PDA

View Full Version : Is Baynes ready for solid minutes next season?

Spurs Brazil
06-22-2013, 07:17 AM
Do you think Baynes is ready to give a solid 15 minutes off the bench?

This will be a key factor for the Spurs decide what to do with Tiago

If Baynes can be a solid backup for Timmy I'd like to see Spurs go hard after Millsap.

Timmy/Millsap starting and Baynes/Boris off the bench would be a solid rotation

TrainOfThought5
06-22-2013, 07:25 AM

If Baynes can be a solid backup for Timmy I'd like to see Spurs go hard after Millsap.

Im expecting massive improvement from Baynes. I expect him to be the best big in Summer League, the best big off the bench during the season. very excited to have him.

Pako
06-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Hope he'll be an upgrade of Spliter... He can shoot outside, rebound and defend center position. Need to polish skills and learn spurs system.... Aside from kawhi, he's one i am excited about next season...

SA210
06-22-2013, 08:48 AM
Loved what I saw from him against Lakers

dallasmaverickslose
06-22-2013, 09:31 AM
After what he did to Howard, I do sort of wish Pop played him as our 4th big in the playoffs. He's the biggest guy on the team; I think he could turn out to be a very nice player for us.

smaka
06-22-2013, 10:17 AM
I think he is ready, or at least will be when the season begins.

As somebody already said, I think he might be the best big man in the summer league. He is really strong, with 260 lbs, but also very athletic big. I hope Pop gives him a chance.

dallasmaverickslose
06-22-2013, 10:21 AM
I think he is ready, or at least will be when the season begins.

As somebody already said, I think he might be the best big man in the summer league. He is really strong, with 260 lbs, but also very athletic big. I hope Pop gives him a chance.

I vote that unless Splitter comes back cheap, we let him go, and sign Millsap. That gives us a solid group of bigs in Duncan, Diaw, Baynes, Millsap, and Bonner (Bonner is fantastic as a 5th big).

smaka
06-22-2013, 10:29 AM
I vote that unless Splitter comes back cheap, we let him go, and sign Millsap. That gives us a solid group of bigs in Duncan, Diaw, Baynes, Millsap, and Bonner (Bonner is fantastic as a 5th big).

Man, I'd bet my azz Baynes would average more rebounds in 20 minutes of action in the playoffs than Tiago did. 3 rebounds in 20 minutes is simply awful for a 7-footer.

dbestpro
06-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Baynes will exceed expectations. His is everything you want from a physical center. I think where people will be most surpised is how good he is with his mid-range jumper. He just needs the minutes. I have been a Splitter fan in the past, but I am convinced that Baynes has a better upside.

dallasmaverickslose
06-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Man, I'd bet my azz Baynes would average more rebounds in 20 minutes of action in the playoffs than Tiago did. 3 rebounds in 20 minutes is simply awful for a 7-footer.

Don't you wish Kawhi had a 7-footer older brother?

BackHome
06-22-2013, 11:14 AM
Kawhi at 7 foot OMG! That would be close to David Robinson.

Two10Whitey
06-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Baynes is going to tear it up once he becomes comfortable with the Spurs system.. Tiago sucked as a backup and is way too soft.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2013, 11:24 AM
I vote that unless Splitter comes back cheap, we let him go, and sign Millsap. That gives us a solid group of bigs in Duncan, Diaw, Baynes, Millsap, and Bonner (Bonner is fantastic as a 5th big).Again. Why does everyone keep insisting on Paul Millsap? The guy is a fuc*ing midget. He will win us some regular season games but come playoff time, if we run into a big team like the Clippers, Lakers, Grizzlies, or Nuggets, then the Spurs will pay the consequences of having an undersized big man. Then Millsap will be on the trading block or in Pop's dog house the following year because Pop hates undersized big men. Just ask Malik Rose and Dejuan Blair.

Yes to the original question. I think Baynes deserves an opportunity.

dallasmaverickslose
06-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Again. Why does everyone keep insisting on Paul Millsap? The guy is a fuc*ing midget. He will win us some regular season games but come playoff time, if we run into a big team like the Clippers, Lakers, Grizzlies, or Nuggets, then the Spurs will pay the consequences of having an undersized big man. Then Millsap will be on the trading block or in Pop's dog house the following year because Pop hates undersized big men. Just ask Malik Rose and Dejuan Blair.

