PDA

View Full Version : What was more painful? .4 Fisher, 06 Manu foul, 28 seconds, or Game 7?

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 03:53 PM
For me it would have to be the last minute of Game 7 of the 2013 NBA Finals. Watching that hook shot by Duncan roll off the rim and then seeing him tapping the floor made me feel so sad.

I remember in 2004 when I was jumping like crazy after Duncan's fade away shot over Shaq went in. Then after watching Derek Fisher's .4 seconds shot, I was left with an open mouth. I was speechless and shocked. I got so much gratification when the Pistons went on to win the championship.

For the infamous 2006 Manu foul, my initial reaction was joyful after Manu hit that huge thee point dagger. I wasn't completely going crazy because I learned my lesson from 2004. Then when Manu committed the foul on Dirk, the first thing I did was blame the refs. After watching countless replays, I then realized how stupid Manu was in committing that foul.

During Game 6, I was so happy to see Lebron living up to his legacy of being a playoff chokester when he turned the ball over three times and gave us a 5 point lead with 28 seconds to go. My brother got up to celebrate even after I warned him that "the game isn's over until it's over" because of the experiences I've gone through since 2004 as I mentioned earlier. After Lebron hit that lucky three point shot I was like "ok that was a lucky shot." Then after Manu missed a free throw I started to get nervous. I told my little brother to stfu, stop celebrating, and come watch the game. Then came the Ray Allen three point shot. I knew the game was over. These 28 seconds would haunt the Spurs organization for the rest of our lives if they didn't win Game 7.

I watched Game 7 thinking that there is now way I'll be hurt if the Spurs lose this game because my heart was already broken after Game 6. So I watched. I was actually surprised and excited the game was so close after the 3rd quarter considering how well Wade, Lebron, and Battier were shooting the ball. Manu was having his 2nd decent game of the playoffs and possibly the last game of his career. The Spurs were down by three points with one minute to go then Duncan throws up one of his signature hook shots and the ball rolls out the rim. He almost got the tip in but too hard. My eyes begun to get watery after watching how hurt Duncan looked after he missed that shot, the way he slammed the floor. Then watching Duncan in the postgame interview released a couple of tears.

So for me, short-term wise, the most painful thing to ever watch as a Spurs fan was the final minute of Game 7. I expected the Spurs to get blown out or run out of gas. The opposite happened. The Spurs went down like champions. Lebron playing like Jordan, Wade playing like 2006 Wade, and Shane Battier shooting 6 for 8 from the three point line was too much to overcome. Manu and Pop cost Tim Duncan his 5th ring by choking up in Game 6. I know in the long run or years from now, the most painful thing to ever go through as a Spurs fan will be Pop and Manu costing Timmy his 5th ring in Game 6 of the 2013 NBA Finals.

Ditty
06-21-2013, 03:53 PM
28 seconds

MeloHype
06-21-2013, 03:54 PM
28 seconds

LakerHater
06-21-2013, 03:54 PM
28 but when duncan missed that easy lay up that woulda tied...

Typical London Boy
06-21-2013, 04:14 PM
I don't know, I get the sense that we'd have lost Game 7 even if Duncan had made the lay up. We were always chasing the game and I'd have been shocked if we'd got a stop and knocked down a winner right at the end. Duncan's miss just sped up the inevitable, IMO.

KaiRMD1
06-21-2013, 04:19 PM
28 seconds beats out all of those because the yellow rope came out, champagne was ready, Stern was pissed and the security guards were standing in position. 28 seconds will go down as the most heart breaking of them all.

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Game 6 and it's not even close.

Lincoln
06-21-2013, 04:51 PM
:lmao crying over athletes who could give 2 shits about you and wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire

Just face it, your goat pf missed a fuckin point blank layup with no defense :lmao

Poolboy5623
06-21-2013, 04:52 PM
None of the above...game 6..and Its not even close. It will never be forgotten.

