PDA

View Full Version : Why would we not bring back Tmac?

Timnobili
06-22-2013, 08:15 AM
We obviously need a scorer/playmaker and a backup for Kawhi. He can fit both of these roles and will likely come cheap. What am I missing here?

CubanMustGo
06-22-2013, 08:24 AM
(a) he's washed up
(b) see (a)

exstatic
06-22-2013, 08:30 AM
(a) he's washed up
(b) see (a)

JonNOKC
06-22-2013, 08:32 AM
If the Spurs brought him back I would not have a problembwith that. Bottom line is they got an extended look atTMac and should have a very accurate evaluation of what he can and can't do. Obviously if they choose not to bring him back we know he is truly washed up.

TrainOfThought5
06-22-2013, 08:34 AM
(a) he's washed up
(b) see (a)

These things arent stopping us from bringing back Ginobili.

Marcus Bryant
06-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Vet min contract? Sure.

SA210
06-22-2013, 08:48 AM
I'd like Tmac back.

dallasmaverickslose
06-22-2013, 09:25 AM
I'd sure be open to bringing back T-mac. Give him a full offseason with Pop. He might surprise us. I don't think he would be a heavy contributor, but I think with some work he could definitely lead our 2nd unit.

I say we keep him, let Neal go, and sign somebody like Korver or Dunleavy this offseason. We'd have quite a bit of flexibility in our lineups with guys who can play both the 2 guard, wing, and even PF in small-ball lineups.

And heck, we can even have T-mac play PG. If he's even a tenth of the player he once was (after we brush him up with a full offseason) he could easily fill the role vacated by Gary Neal. I don't think Neal will be back; somebody will overpay him.

With some work, maybe T-mac could be a veteran role player for us like Battier, Miller, and Allen were for the Heat. Give the man a chance.

HEBsteaks
06-22-2013, 10:41 AM
I don't know what he can truly bring, no one does, except the Spurs. I don't understand how people on here can call him done and washed up, all based off of a few minutes in garbage time. It must be based off of his lack of scoring, which is a bad way to evaluate the situation. If it's based on his slow movement on the court, you might call it lazy/fat/careless, but it looked more like some one going through the motions.

T-Mac would bring MORE than scoring, he would bring everything else the Spurs ACTUALLY needed in the Finals. He can control/pass the ball, rebound, play some defense, and has good mobile size. He gave effort while in garbage time by grabbing rebounds, getting blocks and passed/assisted well. He wouldn't be scared by the stage.

I think he is like Tim, smart enough to adapt his game to his loss of athleticism. He bring TONS of experience. We aren't look for him to be the old T-Mac, that young super star, just looking for him to play a back up role. I vote for bringing him back. He is a pretty "complete" player, which the Spurs need. I think he can be a great backup. If the Spurs don't want him back, then none of this matters and they have different plans. We will see.

Proxy
06-22-2013, 10:45 AM
He could contribute more to the team then Jack did

texmich
06-22-2013, 11:04 AM
I really hope the spurs give him a chance this offseason and if its for the vets min, why not? I think Tmac got an idea of the system and the way the spurs do things from being on the bench for the playoffs, and given a great summer to workout and get in shape, he could be a great addition. After all he wants a ring and realizing how close he came to getting one. He may come back more motivated than ever to help this team and actually contribute to achieving that goal. I like tmac and if hes committed and the price is right why the hell not, he is a fan favorite, and would sell jerseys at the very least lol.

exstatic
06-22-2013, 11:12 AM

TMac never took the Spurs on his shoulders to a Championship: see 2005. Any Manu contract is a thank you and a sentimental gesture.

BackHome
06-22-2013, 11:22 AM

Lol...............

Ibleedslvrnblk
06-22-2013, 11:32 AM
He can contribute like Diaw did. Spurs don`t waste time/space with players they do not think can help them win in the long term

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2013, 11:41 AM
(a) he's washed up
(b) see (a)LOL... I just remembered something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPIEEdVP8Xk
TMac never took the Spurs on his shoulders to a Championship: see 2005. Any Manu contract is a thank you and a sentimental gesture.Again living in the past. Dude is DONE.

TrainOfThought5
06-22-2013, 11:42 AM
TMac never took the Spurs on his shoulders to a Championship: see 2005. Any Manu contract is a thank you and a sentimental gesture.

Tmac has never cost us 2 championships.

i do believe that deserves a little praise, old sport.

Skull-1
06-22-2013, 01:22 PM

And one.

DOS CHAINZ
06-22-2013, 01:46 PM
I think he'd be good for us next yr. He can take Blairs spot on the bench & give us quality minutes nights Pop gives the starters rest.

therealtruth
06-22-2013, 01:55 PM
We've got to get more ball handlers than Manu and TP. TMac and even Kawhi should be handling the ball more. With TMac the backup PG can focus more on defense and hitting open shots and less playmaking.

therealtruth
06-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Tmac has never cost us 2 championships.

i do believe that deserves a little praise, old sport.

I think that's 3 if you are counting .4 and the foul and game 6. I still can't get over Manu's missed free throw. It was his chance to atone for all those turnovers.

baseline bum
06-22-2013, 01:58 PM
McGrady isn't an NBA level athlete. He has absolutely nothing left, and would be lucky to get a vet minimum offer anywhere.

ElNono
06-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Vet min contract? Sure.

this. He's young. Hope he liked what he saw.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Other than he won't play..