PDA

View Full Version : I'm super excited for next year.

apalisoc_9
06-21-2013, 11:44 PM
- Team will be playing with fire and a lot of redemption in mind from tip-off

- Kawhi Leonard's emergence

- Timmy looking like he's in his 20 again

This team will contend next year.

I am 85% sure we're going to the finals again.

I'm ready for a rematch.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Spurs7794
06-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Honestly, this is the first time that I am not upset the season is over. I am devastated that we lost but I can't handle the stress right now. I've actually been questioning if its worth it to be a HARDCORE fan of a team. So far the cons outweigh the pros. Not looking forward to watching 82 regular season games again, an amazing playoff run, only to have a championship ripped from their hands.

dallasmaverickslose
06-22-2013, 12:17 AM
Honestly, this is the first time that I am not upset the season is over. I am devastated that we lost but I can't handle the stress right now. I've actually been questioning if its worth it to be a HARDCORE fan of a team. So far the cons outweigh the pros. Not looking forward to watching 82 regular season games again, an amazing playoff run, only to have a championship ripped from their hands.

Kind of feel the same way tbh. I feel gassed emotionally after this season. I mean, this is literally the most success we could have possibly had and NOT win the championship. I emotionally invested so much into this damn season because I knew this Spurs era will reach its twilight sometime soon unfortunately.

Even though I say this, chances are that I'll still spend more time than I actually should keeping up with Spurs BB, which will still be worth it. I love this damn team.

jestersmash
06-22-2013, 12:18 AM

I think most fans (especially on this board) thought this way for a while after that game 6 loss. I know I did.

RD2191
06-22-2013, 12:24 AM
Only thing that worries me is injuries.

jestersmash
06-22-2013, 12:27 AM
Kawhi's emergence is what I'm most excited about. That little turn around hook shot in the paint looked quite good against Miami. I remember seeing him practice that shot in various shootaround/practice videos throughout the season, so it was cool to see him implement it in a real game with such great success.

I was so proud of his effort overall throughout the playoffs (and especially the finals). Guy played his heart out.

dallasmaverickslose
06-22-2013, 12:29 AM
Kawhi's emergence is what I'm most excited about. That little turn around hook shot in the paint looked quite good against Miami. I remember seeing him practice that shot in various shootaround/practice videos throughout the season, so it was cool to see him implement it in a real game with such great success.

I was so proud of his effort overall throughout the playoffs (and especially the finals). Guy played his heart out.

If he can work on his jumpshot this offseason and maybe even improve his 3-pt shooting I have no doubts that this guy is going to be an absolute monster for at least a decade.

rick1991
06-22-2013, 12:31 AM

And he had tendonitis in his knee. Cant wait to see him healthy next season!

HI-FI
06-22-2013, 12:32 AM
I think most fans (especially on this board) thought this way for a while after that game 6 loss. I know I did.

+1.

I thought I was the only one thinking that, but last night I thought "maybe I should go back to casually watching the Spurs, from all star break til onward." this past year was interesting and sometimes fun following so closely, posting on here. But last night was shattering. shit i wonder if people like Duncan are wondering if its worth it. I don't know, shooting yourself in the face like that, it hurts and makes you question things I guess.

rick1991
06-22-2013, 12:34 AM
+1.

I thought I was the only one thinking that, but last night I thought "maybe I should go back to casually watching the Spurs, from all star break til onward." this past year was interesting and sometimes fun following so closely, posting on here. But last night was shattering. shit i wonder if people like Duncan are wondering if its worth it. I don't know, shooting yourself in the face like that, it hurts and makes you question things I guess.

Enjoy every last second Duncan is on the floor. Once he retires You will regret not watching the big fundamental

HI-FI
06-22-2013, 12:38 AM
Enjoy every last second Duncan is on the floor. Once he retires You will regret not watching the big fundamental

this is true. the only things making me want to watch right now are Duncan and Kawhi. lol, i guess that's why it's a player's league. certainly not last series coaching. I plan on going to a game or two next season, so I try to appreciate Duncan while I can.

