PDA

View Full Version : How much is Jarret Jack worth?

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2013, 09:26 PM
A lot of you probably already know that I've been crying for the Spurs to pick up FA Jarrett Jack. He would be the perfect replacement for Manu and the perfect backup PG to Tony Parker. Jack plays decent defense and has proven to be a clutch performer in the playoffs. He can attack the rim and cause havoc in the paint.

With a little talking and convincing speeches by the FO, what are the chances of the Spurs signing this guy? I would love him. He is 29 years old at the prime of his carrier. If the Spurs can convince him to be our 6th man just like Manu, a future Hall of Famer, he can be our missing piece. What's your take?

Here are a few articles I've found about Jarrett Jacks's value:
http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2013/6/5/4398014/nba-free-agency-2013-jarrett-jack
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1557126-how-much-is-jarrett-jack-worth-to-the-golden-state-warriors-this-summer
http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/may/spurs-keeping-warriors-jack-on-their-radar.html
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1002959_206863692799683_1773442371_n.jpg

timmy2003
06-21-2013, 09:41 PM
I am not particularly excited about the idea of Jarret Jack. He is not a good playmaker.

ElNono
06-21-2013, 09:46 PM
He'll be 30 by the time next season starts, and I think he will get stupid money thrown at him. I also expect that if his value surprisingly stays relatively low (circa $7m/season range), the Warrior will let Landry walk and clear some extra room and re-sign him. Both sides have said they would like to re-unite, IIRC. I expect the Spurs to continue to develop DeColo and Joseph in that role.

DJR210
06-21-2013, 09:50 PM
I am not particularly excited about the idea of Jarret Jack. He is not a good playmaker.

I think his continuous mid range makes would have been pretty beneficial in this last series TBH. He is probably going to demand more than we should pay, plus will get offered a starting role somewhere.

timmy2003
06-21-2013, 09:57 PM
I think his continuous mid range makes would have been pretty beneficial in this last series TBH. He is probably going to demand more than we should pay, plus will get offered a starting role somewhere.
I think his scoring will help the Spurs but pairing him with Tony makes backcourt really undersized.

Baam
06-21-2013, 10:06 PM
He'll be 30 by the time next season starts, and I think he will get stupid money thrown at him. I also expect that if his value surprisingly stays relatively low (circa $7m/season range), the Warrior will let Landry walk and clear some extra room and re-sign him. Both sides have said they would like to re-unite, IIRC. I expect the Spurs to continue to develop DeColo and Joseph in that role.

Heard him on First Take and the guy was basically salivating at the idea of being NY starting PG but he may get overpaid by another team since NY doesn't have that much flexibility.

Knoxxx
06-21-2013, 10:18 PM
I think we would only offer MLE we need to spend our cap room on the best big man available to help Tim.

Juggity
06-21-2013, 10:29 PM
He's a trash ass chucker who's worth nothing to the spurs.

KL2
06-21-2013, 10:31 PM
He's getting paid big $$$, more than he's worth. I don't like Parker-Jack defensively at all (Jack at SG) but offensively it'd be sick. You're also killing two birds with one stone by signing Jack and having him play PG/SG, the depth at SG may be nonexistent next year.

I'm expecting Kawhi is guaranteed to become the 3rd option on this team meaning he'll handle a lot of scoring next season as well as play making, so that definitely affects whoever SA signs. I think we can expect something like 18ppg from him next year.

RD2191
06-21-2013, 10:31 PM

Yeah because Gary Neal is none of the above.

Juggity
06-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Yeah because Gary Neal is none of the above.

Did I say anything about Gary Neal?

He's on par with Jarett Jack at this point. A trash ass chucker who's worth nothing to the spurs.

Knoxxx
06-21-2013, 10:39 PM

I guess you forgot those long scoreless stretches against Miami especially when we put subs in? That's what Jack could do for us, come in and make some ridiculous shots right on cue when we needed them most. As noted in one of the articles, he was GS's guy to end other teams runs, when they had to have a basket he'd chuck one in. We all know that, he's a tough some bich that has lit us up many times.

Boomersgold
06-21-2013, 11:12 PM
I think his scoring will help the Spurs but pairing him with Tony makes backcourt really undersized.

Don't the Warriors pair him with Curry all the time?

TheGoldStandard
06-21-2013, 11:17 PM
He would be good in stretches of the game but not for the price tag he's looking to get.

E20
06-22-2013, 12:39 AM
Black hole. He deters Curry and Klay Thompson so bad. Warrior fans cringe everytime he touches the ball fearing he's just gonna dribble the shot clock out and jack something.

elmanutres
06-22-2013, 01:31 AM
:lol wow, jarret jack and neal on the same team.
Two chuckers who completely play off the system 50% of the time.

