PDA

View Full Version : OT: Why do we take sports so seriously?

midnightpulp
06-22-2013, 01:50 AM
Objectively speaking, I understand why we do. If you grew up as a fan of a particular team, they become a part of your identity and any success or failure your favorite team experiences is also your success or failure. When your team wins the championship, you get "bragging rights" and a huge self-esteem boost. When your team loses, or worse yet, chokes in dramatic fashion after being so close to delivering their fans that self-esteem boost, it's like quitting a powerful drug cold turkey, resulting in the emotional fallout we've seen on this board over the past 3 days, with posters talking about how game 6 will "haunt them for life." Our own Timvp, who almost died last year, said, "There's no getting over game 6."

Rationally speaking, how silly is it to let the results of a game "haunt you for life?" Especially when you had absolutely zero control over the outcome. I understand the players being haunted, but even then, it's still only a game and meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Manu Ginobili's 8 turnovers and missed game clinching FT didn't improve or worsen the world economy, start a war, or cure cancer. Nor did they did kill your spouse, child, or pet. They lost a fucking basketball game that 99.9% of the population couldn't give a shit about.

Sports should be fun to watch above all else, which they usually are. Their outcomes should in no way dictate your mood, sense of self-worth, or outlook on life.

Nothing about sports should "haunt us," an epic loss like game 6 should be celebrated as great drama that illustrates how mercurial life is rather than emotionally devastate the fanbase who was on the losing end.

There's real tragedy that can haunt us, and if game 6 is what is currently haunting your mind, consider yourself pretty damn lucky.

elmanutres
06-22-2013, 01:57 AM
sports is secondary to life. but still, sometimes it's our gateway to get away from our real problems in the real world at least for a moment. many of us become emotionally invested and it's hard but while it sucks losing a finals, it's worse dealing with real life. I saw the spurs lost the finals and my dog died this morning, i'm a hardcore spurs fan and i'm more sad at my dog dying today than the spurs losing, though the spurs losing still bothers me.

irishock
06-22-2013, 02:04 AM
agree tbh... here in vancouver we destroy the city over some game where you put pucks in the net. lol.

worst moment of my sports life was the 2003 Detroit Tigers season :lol still remember coming back down 8-0 to beat the Twins 9-8... narrowly avoiding the worst record in baseball history.

fuck Dmitri Young

DeadlyDynasty
06-22-2013, 02:30 AM
I was 4 when my old man put a football in my hands...I can't imagine not having the NFL to look forward to every year. Opening Sunday is better than Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, and every other day combined. Sad, but true. It stems from a link to fam and friends and good times.

For me, sports are a gateway to memories. "What was I doing in 2002? Oh yeah, that's when the Lakers were finishing up their 3-peat...I was a soph in college then." Poor example, but whatev

whitemamba
06-22-2013, 02:34 AM
Ive loved sports since i was an child, basketball being my main, but other sports as well. Professional sports are amazing because if you play them, you respect how hard it is to do what the pros do. You love teams because you grow up around that atmosphere. Its amazing what these guys do, im so envious and entertained when i watch pro athletes do their thing, every laker loss is painful, and this season was one of the worst if not the worst. I love my fucking Lake Show either way though.

midnightpulp
06-22-2013, 02:44 AM
I was 4 when my old man put a football in my hands...I can't imagine not having the NFL to look forward to every year. Opening Sunday is better than Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, and every other day combined. Sad, but true. It stems from a link to fam and friends and good times.

For me, sports are a gateway to memories. "What was I doing in 2002? Oh yeah, that's when the Lakers were finishing up their 3-peat...I was a soph in college then." Poor example, but whatev

Your perspective interests me greatly here, because considering what you do for a living, I know you seen some shit and there's probably some things that haunt you, so anyone saying they'll be haunted for life over a game must get a chuckle out of you.

midnightpulp
06-22-2013, 02:50 AM
Ive loved sports since i was an child, basketball being my main, but other sports as well. Professional sports are amazing because if you play them, you respect how hard it is to do what the pros do. You love teams because you grow up around that atmosphere. Its amazing what these guys do, im so envious and entertained when i watch pro athletes do their thing, every laker loss is painful, and this season was one of the worst if not the worst. I love my fucking Lake Show either way though.

Probably the worst for Laker fan since the announcement. Not because of the underachieving, but losing a legend like Kobe to a possible career ender is actually, when you think about it, worse than losing a game 6. If Kobe doesn't bounce back, there will be an eternal "what if" concerning him and if he could've won another championship.

whitemamba
06-22-2013, 02:54 AM
Probably the worst for Laker fan since the announcement. Not because of the underachieving, but losing a legend like Kobe to a possible career ender is actually, when you think about it, worse than losing a game 6. If Kobe doesn't bounce back, there will be an eternal "what if" concerning him and if he could've won another championship.

As a fan, I really dont want to see him go out like that, but I am bracing for the worst. This season was doomed before it began, lakers were majorly over hyped, and credit to you tbh. Lets just see what that sensitive pussy is going to do so we can get on with our shit.

DeadlyDynasty
06-22-2013, 02:57 AM
Your perspective interests me greatly here, because considering what you do for a living, I know you seen some shit and there's probably some things that haunt you, so anyone saying they'll be haunted for life over a game must get a chuckle out of you.
You become numb to most of that stuff after awhile. Bad burn patients, certain suicides, and SIDS babies are the only thing that register with me now. When you enter the profession it's because you want to help people. Soon enough you become jaded and start to hate people, and welcome the escape sports brings

midnightpulp
06-22-2013, 03:02 AM
You become numb to most of that stuff after awhile. Bad burn patients, certain suicides, and SIDS babies are the only thing that register with me now. When you enter the profession it's because you want to help people. Soon enough you become jaded and start to hate people, and welcome the escape sports brings

You deserve that Bills Superbowl, brother.

DeadlyDynasty
06-22-2013, 03:05 AM
You deserve that Bills Superbowl, brother.
I'm resigned to the fact that it'll be the Los Angeles Bills who finally win it, though.

midnightpulp
06-22-2013, 03:08 AM
As a fan, I really dont want to see him go out like that, but I am bracing for the worst. This season was doomed before it began, lakers were majorly over hyped, and credit to you tbh. Lets just see what that sensitive pussy is going to do so we can get on with our shit.