Oh really? Why is Diaw working out so well for us then? Millsap is actually bigger than Diaw, and he puts up respectable numbers. Diaw and Millsap would be solid as our 2 PF's with Duncan and Baynes playing as our Centers. Of course, this all depends on if Baynes pans out to be a solid back-up center. I think he definitely can, if the Lakers series is any indication...

Robz4000
06-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Again. Why does everyone keep insisting on Paul Millsap? The guy is a fuc*ing midget. He will win us some regular season games but come playoff time, if we run into a big team like the Clippers, Lakers, Grizzlies, or Nuggets, then the Spurs will pay the consequences of having an undersized big man. Then Millsap will be on the trading block or in Pop's dog house the following year because Pop hates undersized big men. Just ask Malik Rose and Dejuan Blair.

The Lakers won't make the playoffs unless they secure another lopsided trade. The Nuggets really aren't anything special (McGee dumb as a rock, the rest are underwhelming). The Grizz are about to take a step back next season before really getting better, and by then the Spurs won't be contenders. I'll give you the Clippers if they acquire KG and PP and a better coach. Millsap may actually be the perfect fit in the Spurs' system and allows Tim to move to C full time.

ata
06-22-2013, 11:50 AM
I know that Baynes can fight and have balls - however that is not enough.
His minutes will depend on how good will he learn Spurs' defensive system - I hope he has as much brain as he has courage.

Xevious
06-22-2013, 11:51 AM
People were saying a lot of the same things about Ian Mahinmi. You can't let Splitter walk and just hope that Baynes pans out imo.

Spurs Brazil
06-22-2013, 12:04 PM

That's why I asked if Baynes is ready. If he is he'll be the big with Timmy on those situations

rick1991
06-22-2013, 12:30 PM
In the practice interview videos and shoot arounds Baynes showed to have a very nice jumper. even has some moves off the dribble for a big man

T Park
06-22-2013, 12:44 PM
If he has a good summer league and training camp I don't see why not.

Showed many tools. With no Blair and possibly Bonner, he'll have a chance.

HEBsteaks
06-22-2013, 12:51 PM
I hope so! Not only would it be good for the team, but it would give Tim Duncan some good minutes of needed rest. First step is learning the system and second will be getting some moves to finish near the rim. I'm excited!

TXstbobcat
06-22-2013, 12:55 PM
I am looking forward to seeing if he can be the spurs best player in summer league this year. I remember how excited I was last year watching Leonard dominate in summer league last year.

palangi
06-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Oh really? Why is Diaw working out so well for us then? Millsap is actually bigger than Diaw, and he puts up respectable numbers. Diaw and Millsap would be solid as our 2 PF's with Duncan and Baynes playing as our Centers. Of course, this all depends on if Baynes pans out to be a solid back-up center. I think he definitely can, if the Lakers series is any indication...
this is not true at all. I live in utah and have seen milsap up close for his whole career. he is not worth getting and he is not bigger than diaw. milsap is only 6'7". having diaw already is good enough for undersized PF's. plus milsap is going to be looking for a good sized contract. You really need to get off milsap, he is not what you think he is. infact if you want a player like him, we could go taller and younger in earl clark. clark would also be a lot cheaper as well.

DrunkTXLabrat
06-22-2013, 01:06 PM
i expect him to dominate summer league like leonard last season. hopefully, they'll pull him early. to get a better look at somebody less dominant.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2013, 01:14 PM
this is not true at all. I live in utah and have seen milsap up close for his whole career. he is not worth getting and he is not bigger than diaw. milsap is only 6'7". having diaw already is good enough for undersized PF's. plus milsap is going to be looking for a good sized contract. You really need to get off milsap, he is not what you think he is. infact if you want a player like him, we could go taller and younger in earl clark. clark would also be a lot cheaper as well.Thanks :king for backing up my point.

palangi
06-22-2013, 01:17 PM
infact he is only 6'6" without shoes

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Paul-Millsap-299/

dallasmaverickslose
06-22-2013, 01:26 PM
this is not true at all. I live in utah and have seen milsap up close for his whole career. he is not worth getting and he is not bigger than diaw. milsap is only 6'7". having diaw already is good enough for undersized PF's. plus milsap is going to be looking for a good sized contract. You really need to get off milsap, he is not what you think he is. infact if you want a player like him, we could go taller and younger in earl clark. clark would also be a lot cheaper as well.