Duncanforthree
06-22-2013, 02:04 AM
3 yrs/ 18 million with player option . If he won't take it, fuck him. I want Milsap anyway.

timmy2003
06-22-2013, 03:23 AM
He would be good in stretches of the game but not for the price tag he's looking to get.
Yes and they struggled defensively.

T Park
06-22-2013, 03:24 AM
Not a good fit. Likes to go one on one too much. Gets lost on defense IE Manu three in the second round.

Going to get paid way more than he's worth.

spursince#99
06-23-2013, 02:43 PM
why would we not want this guy? Seriously?

spurraider21
06-23-2013, 02:49 PM
how many threads will thegreatyacht start?

sexinthatsx
06-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Jarret Jack seriously = overpaid Gary Neal. I'd rather stick to having only one Gary Neal on the team tbh

ace3g
06-23-2013, 03:41 PM
6'3, no thank you

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Jarret Jack seriously = overpaid Gary Neal. I'd rather stick to having only one Gary Neal on the team tbhThis comment tells me about your great knowledge in basketball. You're probably one of them peeps that insists on overpaying and keeping Manu. You're probably also one of those peeps that insists the Spurs waste all of their cap space to resign Blair, Mills, Manu, and Splitter.

ThaBigFundamental21
06-23-2013, 04:03 PM
I don't like Jack nearly as much as all of you. He is mediocre, he is a streaky jump shooter who can't play D and doesn't have the size we need. Right now the Spurs need a little more size, and a player who can create their own Offense. Right about now Parker is looking like the only guy we have who can do so. Tim to a lesser extent, and Manu fell of the map. Leonard needs to work on his dribbling/handle. He is close to being able to create. Jack isn't a bad player, but he doesn't get us where we need to be. I say no.

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2013, 04:08 PM
I don't like Jack nearly as much as all of you. He is mediocre, he is a streaky jump shooter who can't play D and doesn't have the size we need. Right now the Spurs need a little more size, and a player who can create their own Offense. Right about now Parker is looking like the only guy we have who can do so. Tim to a lesser extent, and Manu fell of the map. Leonard needs to work on his dribbling/handle. He is close to being able to create. Jack isn't a bad player, but he doesn't get us where we need to be. I say no.Well like it or not, there are no other options. The only other guy that I can think of is Tyreke Evans. There is also Nate Robinson. Nate is too short though and he doesn't play defense either. I much rather have a larger version of Nate in Jarrett Jack or Tyreke Evans.

TrainOfThought5
06-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Tony is quickly arriving at the point where we'll have to start limiting his minutes
a guy like jarrett jack. could solve a lot of those problems and completely replace Ginobili Neal and help Parker.

ThaBigFundamental21
06-23-2013, 04:12 PM
We aren't over paying Jack. Get over it. No, Jack can't replace Manu, he is smaller. It's not happening.

ThaBigFundamental21
06-23-2013, 04:13 PM
I think our best realistic options are Al Jefferson or Andre Iguodala.

Sean Cagney
06-23-2013, 04:19 PM
:lol wow, jarret jack and neal on the same team.
Two chuckers who completely play off the system 50% of the time.

I would rather have Jack anyday over one dimensional Neal though, he can actually play the backup PG and drive inside. Neal just sucks IMO.
We aren't over paying Jack. Get over it. No, Jack can't replace Manu, he is smaller. It's not happening.

I agree on this.

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2013, 04:19 PM
We aren't over paying Jack. Get over it. No, Jack can't replace Manu, he is smaller. It's not happening.His true value will be determined starting July 1st which is when free agency talks begin. I think the Spurs should be the first bidder and have a serious talk with him and remind him that we were one backup PG (more like a free throw or rebound) away from winning a championship. BTW Jarrett Jack sure didn't seem mediocre to me the way he was killing us in the playoffs. The playoffs are where players make a name for themselves. Jarrett Jack is clutch and he will get you that big shot when you most need it.

spurraider21
06-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Jarrett Jack would be a better Neal (though not as potentially explosive) but he surely is NOT a manu replacement. are you really willing to pay 6 mil+ for a Neal replacement? no thank you

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2013, 04:27 PM
Jarrett Jack would be a better Neal (though not as potentially explosive) but he surely is NOT a manu replacement. are you really willing to pay 6 mil+ for a Neal replacement? no thank youHell yeah that's a good deal. Better than resigning Manu and Splitter that's for sure. As a matter of fact, I rather Manu retire and use Manu's salary to sign Jarrett Jack. Swallow that.

sexinthatsx
06-23-2013, 04:30 PM
This comment tells me about your great knowledge in basketball. You're probably one of them peeps that insists on overpaying and keeping Manu. You're probably also one of those peeps that insists the Spurs waste all of their cap space to resign Blair, Mills, Manu, and Splitter.