And in the interest of disclosure, one of the reasons we, well me anyway, was happy to see Kobe go down was not out spite or wanting to see him get hurt, but it removed the threat of the Lakers upsetting the Spurs in the 1st round. Trust me, the Lakers beating the Spurs as a 7th seed led by Kobe would've done way more emotional damage to this fanbase than game 6 and harmed the legacy of the Duncan-era Spurs.

jimbo
06-22-2013, 05:16 AM
:rollin

Spurs losing causing a mid life crisis

Thread
06-22-2013, 06:06 AM
You're still a taker, Midst. You won't line up with them, or, without them at loss. Why? Simple, it's too painful.

This is why at wholesale:::Spurs Fan is a piss pot winner. At victory Thursday nite that would not have changed. Yes, you'd be 5-5 Duncan over the tired old shit bag Kobe.

You won't be bleed at loss. You won't get down into the (misery) that Bosh talked about with your people at loss. Usually you/Spurs Fan deflects with officating, injury, scheduling, outrageous fortunte, etc., but, this time you bypass that out of some thread of decency and ease on down into denial and you turn your back on the suffering that I can assure you Duncan, Pop, et al are experiencing. Just because Media has not & will not drag them thru the streets for days & nights don't mean they do not suffer. If you won't get down and suffer with them now then you're just a piss pot winner, a taker.

I didn't have to be told Thursday nite that Magic Johnson's biggest regret was '84. I didn't need Media to tell me that. I knew it 29 years ago. Duncan, Pop, et al were fortunate,,,I suppose. They didn't get laughed at on national television. Just the opposite, they were feted at total loss. Treated like kings, like victors. Hopefully, they learned nothing. Magic, at '84, in the trough of total loss learned everything. & so did I.

Media has provided a soft seat for the Spurs to fall back in. Your Boston (Miami) in association with Media didn't humiliate you at loss. They just beat you. If Magic had not been humiliated 29 years ago 28 years ago he'd not have risen and extracted a vengeance that never faltered. But, I didn't know that 29 years ago. It never occurred to me to deflect that misery though. So when Johnson looked left I was standing there, not for what was was to come a year later, but, for what had transpired a moment before.

midnightpulp
06-22-2013, 06:33 AM
You're still a taker, Midst. You won't line up with them, or, without them at loss. Why? Simple, it's too painful.

This is why at wholesale:::Spurs Fan is a piss pot winner. At victory Thursday nite that would not have changed. Yes, you'd be 5-5 Duncan over the tired old shit bag Kobe.

You won't be bleed at loss. You won't get down into the (misery) that Bosh talked about with your people at loss. Usually you/Spurs Fan deflects with officating, injury, scheduling, outrageous fortunte, etc., but, this time you bypass that out of some thread of decency and ease on down into denial and you turn your back on the suffering that I can assure you Duncan, Pop, et al are experiencing. Just because Media has not & will not drag them thru the streets for days & nights don't mean they do not suffer. If you won't get down and suffer with them now then you're just a piss pot winner, a taker.

I didn't have to be told Thursday nite that Magic Johnson's biggest regret was '84. I didn't need Media to tell me that. I knew it 29 years ago. Duncan, Pop, et al were fortunate,,,I suppose. They didn't get laughed at on national television. Just the opposite, they were feted at total loss. Treated like kings, like victors. Hopefully, they learned nothing. Magic, at '84, in the trough of total loss learned everything. & so did I.

Media has provided a soft seat for the Spurs to fall back in. Your Boston (Miami) in association with Media didn't humiliate you at loss. They just beat you. If Magic had not been humiliated 29 years ago 28 years ago he'd not have risen and extracted a vengeance that never faltered. But, I didn't know that 29 years ago. It never occurred to me to deflect that misery though. So when Johnson looked left I was standing there, not for what was was to come a year later, but, for what had transpired a moment before.

Why should sports be painful? For the players and coaches, I understand. But how is the fan supposed to "get down into the misery" with the players and coaches when they had no influence over the outcome of the game? If I was coaching, Duncan is never pulled, I put my best freethrow lineup on the floor so I don't burden Leonard, 21 years old about to win his first championship, 66% freethrow shooter in the playoffs, and probably scared to death, with making those game clinching freethrows, and I intentional foul to put them on the line. I'm not going to bear the cross for Popovich's fuckups and beat myself up as if I did it. On the other hand, if they win, I don't get a ring, a million dollar contract, or the adulation. I just feel happy, simple as that. And when they lose, I feel angry and disappointed, simple as that.

I understand your line of reasoning, that sports fans don't want to put equal energy into the happiness of a win and the heartbreak of a loss, which you feel makes a fan undeserving when their team comes through for them. I didn't sleep for near 48 hours after game 6. It depressed me. How much "suffering" do you require a fanbase to give to their team to shed the "piss pot winner" label?

And I think you're too concerned about the media's handling of things. Who cares what they have to say?

The reason Media soft-seated the Spurs is because if they admitted the Spurs choked and gave one away, it takes some of the luster off James' win.

Thread
06-22-2013, 06:37 AM
Why should sports be painful? For the players and coaches, I understand. But how is the fan supposed to "get down into the misery" with the players and coaches when they had no influence over the outcome of the game? If I was coaching, Duncan is never pulled, I put my best freethrow lineup on the floor so I don't burden Leonard, 21 years old about to win his first championship, 66% freethrow shooter in the playoffs, and probably scared to death, with making those game clinching freethrows, and I intentional foul to put them on the line. I'm not going to bear the cross for Popovich's fuckups and beat myself up as if I did it. On the other hand, if they win, I don't get a ring, a million dollar contract, or the adulation when they win. I just feel happy, simple as that. And when they lose, I feel angry and disappointed, simple as that.

I understand your line of reasoning, that sports fans don't want to put equal energy into the happiness of a win and the heartbreak of a loss, which you feel makes a fan undeserving when their team comes through for them. I didn't sleep for near 48 hours after game 6. It depressed me. How much "suffering" do you require a fanbase to give to their team to shed the "piss pot winner" label?

And I think you're too concerned about the media's handling of things. Who cares what they have to say?

The reason Media soft-seated the Spurs is because if they admitted the Spurs choked and gave one away, it takes some of the luster off James' win.

I'll answer this later, Midst. I'm going back to couch.

Legacy
06-22-2013, 06:42 AM
So Miami is The Spurs' Boston now?? AWESOME! Then this shit has JUST begun!! :ihit:ihit :ihit

midnightpulp
06-22-2013, 06:51 AM
So Miami is The Spurs' Boston now?? AWESOME! Then this shit has JUST begun!! :ihit:ihit :ihit

If Duncan and Manu were 5 years younger, this would've become a great rivalry.