Poolboy5623
06-21-2013, 04:53 PM
:lmao crying over athletes who could give 2 shits about you and wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire

Just face it, your goat pf missed a fuckin point blank layup with no defense :lmao

Kind of odd to start off with a "you shouldn't care" statement, followed up by a rip on a player, no one is suppose to care about?

spursmvp
06-21-2013, 04:54 PM

Wait, what did dirk do in the post season this year? I forgot...

GrandeDavid
06-21-2013, 04:55 PM
I would say .4 because I was younger and more immature.

ElNono
06-21-2013, 04:55 PM
You get the feeling we're really going to know what pain REALLY means once TD decides to retire, tbh...

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 04:57 PM
You get the feeling we're really going to know what pain REALLY means once TD decides to retire, tbh...

Yep. Only then and the years following will we truly realize what we had tbh.

Poolboy5623
06-21-2013, 04:57 PM
28 seconds beats out all of those because the yellow rope came out, champagne was ready, Stern was pissed and the security guards were standing in position. 28 seconds will go down as the most heart breaking of them all.

I'm wondering if it wasn't the nbas intention to throw the spurs off with the whole, "trophy being brought out" stint? It was a 5 pt game, 30 secs left and the heat had the ball!!! Game was nowhere near over...especially considering Miami was leading and controlling the game for most of the 4th, and it took a couple shots out of nowhere from parker to give the spurs the lead...just weird..

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 05:01 PM

Just face it, your goat pf missed a fuckin point blank layup with no defense :lmaoTim Duncan = Greatest PF of all time, 4 championships, Top 10 all-time.

Dirk Nowitizki = Not the GOAT PF, Top 100 all-time, 1 championship.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA

AntiChrist
06-21-2013, 05:03 PM
What happened the year following .4?

What happened the year following Dirk's and-one?

What will happen the year after 28 sec.?

elmanutres
06-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Timmy needs a pinky ring before he retires ASAP

tesseractive
06-21-2013, 05:17 PM
What happened the year following .4?

What happened the year following Dirk's and-one?

What will happend the year after 28 sec.?
:toast

Tim Duncan has vowed revenge upon all your LeBrons. It shall be so.

Lincoln
06-21-2013, 05:24 PM

At the end of the day you're at the bottom with us

Lincoln
06-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Tim Duncan = Greatest PF of all time, 4 championships, Top 10 all-time.

Dirk Nowitizki = Not the GOAT PF, Top 100 all-time, 1 championship.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA

And yet he couldn't make a fuckin wide open layup :lmao

Nigga dirk made a game winning layup in game 2 of the finals with a torn tendon in that hand

tesseractive
06-21-2013, 05:36 PM
The Lakers had won titles by '04, and the Heat had won last year. At the time of '06, I thought the Mavs were not a legit title team, and therefore someone we should have been able to beat. (As it turned out, apparently the refs didn't think they should be a title team either :depressed).

DDS4
06-21-2013, 05:37 PM
You take the good with the bad. There are dozens of fanbases that would kill for the Spurs' agony. We're really lucky to even have a discussion like this year over year for nearly 15 years.

But to answer your question, it's 28 seconds and not even close.

spursmvp
06-21-2013, 05:37 PM

So going to the finals and not making the playoffs are the same? Ok... I guess we're no better than the bobcats and wizards.

DeadlyDynasty
06-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Auschwitz, THE MEANING OF PAIN

Sean Cagney
06-21-2013, 05:39 PM

I don't know but he did Miss one FT that cost them a title one year. I guess that dude forgets that. GOAT PF has 4 rings.

This to me though it's 06, we had a legit team that year and that was a damn threepeat! This year sucked bigtime but I had way higher expectations then and got into it alot more as a younging! That 06 one killed me as a fan for years.
You take the good with the bad. There are dozens of fanbases that would kill for the Spurs' agony. We're really lucky to even have a discussion like this year over year for nearly 15 years.