With all due respect, this is quite contradictory to what I've been told by a few Jazz fans that I personally know. They have told me Millsap looks more like a 6'9" guy and hey plays with a lot of strength. Earl Clark was a flash in the pan from my point of view; plus, he's not that strong or big (weight-wise).

palangi
06-22-2013, 01:27 PM
With all due respect, this is quite contradictory to what I've been told by a few Jazz fans that I personally know. They have told me Millsap looks more like a 6'9" guy and hey plays with a lot of strength. Earl Clark was a flash in the pan from my point of view; plus, he's not that strong or big (weight-wise).
please look at this link. and I have personally stood next to paul. he is not 6'9" no matter how bad you want it to be.

dallasmaverickslose
06-22-2013, 01:29 PM
please look at this link. and I have personally stood next to paul. he is not 6'9" no matter how bad you want it to be.

I'm just going off what my friends that are Jazz fans said. I trust their judgment because they seem to understand pro basketball pretty well. They have also told me that Al Jefferson not really all that he's hyped up to be. His stats on paper are sort of misleading.

palangi
06-22-2013, 01:34 PM
funny because most jazz fans here are ready for paul to move on. I bet even your friends are ready for this.

but hey keep ignoring the link i sent you that shows his measurements from the combine.

DOS CHAINZ
06-22-2013, 01:37 PM
I think so. Send him to Vegas & see how he does.

DMX7
06-22-2013, 01:40 PM
I didn't think about it, but he may be as good as Splitter.

dallasmaverickslose
06-22-2013, 01:43 PM
funny because most jazz fans here are ready for paul to move on. I bet even your friends are ready for this.

but hey keep ignoring the link i sent you that shows his measurements from the combine.

I did look at it and it does bring up some points. I respect the source. And maybe Jazz fans are ready to part with him; that doesn't necessarily mean he's a bad player. I think pairing him next to Duncan would bring out a whole lot of good things in him.

palangi
06-22-2013, 01:53 PM
I did look at it and it does bring up some points. I respect the source. And maybe Jazz fans are ready to part with him; that doesn't necessarily mean he's a bad player. I think pairing him next to Duncan would bring out a whole lot of good things in him.
fair enough we all get opinions. mine is that he is not worth the money he will get. and I don't want to see the spurs overpay for his services.

kobyz
06-22-2013, 01:54 PM
he doesn't have a go to guy attribute that Splitter has in him some, Splitter has his pros and cons, but he is more quality player overall than what Baynes will ever be i belive, just wish we sign Splitter to a reasonable contract and he is work on his game a lot in the summer to become an improve player.

palangi
06-22-2013, 02:08 PM
baynes go to attribute is his rim protection and physicality. something we really lack. baynes also brings a better outside game as he is good from 15-17' out. something splitter does not have. baynes hook shot is also on par with splitter.

infact the only thing splitter has on baynes is his pick and roll offense. but this is something baynes can get better at and he will be a more physical finisher, unlike your boy charmin splitter.

kobyz
06-22-2013, 02:15 PM
baynes got attribute is his rim protection and physicality. something we really lack. baynes also brings a better outside game as he is good from 15-17' out. something splitter does not have. baynes hook shot is also on par with splitter.

infact the only thing splitter has on baynes is his pick and roll offense. but this is something baynes can get better at and he will be a more physical finisher, unlike your boy charmin splitter.

only on paper baynes got those attributes, it's other thing to actually perform them and making your game effective.
Splitter has better IQ and intangibles making him a lot of times very valuable player...

BackHome
06-22-2013, 02:22 PM
If you can't sign him to a decent contract then you better look at getting someone else even if we have Baynes.

palangi
06-22-2013, 02:25 PM
only on paper baynes got those attributes, it's other thing to actually perform them and making your game effective.
Splitter has better IQ and intangibles making him a lot of times very valuable player...
I think he showed these down at the NBDL and over seas. granted i will agree that isn't at the NBA level it shows that he does have the ability to bring what splitter can't.

