PDA

View Full Version : OT: Did I miss something? ESPN saying Lebron had a historic run in the playoffs this year

Thebesteva
06-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Their front page right now is ranking his performance as one of the greatest of all time. Historic? Seriously? Against the easiest competition in NBA history he looked pedestrian in many parts of the Indiana and San Antonio series. Look the kid is great, he will go on to do somethings and maybe even surpass Magic or Kobe. But they are trying way too hard to sell this kid off as the greatest of all time and having premature ejaculation.

I am sure some faygo drinker like Clipper Nation will post some stats here now to compare how this was a historic run, but I think it was just another great year by a great player. Nothing historic tbh.

Dude got bailed out from having one of the most historic choke jobs in NBA history if it wasn't for Ray Ray.

Amazing game 7 performance tho, definitely shitted on Kobe's game 7 in 2010. I call it like I see it.

whitemamba
06-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Someones cup is fulllll tonight :lol

dg7md
06-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Bron gets mad stats but still has trouble closing out games, he relies on weaker links far too often. Bron would be way scarier if he had a killer instinct mentality.

Bron did have a great series at the end, but really, he was mostly contained throughout all games if you average it up. His efficiency didn't necessarily translate to wins.

MeloHype
06-21-2013, 02:00 PM
2012 LeBron >>> 2013 LeBron tbh

Thebesteva
06-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Bron gets mad stats but still has trouble closing out games, he relies on weaker links far too often. Bron would be way scarier if he had a killer instinct mentality.

Bron did have a great series at the end, but really, he was mostly contained throughout all games if you average it up. His efficiency didn't necessarily translate to wins.

I just don't get it...the competition was a joke this year. He still managed to choke nearly 2 times this year. They were supposed to have a 'historic and dominating run' in the playoffs. I thought they'd go 16-0 in the post season. Honestly, its laughable at this point how biased ESPN is for this kid.

What people DONT take into consideration is how much better they are than the competition and still cannot dominate in the playoffs.

Monster1776
06-21-2013, 02:14 PM
I was going to stay off this site, but game 6 has me reeling. How the fuck do the Spurs give up that game? Most vivid memory of that was LeBron taking a 3 with less than a minute left to tie the game and he shoots the ball clear off of the right side of the basket; worst shot I've ever seen. The fucking nutty thing is he gets the ball back off of an offensive rebound and is WIDE open again and sinks it and everyone acts like he's clutch. He had a wide fucking open second chance, which is really a good fucking metaphor for game 7. I just don't understand it, pissed that the Heat played like this this year when we lost Westbrook, hopefully next year will be less disappointing.

Thebesteva
06-21-2013, 02:18 PM
I was going to stay off this site, but game 6 has me reeling. How the fuck do the Spurs give up that game? Most vivid memory of that was LeBron taking a 3 with less than a minute left to tie the game and he shoots the ball clear off of the right side of the basket; worst shot I've ever seen. The fucking nutty thing is he gets the ball back off of an offensive rebound and is WIDE open again and sinks it and everyone acts like he's clutch. He had a wide fucking open second chance, which is really a good fucking metaphor for game 7. I just don't understand it, pissed that the Heat played like this this year when we lost Westbrook, hopefully next year will be less disappointing.

It's called choking and having Ray Allen. Ray Allen or a prime Rashard Lewis always made me nervous because they can make 3 pointers in less than 3 seconds. I thought Pop was going to go with the obvious double team on Ray and try to force Miller or Lebron to beat you. I was stunned when he took out Duncan.

I think the reaction of the entire room was,"Where the fuck is Duncan?!"

Monster1776
06-21-2013, 02:23 PM
It's called choking and having Ray Allen. Ray Allen or a prime Rashard Lewis always made me nervous because they can make 3 pointers in less than 3 seconds. I thought Pop was going to go with the obvious double team on Ray and try to force Miller or Lebron to beat you. I was stunned when he took out Duncan.

I think the reaction of the entire room was,"Where the fuck is Duncan?!"

That made no fucking sense to me, how do you take your GOAT PF out and go with a small rotation when you're WINNING. Made me sick when I saw Manu try to out-rebound Bosh, Pop was a jackass since the day he traded off Jax, fucking idiot on an ego trip and it didn't help things with Manu being the shitty Euro player he plays like from time to time.