NBA is still salivating over Durant vs. James, though. So we were basically the '86 Houston Rockets. An intermission after the 1st act of the James vs. Durant saga.

LnGrrrR
06-22-2013, 06:54 AM
Because you are invested. If you aren't invested emotionally, you don't get the highs. I still think about Asante Samuel dropping that easy interception, what if Welker makes that catch, what if we get a damn rebound Game 7, about Tim Wakefield being the goat against Aaron Boone, about Manning coming back to beat us, about Champ Bailey taking back an int for a TD when it should have been a touchback due to Watson's hustle, and so many more.

But I remember the good times too, the Bruschi snow celebration, Brady being amazed at winning the SB in 01, KG and Pierce winning in LA and all the battle he has had with Lebron, Marchand punching the Sedin twins and Horton burying game winners, and of course Big Papi, Manny, Pedro. You can't have the ups without the downs. And when the downs happen (like they might with the Bruins), you just remind yourself that you still have a great family, food and shelter. That overall, it doesn't really make a difference.

But, in some real way, it does make a difference losing, and it sucks. And it's not the blowouts that haunt; its the close games, the "if my team had just grabbed one rebound or made one more catch" that really stick with us.

midnightpulp
06-22-2013, 07:10 AM
Because you are invested. If you aren't invested emotionally, you don't get the highs. I still think about Asante Samuel dropping that easy interception, what if Welker makes that catch, what if we get a damn rebound Game 7, about Tim Wakefield being the goat against Aaron Boone, about Manning coming back to beat us, about Champ Bailey taking back an int for a TD when it should have been a touchback due to Watson's hustle, and so many more.

But I remember the good times too, the Bruschi snow celebration, Brady being amazed at winning the SB in 01, KG and Pierce winning in LA and all the battle he has had with Lebron, Marchand punching the Sedin twins and Horton burying game winners, and of course Big Papi, Manny, Pedro. You can't have the ups without the downs. And when the downs happen (like they might with the Bruins), you just remind yourself that you still have a great family, food and shelter. That overall, it doesn't really make a difference.

But, in some real way, it does make a difference losing, and it sucks. And it's not the blowouts that haunt; its the close games, the "if my team had just grabbed one rebound or made one more catch" that really stick with us.

My point exactly.

Game 6 did "crush me," but I'm not going to "get down in the misery" for very long, since I doubt the players are either. Probably already looking forward to next season and how they can get back to the Finals and hopefully give themselves a shot at redemption.

I thought Boone's walk off would destroy the "Idiot" era Red Sox, but a year later, they redeemed themselves in the most epic way imaginable.

But if this is how the Duncan-era ends, so be it. You hate for an era to end on a epic failure, but for most professional players, they usually do.

LnGrrrR
06-22-2013, 07:33 AM
Yeah, but it still sucks, and you will still think about it, even decades later. That's just how sports fans are. I will say that sports losses have affected me slightly less since I have kids now. Easier to see what's really important :)

midnightpulp
06-22-2013, 07:46 AM
Yeah, but it still sucks, and you will still think about it, even decades later. That's just how sports fans are. I will say that sports losses have affected me slightly less since I have kids now. Easier to see what's really important :)

I still think about Hakeem undressing Admiral.

Luckily for me, I haven't had to endure any of Bill Simmons' Level 1 "Stomach Punch" heartbreakers being a fan of the Dodgers, Raiders, and Spurs.

Closest I came with the Dodgers was Matt Stairs' shot in the '08 NLCS, which was tame by baseball standards, compared to the '86 World Series, Jose Mesa, Bartman, Boone's walk off, and the Rangers' collapse.

Raiders, it was the Tuck Bowl against your Pats, but knowing the Raiders would've probably gotten obliterated by the Rams (if they made it past the Steelers) soothes the pain of that loss.

Game 6 was a bitch, but thankfully the Spurs have 4 titles, which lessens the sting quite a lot.

AchillesHeel
06-22-2013, 07:46 AM
Sports are a big part of my life and that Game 6 loss hit me hard, but then again I remind myself that it could be worse, I could be a Bobcats or a Wizards fan. Those guys will probably be stuck in mediocrity for a while, John Wall is no Chris Paul, Kemba Walker is no Tony Parker.

midnightpulp
06-22-2013, 07:49 AM
Sports are a big part of my life and that Game 6 loss hit me hard, but then again I remind myself that it could be worse, I could be a Bobcats or a Wizards fan. Those guys will probably be stuck in mediocrity for a while, John Wall is no Chris Paul, Kemba Walker is no Tony Parker.

Funny enough, being a fan of a shit franchise isn't really painful because of the low expectations.

Now being a fan of the Phoenix Suns, Utah Jazz, and pre-2011 Dallas Mavericks is the definition of torture.

AussieFanKurt
06-22-2013, 07:59 AM
because sports are earliest memories and thus so much time is invested in them

AussieFanKurt
06-22-2013, 08:08 AM
ps are you going to kill yourself mid

AchillesHeel
06-22-2013, 08:10 AM
Funny enough, being a fan of a shit franchise isn't really painful because of the low expectations.

Now being a fan of the Phoenix Suns, Utah Jazz, and pre-2011 Dallas Mavericks is the definition of torture.

True, but imagine being a Wizards fan from DC(shithole), no titles since 78, Gilbert Arenas peaking for one season and blowing his knee out the next one, never being same again, trading for shitbag Rashard Lewis, John Wall developing very slowly and being injured all the time, ceiling being a 50-win team with no chance of contention for years to come.

We as Spurs fans should be happy about our situation, we've witnessed 4 title runs in the past 2 decades and made the Finals and played a tough series, we were arguably the best team in the NBA this season, who just had some bad luck and didn't win the championship. We're one good FA away from making another deep postseason run next year.

Legacy
06-22-2013, 08:25 AM
If Duncan and Manu were 5 years younger, this would've become a great rivalry.

NBA is still salivating over Durant vs. James, though. So we were basically the '86 Houston Rockets. An intermission after the 1st act of the James vs. Durant saga.

But it all didn't work out according to The NBA's plans did it? Harden got traded. Westbrook got injured, and the rest is history. Our young guns have even more experience underneath their belt... and who knows what could happen to the team next season. Not that I'm thinking that far ahead, but I'm just saying... I think that there may be something here... we've definitely proved ourselves this year, imo. :D

Thread
06-22-2013, 10:49 AM
True, but imagine being a Wizards fan from DC(shithole), no titles since 78, Gilbert Arenas peaking for one season and blowing his knee out the next one, never being same again, trading for shitbag Rashard Lewis, John Wall developing very slowly and being injured all the time, ceiling being a 50-win team with no chance of contention for years to come.

