll
08-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Golly gosh, ggggreat season by the Spurs and grrrreat OP by Ed. Thanks.

I hope the Spurs are still doing the same thing in the year 2043!

xmas1997
09-09-2013, 11:02 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say what Coach Pop always says, winning isn't everything!
And I think this may turn out to be a really good thing for this team in the long run if for no other reason than other fans cannot say we Spur fans are spoiled anymore. We've gone to the finals five times now and won the first four. Now we know the taste of defeat, it is a bitter taste, but as much as I hate to say it, it builds character.
I love this team and will be there come win or lose!

MultiTroll
10-09-2013, 04:10 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say what Coach Pop always says, winning isn't everything!
And I think this may turn out to be a really good thing for this team in the long run if for no other reason than other fans cannot say we Spur fans are spoiled anymore. We've gone to the finals five times now and won the first four. Now we know the taste of defeat, it is a bitter taste, but as much as I hate to say it, it builds character.
I love this team and will be there come win or lose!
Right on! That was a good character building defeat.

J_Paco
06-16-2014, 03:53 AM
Bump, mother****ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!