But to answer your question, it's 28 seconds and not even close.
I disagree on the 28 seconds because I did not expect them to be here and had higher expectations back then, but I agree fully with what you said first. 28 Seconds though was crazy, no way I thought they would give that up and they did.

Lincoln
06-21-2013, 05:40 PM
So going to the finals and not making the playoffs are the same? Ok... I guess we're no better than the bobcats and wizards.

Moral victories

spursmvp
06-21-2013, 05:41 PM

Nigga dirk made a game winning layup in game 2 of the finals with a torn tendon in that hand

Your nigga dirk could barely score against the warriors in his MVP season

Your nigga dirk blew a 2 3/4 game lead against Dwhistle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l50IKDVpDiM

He's a great player right up there with TD, but I just want to point out that even the greats make mistakes.

Sean Cagney
06-21-2013, 05:41 PM
Your nigga dirk could barely score against the warriors in his MVP season

Your nigga dirk blew a 2 3/4 game lead against Dwhistle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l50IKDVpDiM

He's a great player right up there with TD, but I just want to point out that even the greats make mistakes.

Yep, his missed FT that series was huge.

tesseractive
06-21-2013, 05:43 PM

And Duncan was hobbled with a nasty ankle injury and carried us through 7 games vs. Ben Wallace, Sheed, and McDyess.

Duncan will win 50 for the 15th year in a row next year and very likely play deep into the playoffs and contend for a title once again. Will Dirk be watching it on TV again next year?

tesseractive
06-21-2013, 05:48 PM
Moral victories

No, actual basketball game victories. Counting the playoffs, the Spurs won 32 more of them than the Mavericks this year. (And lost 11 fewer.)

On the plus side, y'all got a lot more fishing in. :tu

Agloco
06-21-2013, 06:07 PM

Yeah......no.

You can't troll effectively from the losers pulpit tbh.

Kidd K
06-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Game 6 and that felt like the time when Timmy's 5th ring slipped away. Game 7 felt academic because of how easy Miami's shot were coming and how hard the Spurs' were. Then all the turnovers in the 4th really just made it feel like we didn't have a good chance despite the score being close.

Concerning Timmy though, this Finals appearance and loss actually improves Timmy's legacy some, it doesn't hurt it. There's something to be said for 4/4, but getting there a 5th time playing as well as he has been, and him playing those last two games like a fuckin champ. . .Timmy really showed everyone what he's all about. He can still dig down and dominate even the Miami Heat at 37.

On the other hand, Manu's legacy takes a HUGE hit, and honestly, Pop's does too because of the poor decisions at the end. Tony's legacy doesn't really take a hit, but I think it regresses back to what it was before all the MVP hype despite the hamstring injury slowing him down.

Lincoln
06-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Game 6 and that felt like the time when Timmy's 5th ring slipped away. Game 7 felt academic because of how easy Miami's shot were coming and how hard the Spurs' were. Then all the turnovers in the 4th really just made it feel like we didn't have a good chance despite the score being close.

Concerning Timmy though, this Finals appearance and loss actually improves Timmy's legacy some, it doesn't hurt it. There's something to be said for 4/4, but getting there a 5th time playing as well as he has been, and him playing those last two games like a fuckin champ. . .Timmy really showed everyone what he's all about. He can still dig down and dominate even the Miami Heat at 37.

On the other hand, Manu's legacy takes a HUGE hit, and honestly, Pop's does too because of the poor decisions at the end. Tony's legacy doesn't really take a hit, but I think it regresses back to what it was before all the MVP hype despite the hamstring injury slowing him down.
Shut up bitch

SA210
06-21-2013, 06:17 PM
28 seconds, bc Pop gave it away

Kidd K
06-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Shut up bitch

Looks like faggot Lincoln is still butthurt I predicted his shitty Mavs team wouldn't make the playoffs before the season even started. :lmao

ThaBigFundamental21
06-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Just call it game 6. It's the hardest, and none of the rest are even close.

rascal
06-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Billy Paultz's phantom offensive foul in 1979. Cost the spurs a trip to the finals. They likely win their first title that year. it took another 20 years for that to happen. The first title is always the sweetest because it is the first time to the top.