We as Spurs fans should be happy about our situation, we've witnessed 4 title runs in the past 2 decades and made the Finals and played a tough series, we were arguably the best team in the NBA this season, who just had some "bad luck" and "didn't win the championship." We're one good FA away from making another deep postseason run next year.

"bad luck" my ass. Your coach fucked up. That is why you "didn't win the championship." Don't even try rewriting this, Ach. Ain't gonna happen. Not on my watch. We're not going to sugarcoat this either. This is forever.

And you know it.

Let us proceed...

midnightpulp
06-22-2013, 11:01 AM
"bad luck" my ass. Your coach fucked up. That is why you "didn't win the championship." Don't even try rewriting this, Ach. Ain't gonna happen. Not on my watch. We're not going to sugarcoat this either. This is forever.

And you know it.

Let us proceed...

Yes he did.

But do we forsake him?

JoeTait75
06-22-2013, 11:02 AM

There's actually an element of truth to that, tbh. It can become almost comforting to root for bad teams. You can tell yourself that things will be better in two or three years, or at some point in the future. A lot of Cleveland fans are "addicted to the future." They're so used to thinking in terms of a few years down the road that what happens now doesn't matter.

midnightpulp
06-22-2013, 11:12 AM
There's actually an element of truth to that, tbh. It can become almost comforting to root for bad teams. You can tell yourself that things will be better in two or three years, or at some point in the future. A lot of Cleveland fans are "addicted to the future." They're so used to thinking in terms of a few years down the road that what happens now doesn't matter.

Yep. The Gannon-era had me constantly stressed out. So close in 2000. Tuck Bowl in 2001. Made it in 2002, only to play the team that was coached by the guy who built the fuckin' team and knew what Callahan was going to do before he did it.

Now I approach Raider season like I do when I'm going to watch a bad B-movie. Zero expectations that they'll be any good, but the few surprises and laughs I'll be treated to are worth the price of admission.

Thread
06-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Yes he did.

But do we forsake him?

Of course not. If Allen steps on either line front or back it's still over.

You've been touched now. Branded. Scarred. By the facts of Pop's decisions. I would have liked to see Pop dragged thru the shit nationally. Hell, even locally. The guys hear spent yesterday beating Bosh to death. Yeah, can you imagine it? Without Bosh there is no Game 7. It's a centralized thing though. I heartily believe that, just like "real" news is. Maddening.

I wanted to see Pop suffer as I have suffered after similar calamity. I wanted to see Duncan suffer. He's two faced. He's no Boy Scout. He's a fuck. Digging in Howard's ass like that is indicative of the man. It was evil of Duncan. That's the shit Boston used to give us in the '80s. That I recognized like it was yesterday. I wanted to see him bleed. I wanted pounds of San Antonio flesh. There is no satisfaction in seeing "you guys" suffer. I don't know why, but, there just isn't. I'm glad you didn't win. I just hate to see you lose, especially like that. It's too close to home.

Spurs9
06-22-2013, 11:39 AM
I was thinking about this after the loss. What does a championship really mean for the fans? The one ones it really benefits is the players for winning, a ring and extra cash for finals games. The fan's for a team who win or lose don't gain anything other than being able to brag or trash talk.

midnightpulp
06-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Of course not. If Allen steps on either line front or back it's still over.

You've been touched now. Branded. Scarred. By the facts of Pop's decisions. I would have liked to see Pop dragged thru the shit nationally. Hell, even locally. The guys hear spent yesterday beating Bosh to death. Yeah, can you imagine it? Without Bosh there is no Game 7. It's a centralized thing though. I heartily believe that, just like "real" news is. Maddening.

I wanted to see Pop suffer as I have suffered after similar calamity. I wanted to see Duncan suffer. He's two faced. He's no Boy Scout. He's a fuck. Digging in Howard's ass like that is indicative of the man. It was evil of Duncan. That's the shit Boston used to give us in the '80s. That I recognized like it was yesterday. I wanted to see him bleed. I wanted pounds of San Antonio flesh. There is no satisfaction in seeing "you guys" suffer. I don't know why, but, there just isn't. I'm glad you didn't win. I just hate to see you lose, especially like that. It's too close to home.

I don't begrudge you for that.

It's the equivalent of us wanting to see Jackson (after the asterisk) and Shaq (calling the Spurs a WNBA team in '01) suffer.

But when the Spurs dealt the blow in '03, it was Kobe and Fish who shed tears, while Jackson went out waving and smiling, and Shaq was more concerned with Dr. Buss and his contract than showing his heart.

Thread
06-22-2013, 11:48 AM
I was thinking about this after the loss. What does a championship really mean for the fans? The one ones it really benefits is the players for winning, a ring and extra cash for finals games. The fan's for a team who win or lose don't gain anything other than being able to brag or trash talk.

You're not vested. Why? Because you've never lost with your people. You're a piss pot winner, 9.

I'll tell you one thing though:::you'll remember this. You won't remember the other losses set aside from the 4 victories, but, this, you'll remember. '14 would galvanize '13. Nothering will eradicate it. No. '14 would only sharpen it, keenly, drop '13 deeper into the psyche, seal it there, like '85 did for '84. '85 isn't pure like '84 is. '84 I see perfectly. '85 is muddled and a result of '84, an afterbirth of it.

midnightpulp
06-22-2013, 11:53 AM
You're not vested. Why? Because you've never lost with your people. You're a piss pot winner, 9.

I'll tell you one thing though:::you'll remember this. You won't remember the other losses set aside from the 4 victories, but, this, you'll remember. '14 would galvanize '13. Nothering will eradicate it. No. '14 would only sharpen it, keenly, drop '13 deeper into the psyche, seal it there, like '85 did for '84. '85 isn't pure like '84 is. '84 I see perfectly. '85 is muddled and a result of '84, an afterbirth of it.

'84 did that much of a number on you?

Too bad you're no longer an NFL fan.

What was your opinion on 18-1?

