PDA

View Full Version : Nando = Future of the Spurs

PlayNando
06-22-2013, 01:33 AM
The haters will become believers...

Nando will turn heads next year...

Nando has the play-making skills to make things happen. He and Kawhi will lead the Spurs to the promised land next year......

Believe in Nando and his play-making abilities. He reminds me of Manu...

Play Nando.........

Are you listening, Pop?

BatManu20
06-22-2013, 01:34 AM
Lol no. Is this playblair's alternate account?

dallasmaverickslose
06-22-2013, 01:35 AM
Entire Austin Toros roster = Future of the Spurs

TheGoldStandard
06-22-2013, 01:39 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2v1sri0.jpg

mrjap2x
06-22-2013, 02:11 AM
playblair is that you?

Boomersgold
06-22-2013, 02:23 AM
Lol no. Is this playblair's alternate account?

Isn't playblair a huge Cojo fanatic?

exstatic
06-22-2013, 07:04 AM
Nando's future is in Europe, and his endorsement deals will be for feminine hygiene products.

PlayNando
06-22-2013, 10:42 AM
Nando's future is in Europe, and his endorsement deals will be for feminine hygiene products.
No, Nando's future is as the starting point guard and heir of Tony Parker in San Antonio. Nando is a great player and should have gotten the backup PG nod this year, but Pop hates French players (just look at how he treated Parker until he beat the French out of him when he married Eva ... Speedy Claxton? Seriously?...) and has an ax to grind against Nando's ass, hence the hatred displayed by Pop. Pop cost us the title this year by screwing Nando out of the job and, as a result, Turnobili reared its ugly head as Manu was forced to play out of position. Pop knew Cojo didn't have the capacity to really have the backup job, yet he went with him, anyways. Screw Pop!!!

Nando is a great player. We saw this in the regular season match against the Heat. The haters will become believers. Play Nando............

PLAY NANDO.............

Nando = X-Factor 2013-2014.

dallasmaverickslose
06-22-2013, 10:44 AM
For the love of God let this thread DIE already!

dbestpro
06-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Nando has skills, but he needs to redo that jump shot. If he had Green's jump shot he would be the solution. I do think it would be easier to teach Nando to shoot better, than it will to teach Green how to put the ball on the floor and pass.

Kidd K
06-22-2013, 10:58 AM
I don't agree. Nando's sloppy ballhandling reminds me of the bed-shitting version of Manu. Dribbling a little, whoops I'm falling over. Try to recover, whoops I threw the ball too far behind my back, now I'll run after it. Dude comes for the steal, redirect dribble and WHOOPS throw it out of bounds -OR-, force a pass right into the defense for a live turnover. That's basically 1/3rd of Nando possessions.

I do not want anybody like that handling the ball for my team. Unless he can drastically improve his ballhandling, then no thank you x10. Nando doesn't even look like a real PG.

Corey Joseph is a lot more crisp with the ball. He looks like a real point guard when he's handling the ball. He also needs to improve a lot, but at least he's safe to use NOW. He's also a lot younger. Nando is mega sloppy and more than 4 years older.

Notes:

Nando is already 26 and still mega sloppy. He's no longer a prospect, he's a suspect.

Joseph is still 2 months away from 22 and already a better ballhandler who has a few years left to improve.

Just say NO to Nando. If we go with him, we're setting ourselves up for mediocrity.

dbestpro
06-22-2013, 11:01 AM
I don't agree. I do not want anybody like that handling the ball for my team. Unless he can drastically improve his ballhandling, then no thank you x10. Nando doesn't even look like a real PG.

Not looking at Nando as a PG, but rather what he could bring to the SG role with an imrpoved jump shot. Green has zero going to the basket game. Neal can attack the basket, but has zero passing game. You don't need PG skills at SG, but we do need more than a one dimensional player.

dallasmaverickslose
06-22-2013, 11:11 AM
I don't think Nano has a whole lot of upside. Joseph is definitely the better option to develop as the primary back-up pointguard

Kidd K
06-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Not looking at Nando as a PG, but rather what he could bring to the SG role with an imrpoved jump shot. Green has zero going to the basket game. Neal can attack the basket, but has zero passing game. You don't need PG skills at SG, but we do need more than a one dimensional player.

He's a slow-shooting player with rash decision making and rarely seemed to do much more than stand there when he didn't have the ball. I don't see how he can suddenly be a good SG when he doesn't really have the game for it.

And yeah you do need PG skills at SG. It's important to have the extra dimension on a team filled with catch and shoot role players. We cannot have only the PG being able to make a play anymore. If Nando actually had good SG skills, I would almost be inclined to say well his ball handling is almost good enough to consider using him that way, but his SG skills are even worse than his PG skills imo. I'm just not seeing it from that guy.

