PDA

View Full Version : Official Ginobili Retirement Thread

hater
06-21-2013, 05:19 PM
this nigga is retiring right? can't see it any other way tbh. whats the latest on this niggas retirement? I really can't bear to look up the news today or anytime soon :lol

Dex
06-21-2013, 05:20 PM
hater living up to his name.

Mr Bones
06-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Jesus. How many people are going to start the same thread?

hater
06-21-2013, 05:22 PM

what do u mean? u really think Manu shouldn't retire?????

hes finished and only hurting the Spurs at this point. What do you do when one of your toes is dead and imparing you? you cut it off

Stabula
06-21-2013, 05:24 PM
I would agree he should retire except for one thing...despite his turnovers, frequent injuries, and questionable decision making he's the only one who can handle the ball outside of TP. If we brought in someone else or somehow developed CoJo or De Colo by next season then yes I'd be all for Ginobili's retirement. Then we could get a real starting SG and move Green to the bench where he belongs.

ElNono
no news at this time...

hater
Jesus. How many people are going to start the same thread?

my bad if this is a repost. I was gone to another dimension the last 24 hours :lol

this is a serious thread. How can anybody think Manu can be helpful next season. Dude is finished. 2 costly Tos late in game 7 really put a nail in his career.

retire Manu. For the love of God and all that is Holy. Retire. please retire.

retire

hater
06-21-2013, 05:25 PM
no news at this time...

thanks homie

BatManu20
06-21-2013, 05:26 PM
He's coming back for one more run.

hater
06-21-2013, 05:27 PM
He's coming back for one more run.

http://thelistofshame.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/no-country-for-old-men-wallpaper-hd.jpg

ElNono
tbh, if this thread goes like "trust me, Spurs in 7"... :tu

HI-FI
my bad if this is a repost. I was gone to another dimension the last 24 hours :lol

this is a serious thread. How can anybody think Manu can be helpful next season. Dude is finished. 2 costly Tos late in game 7 really put a nail in his career.

retire Manu. For the love of God and all that is Holy. Retire. please retire.

reitire
:lol at the bolded. me too. i might be going back tonight, i guess avoiding this shit.

i'd rather Pop retire at this point in time, before he swallows up whats left of Duncan's career.

hater
06-21-2013, 05:28 PM
be right back homies....

Bacardi is wearing out :lmao

HI-FI
06-21-2013, 05:29 PM
be right back homies....

Bacardi is wearing out :lmao

:pop: "that must be a European thing."

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 05:34 PM
I agree with everyone. He needs to retire. He had a good performance in Game 7 and was the most efficient player at +8 I think. What a better way to retire than right after having the last good performance he had left.I agree. Ginobili needs to retire ASAP. His salary can be better used on Jarret Jack or other good FA on the market. If he wants to play then he can either go play for another team or take the veteran's minimum. Either way his jersey will still be retired and we all will always be grateful for the three championship he contributed to. I will never forgive him and Pop though for costing Tim Duncan his 5th ring.

hater
06-21-2013, 05:35 PM
I would agree he should retire except for one thing...despite his turnovers, frequent injuries, and questionable decision making he's the only one who can handle the ball outside of TP. If we brought in someone else or somehow developed CoJo or De Colo by next season then yes I'd be all for Ginobili's retirement. Then we could get a real starting SG and move Green to the bench where he belongs.

oh jeez

are you serious. Is Manu the only living breathing human being that can handle the ball besides TP????

come on. Spurs have 1 year to find TP's backup. and if Manu retires they'll also have plenty of money. A fucking backup PG cannot be that fucking hard to find. Shit try TMAC

Dex
06-21-2013, 05:39 PM
what do u mean? u really think Manu shouldn't retire?????

hes finished and only hurting the Spurs at this point. What do you do when one of your toes is dead and imparing you? you cut it off

All the people piling shit on Manu right now had too high of expectations for him. It's like everyone expected for him to turn into 2005 Manu again just because the Spurs were back in the Finals. Hell, even Pop probably tried to lump too much responsibility on those aging shoulders. Sure, I wanted to believe the Manu of old would rise, but Spurs fans need to face it: those days are gone for him.

The dude is 35 and has more basketball miles on his body than anybody on the team, especially with the reckless abandon he plays with. Age catches up with every player, and it's obviously caught up with Manu. We already have two 30-something year olds playing well above the level they should be, asking for a third is simply not reasonable.