HI-FI
06-21-2013, 02:29 PM

when we got outcoached by Scotty fucking Brooks last year, that's when doubt really started to creep in for me. Pop got exposed this series in perhaps the worst way possible, though he'll probably just drunkenly laugh it off.

AchillesHeel
06-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Windhorst: He's one of the greatest and most clutch players the game has ever seen. He's now competing against ghosts, not contemporaries, and that is honorable.

I lol'd at that, Lebron just barely became a top 10 all-time player with this series, he's lost 2 out of 4 Finals, he lost with a stacked roster and single-handedly cost his team the chip that year. I don't think Lebron is clutch. I think the Spurs paid the price for giving him WIDE OPEN jump shots.

Here's clutch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5WUOnTxwPw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRCTp57LQro

Here's a wide open jump shot, no contest, all he had to do was pull up, since the Spurs basically dared him to shoot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9C7FUAP9HA

Monster1776
06-21-2013, 02:40 PM
when we got outcoached by Scotty fucking Brooks last year, that's when doubt really started to creep in for me. Pop got exposed this series in perhaps the worst way possible, though he'll probably just drunkenly laugh it off.

Ehh, this year losing Westbrook it was clear Brooks had no fucking idea what he was doing, but I still have faith he's a good coach, just younger like the rest of the team. Don't have an excuse for Pop though, the player rotations made no fucking sense in this series much less him taking out Manu after the 15th fucking turnover was puzzling. I can't fucking stand Jax either and I'm still shocked they got rid of him going into the playoffs, at least we had the excuse of getting rid of Harden due to payroll issues, getting rid of your best defensive player because of ego is down right fucking stupid.

Monster1776
06-21-2013, 02:43 PM
That last shot by LeBron was Parker's fuck up, he either should of committed to guarding LeBron on the screen since he was the clear main scoring option or let Leonard get through, I've said it all year and no one listened, Parker is just not the player everyone thinks he is.

ElNono
06-21-2013, 02:44 PM
It really is the ball not bouncing your way, tbh... Spursfan with memory should remember that Horry 3 in 2003 against us for the win that rattled out. That time, we were the ones on the lucky side of the coin... it all gets magnified because it was the Finals...

Monster1776
06-21-2013, 02:48 PM
It really is the ball not bouncing your way, tbh... Spursfan with memory should remember that Horry 3 in 2003 against us for the win that rattled out. That time, we were the ones on the lucky side of the coin... it all gets magnified because it was the Finals...

Luck had nothing to do with those games, it was complete and total fucking breakdown by Pop and both Manu and Parker. Luck had nothing to do with Parker pulling up bullshit shots he should know after playing so fucking long he shouldn't take, never mind his bullshit defense. And luck had nothing to do with Ginobli being a jackass turning over the ball 7 fucking times as a fucking bench player. There was no luck involved in game 6 or 7, the Heat sucked this series, the Spurs just sucked worse with their unbridled stupidity.

HI-FI
06-21-2013, 02:48 PM
That last shot by LeBron was Parker's fuck up, he either should of committed to guarding LeBron on the screen since he was the clear main scoring option or let Leonard get through, I've said it all year and no one listened, Parker is just not the player everyone thinks he is.

that's mainly upstairs where lots of people suck off Parker. he's a very good PG, borderline elite, but his heroball and selfishness always happen. It's inevitable. I've been tired of it since....2002, but not much is going to change, Pop seems too drunk to stop it.

Clipper Nation
06-21-2013, 02:50 PM
I don't think Lebron is clutch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqpF1COUzoU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG20Q5c_ZnU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fD1MNjkPFs

Clipper Nation
06-21-2013, 02:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc9G_RLY2Bo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-VzBeOrdAg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30b8RM4XqNI

Clipper Nation
06-21-2013, 02:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p3xWG3mkXE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVV2HYSqfN0

Monster1776
06-21-2013, 02:56 PM
that's mainly upstairs where lots of people suck off Parker. he's a very good PG, borderline elite, but his heroball and selfishness always happen. It's inevitable. I've been tired of it since....2002, but not much is going to change, Pop seems too drunk to stop it.