Borosai
06-22-2013, 12:42 AM
If they make the right moves and adjustments, they'll have a legit shot at #5 next year. Numerous unknowns right now, but I'm feeling optimistic (especially compared to previous years. And 24 hours ago).

Looking forward to the off-season.

Duncanforthree
06-22-2013, 12:51 AM
Me too! The best thing is we only have to wait 4 months to start the comeback.

Believe.

DubMcDub
06-22-2013, 01:14 AM
I am 85% sure we're going to the finals again.

:lol

Tap the brakes, friend.

Sean Cagney
06-22-2013, 01:20 AM

Tap the brakes, friend.

I am a huge Spurs fan but I agree with you fully there. Tap the brakes, no guarantees and 85% sure? Naw man not yet. I give them a decent % but sure as hell not 85%.

dallasmaverickslose
06-22-2013, 01:21 AM

Tap the brakes, friend.

What's your bro Mark Cuban got up his sleeves this offseason?

Shaolin-Style
06-22-2013, 01:22 AM
I can't wait til next season. I hope Kawhi has a huge year and Duncan is still super motivated.

elmanutres
06-22-2013, 01:25 AM
If he can work on his jumpshot this offseason and maybe even improve his 3-pt shooting I have no doubts that this guy is going to be an absolute monster for at least a decade.
im questioning if we should keep tmac to act as a mentor for kawhi.

dallasmaverickslose
06-22-2013, 01:27 AM
im questioning if we should keep tmac to act as a mentor for kawhi.

If only tmac could still hit his jumpers :depressed

elmanutres
06-22-2013, 01:32 AM
If only tmac could still hit his jumpers :depressed
that doesn't mean he doesn't have the knowledge and experience.

Austin_Toros
06-22-2013, 02:47 AM
I'm hoping TD will still be able to keep up his incredible form for at least another season.

kobyz
06-22-2013, 02:55 AM
that the biggest question mark and what cause me fidgetiness thinking about next season, does Tim left in him what it takes to keep for another year being first wheel high quality player and trying to get redemption for the heartbraking of the finals.

KL2
06-22-2013, 03:18 AM
I just don't want Tiago/Manu/Neal back. Tiago is ineffective against MIA, I don't think he made much of an impact against OKC either (aside of like one RS game), he was great against Memphis, and that's pretty much it. The Spurs need to tailor their team to beat OKC/MIA, not Memphis. Shed the dead weight and find somebody that works against those teams.

If either Manu/Neal return they'll just hurt the team once again and take shots away from Leonard who needs to be given the green light, given much more responsibility on offense.

T Park
06-22-2013, 03:27 AM
If they stay healthy and reload the roster and Kawhi Green and Joseph improve I see no one better in the West at this point.

T Park
06-22-2013, 03:28 AM
People not wanting Manu back are just nutso.

venitian navigator
06-22-2013, 03:29 AM
We need to re-sign Tiago cause he already knows the system and teams with two power bigs, like Lakers and Memphis, are always there...but imho he needs to work a lot with Chip to develop an outside shoot. He's so good at playng pick and roll that if he develops a little shoot (in europe he used to shoot a lot more than in usa) he could became a real weapon also agaist small ball teams.

siraulo23
06-22-2013, 04:14 AM
It was a great season, an amazing one, unforgettable but just a disappointing end

With that said Im glad bball season is over, most spurs fans need a break imo, then ready to support and cheer the rest of duncan's career come october/november:)

Two things Im looking forward to the most:
- Can Tim Duncan repeat his play this season + POs?
- Kawhi MF Leonard, he looked like an all star in game 7, blowing by james and getting to the rim and finishing... we'll see how much more involved he is gonna be on the offensive end
The only thing holding him is his knee, if it holds up he'll have a pretty good career

unforeseen
06-22-2013, 04:45 AM
OP needs a dose of reality.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/heat_fusion/yOGVQtG_zps0b356e94.gif

Pako
06-22-2013, 04:57 AM
Looking forward for kawh next season...i still think we will be contending next season...also, looking forward for bynes..