Mr Bones
06-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Baynes averaged 2.7 fouls in 8.8 mpg in the NBA last year. That's almost a foul every 3 minutes. He's a big strong center who plays with toughness, but the idea that he could replace Splitter is ludicrous.

palangi
06-22-2013, 02:27 PM
Baynes averaged 2.7 fouls in 8.8 mpg in the NBA last year. That's almost a foul every 3 minutes. He's a big strong center who plays with toughness, but the idea that he could replace Splitter is ludicrous.
to be fair to baynes a lot of times that is what he was brought in to do. be physical push people around and use his 6 fouls.

Mr Bones
06-22-2013, 02:33 PM
to be fair to baynes a lot of times that is what he was brought in to do. be physical push people around and use his 6 fouls.

He had trouble with fouling a lot in college, in the D League, and in Europe. He'll be 27 years old next season. I admire his toughness, but hoping that he'll play in the NBA without racking up lots of fouls per minute is just not realistic.

kobyz
06-22-2013, 02:35 PM
I think he showed these down at the NBDL and over seas. granted i will agree that isn't at the NBA level it shows that he does have the ability to bring what splitter can't.

to me he only showed that he is a good rebounder, no much more.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2013, 03:03 PM
to me he only showed that he is a good rebounder, no much more.Didn't we just lose a championship because of a rebound?

spurraider21
06-22-2013, 03:12 PM
I don't want to commit multiple years to Paul millsap

spurtech09
06-22-2013, 03:15 PM
What I like about baynes is that hes strong....not like splitter.....splitter is weak

RD2191
06-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Well they brought Baynes in for a reason. I'm thinking it was in case Splitter walked.

therealtruth
06-22-2013, 06:00 PM

I certainly think Pop abadoned Splitter too quickly. He gave Ginobili a long enough leash to choke. Splitter's main value was implementing our game plan. Plus he was effective at getting shots around the basket. It's kind of telling that when we abandon the starting lineup and rotation that got us to the Finals is when we lose. What good is it to play one way all year and then try changing our stripes when it matters? You have to trust your guys and Pop for some reason doesn't have that trust with Splitter.

tim_duncan_fan
06-22-2013, 06:23 PM
If we'd had him earlier he could have been worked in this year. I think he's going to be better than Splitter and certainly won't get his shots stuffed back into his throat as often.

temujin
06-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Spurstalk experts have certified that Baynes is the next coming of Wilt Chamberlain.

Better, becuase he also has a midrange jumper.

Awesome.

look_at_g_shred
06-22-2013, 07:26 PM
I still see the image of Baynes manhandling Howard in the first round. That was just fucking beautiful. He has potential to be a real threat around the rim defensively. Also isn't afraid to throw it down your throat either!! Everytime he got playing time last season, I saw good out of him. Disregarding his first game.

palangi
06-22-2013, 07:35 PM
Spurstalk experts have certified that Baynes is the next coming of Wilt Chamberlain.

Better, becuase he also has a midrange jumper.

Awesome.

sure would like to see where someone said this? or are you making it up?

I think baynes has a higher ceiling than splitter and would be a good role player for us. I haven't stated anywhere he is an all star. nor have I seen anyone else state this. but thanks for your awesome input. we will be sure to look for your incredible insight whenever needed in the future.

AFBlue
06-22-2013, 09:20 PM
People were saying a lot of the same things about Ian Mahinmi. You can't let Splitter walk and just hope that Baynes pans out imo.

Depends on the price. Splitter has too many faults to be paid $10-12M/yr, which is what I expect he'll be offered. You have to look at it like this...Splitter at that price or Baynes + another piece at that cost. If I'm the Spurs FO, I'm rolling the dice and going with the latter.

AFBlue
06-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Personally, I'm excited to see Baynes after a full training camp with the team. He's shown flashes of good post D, finishing ability and even a mid-range jumper. He may not be the direct Splitter replacement, but he's a nice insurance policy to that end.

3 Legged Dog
06-22-2013, 10:50 PM

i think that Baynes could start for us and we'd be a better team for it. In fact, I think that he should have been played in the playoffs.

He rebounds with a passion. Sets physical picks, which this team hasn't had in a long while. Can hit 15 to 2 foot jumpers consistently. Can shoot and effective hook shot with either hand. He has some actual athleticism and quick twitch muscle fibre. You cannot say any of toss things about Shitter, Meow, Boner or Blair.

all that said, I do hope that we add a big body in free agency. Ditch Blair, Bonner and Splitter.