Oh I wouldn't dare say he wasn't an elite point guard, but he just makes really fucking stupid decisions in crucial moments, it's like watching Westbrook. But what fucking perplexes me is that he's fucking 35 years old and playing with a very solid fundamental group of players and HE'S FUCKING FRENCH, WHERE DOES HE GET THIS HEROBALL BULLSHIT MENTALITY FROM? At least with Westbrook I can say it's because he's young and hope he grows out of it.

ElNono
06-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Luck had nothing to do with those games, it was complete and total fucking breakdown by Pop and both Manu and Parker. Luck had nothing to do with Parker pulling up bullshit shots he should know after playing so fucking long he shouldn't take, never mind his bullshit defense. And luck had nothing to do with Ginobli being a jackass turning over the ball 7 fucking times as a fucking bench player. There was no luck involved in game 6 or 7, the Heat sucked this series, the Spurs just sucked worse with their unbridled stupidity.

Disagree as far as Game 6 is concerned. Hindsight is 20/20.

Three Spurs players don't collide when they had a rebound in their hands, and this thread doesn't exist.
The ball bounces off the rim in a different way, and Bosh can't catch it and this thread doesn't exist.
etc, etc, etc...

Overall, I have no problem stating the Heat were the better team. We were the underdogs all series, and the only reason we had a shot is because our guys played their hearts out. As a fan, that's all I can ask from my team, tbh

ElNono
06-21-2013, 02:59 PM
But what fucking perplexes me is that he's fucking 35 years old

Parker is 31...

AchillesHeel
06-21-2013, 02:59 PM
He's not one of the most clutch players of all-time. That was my point. He's not on Jordan level, I know you like sucking Bron's cock, but god damn.

Monster1776
06-21-2013, 03:07 PM
Parker is 31...

Doesn't matter, dude is still a veteran and shouldn't be making rookie ass mistakes.

Thebesteva
06-21-2013, 03:09 PM
He's not one of the most clutch players of all-time. That was my point. He's not on Jordan level, I know you like sucking Bron's cock, but god damn.

LOL don't let Clipper Nation get to u, he's a faygo fan. I will always call it like I see it, Lebron has matured in ways he needed to to get to 'that level' to compete with the Magics, Kobe's, Jordans etc.

Trust me, all those cookie commercials and Nike shit about Kobe V Lebron are still fresh on his mind and he's dying to get to 7-8 rings. I give credit where credit is due, but when I saw how banged up the entire NBA was outside of the Spurs I thought this year was going to be a joke. I was surprised to see his struggles and it almost cost him his ring again.

Unless Miami makes some dramatic moves and they very well may, I dont see them winning more than another 1 title next year. Wade and Bosh are shit tbh.

Monster1776
06-21-2013, 03:11 PM
LOL don't let Clipper Nation get to u, he's a faygo fan. I will always call it like I see it, Lebron has matured in ways he needed to to get to 'that level' to compete with the Magics, Kobe's, Jordans etc.

Trust me, all those cookie commercials and Nike shit about Kobe V Lebron are still fresh on his mind and he's dying to get to 7-8 rings. I give credit where credit is due, but when I saw how banged up the entire NBA was outside of the Spurs I thought this year was going to be a joke. I was surprised to see his struggles and it almost cost him his ring again.

Unless Miami makes some dramatic moves and they very well may, I dont see them winning more than another 1 title next year. Wade and Bosh are shit tbh.

Wade and Bosh are great players that aren't consistent is what it boils down to. After watching this series I'd be surprised if they won more than 1 as well even though I had them booked for another 3 or 4 to start with.

AchillesHeel
06-21-2013, 04:04 PM

Nah bro, he ain't never gettin to me. Just found it funny how hard he tried to prove me that Lebron was Jordan-level clutch.

I don't like Lebron but I respect his game and I respect what he did in Games 6 and 7, only a few all-time greats could duplicate that performance.

However, two title runs do not make up for all the series he's been favored in the past where he choked. Imagine Michael Jordan, in his prime at age 26, or Kobe at age 26 with the most stacked roster in the league choking against a bunch of vets that dare them to shoot jumpers? Lebron was like Kobe 2004 but even worse, he was horrible in all 6 4th quarters against the Mavs and had an 8 pt game in the Finals. If he played at least decently at around 20 ppg 47% FG the Heat would have won the title with Wade as the FMVP.

StrengthAndHonor
06-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Speaking of clutch. Man Ray Allen is just amazing in the finals.