Vash StampedE
06-22-2013, 06:27 AM
I'm very happy that I'm sharing the enthusiasm with my fellow Spurs fans regarding our team's future despite what just happened. I really hope that Tim Duncan can replicate the season that just passed. But if not, I'm okay with him contributing solid numbers. I can't ask more from what Duncan had given us and the team last season.

But I think the real key for us making it further than what we reached last season (by that, I mean the Spurs winning the championship), is Kawhi becoming a better offensive player and for Pop to give him a bigger role in the team's offense. He should become the 2nd, if not the 1st option in our offense.

SpurYank
06-22-2013, 08:00 AM
For Spurs7794: I identify with your thoughts. However, being engaged with the Spurs, and this forum, served as a nice distraction away from other issues in my life. I think I learned (grew?) just expressing myself and/or reading the thoughts of others. Involvement in supporting a sports franchise has become a cherished American past time. Through Facebook I am involved with many, many others who also support the Spurs. I can't for next year because I have so many questions that are sure to be answered. In the meantime, I am now following the Nationals and will support the Cowboys come September. Then we will start all over again. Life is great! Thanks for being there, San Antonio Spurs!

mudyez
06-22-2013, 12:11 PM

Same feeling, but remembering the good moments (getting the first pick, winning the ships, winning single important games) and knowing we are in this together when things go bad tells me its totally worth it!

And even now: There are not many Spurs fans around me (Germany) but everyone knows I'm hardcore. Every time I meat someone (the players on my team etc.) they tell me how great the Spurs are and that they feel bad for me. One of our toughest dudes even hugged me all of a sudden without any prior emotions from me. Knowing that the team gained a lot of respect and receives a lot of love even though they didn't win is better than not beeing hardcore.

TXstbobcat
06-22-2013, 12:24 PM

i understand how you feel. After watching 82 regular season games and so many playoff games that had my heart racing a mile a minute, I kind need a break from watching basketball. But give it a few months and I will be ordering league pass and looking forward to the start of the spurs season.

HEBsteaks
06-22-2013, 12:32 PM
I'm excited as well. Most of the Spurs depth is pretty young and inexperienced, and they will be more ready to play next season. If Baynes plays well, he can be a big factor with Tim Duncan. Minutes are important, and if he can handle his own for 10+ minutes, that alone would be HUGE for TD. A combo of TD and Baynes on the court at the same time? Could be interesting. Splitter needs to improve, I like his quickness and overall ability, but he needs to get better and clean up his game, especially when trying to create a shot on his own. One thing I noticed, maybe a part of his rebound issues, it seemed like he would go into spectator mode instead of fighting for position or being active. We saw his potential many times, I hope he can reach it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIhUp1g5QXs I don't know why he just started to fall apart. Confidence or frustration?

CoJo needs to improve and be a solid back up to Tony. He has great potential with his speed/quickness, effort, defense, is good finisher at the rim and has a decent jump shot, but what I love most is a quality he DOESN'T share with Tony, he is more than willing to be a play maker by passing the ball. His biggest spot of improvement will be creating shots for himself and others. We have seen him do it. but the Spurs are going to need it against starters and good defenses. He can become a complete player. Same with De Colo and Mills. I want see what he can bring.

A healthy and improved Kawhi? Wow. It was only his 2nd year! He is already playing great and is "complete player", and what I mean by that, is he can play on Offense and Defense. The Spurs don't have many of those. Now all he has to do is improve his game. I would love to see him develop a jump shot or be more consistent with his 3pt shots, but I think his strength is near the hoop, and if he can work on driving and work on some moves at the rim, he could be a monster. Especially next to a big(TD or Baynes) as those 2 alone could grab all the rebounds or put it back in. He needs to work on dribbling the ball, but he has already improved a lot! Kawhi kind of looks like a player who can play and score ANYWHERE on the court, like most superstars do. I don't know if he will ever reach that status, but I know he has the smarts, instinct and work ethic to reach it. Love this guy.