3 Legged Dog
06-22-2013, 10:53 PM
he doesn't have a go to guy attribute that Splitter has in him some, Splitter has his pros and cons, but he is more quality player overall than what Baynes will ever be i belive, just wish we sign Splitter to a reasonable contract and he is work on his game a lot in the summer to become an improve player.

Splitter is a complete and total knob gobbler. He is the weakest 7 footer in this league. Literally has no balls whatsoever.

3 Legged Dog
06-22-2013, 10:55 PM

The idea that Splitter is actually in the NBA is ludicrous.

CitizenDwayne
06-22-2013, 10:56 PM
The idea that Splitter is actually in the NBA is ludicrous.

That's a bit of a stretch.

Baynes
06-22-2013, 10:57 PM
Spurs made Splitter look like a good player, but he is complete sh*t and weak as hell.

Baynes should be the starting C.

A bad Baynes > Good Tiago

ElNono
06-22-2013, 10:59 PM
Baynes is great insurance in case some team decides to throw the house at Splitter... but Splitter is already ahead in the development curve, and can still develop more. The Spurs should really try to get his services again...

CitizenDwayne
06-22-2013, 11:00 PM
For all of his issues (rebounding, being a puss), Splitter averaged 10 points on 56% shooting this season. What makes anyone think Baynes can even come close to that?

BackHome
06-22-2013, 11:17 PM
Would like to see how Splitter at Center and Baynes at PF would play out.

palangi
06-22-2013, 11:22 PM
Splitter is also quicker and can easily switch on defense and guard point guards on pick and rolls. Baynes doesn't have the foot speed of Splitter.
????????? really??????? splitter can guard PG's????????

Baam
06-22-2013, 11:29 PM
Baynes is the backup center, and has been the minute he got here since he's the only center other than Tim, Pop just didn't want to play him.

Also he has the same range as Tim so he can play mostly the same way which is great for the system tbh.

Tim 30min Baynes 18min
??? 30min Diaw 18min

The only question mark is the starting PF.

tesseractive
06-23-2013, 01:21 AM
Baynes is the backup center, and has been the minute he got here since he's the only center other than Tim, Pop just didn't want to play him.

Also he has the same range as Tim so he can play mostly the same way which is great for the system tbh.

Tim 30min Baynes 18min
??? 30min Diaw 18min

The only question mark is the starting PF.

Splitter may not be the center you want, but he is absolutely an NBA 5. He could start at center for what? 20, 25 teams? This is a league where Chris Bosh can play the 5.

Unless Dwight Howard wants to come here for some unfathomable reason, the chance of us finding a better center is effectively zero. And Baynes might be a workable backup (tbd), but he's not likely to be an amazing revelation except possibly in certain, specific matchups.

Baam
06-23-2013, 01:25 AM
Bosh playing the 5 is Miami's greatest weakness but they make up for it... Since Andersen go there they have been a whole lot better.

Tiago doesn't have the skillset of a center, he doesn't rebound well enough for the position that's why the pairing with Boris doesn't work.

RD2191
06-23-2013, 01:30 AM
Splitter is absolute trash. He can't score without manu or tony setting him up.

moisaenz
06-23-2013, 01:57 AM
I guess the safe move would be to sign splitter to a decent contract do not overpay him.If he wants to get paid let him leave.... see if he has improved or how much baynes can improve, if not trade whichever one does not fit...

Spurs Brazil
06-23-2013, 07:08 AM
I really want to see Baynes playing in Summer League.

smaka
06-23-2013, 07:29 AM
He had trouble with fouling a lot in college, in the D League, and in Europe. He'll be 27 years old next season. I admire his toughness, but hoping that he'll play in the NBA without racking up lots of fouls per minute is just not realistic.

He had problems when he played in Slovenia at the beginning too, but after a couple of games he adjusted and barely fouled out of the game. But in the first couple of games he usually got 2 fouls in the 1st quarter.

You can't make predictions based on his this years' statistics, since he was often sent to the game just in order to foul or hack somebody. So those stats are practically irrelevant.

timmy2003
06-23-2013, 07:52 AM
????????? really??????? splitter can guard PG's????????
Yes.

jhuan16
06-23-2013, 08:25 AM
No, Pop will probably play Bonner 25+min per game.:bang

temujin
06-23-2013, 08:48 AM
For all of his issues (rebounding, being a puss), Splitter averaged 10 points on 56% shooting this season. What makes anyone think Baynes can even come close to that?