Amaso
06-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Historic playoff run? notevenonce

He played like complete garbage in the first 3 games of the series. Was well on his way to replicating his 2011 finals performance.

Game 6 pulled a houdini act until the start of the 4th, played 8 great minutes. The last 3 minutes of the game he went 1 for 5(missed the game tying 3), with 3 turnovers and was about to be the laughing stock of the century if it weren't for Ray Allen.
Game 7 he finally decided to take and make some open jumpers. When was the last time a star player was given an 8 feet cushion? He should've been taking those 3s all series long.

Thebesteva
06-21-2013, 04:49 PM
Also, am I the only one that feels like the NBA is slowly turning into the Heavyweight division of boxing? In other words that the talent pool is dramatically decreasing and great coaches are dissapearing as well? WTF man? The NBA is so much fun when there are 2-3 elite teams, and 4-6 contenders. It's like every team is shit outside of Miami, Spurs and OKC this year and OKC of course got their ass served for Westbricks bad karma.

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 05:15 PM
It's crazy how Judas Shuttlesworth single handedly saved Lebron's "legacy." He misses that shot, or Manu/ Kawhi don't miss their FT's, or we just get a rebound, Lebron is suddenly 1-3 in the Finals with 2 huge TO's in the last minute of Game 6, and everyone's calling him a choker..... Equally as remarkable is how easily all the talking heads on TV's opinions change from game to game. People are way too easily influenced by the media. It's almost laughable. But that's just 21st century sports I suppose.

jimbo
06-21-2013, 05:24 PM
It's crazy how Judas Shuttlesworth single handedly saved Lebron's "legacy." He misses that shot, or Manu/ Kawhi don't miss their FT's, or we just get a rebound, Lebron is suddenly 1-3 in the Finals with 2 huge TO's in the last minute of Game 6, and everyone's calling him a choker..... Equally as remarkable is how easily all the talking heads on TV's opinions change from game to game. People are way too easily influenced by the media. It's almost laughable. But that's just 21st century sports I suppose.

Tbh Parker banking that 3 with Lebron in his face was probably a worse % shot than Ray Allen's (disregarding the rebounding %s)

Thread
06-21-2013, 05:26 PM

20 with the finest goods since I reactivated.

Matzel, matzel.

HarlemHeat37
06-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Lebron became one of 3 players in NBA history to lead a team to a title while leading them in Points, Rebounds, Assists and either Steals/Blocks(joining Hakeem and Duncan)..

I could cite advanced stats to show the level of dominance he displayed, but most people in this thread are Kobe fans that don't understand anything that doesn't involve raw PPG numbers or ring count, tbh:lol..

Only a complete idiot doesn't acknowledge that King's playoff run was historic..

Killakobe81
06-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Lebron became one of 3 players in NBA history to lead a team to a title while leading them in Points, Rebounds, Assists and either Steals/Blocks(joining Hakeem and Duncan)..

I could cite advanced stats to show the level of dominance he displayed, but most people in this thread are Kobe fans that don't understand anything that doesn't involve raw PPG numbers or ring count, tbh:lol..

Only a complete idiot doesn't acknowledge that King's playoff run was historic..

Last year's run was better but he was still a beast. I dont get why people are shocked that Lebron is being hyped or overrated (slightly) after a ring. Dirk, Kobe and KG were all a bit overrated after they rang. That is a not knock all these guys are great players. But that is what people do when you ring ...that is why it is so important to legacy debates. I dont think it should be the end all be all ...but Lebron has great stats, some great performances some clutch shots and ended it with a ring. Doesnt matter that he choked some shots or has a few shitty performances (by his standards). He rang. Period.

And Pierce went from being severly underrated to being way overrated after 2008 tbh ...

Thread
06-22-2013, 01:52 PM
^ Killa

Thebesteva
06-22-2013, 02:06 PM

Damn man...atleast have some pride and dont post for a few days. It's pretty embarrassing Paki boy.

Josepatches_
06-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Lol Lakers and Thunders fans...are you mad? LeBron is by far the best player or the world. Get over it.

He's better than Kobe ever was

Killakobe81
06-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Lol Lakers and Thunders fans...are you mad? LeBron is by far the best player or the world. Get over it.

He's better than Kobe ever was

Who is mad? He is a great player