Yes, I understand that his play was not on par with his gigantic salary, but that's what happens when you sign a contract in your semi-prime and then quickly decline, and we all knew Manu was going to be in for a quick decline when it happens. However, in the right capacity, Manu could still be extremely useful to the team. If he comes back for a reasonable contract and is properly utilized as a role-player, he could easily have another good two seasons. Give his keys to Kawhi, and let him settle into a backseat role.

elmanutres
06-21-2013, 05:43 PM
:lol

but seriously manu can come back but he better play limited minutes. He's better off being a spot up shooter like green and bonner. His driving to the lane and creating for others days are over.

hater
06-21-2013, 05:46 PM
All the people piling shit on Manu right now had too high of expectations for him. It's like everyone expected for him to turn into 2005 Manu again just because the Spurs were back in the Finals. Hell, even Pop probably tried to lump too much responsibility on those aging shoulders. Sure, I wanted to believe the Manu of old would rise, but Spurs fans need to face it: those days are gone for him.

that's BS. nobody expected 05 Manu. We did expect a lot less than 8 TOs in game 6 and 2 crucial TOs late in game 7. thou.

The dude is 35 and has more basketball miles on his body than anybody on the team, especially with the reckless abandon he plays with. Age catches up with every player, and it's obviously caught up with Manu. We already have two 30-something year olds playing well above the level they should be, asking for a third is simply not reasonable.

Yes, I understand that his play was not on par with his gigantic salary, but that's what happens when you sign a contract in your semi-prime and then quickly decline, and we all knew Manu was going to be in for a quick decline when it happens. However, in the right capacity, Manu could still be extremely useful to the team. If he comes back for a reasonable contract and is properly utilized as a role-player, he could easily have another good two seasons. Give his keys to Kawhi, and let him settle into a backseat role.

He will hurt the team more than help. He's an emotional guy that gets up and down to the extremes. Spurs don't need that shit anymore. Time to bid him farewell. It's what's best for the team.

hater
06-21-2013, 05:47 PM
:lol

but seriously manu can come back but he better play limited minutes. He's better off being a spot up shooter like green and bonner. His driving to the lane and creating for others days are over.

spot shooter?????

dude is shooting 39% and 30% from 3

:lmao spot shooter

elmanutres
06-21-2013, 05:50 PM
spot shooter?????

dude is shooting 39% and 30% from 3

:lmao spot shooter
well if he wont be a spot up shooter than he will become useless than

Knoxxx
06-21-2013, 05:50 PM
I am fine with Manu coming back but only for the veteran's minimum. That assumes he adjusts his game by toning down the hero passing and theatrics like behind the back dribbling. He can still get to the basket. He needs to work hard on his 3 PT shooting though in the offseason to shoot a higher percentage, and of course FTs.

Manutrix
06-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Why retire? Leave the Spurs, maybe... But why retire? Scared he might prove you wrong on another team? Don't be such a chicken, hater boy.

ThePop
06-21-2013, 06:03 PM
I wonder when is jersey will be retired? Gotta be in the first few months of the season right?

coachmac87
06-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Manu won't retire. He can't go out like that and this lost opportunity is gonna eat him alive alllllll summer. He'll be back just with a different role

Virgil
06-21-2013, 06:21 PM
this nigga is retiring right? can't see it any other way tbh. whats the latest on this niggas retirement? I really can't bear to look up the news today or anytime soon :lol

Manu ainīt retiring. He is coming back, and in one year he will make more money than you during your entire life. You have it in your ass, motharfucking nigg.er! Go clean some bathrooms you scumbag!

SA210
06-21-2013, 06:25 PM
hater, you make me lol a lot, but Manu still has some good game left in the tank. Dude played all summer last year. He just needs some rest and re-focus imo.

Stabula
06-21-2013, 06:28 PM
I hope Manu is in the gym right now working on his fucking jump shot. What the fuck happened to his jump shot this season? It's been broken all year.

hater
06-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Manu ainīt retiring. He is coming back, and in one year he will make more money than you during your entire life. You have it in your ass, motharfucking nigg.er! Go clean some bathrooms you scumbag!

:lmao

it looks like some ppl took the loss a bit harder :lol

hater
06-21-2013, 07:01 PM
hater, you make me lol a lot, but Manu still has some good game left in the tank. Dude played all summer last year. He just needs some rest and re-focus imo.

you don't seriously believe that. Manu had 10 days of rest before the finals. He still managed to turn it over 10+ times in only the 2 most important games. 6, and 7

DJR210
06-21-2013, 07:02 PM

it looks like some ppl took the loss a bit harder :lol

Virgil aka Paula Dean?

rascal
06-21-2013, 07:03 PM
that's BS. nobody expected 05 Manu. We did expect a lot less than 8 TOs in game 6 and 2 crucial TOs late in game 7. thou.

He will hurt the team more than help. He's an emotional guy that gets up and down to the extremes. Spurs don't need that shit anymore. Time to bid him farewell. It's what's best for the team.