Spurs9
06-22-2013, 12:01 PM

The fuck is wrong with your posts, you sound like a psychopath 99% of the time. You can post all the gibberish you want but at the end of the day a championship for a team you like is nothing more than bragging rights. If your entire life revolves around if a team you like wins a title or if you have the power to talk shit for a season to a random person on a forum than you must have a really shitty life. I've been a Spurs fan since I moved here in 95 and always will be. OP summed it up pretty well, but I think you personally have this forum bleed into your personal life and your overall mood. Perhaps one day you will find a hobby that doesn't involve firefox auto refresh at a 5 second interval on Spurstalk. Go ahead and post some more bullshit as a followup to this post, you have already been on ignore since the day you came back. But I thought I'd give myself a chance to see if thread may have not quoted some more bullshit for once, yet I was wrong.

JoeTait75
06-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Yep. The Gannon-era had me constantly stressed out. So close in 2000. Tuck Bowl in 2001. Made it in 2002, only to play the team that was coached by the guy who built the fuckin' team and knew what Callahan was going to do before he did it.

Now I approach Raider season like I do when I'm going to watch a bad B-movie. Zero expectations that they'll be any good, but the few surprises and laughs I'll be treated to are worth the price of admission.

Also, one of the pitfalls of rooting for a loser is that on the few occasions you do win you get "happy to be there syndrome." Like in 2007, IMO the Cavaliers and the city of Cleveland were satisfied with beating the Pistons and just getting to the Finals. Actually winning the title wasn't even really a consideration. Part of it was that everyone knew the Spurs were simply a lot better than the Cavaliers, but part of it was the team and the town were just happy to be there for once.

Thread
06-22-2013, 12:06 PM
'84 did that much of a number on you?

Too bad you're no longer an NFL fan.

What was your opinion on 18-1?

Yes, '84 is my ground zero. '13 is your's. Only the degree is up for debate. You guys are running, (upstairs) and here. Only normal. You've never had an "'84.". You've only had "'80" & "'82's." Now you have your own '84. Congratulations, you had it coming. This will sober your fucking good-time charley asses up. "You" thought it would go away after 48 hours. tee, hee. It never goes away. If you're vested, it never goes away. & it shouldn't. You felt at the 4. It is only proper for a vested member to feel at the '13.

Thread
06-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Go ahead and post some more bullshit as a followup to this post, you have already been on ignore since the day you came back.

Only pussies & assholes utilize the "ignore" function.

BUMP
06-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Objectively speaking, I understand why we do. If you grew up as a fan of a particular team, they become a part of your identity and any success or failure your favorite team experiences is also your success or failure. When your team wins the championship, you get "bragging rights" and a huge self-esteem boost. When your team loses, or worse yet, chokes in dramatic fashion after being so close to delivering their fans that self-esteem boost, it's like quitting a powerful drug cold turkey, resulting in the emotional fallout we've seen on this board over the past 3 days, with posters talking about how game 6 will "haunt them for life." Our own Timvp, who almost died last year, said, "There's no getting over game 6."

Rationally speaking, how silly is it to let the results of a game "haunt you for life?" Especially when you had absolutely zero control over the outcome. I understand the players being haunted, but even then, it's still only a game and meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Manu Ginobili's 8 turnovers and missed game clinching FT didn't improve or worsen the world economy, start a war, or cure cancer. Nor did they did kill your spouse, child, or pet. They lost a fucking basketball game that 99.9% of the population couldn't give a shit about.

Sports should be fun to watch above all else, which they usually are. Their outcomes should in no way dictate your mood, sense of self-worth, or outlook on life.

Nothing about sports should "haunt us," an epic loss like game 6 should be celebrated as great drama that illustrates how mercurial life is rather than emotionally devastate the fanbase who was on the losing end.

There's real tragedy that can haunt us, and if game 6 is what is currently haunting your mind, consider yourself pretty damn lucky.

Hard to answer that question tbh.

For me, I watch sports because they can be an entertaining form of life lessons. (Overcoming adversity, how to cooperate with others, etc)

As for actually getting "heartbroken" when your team loses, I have no idea why people do that. Makes no sense to me. It's easy to form an "identity" with a team, but like Veterinarian said, none of these guys would piss on me if I was on fire so why should I care so much about them? I can't even feel bad for a team like the Spurs who loses a heartbreaking game 7. These guys are still getting paid millions of dollars to play a game and can go to any city and pretty much pick up any girl they want.

midnightpulp
06-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Yes, '84 is my ground zero. '13 is your's. Only the degree is up for debate. You guys are running, (upstairs) and here. Only normal. You've never had an "'84.". You've only had "'80" & "'82's." Now you have your own '84. Congratulations, you had it coming. This will sober your fucking good-time charley asses up. "You" thought it would go away after 48 hours. tee, hee. It never goes away. If you're vested, it never goes away. & it shouldn't. You felt at the 4. It is only proper for a vested member to feel at the '13.

Surprised '69 didn't do a number on you, as well.

midnightpulp
06-22-2013, 12:23 PM
Hard to answer that question tbh.

For me, I watch sports because they can be an entertaining form of life lessons. (Overcoming adversity, how to cooperate with others, etc)

As for actually getting "heartbroken" when your team loses, I have no idea why people do that. Makes no sense to me. It's easy to form an "identity" with a team, but like Veterinarian said, none of these guys would piss on me if I was on fire so why should I care so much about them? I can't even feel bad for a team like the Spurs who loses a heartbreaking game 7. These guys are still getting paid millions of dollars to play a game and can go to any city and pretty much pick up any girl they want.

Interestingly, a lot of it is chemical. You get a rush of endorphins and adrenalin when your team succeeds and depletion when they fail. Spurfan went from the ultimate high to the ultimate low in a matter of seconds :lol

Thread
06-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Surprised '69 didn't do a number on you, as well.

It did. That's when I got hooked. Van Breda Kolf castigating Wilt along the bench. It tugged at my little boy heart and I was indoctrinated with Laker. I had no idea what was going on of course, but, I knew it was dramatic and intense. I didn't like to see adults in confrontation. My parents argued a lot, I'm sure that was the catalyst for my pathology there.

Brazil
06-22-2013, 12:53 PM
It depends of your age also tbh. The younger you are the more emotive. I used to cry a lot over sports up to 10 - 13 y/o. I cried after France Germany in 82 and 86 and my dad used to tell me to stop crying over a freaking football game and he is a huge sport fan. I think a lot of people in this board are teenager and you are right to point out self confidence. At this age identification to a sport team has a significant part of your life. When you are 30 with a job, wife and kids, your self esteem is linked to your family, career, personal achievements not anymore sport teams.