Green. If the Finals had a sign of anything positive, then hopefully we can say Green upped his 3pt game and became consistent. Now, he has to work hard on a few things. Especially dribbling, driving and finishing at the rim. If he can shoot great at 3pt land and then pull it down and burn them when they close in too fast, he could become a monster as well. He had MANY clear lanes and shots at the rim that he just completely messed up.

I know Kawhi needs to heal up, but I would love to see all the younger guys(Kawhi, Green, CoJo, De Colo, Mills, Splitter, Baynes) get together and just challenge each other to improve defense, dribbling, offensive moves and whatever else. Player organized practices and challenges. Extra effort needed to go to the next level. This team might not get another "Big 3" like they have now, but I think the team as a whole has a chance to be just a great. These young players have a great "Big 3" to learn from.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm excited as well. Most of the Spurs depth is pretty young and inexperienced, and they will be more ready to play next season. If Baynes plays well, he can be a big factor with Tim Duncan. Minutes are important, and if he can handle his own for 10+ minutes, that alone would be HUGE for TD. A combo of TD and Baynes on the court at the same time? Could be interesting. Splitter needs to improve, I like his quickness and overall ability, but he needs to get better and clean up his game, especially when trying to create a shot on his own. One thing I noticed, maybe a part of his rebound issues, it seemed like he would go into spectator mode instead of fighting for position or being active. We saw his potential many times, I hope he can reach it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIhUp1g5QXs I don't know why he just started to fall apart. Confidence or frustration?

CoJo needs to improve and be a solid back up to Tony. He has great potential with his speed/quickness, effort, defense, is good finisher at the rim and has a decent jump shot, but what I love most is a quality he DOESN'T share with Tony, he is more than willing to be a play maker by passing the ball. His biggest spot of improvement will be creating shots for himself and others. We have seen him do it. but the Spurs are going to need it against starters and good defenses. He can become a complete player. Same with De Colo and Mills. I want see what he can bring.

A healthy and improved Kawhi? Wow. It was only his 2nd year! He is already playing great and is "complete player", and what I mean by that, is he can play on Offense and Defense. The Spurs don't have many of those. Now all he has to do is improve his game. I would love to see him develop a jump shot or be more consistent with his 3pt shots, but I think his strength is near the hoop, and if he can work on driving and work on some moves at the rim, he could be a monster. Especially next to a big(TD or Baynes) as those 2 alone could grab all the rebounds or put it back in. He needs to work on dribbling the ball, but he has already improved a lot! Kawhi kind of looks like a player who can play and score ANYWHERE on the court, like most superstars do. I don't know if he will ever reach that status, but I know he has the smarts, instinct and work ethic to reach it. Love this guy.

Green. If the Finals had a sign of anything positive, then hopefully we can say Green upped his 3pt game and became consistent. Now, he has to work hard on a few things. Especially dribbling, driving and finishing at the rim. If he can shoot great at 3pt land and then pull it down and burn them when they close in too fast, he could become a monster as well. He had MANY clear lanes and shots at the rim that he just completely messed up.

I know Kawhi needs to heal up, but I would love to see all the younger guys(Kawhi, Green, CoJo, De Colo, Mills, Splitter, Baynes) get together and just challenge each other to improve defense, dribbling, offensive moves and whatever else. Player organized practices and challenges. Extra effort needed to go to the next level. This team might not get another "Big 3" like they have now, but I think the team as a whole has a chance to be just a great. These young players have a great "Big 3" to learn from.Don't include Manu as part of the "Big 3" anymore. Michael Wilbon said it best after Game 7 that "Kawhi Leonard now replaced Manu as par of the 'Big 3'' and I'm paraphrasing btw.

