PDA

View Full Version : Kerry and 'Friends of Syria' to meet in Doha

FuzzyLumpkins
06-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Kerry and 'Friends of Syria' to meet in Doha

Secretary of State John Kerry will begin a two-week trip through the Middle East tomorrow in Doha, Qatar, where he'll meet with 11 other foreign ministers to discuss policy regarding the Syrian civil war and the arming of rebels.

This will be Secretary Kerry’s first meeting of the “Friends of Syria” group since President Obama announced his decision to arm rebel forces in Syria, and will be used to address concerns raised by allies that the proposed military aid will not be enough, according to Bloomberg.

Though Mr. Obama has authorized the provision of small arms and ammunition, he has withheld heavier weaponry or the establishment of a no-fly zone, despite for calls for such from the Free Syrian Army (FSA), reports the Daily Star.

Calling for anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons, [FSA spokesman Louay Meqdad] said that “if they do not provide us with arms to protect civilian areas, a humanitarian disaster will occur because regime troops are committing massacres in the areas they are recapturing.”

MAS @ http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-Issues/2013/0621/Kerry-and-Friends-of-Syria-to-meet-in-Doha?nav=87-frontpage-entryNineItem

Now before the forum Nazi's piss themselves because there are other Syria thread, I refuse to bump the FWD:FWD:FWD shit. This is a new development now the US is very directly involved and that is what this is about.

Additionally I have read that the FSA is claiming they have anti-tank, anti-air and other heavy weapons. I don't want to post that until there is verification of the truth of that and/or where the arms are coming from.

Wild Cobra
06-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Since Obomba doesn't care about civilian collateral damage, may Kerry will meet a drone...

Rogue
06-21-2013, 11:36 PM
Donkeyface will turn out to be the worst SOS since Albright tbh, might be even worse than Hilary. Can't believe my goddess surpported that ass in 04, though I know she's quite a moron in politics

Wild Cobra
06-22-2013, 01:19 AM
For the most part, Hillary wasn't bad as SoS. I think she really fucked up when it came to Libya, but the Middle east is one region her husband hated so much, he exhausted our cruise missile supply when he was president.

angrydude
06-22-2013, 02:58 AM
Maybe they'll put him on a no fly list.

Wild Cobra
06-22-2013, 04:51 AM
Maybe they'll put him on a no fly list.
LOL...

That would be sweet...

But, he isn't flying commercial...