So yeah loss sucks but I slept fine after and am not demoralized about it. Life in Brazil is good my friends.

midnightpulp
06-22-2013, 01:04 PM
It depends of your age also tbh. The younger you are the more emotive. I used to cry a lot over sports up to 10 - 13 y/o. I cried after France Germany in 82 and 86 and my dad used to tell me to stop crying over a freaking football game and he is a huge sport fan. I think a lot of people in this board are teenager and you are right to point out self confidence. At this age identification to a sport team has a significant part of your life. When you are 30 with a job, wife and kids, your self esteem is linked to your family, career, personal achievements not anymore sport teams.

So yeah loss sucks but I slept fine after and am not demoralized about it. Life in Brazil is good my friends.

No longer in Detroit?

HarlemHeat37
06-22-2013, 01:07 PM

Of course you cried, you're a fucking pussy, tbh:lol..

Brazil
06-22-2013, 01:09 PM
No longer in Detroit?

No, I moved again to Brazil in February after almost two years in Detroit. My company needed me in Brazil after the former CFO quit so I accepted with a big smile to come back in my adoption country. This country is crazy awesome, kids and wife love it, soccer World Cup is coming and after the Olympics.

Brazil
06-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Of course you cried, you're a fucking pussy, tbh:lol..

How cute the favorite ST welsher is welshing again. :lol

midnightpulp
06-22-2013, 01:10 PM
No, I moved again to Brazil in February after almost two years in Detroit. My company needed me in Brazil after the former CFO quit so I accepted with a big smile to come back in my adoption country. This country is crazy awesome, kids and wife love it, soccer World Cup is coming and after the Olympics.

Life does indeed sound good.

Brazil
06-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Life does indeed sound good.

Oh yeah never been happier than now tbh.

and u ? Sup in your life?

ElNono
06-22-2013, 01:13 PM
For a lot of us here, it's great entertainment... it's not much different than hardcore TV series fans, tbh, the difference is that it's not scripted (despite what BRHornet says :lol).

We all enjoy the different team's journeys, the highs, lows, the great and bad endings, etc.

AchillesHeel
06-23-2013, 12:39 AM

And you know it.

Let us proceed...

It was bad luck. Coaching had a lot to do with it but even with the line-up we had at the end of 4th in Game 6 we would have won it all, if it were not for missed free throws and shit defense.

Timmy - 3 FMVPs, 2 MVPs, led his team to the Finals and took the Heatles to 7 games, almost won it in 6
Kirby - 2 FMVPs, 1 MVP, by the age of 37 will be out of the league LMAO

You've nary room, your Kobe rapedPERIOD

Thread
06-23-2013, 12:47 AM
It was bad luck. Coaching had a lot to do with it but even with the line-up we had at the end of 4th in Game 6 we would have won it all, if it were not for missed free throws and shit defense.

Timmy - 3 FMVPs, 2 MVPs, led his team to the Finals and took the Heatles to 7 games, almost won it in 6
Kirby - 2 FMVPs, 1 MVP, by the age of 37 will be out of the league LMAO

You've nary room, your Kobe rapedPERIOD

Boiled down:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Thread
06-23-2013, 12:48 AM
For a lot of us here, it's great entertainment... it's not much different than hardcore TV series fans, tbh, the difference is that it's not scripted (despite what BRHornet says :lol).

We all enjoy the different team's journeys, the highs, lows, the great and bad endings, etc.

Bend over. I'll give ya a fuckin' high, low and a bad fuckin' endings.

AchillesHeel
06-23-2013, 12:49 AM
Boiled down:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

I'm a trendsetter, I set trends.

Let us proceed...

ElNono
06-23-2013, 01:03 AM
Bend over. I'll give ya a fuckin' high, low and a bad fuckin' endings.

"Chickenshit"

"Ernest Tucker" - "Pure Country"

Thread
06-23-2013, 01:06 AM
^:rolleyes

symple19
06-23-2013, 02:03 AM

Since this is a Mid thread, I'll respond honestly

It's fucking ridiculous, but I take my teams very seriously. I loathe the NBA (least competitive league in America), and don't follow it during the regular season. However, I love the Spurs and can't fathom cheering for anyone else... Not since Dave, anyway. As the playoffs got deeper, I started to perk up and watched basically every minute of every game since the start of the Memphis series. For whatever reason, I could feel that this team was different than last year (didn't watch any of those playoffs, much less the OKC series). Maybe it had finally dawned on me that I wouldn't get too many more opportunities to watch D/P/G together, or maybe it was the fact that this team had some of the old magic... Whatever. I believed (:lol gay). And guess what? I was rewarded. Easily a top 3 series in my 34 years, and I grew into a b-ball fan in the 80's when LA/Boston/Detroit were dominant and many of the best players to ever live were plying their trade in the prime of their lives. This series and this Spurs team delivered.

As did the Heat. Lebron? Wade the warrior? Allen? Bosh? Birdman being the consummate team player? Goddamn right. If you love the GAME, then you love what those guys were able to do, against a Spurs team that deserved it every bit as much as they did. It was as even of a series as you're likely to see, even with all the odds stacked against SA. I know, :lol Spurs :lol moral victories :lol me, but I'm as fucking proud of SA as i've ever been of any of the teams I follow when they actually won titles

Let me tell you, I've been fortunate. Literally every single team I actively pull for has won a ship' in my lifetime...AND, when I'm actually old enough to understand what the fuck is going on. I suffered endless heartbreak with the Giants (Bay bridge/earthquake series, rally monkey's) before they became what they are today. Auburn? My beloved alma mater and the red headed step-child of the most dominant FB program on earth. Perceived as a cheater (understood, although no major violations for 20 years) and destined for the back-seat in the great state (:lol) of Alabama for eternity. They still got one, fairl(e)y I might add. Arsenal? Dominant for stretches, especially the 90's, but now a laughingstock and perpetual 4th place contender in the EPL. 49ers? Yeah, 5 titles, but a doormat for over a decade, yet they've risen once again as a long term contender to get a sixth.

The point is, your team will eventually get there, unless you're in Cleveland. Stick with them and eventually the reward will come. If you're like me, not a bandwagon fuckstick, the payoff will be even sweeter when that time finally arrives.

Why do I care so much about sports? Because I was indoctrinated by my (badass) father. Giants/Niners all day every day. I also played basketball/soccer all the way through High School. So I had to have teams there as well.