Budkin
06-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Game 6 x100000000000000000000

I'll be thinking about those 28 seconds for the rest of my fucking life. What is 0.4?

james evans
06-21-2013, 10:11 PM
28 seconds. anyone that votes anything different is a cot damn fool.

Spurs 4 The Win
06-21-2013, 10:39 PM
Billy Paultz's phantom offensive foul in 1979. Cost the spurs a trip to the finals. They likely win their first title that year. it took another 20 years for that to happen. The first title is always the sweetest because it is the first time to the top.

:cry I am a true fan cuz I bring up a moment most people wont remember :cry
You are a douche, its 28 seconds and its not close. Plus you root for the spurs to lose.

I hope the Spurs lose

efrem1
06-21-2013, 10:44 PM
28 seconds indeed. It tops the .4 as well as Strickland's no look pass and Gilmore failing to get the basket in the 83 WCF. The team could have had at least ten titles but they have been snake bit.

32fastest
06-21-2013, 11:01 PM
Has to be game 7 for me. After game six I still had hope we would win game 7. Watching Timmys disappointment and the press conference was absolutely brutal to watch.

weeks
06-21-2013, 11:08 PM
I think 28 seconds will always be the most painful, because it was our last real shot at Timmy's fifth.
I know that has been said a million times in the past and it's always been wrong, but I really do think it's correct this time.

Last year I felt like we'd be back, I wasn't too discouraged. But this year...man.

Thebesteva
06-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Some part of me is so mad. The Spurs are like that scene in Lord of the Rings where they have taken the ring and all they have to do is throw it in the lava for evil to be destroyed and they just walked away from the opportunity.

Arcadian
06-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Two things:

1) Tim's "missed layup" was hardly an easy shot (and hardly a layup). A more accurate description would be "a sideways floating hook shot with a defender coming at you." That is not an easy shot by any means.

2) Tim's missed sideways floating hook shot did not end the game. We were still down by 2 with 40 seconds left in the game. We could have made a stop and scored again for the tie or win. I knew at the time we still could have won. That shot was not the deciding factor at all.

To answer the poll, it's got to be Game 6 of the Finals, because we basically won the championship and then lost it again.

Twenty1Lik3aBoss
06-22-2013, 12:01 AM
Yep. Only then and the years following will we truly realize what we had tbh.

I see where this is going and i respect what you say here, but I do understand sooner or later he will go when 'it's time' but as a guy who is as he is, i don't think its this year obviously hes coming back we can see that so will next year be his last? it depends on how good they are or bad if they return to the finals i mean shoot who knows he may come back again, but its so up in the air after that because you gotta see how hard it is to come back and if miami makes it back by some form its gonna be a "brawl for all" of all sorts of revenge from our side... as for when duncan officially leaves, ya its gonna be rough because you can't replace a guy of his talent, his greatness is unforgettable and yes game 6 (thanks a lot POP for PULLING your boy out when it mattered) but as we know; at some point Duncan will indeed go and the team will feel the missing part of which he carried for them for so long but every team loses that part, and its a process to find something new. Duncan gets a statue, gets hall of fame, has 4 rings, has a record what was it? passing chamberlain in playoffs for double doubles or something right--whatever it was, greatness will never be replaced but something has to come in for him eventually, even with wet feet, memories never die they live on! Duncan 4 EVER!

kobyz
06-22-2013, 01:31 AM
game 6, the Ray Allen shot will haunt me forever, it was worst than dying.

TE
06-22-2013, 01:52 AM
Game six

milkyway21
06-22-2013, 07:16 AM
Manu and Pop cost Tim Duncan his 5th ring by choking up in Game 6.
and Tony.