Well, Baynes has had a fantastic career in college and a better one in Europe, playing for teams like Rytas, Oldenburg and Kalliteas, helping them in the transition from amateurish to pro ball.
He had also a spectacular 4 months at Olimpija, averaging 13 ppg and 10 rpg and helping them to a 3-7 record and early elimination from Euroleague basketball.

He was clearly the best center (south of Graz, north of Rijeka, west of Zagreb and east of Treviso).

During the corresponding years, Splitter only won Spanish league title and MVPs and a Month Euroleague MVP.
In fact, that translated into only 10 ppg in the NBA.

wildbill2u
06-23-2013, 08:56 AM
He has only played a total of 141 minutes in 16 games, mostly in garbage time. While I liked what I saw, there is no way to tell at this point if he will earn more minutes next season. Only Pop and the staff know the answer because they see him in practice as well as the limited minutes in real games.

3 Legged Dog
06-23-2013, 09:15 AM
Yes.

No.

Mr Bones
06-23-2013, 11:26 AM
He had problems when he played in Slovenia at the beginning too, but after a couple of games he adjusted and barely fouled out of the game. But in the first couple of games he usually got 2 fouls in the 1st quarter.

You can't make predictions based on his this years' statistics, since he was often sent to the game just in order to foul or hack somebody. So those stats are practically irrelevant.

Well, Baynes has had a fantastic career in college and a better one in Europe, playing for teams like Rytas, Oldenburg and Kalliteas, helping them in the transition from amateurish to pro ball.
He had also a spectacular 4 months at Olimpija, averaging 13 ppg and 10 rpg and helping them to a 3-7 record and early elimination from Euroleague basketball.

He was clearly the best center (south of Graz, north of Rijeka, west of Zagreb and east of Treviso).

During the corresponding years, Splitter only won Spanish league title and MVPs and a Month Euroleague MVP.
In fact, that translated into only 10 ppg in the NBA.

Mr Bones
06-23-2013, 11:30 AM
This same exact thread happened a few years ago, but it was about Mahinmi being the savior... "Mahinmi will be be a 16 and 8 guy, Mahinmi will be an all-star, Mahinmi is better than (insert name of any staring center in the NBA), Mahinmi dominated in the D League...."

BackHome
06-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Mahinmi problem was he was always hurt that is why I didn't like him.

Mr Bones
06-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Even when he's 100% healthy, he's not a starting center in the NBA. Not on a good team, anyway.

Raven
06-23-2013, 11:58 AM
we should start developing the tiago-baynes combo asap, let diaw and timmy play together limited minutes. We can coast in the regular anyway.

texmich
06-23-2013, 12:02 PM
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/167745569-danny-green-and-aron-baynes-of-the-san-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QZBoP2%2FYWxm0PQrdu%2B7aJcnx DL%2F%2FKJaPBZZVrqA53ylHzsL3NV4TO1mmL%2FfViDANgBD5 RYVd7y6xDEPEG%2FmQud2E00I%2B2hsZsz2sBxBKTr3j Let these young guys ball, get some swag n a mean streak next year

Bruno
06-23-2013, 12:18 PM
I would upgrade him from the 6th big, he has been this season, to the 5th big. As 5th big, he would get non-garbage time minutes in case of injuries or when Duncan is rested on b2b.

ace3g
06-23-2013, 12:30 PM
10-15 min

boutons_deux
06-23-2013, 12:42 PM
My bet is that Pop won't play Baynes enough next season to allow him to grow into a serious contributor, even as nothing but a rebounder/defender, like Rasho was.

Baynes has 1.44 PF per 8.8 minutes.

Mr Bones
06-23-2013, 03:58 PM
I would upgrade him from the 6th big, he has been this season, to the 5th big. As 5th big, he would get non-garbage time minutes in case of injuries or when Duncan is rested on b2b.

:tu

Captivus
06-23-2013, 04:12 PM
I want him to play 10-15 minutes, and see him dominate Tiago when we play the team that overpaid him.

unforeseen
06-23-2013, 04:37 PM
He will earn his money against the Lakers and Grizzlies.