You're attacking my knowledge of basketball on the basis of your infatuation with a 6'3 shoot-first PG with limited passing skills. Quick sucking Jarret Jack's dick just because he went off against the Spurs during the playoffs, the Spurs play against the Warriors during the playoffs was designed so only Jarret Jack could get the open looks while covering Klay and Curry. Also, take aside my knowledge of basketball for a second and think about your knowledge of cap space and salaries. Given Jarret Jack's current market value to other teams and how much the Spurs paid Gary Neal this current season, is the additional salary worth what Jarret Jack can offer? I don't think so.

Spurs are WAY better off spending money on the likes of Andre Igoudala, or a big like ThaBigFundamental21 said. I'm also open to the idea of Andrei Kirilenko joining the Spurs.

sexinthatsx
06-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Hell yeah that's a good deal. Better than resigning Manu and Splitter that's for sure. As a matter of fact, I rather Manu retire and use Manu's salary to sign Jarrett Jack. Swallow that.

I'd rather you retire from this thread.

spurraider21
06-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Hell yeah that's a good deal. Better than resigning Manu and Splitter that's for sure. As a matter of fact, I rather Manu retire and use Manu's salary to sign Jarrett Jack. Swallow that.

:frying:

johnpaulwall21
06-23-2013, 04:40 PM
Jarrett jack hits shots on the big stage. Something we need off the bench. someone like chalmers, Jason terry.

RD2191
06-23-2013, 04:46 PM
You're attacking my knowledge of basketball on the basis of your infatuation with a 6'3 shoot-first PG with limited passing skills. Quick sucking Jarret Jack's dick just because he went off against the Spurs during the playoffs, the Spurs play against the Warriors during the playoffs was designed so only Jarret Jack could get the open looks while covering Klay and Curry. Also, take aside my knowledge of basketball for a second and think about your knowledge of cap space and salaries. Given Jarret Jack's current market value to other teams and how much the Spurs paid Gary Neal this current season, is the additional salary worth what Jarret Jack can offer? I don't think so.

Spurs are WAY better off spending money on the likes of Andre Igoudala, or a big like ThaBigFundamental21 said. I'm also open to the idea of Andrei Kirilenko joining the Spurs.
Andre Igoudala...:lmao

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2013, 04:47 PM
Spurs are WAY better off spending money on the likes of Andre Igoudala, or a big like ThaBigFundamental21 said. I'm also open to the idea of Andrei Kirilenko joining the Spurs.Iggy had a PER of 15.25 so that would be an excellent signing. He could be the perfect guy to replace Manu as the 6th man and I'm pretty sure Chipp Engelland can improve Iggy's shooting. Iggy would have to accept coming off the bench though and I don't know how much he would cost. We cannot have him as a starter TBH because we need Green to spread the floor with the starters for TP, Duncan, and Kawhi's emergence.

AK47 would be nice but he doesn't fill the needs as far having another ball handler or a big man that is not as feminated as Tiago Splitter. If the Spurs can get AK for cheap then I'm all for it but I doubt that will happen.

All in all I still I rather have Jack or a backup PG as that extra ball handler off the bench than relying on a bigger SG like Tyreky Evans or Iggy to be the playmaker. Whatever rout the Spurs take, any of the names that we've all mentioned would be great fits for the Spurs. They would all be better options than overpaying Manu.

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Can't overpay him. Remember the last big bust with Jefferson?

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Can't overpay him. Remember the last big bust with Jefferson?Oh that was plain stupidity by the FO. I was against that move from day 1 and I knew he would fuck the Spurs. Seriously, why would you want a guy that can't create his own shot, a guy that plays no defense, and a guy that can't shoot. I think the FO expected Jefferson to be that same high-flier from NJ.

I do agree though. Can't overpay guys that are past their prime and washed up like Manu. So I hope Manu does us a favor and retires. No more "oh, lets overpay him" because of this loyalty BS.

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Oh that was plain stupidity by the FO. I was against that move from day 1 and I knew he would fuck the Spurs. Seriously, why would you want a guy that can't create his own shot, a guy that plays no defense, and a guy that can't shoot. I think the FO expected Jefferson to be that same high-flier from NJ.

I do agree though. Can't overpay guys that are past their prime and washed up like Manu. So I hope Manu does us a favor and retires. No more "oh, lets overpay him" because of this loyalty BS.