Why the Spurs? Well, I was born in Ft. Worth but I'll be goddamned if I'm gonna root for a faggot-ass team like the Mavs or a shithole city like Houston. D-Rob was my first rookie card and my best friend on my 4th grade basketball team was a Spurs fan. Done...For life

Arsenal was a shot in the dark. Late 80's and I was fascinated by artillery. There you go. I'm not British so I can pick whatever team I want. Done...For life

My background in sports and a stint in the Army made me as competitive as any motherfucker you'll ever find. Not a whole lot to fill the void once you get back from a fun-filled vacation in the middle-east. Ask DeadlyDynasty how much I wanna win, even if I'm in the middle of the pack and have basically no shot left in a silly-ass (free) FF league. Yes, I live vicariously through my teams, and it sucks dick when they lose. So the Spurs losing under the circumstances they did, when they literally had it within their grasp, hurts like a dagger in the gut. But they'll be back. It may take ten or twenty years (or even next year), but they'll be back. And if I haven't drank myself to death, then my ass will be in a recliner raising a toast when that Spurs team hoists the O'brien trophy.

Finally, I've got a ton of respect for the DD's, Joetaits, and DOK's, of the world. I've also got a lot of respect for the REAL Cowboy (:lol Cowboys) fans, those who stick with their team through thick and thin. I'll always remember the night the Mavs won the title and guys like BUMP and Linc went berserk. Is it crazy to love a dumbass sports team so much? No fuckin' way. It just gives us schmoe's something tangible to believe in when the world is filled with jeebotards, politicians, and used-car salesman...

If you don't like this post, fuck you, and I hope you die :toast

midnightpulp
06-23-2013, 02:07 AM
Since this is a Mid thread, I'll respond honestly

It's fucking ridiculous, but I take my teams very seriously. I loathe the NBA (least competitive league in America), and don't follow it during the regular season. However, I love the Spurs and can't fathom cheering for anyone else... Not since Dave, anyway. As the playoffs got deeper, I started to perk up and watched basically every minute of every game since the start of the Memphis series. For whatever reason, I could feel that this team was different than last year (didn't watch any of those playoffs, much less the OKC series). Maybe it had finally dawned on me that I wouldn't get too many more opportunities to watch D/P/G together, or maybe it was the fact that this team had some of the old magic... Whatever. I believed (:lol gay). And guess what? I was rewarded. Easily a top 3 series in my 34 years, and I grew into a b-ball fan in the 80's when LA/Boston/Detroit were dominant and many of the best players to ever live were plying their trade in the prime of their lives. This series and this Spurs team delivered.

As did the Heat. Lebron? Wade the warrior? Allen? Bosh? Birdman being the consummate team player? Goddamn right. If you love the GAME, then you love what those guys were able to do, against a Spurs team that deserved it every bit as much as they did. It was as even of a series as you're likely to see, even with all the odds stacked against SA. I know, :lol Spurs :lol moral victories :lol me, but I'm as fucking proud of SA as i've ever been of any of the teams I follow when they actually won titles

Let me tell you, I've been fortunate. Literally every single team I actively pull for has won a ship' in my lifetime...AND, when I'm actually old enough to understand what the fuck is going on. I suffered endless heartbreak with the Giants (Bay bridge/earthquake series, rally monkey's) before they became what they are today. Auburn? My beloved alma mater and the red headed step-child of the most dominant FB program on earth. Perceived as a cheater (understood, although no major violations for 20 years) and destined for the back-seat in the great state (:lol) of Alabama for eternity. They still got one, fairl(e)y I might add. Arsenal? Dominant for stretches, especially the 90's, but now a laughingstock and perpetual 4th place contender in the EPL. 49ers? Yeah, 5 titles, but a doormat for over a decade, yet they've risen once again as a long term contender to get a sixth.

The point is, your team will eventually get there, unless you're in Cleveland. Stick with them and eventually the reward will come. If you're like me, not a bandwagon fuckstick, the payoff will be even sweeter when that time finally arrives.

Why do I care so much about sports? Because I was indoctrinated by my (badass) father. Giants/Niners all day every day. I also played basketball/soccer all the way through High School. So I had to have teams there as well.

Why the Spurs? Well, I was born in Ft. Worth but I'll be goddamned if I'm gonna root for a faggot-ass team like the Mavs or a shithole city like Houston. D-Rob was my first rookie card and my best friend on my 4th grade basketball team was a Spurs fan. Done...For life

Arsenal was a shot in the dark. Late 80's and I was fascinated by artillery. There you go. I'm not British so I can pick whatever team I want. Done...For life

My background in sports and a stint in the Army made me as competitive as any motherfucker you'll ever find. Not a whole lot to fill the void once you get back from a fun-filled vacation in the middle-east. Ask DeadlyDynasty how much I wanna win, even if I'm in the middle of the pack and have basically no shot left in a silly-ass (free) FF league. Yes, I live vicariously through my teams, and it sucks dick when they lose. So the Spurs losing under the circumstances they did, when they literally had it within their grasp, hurts like a dagger in the gut. But they'll be back. It may take ten or twenty years (or even next year), but they'll be back. And if I haven't drank myself to death, then my ass will be in a recliner raising a toast when that Spurs team hoists the O'brien trophy.

Finally, I've got a ton of respect for the DD's, Joetaits, and DOK's, of the world. I've also got a lot of respect for the REAL Cowboy (:lol Cowboys) fans, those who stick with their team through thick and thin. I'll always remember the night the Mavs won the title and guys like BUMP and Linc went berserk. Is it crazy to love a dumbass sports team so much? No fuckin' way. It just gives us schmoe's something tangible to believe in when the world is filled with jeebotards, politicians, and used-car salesman...