Spurs Brazil
06-22-2013, 07:44 AM
28 seconds and it's no even close

SA210
06-22-2013, 08:31 AM
Saw this posted somewhere else.

Here is actual proof that the Spurs won the Title. In game 5 the refs took a point from the san San Antonio Spurs because one of our guys had a toe on the line. Well this is from game 6 and they counted it as a 3. It was NOT reviewed and the we all know regulation ended in a tie when it should have been Timmy's 5th NBA Championship!!! I want an explanation that doesn't involve "refs cant get everything" because there are 200 freaking cameras in the place, USE THEM!!!!! Miami Heat, your 2012-2013 fake champs!! Tell me i am wrong!!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/v/s720x720/1059371_10201463607137507_1782959940_n.jpg?oh=59b0 16677e3ba46322a9b0fdb9413a37&oe=51C793B8&__gda__=1372078441_0d8fb077a33aae0bcd421b90d161492 4

rascal
06-22-2013, 09:44 AM
:cry I am a true fan cuz I bring up a moment most people wont remember :cry
You are a douche, its 28 seconds and its not close. Plus you root for the spurs to lose.

Spurs history began before 1990.
28 was the worst
You didn't deserve to be happy with any championship.

EVAY
06-22-2013, 09:45 AM

Not sure. I don't think that I can care about another group of players in the future as I have about this big three, in particular Tim and Manu. I defend Tony a lot because people don't always see what he contributes and I saw how much abuse he took from Pop in his younger years, but my heart belongs to Manu first and Tim second. I won't even be as sad when Tim leaves as I will when Manu does. Regardless of well or ill he plays, Manu is the very definition of a warrior.

Budkin
06-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Saw this posted somewhere else.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/v/s720x720/1059371_10201463607137507_1782959940_n.jpg?oh=59b0 16677e3ba46322a9b0fdb9413a37&oe=51C793B8&__gda__=1372078441_0d8fb077a33aae0bcd421b90d161492 4

Was that one of the Final 3s?

Budkin
06-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Was that one of the Final 3s? Holy fucking shit. Can we file a protest to replay after that moment?

mudyez
06-22-2013, 10:51 AM
.04 was hard because it wasn't a Spur's mistake but a misstake by the timekeeper/refs....after all we can't be 100% sure, if we win the ship even though i think we would have.

The Dirk foul was hard because it was so damn stupid...As well we can't be 100% sure about the Ship and it may have been worse, if we had experienced what Mavs fans experienced (the NBA WWE'ing it for the Heat). Again I personally think we would have won out though.

28Seconds was so hard because we already were the Champs. I didn't see it live but I'm surely would have cryed of joy with 5up/28sec.

Game7 didn't hurt that much. It had that feeling of "Well, they are better today and I don't know how we are still in the game". It doesn't belong into the list as anything other that the game that confirmed "28Seconds".

ata
06-22-2013, 11:17 AM
I will go with 28 s.

With this I was painfully reminded of July 17 1986 where Yugoslavia blew-up lead of 9pts in last 58 seconds against USSR (semi-finals Fiba championship). From 4:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9H82Wr1cas

BTW: USA won that championship with Admiral on the roster

Spurs 4 The Win
06-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Spurs history began before 1990.
28 was the worst
You didn't deserve to be happy with any championship.

You would have been mad if we had won since you know....

I hope the Spurs lose

Its okay, your Miami Heat dream came true

Skull-1
06-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Are you kidding? It is obviously 28 seconds. .04 wasn't a clincher to win the Finals. There is no comparison!

Skull-1
06-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Called a two by the officials.

spurtech09
06-22-2013, 02:04 PM
None of the above...game 6..and Its not even close. It will never be forgotten.agree game 6 was painful.....knowing that you had the win in the bag and just let it get away sucks big time....