I thought he had 3 turnovers late in game 7. The out of control drive under the basket where he had no where to go other than try to pass through James to Duncan under the basket, it was stolen by James, the no look errant wide pass from the top of the key that was wide to Green and went right out of bounds and the pass he took his eyes off and went right through his hands out of bounds.

hater
06-21-2013, 07:06 PM
I thought he had 3 turnovers late in game 7. The out of control drive under the basket where he had no where to go other than try to pass through James to Duncan under the basket, it was stolen by James, the no look errant wide pass from the top of the key that was wide to Green and went right out of bounds and the pass he took his eyes off and went right through his hands out of bounds.

I don't know and I'm not going to go back to find out :cry

I do remember the pass to the front row, in the final 3 minutes of game 7 nonetheless!!!!

I remember slightly the fumble of the ball but I was already in another dimension to care :cry

UZER
06-21-2013, 07:08 PM
Well I posted this is my "the official Manu is done thread" thread which failed miserably at a measly 14 post...thanks Obama! I thought you were for the little guys like us GNSFs!

Dude just needs to retire. His mind moves way to fast for his old body to keep up with anymore. That's why he commits all the turnovers. Early in his career he told pop "this is what I do, this is how i play," so it's obvious he is never gonna change his style, even for the betterment of the team, even at this age. His style cost this championship.

I take nothing away from what he's meant to the spurs, he's my favorite spur...ever....but he just need to let it go and retire.

hater
06-21-2013, 07:14 PM
Ginobili is the definition of:

A toda madre o un desmadre

old Ginobili is un desmadre and needs to retire

very fucking simple

HI-FI
06-21-2013, 07:19 PM
thread is premature. a more realistic thread would be "We Just Overpaid Manu Again?"

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 07:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU2oBcuFnVg&list=UUyGpRNpJj6l8dXy10S30m5w

ElNono
06-21-2013, 07:47 PM
He has enough in the tank easily for another 3-5 seasons.... or about 44 games, IMO

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 08:00 PM
He has enough in the tank easily for another 3-5 seasons.... or about 44 games, IMO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvN71ULFrQ8&feature=youtu.be&t=38s

hater
06-21-2013, 08:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvN71ULFrQ8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUyGpRNpJj6l8dXy10S30m5w (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvN71ULFrQ8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUyGpRNpJj6l8dXy10S30m5w)

my sentiments exactly :cry :cry :cry

spurraider21
06-21-2013, 08:16 PM
pretty sure manu had 18 points on 6-12 shooting in game 7. solid outing IMO

HI-FI
06-21-2013, 08:19 PM
pretty sure manu had 18 points on 6-12 shooting in game 7. solid outing IMO

true, it's just his turnovers at the end ruined the whole thing, so it was like he had one final turd or two from game 6 to shit out.

as shitty as Manu has been all season, i'm probably still more of a fan of his than Parker. that being said, we all suffered last night, Timmy especially.

weebo
06-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Manu won't be retiring. He'll sign for 2 years for about 7-10 mil/year with a player option for the second year.

SA210
06-21-2013, 08:26 PM

NickiRasgo
06-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Stop all those hate to Manu. I know he costs us championship(s) (1 is from 2013 NBA Finals Game 6 and another one, which is potentially another championship from 2006 NBA Western Semis Game 7) but dude was the reason as well why he have 3 championships. I want him to return, I want him to respond and make up for his performance. If Tony could promise to Timmy, why not Manu? Don't you think it'll be just like that? Manu had his worst performance in the Playoffs and he'll just leave? I think not.

I saw this post a while ago, I dunno if it means much but:

Via Danny Green twitter:
My goal is to try to get Timmy and Manu to come back for one more...either way we will come back stronger/better...we won't let you down.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-22-2013, 10:24 AM
Its sad when a notorious Parker homer creates this kind of post. Its good to know that TP (who's actually playing out there) doesn't think the same way.

I hope this sad post gets closed soon by the Admin unless, of course, that this behavior is condoned in some way

cheguevara
06-24-2013, 04:49 PM

oski1000
06-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Only a loser can start a thread like this....

hater
06-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Only a loser can start a thread like this....

why is that?

Manu is finished and cost us the 2013 Finals. Not that we'll be contenders next year, but he will still cost us games and series if he continues his career in the the Spurs IMO. Time to finally let him go

that is a fact. anyone who disputes that is still in the stage of denial IMO

kemak
06-24-2013, 05:25 PM

droppin n bombs, my guess is he is white.

Kool Bob Love
06-24-2013, 05:30 PM
why is that?

Manu is finished and cost us the 2013 Finals. Not that we'll be contenders next year, but he will still cost us games and series if he continues his career in the the Spurs IMO. Time to finally let him go

that is a fact. anyone who disputes that is still in the stage of denial IMO

Spurs in 7 :lmao