His age has hit him badly. The guy is bound for another injury next year. At 35, it's time to pull the plug.

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2013, 05:05 PM
His age has hit him badly. The guy is bound for another injury next year. At 35, it's time to pull the plug.:toastWell said.

poeticism707
06-23-2013, 08:26 PM
What is it with the Jared Jack obsession? Just because he can score some, doesn't mean he's a good player.
He turns the ball over more than Gino, and is a below average passer for a point, and you haven't even gotten too his below average defense, taking bonehead risks on D, and getting burnt crispy by good ball movement.
If that's not bad enough, he's 30, lol.
Just ask Golden State fans, they'd gladly be rid of him to any fool team that would take him off their hands.

spurs10
06-23-2013, 09:23 PM
I thought our reliance on Manu as Tony's backup was the worst thing for Manu and the team. If we spend the summer, training camp, and give them a lot of minutes, perhaps Nando or Joseph can be groomed to be TP's back up. Obviously when push came to shove they, rightly or wrongly, Pop didn't think they were up for it. I think we need to develope one or both of them to be ready next year. Also, need a backup 3....

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2013, 09:25 PM
I thought our reliance on Manu as Tony's backup was the worst thing for Manu and the team. If we spend the summer, training camp, and give them a lot of minutes, perhaps Nando or Joseph can be groomed to be TP's back up. Obviously when push came to shove they, rightly or wrongly, Pop didn't think they were up for it. I think we need to develope one or both of them to be ready next year. Also, need a backup 3....I like Tyreky Evans or Andre Iguadala. Should the Spurs pick up Iggy, they need to make sure that he's willing to come off the bench. I don't want Iggy as a starter else there won't be any shooters on the floor. Danny Green spreads the floor for Duncan, TP, and now Kawhi with his emergence.

ElNono
06-23-2013, 09:32 PM
Well like it or not, there are no other options. The only other guy that I can think of is Tyreke Evans. There is also Nate Robinson. Nate is too short though and he doesn't play defense either. I much rather have a larger version of Nate in Jarrett Jack or Tyreke Evans.

I like Tyreky Evans or Andre Iguadala. Should the Spurs pick up Iggy, they need to make sure that he's willing to come off the bench. I don't want Iggy as a starter else there won't be any shooters on the floor. Danny Green spreads the floor for Duncan, TP, and now Kawhi with his emergence.

I see a lot of disappointment in your future, tbh :lol

DPG21920
06-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Jack is so overrated.

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2013, 09:40 PM
I see a lot of disappointment in your future, tbh I see a lot of disappointment in your "let's stay pat, let's waste all our cap space in resigning Splitter & Manu, and develop CoJo & DeColo while Duncan & Parker get older" attitude.
Jack is so overrated.
2013 Playoffs Jarrett Jack - 17.2 PPG, 50% FG, 89% FT, 4.4 RPB, 4.7 RPG, > Manu Ginobili

Sure, Jarret Jack is overrated.

Kidd K
06-23-2013, 09:42 PM
I like the idea of adding Jack, but I do worry he will cost too much. Nate Robinson is another, cheaper choice who could really get the job done too. He's small, but he's fast as fuck and good shooter.

Plus we'd get to see the occaisional showtime dunk from his tiny body :P

ElNono
06-23-2013, 11:03 PM
I see a lot of disappointment in your "let's stay pat, let's waste all our cap space in resigning Splitter & Manu, and develop CoJo & DeColo while Duncan & Parker get older" attitude.

I don't make any personnel decisions, it's not me you will be upset at, tbh...

IIRC, the last relatively 'big splash' the Spurs did in the FA market was to S&T for Richard Jefferson 4 years ago... it's true we have some capspace this season, but the team has been generally conservative in the way they spend their money...

hyhy
06-24-2013, 02:15 AM
Hopefully the front office don't think like you. Jack was the primary reason why Curry did not went off alot of games. even though it was surprising that he made some ridiculous inefficient long 2s, whenever he was subbed in, it was a relief.

TheGreatYacht
06-24-2013, 02:18 AM
Hopefully the front office don't think like you. Jack was the primary reason why Curry did not went off alot of games. even though it was surprising that he made some ridiculous inefficient long 2s, whenever he was subbed in, it was a relief.I disagree. Stephen Curry's ankle injury and Danny Green's defense on Curry were the primary reason why Curry did not go off.

hyhy
06-24-2013, 02:24 AM
I disagree. Stephen Curry's ankle injury and Danny Green's defense on Curry were the primary reason why Curry did not go off.