HEBsteaks
06-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Don't include Manu as part of the "Big 3" anymore. Michael Wilbon said it best after Game 7 that "Kawhi Leonard now replaced Manu as par of the 'Big 3'' and I'm paraphrasing btw.

As it stand now, I completely agree with that, but I wasn't sure how to look at "The Big 3". Should we replace players in the current Big 3, as when I think of that, it had always been the name for Tim, Tony and Manu. Kawhi and Tim Duncan were the only 2 to consistently show up and pull their weight in the Finals.

therealtruth
06-22-2013, 02:15 PM
I just don't want Tiago/Manu/Neal back. Tiago is ineffective against MIA, I don't think he made much of an impact against OKC either (aside of like one RS game), he was great against Memphis, and that's pretty much it. The Spurs need to tailor their team to beat OKC/MIA, not Memphis. Shed the dead weight and find somebody that works against those teams.

You've got to be able to beat both types of teams. There was no reason to abandon Tiago. The Warriors played small ball and we probably don't beat them without him.

DubMcDub
06-22-2013, 05:49 PM
I am a huge Spurs fan but I agree with you fully there. Tap the brakes, no guarantees and 85% sure? Naw man not yet. I give them a decent % but sure as hell not 85%.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I think reports of the Spurs' demise are grossly exaggerated. I see them as a WCF contender next year, minimum. Could be even better. But 85% is preposterous.

What's your bro Mark Cuban got up his sleeves this offseason?

Probably nothing of consequence. Another .500 or so season.

JingleJangleJingle
06-22-2013, 05:53 PM
yeah the west is so fucking wide open right now.

dallasmaverickslose
06-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I think reports of the Spurs' demise are grossly exaggerated. I see them as a WCF contender next year, minimum. Could be even better. But 85% is preposterous.

Probably nothing of consequence. Another .500 or so season.

It's too bad they didn't keep that 2011 championship squad together. As much as I despise the Mavs, I actually had quite a bit of respect and admiration for yalls championship team.

DubMcDub
06-22-2013, 05:57 PM
It's too bad they didn't keep that 2011 championship squad together. As much as I despise the Mavs, I actually had quite a bit of respect and admiration for yalls championship team.

It was a great team. A true team. A lot like this year's Spurs squad, in fact.

dallasmaverickslose
06-22-2013, 05:59 PM
It was a great team. A true team. A lot like this year's Spurs squad, in fact.

And I thank you for sticking it to Queen James. I was rooting hard for yall.

palangi
06-22-2013, 06:05 PM

I know Kawhi needs to heal up, but I would love to see all the younger guys(Kawhi, Green, CoJo, De Colo, Mills, Splitter, Baynes) get together and just challenge each other to improve defense, dribbling, offensive moves and whatever else. Player organized practices and challenges. Extra effort needed to go to the next level. This team might not get another "Big 3" like they have now, but I think the team as a whole has a chance to be just a great. These young players have a great "Big 3" to learn from.
I would like to see danny green develop a tear drop like tony parker. that way he doesn't ave to get all the way to the basket, but could get close enough after teams close on him to get 5-10' from the hoop and then shoot the floater.

DubMcDub
06-22-2013, 06:06 PM
And I thank you for sticking it to Queen James. I was rooting hard for yall.

:toast

palangi
06-22-2013, 06:10 PM
never thought i would say this....but...I would cheer for the lakers over the heat.

Sean Cagney
06-22-2013, 06:11 PM

You guys owed the Heat for that 06 crap man, honestly. I am sure DIRK saw that uni and his eyes turned red because of that lost opportunity! Terry as well. Extra motivation knowing you blew your only finals appearance to an inferior team you had beat and then you get another shot!

I wish James of this year was like the one in 011 though! He grew some since then and got alot more confident, in those games in the 4th he looks scared and passive, I think the GOLD medal and last years title gave him that much more confidence.
never thought i would say this....but...I would cheer for the lakers over the heat.

ANYDAY of the week, some LA fans cheered for the Spurs in the finals infact.