If you don't like this post, fuck you, and I hope you die :toast

Awesome post. :toast

DeadlyDynasty
06-23-2013, 02:12 AM
I rag on people here for crying over a sporting event, but if the Buffalo Bills ever win a SB I'll probably sob like a little girl--then I'll walk the Earth and become a shepherd like Jules from PF

spurraider21
06-23-2013, 02:14 AM
i've always been an emotional sports fan. the raiders haven't been relevant for years, but they were a game out of the playoffs for the last 2 seasons (well, not this year, but the 2 prior), and i still remember getting annihilated in the superbowl, and the tuck rule screw job. i was even more emotionally invested in the spurs this year than ever before, partially because earlier in the season (and the school year) i hit some pretty nasty roadbumps at ucla and realized i won't be able to graduate this year, even though im a senior. that bummed me pretty hard, so i turned to the sports even more than i had in years past. the amazing season the spurs had really kept me afloat mentally for much of the year

HI-FI
06-23-2013, 02:43 AM
i've always been an emotional sports fan. the raiders haven't been relevant for years, but they were a game out of the playoffs for the last 2 seasons (well, not this year, but the 2 prior), and i still remember getting annihilated in the superbowl, and the tuck rule screw job. i was even more emotionally invested in the spurs this year than ever before, partially because earlier in the season (and the school year) i hit some pretty nasty roadbumps at ucla and realized i won't be able to graduate this year, even though im a senior. that bummed me pretty hard, so i turned to the sports even more than i had in years past. the amazing season the spurs had really kept me afloat mentally for much of the year

sorry about the roadbumps. i've been through my fair share of bad shit in my life, some of it occuring during my college years, so my college experiences weren't always of the Hollywood college bs. But I did have some real good and interesting times as well.

In terms of sports, I love Niners but that's more of a regional/memory thing, just because I'm proud of the Bay Area and I have happy, pure memories of the Niners kicking ass as a kid. I enjoy the game of football, I kept up with the Niners even during the past decade when they were sucking ass, but I still am not hardcore about football. I think I enjoy the seasons and rituals the most.

Basketball is my favorite sport, and I'm not a hardcore sports guy. But I just love the flow and energy of basketball, it's like music to me, I could listen to music or watch basketball all the time. I like Spurs same reason I like the Niners, born near one and spent a lot of my life near the other. Plus I just respect the history and culture of both.

After Spurs choked this shit away, I've seriously considered stepping back and trying to re-examine things. This was a pretty brutal way, especially after I spent more time ever this season following them. I used to follow more after all star break, but this shit was a beatdown, and this is coming from the same nigga who just experienced the Spurs get fucked over last year, the Niners lose in the SB. so shitty year sportswise.

I guess as long as I find something meaningful in both the game and the city/culture it's connected to, I'll keep watching, but after last week it's going to take awhile for me to get really invested again.

Jacob1983
06-23-2013, 03:05 AM
Stop crying Spurs fans. You guys are acting like the Spurs have never won anything. Boo hoo. Get over it. Your team choked. It happens to the best of us. Be thankful your team has won a championship.

symple19
06-23-2013, 03:27 AM
Stop crying Spurs fans. You guys are acting like the Spurs have never won anything. Boo hoo. Get over it. Your team choked. It happens to the best of us. Be thankful your team has won a championship.

You're actually correct, in a distilled manner of thinking. Doesn't change the fact that you're a faggot. Have fun at Target, scumbag

Jacob1983
06-23-2013, 03:29 AM
Poor little Spurs fan. Butthurt over 4 out of 5. Spoiled much?:lol

symple19
06-23-2013, 03:35 AM
Poor little Spurs fan. Butthurt over 4 out of 5. Spoiled much?:lol

Precisely why I'm not too pissed about the outcome. It sucks, tbh, but it's not the end of the world...Unlike your dead-end gig at a retailer.

spurraider21
06-23-2013, 04:02 AM
sorry about the roadbumps. i've been through my fair share of bad shit in my life, some of it occuring during my college years, so my college experiences weren't always of the Hollywood college bs. But I did have some real good and interesting times as well.

In terms of sports, I love Niners but that's more of a regional/memory thing, just because I'm proud of the Bay Area and I have happy, pure memories of the Niners kicking ass as a kid. I enjoy the game of football, I kept up with the Niners even during the past decade when they were sucking ass, but I still am not hardcore about football. I think I enjoy the seasons and rituals the most.

Basketball is my favorite sport, and I'm not a hardcore sports guy. But I just love the flow and energy of basketball, it's like music to me, I could listen to music or watch basketball all the time. I like Spurs same reason I like the Niners, born near one and spent a lot of my life near the other. Plus I just respect the history and culture of both.

After Spurs choked this shit away, I've seriously considered stepping back and trying to re-examine things. This was a pretty brutal way, especially after I spent more time ever this season following them. I used to follow more after all star break, but this shit was a beatdown, and this is coming from the same nigga who just experienced the Spurs get fucked over last year, the Niners lose in the SB. so shitty year sportswise.

I guess as long as I find something meaningful in both the game and the city/culture it's connected to, I'll keep watching, but after last week it's going to take awhile for me to get really invested again.

to me football and basketball are 1a and 1b. but due to their relevancy, my attachment to the spurs and their players >>> the raiders and their players.

as far as the school thing, it was the shock value that really got to me. not too worried about it long term. know ill get my shit done anyway, but thnx

Jacob1983
06-23-2013, 04:19 AM
Butthurt Spurs fans have to resort to bashing my shitty minion job. So sad so sad. :lol

Thebesteva
06-23-2013, 04:36 AM
My only advice for Spurs fans is to take their broken wings...and learn to fly again learn to live so free

Arcadian
06-23-2013, 03:26 PM
It's called BIRGing (basking in reflected glory).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basking_in_reflected_glory

Agloco
06-23-2013, 05:58 PM

Most first world folks live vicariously tbh. Unfortunately, perspective isn't a particularly strong trait amongst the masses.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-23-2013, 06:06 PM
You're actually correct, in a distilled manner of thinking. Doesn't change the fact that you're a faggot. Have fun at Target, scumbag

Precisely why I'm not too pissed about the outcome. It sucks, tbh, but it's not the end of the world...Unlike your dead-end gig at a retailer.
Just to clarify out discussion about generations, people like gaycob are sad cumstains on generation Y as they have no initiative to better themselves.

I have no defense for millennials like him :lol

Rogue
06-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Just to clarify out discussion about generations, people like gaycob are sad cumstains on generation Y as they have no initiative to better themselves.

I've urged him to quit that shit and start a new life for himself, in a sincere and heartful manner, but he remains at the job and I believe there must be reasons behind it. Maybe he's stuck in a direly abominable situation where he had to continue working there, and I have total sympathy on him

And i don't see the joy in dropping those terse comments on my nigga Jacob. The banal jokes are getting old and they're not funny at all. It may always be fun for your guys to gloat on other people's misfortune, Mr. descendant of Shylock, but my nigga is still young and he will have many chances to turn things around. Those who laugh last laugh longest, in my opinion

midnightpulp
06-23-2013, 09:36 PM

You're gonna be a good dad :tu

Thread
06-23-2013, 09:57 PM
You're gonna be a good dad :tu

& I taught him everything he knows about being a good one.