That explains why whenever Jack is on the bench, Curry goes off on his shooting spree, and whenever he is off the bench, Curry disappears?

TheGreatYacht
06-24-2013, 02:35 AM
That explains why whenever Jack is on the bench, Curry goes off on his shooting spree, and whenever he is off the bench, Curry disappears?I would have to watch the series again to see how valid your point is but either way, Jarrett Jack is not afraid of the moment. He is clutch and he will take that shot when your team desperately needs it, especially when your team is going through a scoring drought. The man had a 50 % FG throughout the playoffs so he's not a scrub the way you people make him out to be.
If the Spurs were a free throw or rebound away from winning a championship with Gary Neal playing big minutes, then Jarrett Jack would have no problem fitting right in. Allen Iverson, now he was a real team killer.

timmy2003
06-24-2013, 05:19 AM
I'd rather you retire from this thread.
this.

montgod
06-24-2013, 05:44 AM
Pass... Will be overpaid and I definitely see him leaving with rumors of Igodala
wanting to play with his buddy Curry. Can't pay them all

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-24-2013, 05:50 AM
A lot of you probably already know that I've been crying for the Spurs to pick up FA Jarrett Jack. He would be the perfect replacement for Manu and the perfect backup PG to Tony Parker. Jack plays decent defense and has proven to be a clutch performer in the playoffs. He can attack the rim and cause havoc in the paint.

With a little talking and convincing speeches by the FO, what are the chances of the Spurs signing this guy? I would love him. He is 29 years old at the prime of his carrier. If the Spurs can convince him to be our 6th man just like Manu, a future Hall of Famer, he can be our missing piece. What's your take?

Here are a few articles I've found about Jarrett Jacks's value:
http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2013/6/5/4398014/nba-free-agency-2013-jarrett-jack
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1557126-how-much-is-jarrett-jack-worth-to-the-golden-state-warriors-this-summer
http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/may/spurs-keeping-warriors-jack-on-their-radar.html
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1002959_206863692799683_1773442371_n.jpg

I'm not sure about my confidence in this guy playing on the Spurs. Anyone who can't play with his head on his own body is not someone I'd trust in pressure situations.

exstatic
06-24-2013, 06:18 AM

Bingo. He's not that fucking good.

TheGreatYacht
06-24-2013, 01:08 PM
this.
Pass... Will be overpaid and I definitely see him leaving with rumors of Igodala wanting to play with his buddy Curry. Can't pay them all
I'm not sure about my confidence in this guy playing on the Spurs. Anyone who can't play with his head on his own body is not someone I'd trust in pressure situations.
Bingo. He's not that fucking good.You guys are taking me too serious. Stop acting like Pop and RC Buford are actually going to lurk on this website and read our suggestions as if our opinion reallly matter to them.

Sh*t I see that most of you are infatuated with signing that bum and midget of Paul Millsap so there is nothing wrong with me suggesting Jarrett Jack.

sexinthatsx
06-24-2013, 02:13 PM
You guys are taking me too serious. Stop acting like Pop and RC Buford are actually going to lurk on this website and read our suggestions as if our opinion reallly matter to them.

Sh*t I see that most of you are infatuated with signing that bum and midget of Paul Millsap so there is nothing wrong with me suggesting Jarrett Jack.

Welcome to Spurstalk tbh. IMO everybody on ST who wants Millsap should be ragged just as hard, if not, harder.

cd021
06-24-2013, 02:50 PM
how many threads will thegreatyacht start?

Yeah he posts like 6 thread a day. He makes me look like a slacker.

Spanklin
06-24-2013, 03:14 PM

If you're going to overpay for trash ass chucker, Monta>Jack. Just sayin.

I want the money thrown at Smoove anyway. Dude would fit perfectly next to Duncan and would be nightmare to guard in Pop's offense.

Beaverfuzz
06-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Nothing, he sucked in Portland and he still sucks now. Defensive liability to say the least.

montgod
06-26-2013, 07:14 PM
You guys are taking me too serious. Stop acting like Pop and RC Buford are actually going to lurk on this website and read our suggestions as if our opinion reallly matter to them.

You got the wrong guy....cause I definitely wouldn't want
another undersized PF especially in this case when he
will be overpriced

therealtruth
06-30-2013, 07:46 AM
The only reason to get him would be to prevent him from going crazy when he plays us.

still.focused
06-30-2013, 10:01 AM
Tyreke Evans >> Jack
Evans is imo the Ginobili replacement
Hes like 23 and a legit 6'6" handles the ball, scores inside and out and hell be cheaper
Hs EXACTLY what we need to run the 2nd unit since Manu tanked