It's only been one year, but he's 26 right NOW. . .by time the season starts he'll be 26 1/2 almost. It's getting extremely late to still consider this guy a prospect. If he does not immediately look good next year, there is no point in keeping him around anymore. We need to either go in with Joseph, sign a free agent PG/SG, or trade up and try to find someone better.

Nando's ceiling imo is backup PG on a lottery team. Not future primary PG for us or even backup for us. Talk about low standards.

Two10Whitey
06-22-2013, 11:14 AM
CoJo is where it's at. I believe Nando told the media he wasn't happy on the bench. If Manu retires, I'm sure Pop will give him some minutes.

Johnny RIngo
06-22-2013, 11:25 AM
I don't think I've ever seen this guy ever play a great game - international, Europe, or NBA. Just a waste of a roster spot. One of the many international flops for the Spurs FO. The only bright side is that he wasn't a first rounder.

Ibleedslvrnblk
06-22-2013, 11:30 AM
I actually woke up this morning thinking the exact thing. Nando, Tmac, Joseph all next year. Tmac will get a year from the start with the team to get used to the system, I think that is why they brought him in. Too many people here start calling for heads if a player does not rip it up and become an allstar in their first year with the team. This team builds and does not rush. It is called development! Same with Baynes. Or maybe we should just trade away everything and go spend a ton of money to win one championship and then be torn apart in a year after that. Just like the rest of the league does...

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2013, 11:50 AM
I don't agree. Nando's sloppy ballhandling reminds me of the bed-shitting version of Manu. Dribbling a little, whoops I'm falling over. Try to recover, whoops I threw the ball too far behind my back, now I'll run after it. Dude comes for the steal, redirect dribble and WHOOPS throw it out of bounds -OR-, force a pass right into the defense for a live turnover. That's basically 1/3rd of Nando possessions.

I do not want anybody like that handling the ball for my team. Unless he can drastically improve his ballhandling, then no thank you x10. Nando doesn't even look like a real PG.

Corey Joseph is a lot more crisp with the ball. He looks like a real point guard when he's handling the ball. He also needs to improve a lot, but at least he's safe to use NOW. He's also a lot younger. Nando is mega sloppy and more than 4 years older.

Notes:

Nando is already 26 and still mega sloppy. He's no longer a prospect, he's a suspect.

Joseph is still 2 months away from 22 and already a better ballhandler who has a few years left to improve.

Just say NO to Nando. If we go with him, we're setting ourselves up for mediocrity.Well said. Can we close this thread now?
I actually woke up this morning thinking the exact thing. Nando, Tmac, Joseph all next year. Tmac will get a year from the start with the team to get used to the system, I think that is why they brought him in. Too many people here start calling for heads if a player does not rip it up and become an allstar in their first year with the team. This team builds and does not rush. It is called development! Same with Baynes. Or maybe we should just trade away everything and go spend a ton of money to win one championship and then be torn apart in a year after that. Just like the rest of the league does...I don't think we can afford and wait to develop players anymore. We have cap space. The clock is ticking for Tim Duncan. FO needs to get him some good help and get him that ring that Manu and Pop gave away to the Heat.

DrunkTXLabrat
06-22-2013, 12:56 PM
i think kawhi = future. nando is like baynes and cojo. i believe in him. i think he will develop nicely. they're better back ups than bonner/blair/neal types. i'd rather have him as the post manu primary backup sg, than anybody else. *although i would possibly prefer vince carter from dallas. brought in with the salary dump #13? he can reunite with tmac, and they can be bench offense that is missed from manu. cojo, carter, tmac, baynes, #13(gobert, dieng, olynyck?) that actually gives diaw/decolo some competition. the french connections vs the aged wonder kin.

about nando. he can pass, we all know that. hopefully he learns a shot and develops defensively. if no carter/tmac reunion. then i'm happy with cojo/decolo backup guards. add in baynes for interior defense and screen man. diaw for swing pass or occasional shot. i kinda see why they're looking at livio-jean charles... maybe they want the bench calling plays in french. an aminu free agency pick up. not french. but would fill out that bench rotation pretty well.

it's a real shame decolo is running his mouth.

MeloHype
06-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Patty > Nando tbh

BackHome
06-22-2013, 02:27 PM
I wanted Nando to work out but with CoJo and with his skill sets I just don't see him getting the playing time that he is going to want. Best thing for both parties would be to try to work out a trade.

AFBlue
06-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Nando is legit...bet he takes a BIG step forward into the rotation next year replacing Neal (and Manu's) minutes? People writing him off in year one have clearly not been Spurs fans for very long...or they're emo bitches a la Nando in that French article.